Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Glottis
May 29, 2002

No. It's necessary.
Yam Slacker

hawowanlawow posted:

yeah, this really isn't hard to understand

yeah whoever said "but he could have killed someone if he was <scenario not depicted>" - no, not when he's walking around trying to rap. He wasn't attempting to get back in a car or anything. I mean, the raps are bad, but not THAT bad.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

The General
Mar 4, 2007

Vincent Van Goatse posted:

A random mall cop telling kids not to skateboard in the parking lot shouldn't have a taser. A security guard at a nuclear power plant or riding in an armored car on the other hand has a legit potential need for one. Not everyone in private security is Paul Blart.

You don't know what you're talking about. I am part of my malls RRT (Rapid Response Team), we all have MP5s and nightvision goggles. If it's a sale like Black Friday, we've got snipers on the roofs of businesses across the street to cover all entry and exit points.

God those mall ninja posts :allears:

lobsterminator
Oct 16, 2012

fuctifino posted:

https://twitter.com/MacrodosingPod/status/1709999862127743441

How could anyone have predicted that something like this could happen?
Bonus to the stormchaser constantly screaming like a young child asking for Jesus to save him

Only registered members can see post attachments!

Roblo
Dec 10, 2007

I posted my food for USPOL Thanksgiving!

Takes No Damage posted:

e:

Bike tires are pretty strong along their surface, but a child can bend one in half laterally. Once I was trying to ride in the rain and my brakes got wet and went completely out. A fellow biker was coming the other way and the same thing happened. We slid directly towards each other at about 5mph both impotently slamming on our brakes and turning our front wheels to absolutely no effect, and he ended up running straight into me as I had my wheel turned 90 degrees. Caved it in half like it wasn't there :(

Not if its a semi decent bike wheel it wont (i presume you mean wheel, not tire).

You'd think a cop bike, of all things, should be built fairly tough given hes going to have the expectation of riding down steps etc. Any non crap bike wheel (even a lightweight road wheel) should be capable of...turning. Which is all that cop was doing.

Tiggum
Oct 24, 2007

Your life and your quest end here.

Cop looks like he's trying to transform into a leopard or something.

Takes No Damage
Nov 20, 2004

The most merciful thing in the world, I think, is the inability of the human mind to correlate all its contents. We live on a placid island of ignorance in the midst of black seas of infinity, and it was not meant that we should voyage far.

Grimey Drawer

Roblo posted:

Not if its a semi decent bike wheel it wont (i presume you mean wheel, not tire).

You'd think a cop bike, of all things, should be built fairly tough given hes going to have the expectation of riding down steps etc. Any non crap bike wheel (even a lightweight road wheel) should be capable of...turning. Which is all that cop was doing.

The rim is a wheel, wrapping it in a tube and rubber makes it a tire :eng101: And he isn't just turning, he's starting to turn while almost sideways up an incline which shifts all the weight/force to shear perpendicular to the wheel:

Tiggum posted:

Cop looks like he's trying to transform into a leopard or something.

Pretty good form for a volleyball slide NGL.

Johnny Truant
Jul 22, 2008

Yeah that's a cheap bike wheel, they should not do that and I'm not sure why you're saying they should

John Wick of Dogs
Mar 4, 2017

A real hellraiser

Obviously they need more funding for more rugged bikes

dreamin of semen
Feb 22, 2013

MULTIPLICATION

Takes No Damage posted:

The rim is a wheel, wrapping it in a tube and rubber makes it a tire :eng101: And he isn't just turning, he's starting to turn while almost sideways up an incline which shifts all the weight/force to shear perpendicular to the wheel:

The entire assembly is a wheel. The tire is the tire. Or tyre if ya nasty, and I am. The rim is the metal ring the tyre and tube go on, and it's laced to the hub by spokes. The tyre, tube, rim, spokes, spoke nipples and hub are the main components of a fully built wheel.

A properly built, high quality wheel should not do that, with the speed he was going and the angle he was turning at. I can guarantee you that none of my bikes would do that under those circumstances, even if I put 130kg of ham and ham accessories on them. A child also absolutely could not bend a wheel, unless you didn't mean by hand. By riding? Sure, all they have to do is turn the bars 90 degrees before "landing" a sick jump (and going to hospital :v:)

Roblo posted:

They seem to be mostly on par with the kind of heavy-rear end 3x8 bike you'd get for a few hundred bux. Not particularly high quality, a couple steps above a Big W/Walmart bike, but with massive markups on them because they do poo poo like getting them from Smith & Wesson.

Apparently, cycle cops are usually trained in their own bike maintenance. I wouldn't be shocked if that wheel hasn't been maintained, because wheel maintenance is an arcane art to inexperienced mechanics. Plus, knowing cop training, I'm guessing cycle cop bike maintenance training probably involves watching hours of bodycam footage of cops stacking their bikes due to mechanical failures in lieu of actually teaching them how to prevent them.

Soul Dentist
Mar 17, 2009
Cop on a bike in a skate bowl. Bike go boom

freeedr
Feb 21, 2005

Copenfreude compilation I posted in the last thread:

https://i.imgur.com/PIdu2Ev.mp4

ekuNNN
Nov 27, 2004

by Jeffrey of YOSPOS
https://va.media.tumblr.com/tumblr_s25zqd3uKh1qigfjt.mp4

Snowglobe of Doom
Mar 30, 2012

sucks to be right
https://i.imgur.com/FKJJTPp.mp4

His Divine Shadow
Aug 7, 2000

I'm not a fascist. I'm a priest. Fascists dress up in black and tell people what to do.

Admiral Joeslop posted:

Oh, lame, didn't realize that. I'm assuming they're all setups then.

It's 2023, they're all setups.

Roblo
Dec 10, 2007

Takes No Damage posted:

As others have pointed out, this is pretty much all wrong. No semi decent bike wheel should bend in that situation, even with a fat cop on the bike. Even a decent lightweight road bike wheel, let along a "mountain bike" (I use that term loosely) like that. As others have said that's barely a step up from a lovely Walmart bike.

See videos of people doing trials on road bikes for examples.

HenryJLittlefinger
Jan 31, 2010

stomp clap

Even a cheap walmart bike wheel will have more lateral strength than that one. I bet the rim was already compromised from having a porky cop wearing gear ride off curbs and stairs a bunch.

Anecdotally, I once caught my pedal on the ground in a turn hard enough to lift the back wheel up off the ground and then slam it back down with my weight still in the saddle. It had a nasty warp in it but I just pulled the wheel and smacked it on the ground to take enough of the bend out to ride 5 miles back to the nearest bike shop to buy a replacement to get home. This was a fairly narrow and lightweight road bike wheel.

HenryJLittlefinger has a new favorite as of 16:34 on Oct 8, 2023

Inceltown
Aug 6, 2019

Someone who says wheels fold easy enough for a child to do it has never seen a motivated drunk person trying to kick in wheels. They bend but it takes more than a few boots to cave them in.

bad_fmr
Nov 28, 2007

limp_cheese posted:

Impressed dude stayed on his feet. Tough mother fucker.

For real that was a curl up and vomit level of nutshot. :shudder:

Thanks for the help :lmao:

Admiral Joeslop
Jul 8, 2010

https://i.imgur.com/2VA70a1.mp4

Platystemon
Feb 13, 2012

BREADS
https://twitter.com/proteorodeo/status/1268689213022748672

Tree Bucket
Apr 1, 2016

R.I.P.idura leucophrys

Chekov's Lake does not disappoint.

Hyperlynx
Sep 13, 2015

All Cats Are Beautiful

Roblo
Dec 10, 2007

Big big fan of the guy running up to "help" then immediately making the problem far far worse. Brilliant effort champ.

ekuNNN
Nov 27, 2004

by Jeffrey of YOSPOS
some more bicycle cops

ekuNNN
Nov 27, 2004

by Jeffrey of YOSPOS
https://va.media.tumblr.com/tumblr_s27bciaoSn1r0uzl6.mp4

https://va.media.tumblr.com/tumblr_rw1cesyH9I1vmobp0_720.mp4

https://va.media.tumblr.com/tumblr_s284htugeb1vmobp0.mp4

Ornamental Dingbat
Feb 26, 2007

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=1Uc0c5HcRkI

cult_hero
Jul 10, 2001

ekuNNN posted:

some more bicycle cops

Honestly, the cop mentality of "Our job is cool and we are the best at what we can do because we had 8 hours of no fail training" will always be the best source of schadenfreude.

Takes No Damage
Nov 20, 2004

The most merciful thing in the world, I think, is the inability of the human mind to correlate all its contents. We live on a placid island of ignorance in the midst of black seas of infinity, and it was not meant that we should voyage far.

Grimey Drawer

Hyperlynx posted:

All Cats Are Beautiful

HenryJLittlefinger
Jan 31, 2010

stomp clap

ekuNNN posted:

some more bicycle cops

Man I bet that kid that hucked the soccer ball into the cop's wheel got detention for like a week

Vapor Moon
Feb 24, 2010

Neato!
The Human Font

What's a tiny invisible wall doing there?

Tiggum
Oct 24, 2007

Your life and your quest end here.

I'm assuming that last guy braked hard for some reason? I don't know why he would but otherwise it's got to be the tiny invisible wall.

The ones who try to step off the bike in motion are even dumber though. Do they have no awareness of how fast they're moving? Or do they lack the basic understanding of momentum that most of us developed as small children?

Snowglobe of Doom
Mar 30, 2012

sucks to be right

:dudsmile:

Remulak
Jun 8, 2001
I can't count to four.
Yams Fan

Tiggum posted:

The ones who try to step off the bike in motion are even dumber though. Do they have no awareness of how fast they're moving?
But if it works they get to beat someone first!

PurpleXVI
Oct 30, 2011

Spewing insults, pissing off all your neighbors, betraying your allies, backing out of treaties and accords, and generally screwing over the global environment?
ALL PART OF MY BRILLIANT STRATEGY!

Tiggum posted:

Or do they lack the basic understanding of momentum that most of us developed as small children?

If they had the basic awareness of children, they would not be cops.

freeedr
Feb 21, 2005

I would buy a round for the absolute monarch that snuck that in there

Nobody Interesting
Mar 29, 2013

One way, dead end... Street signs are such fitting metaphors for the human condition.

ooh! I've seen this before but not realised it's my home town til now. British cops are poo :allears:

Roblo
Dec 10, 2007

Nobody Interesting posted:

ooh! I've seen this before but not realised it's my home town til now. British cops are poo :allears:

Hadn't spotted the spinnaker tower in the background there.

Looks like he just yanked on the front brake. What an elite cop.

Paper Tiger
Jun 17, 2007

🖨️🐯torn apart by idle hands

Well, there's nothing better than a cat biffing it. Except cops falling off bikes, maybe. gently caress, I could watch cops fall off bikes all day, I don't give a poo poo about your cops.

Push El Burrito
May 9, 2006

Soiled Meat
Cats are the cops of the pet world.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

ekuNNN
Nov 27, 2004

by Jeffrey of YOSPOS

Push El Burrito posted:

Cats are the cops of the pet world.

MODS?!?