Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Danann
Aug 4, 2013

Военная хроника posted:

What oddities accompany the Hamas attack on Israel: a Military Chronicle breakdown

Each circumstance is important both individually and as a set of questions to Israel's security system.

Strangeness #1 - Israel was unaware of the preparations for the attack.

Gaza is a narrow piece of land of (https://t.me/milchronicles/2699) 365 square kilometers. It was thought to be bugged and watched by the Israeli army and intelligence services up and down, but the attack revealed that this was not the case. Supposedly, Hamas had developed a system for coordination and communication that excluded electronic contact, and somehow the Palestinians managed to hide everything from Israel's intelligence agencies.

Oddity #2 - Israel failed to prevent the attack.

Shortly before the October 7 strike on the checkpoints and major cities, Hamas was bringing in MLRS, ground forces, paragliders and other equipment in an organized manner. The preparations and first steps went unnoticed, no preemptive strike was launched.

Oddity #3 - the alarms on the border did not go off.

The electronic systems on the border, in the construction and equipment of which Israel has invested billions of dollars, proved useless. Numerous cameras and sensors also failed to detect and stop the Palestinian attack, as did the combat patrols, which for some reason were simply not around. Palestinian drones were quietly able to hit automatic machine guns and sensor turrets, and Hamas assault teams quietly blew up the fence and crossed the border. No one is trying to attack them. Hundreds of IDF soldiers have been killed right in the camps, in barracks, and sleeping because of a failed alarm system.

Oddity #4 - Hamas tactics.

Contrary to popular belief, the Palestinians did not bypass IDF fortifications and bases. They aggressively stormed (https://t.me/milchronicles/2691) both checkpoints and bases where armored vehicles were located. However, Hamas did not use tanks - apparently due to the low skill level of the attackers or lack of necessity. It is still unclear where the sentries, the guards on duty and the covering forces were at that time.

Oddity #5 - the readiness of combat equipment.

The Israeli Merkava Mk.4 tank destroyed by a copter drop was hit in one of the most unprotected areas - from above. The Trophy active defense system was apparently disabled. In the footage of the tank destruction and the capture of the crew, it is clearly visible that the vehicle's gun is shrouded. This suggests that the crew did not prepare the vehicle for combat and counted only on intimidation, which is not only a gross violation of instructions, but also simply stupid in such an attack.

Oddity #6 - panic in border towns.

All localities, especially in a region like the Gaza Strip, should have plans in place in case the conflict escalates. But there was no organized warning or evacuation. The local security forces were so small and poorly armed that they were quickly eliminated by the Palestinians.

Oddity #7 - the difference in coordination between the IDF and Hamas.

Until about noon on Oct. 7, the Israeli government had little response to the fighting. It is Saturday morning, Shabbat in the country. Only at 2-15 p.m. did security forces begin to round up reservists and organize retaliatory raids. However, the death of Yonatan Steinberg, commander of the Nahal Infantry Brigade, indicates a hasty response by what forces they could at least somehow muster at once. It appears that Nahal's intervention in the fighting against Hamas was initiated by the brigade commander and was not the result of a direct order from the General Staff.

That said, the IDF will presumably begin a military operation inside neighborhoods in the Gaza Strip in the next two days. However, operations in open terrain and in residential areas are different. An attempt by Israeli ground troops to enter the Palestinian enclave would almost certainly be accompanied by a high death toll on both sides.

@MChroniclesBot - send your photos and videos from the front.

☠️ Military Chronicle

(https://t.me/+vA_qwxP_ANNkYzQy)💙 Military Chronicle in VK (https://vk.com/militarychronicles)
(from t.me/milchronicles/2700, via tgsa)

tl;dr - pretty weird that israel got caught off guard with everything weighted towards them

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

F Stop Fitzgerald
Dec 12, 2010

fizzy posted:

“All this technology, all this stuff we have done to keep ourselves safe, the army, it meant nothing. This country is a joke.”

:qq:

fizzy
Dec 2, 2022

by Jeffrey of YOSPOS
Bad news for the vaunted prowess of the Israeli Defence Force - Almost 48 hours after the start of the war, the IDF has still not dislodged the Hamas personnel with Israeli territory.

https://www.theguardian.com/world/l...f08297bb3424840

7m ago
00.30 BST

The IDF has tweeted a video message from a Lieutenant Colonel in the IDF reserves in which he describes a “dire situation” in Israel.

In the nightly update, he says that, almost 48 hours into the conflict, “troops are fighting and hunting down the last terrorists that are still inside Israeli territory.”

https://twitter.com/IDF/status/1711158369552138326

ughhhh
Oct 17, 2012

Pretty sure d&d has spent more time talking about how awful it was that white girls in dreads got killed in a rave than any Palestinian that got bombed or murdered.

a helpful bear
Aug 18, 2004

Slippery Tilde

Asproigerosis posted:

How is a military being propped up by the rest of the world with the most advanced gear getting their poo poo pushed in so hard by rag tag rebels?

CBS News just reported that there is a Big Question as to how Israeli intelligence didn't See This Coming. :thunk:

HallelujahLee
May 3, 2009

ughhhh posted:

Pretty sure d&d has spent more time talking about how awful it was that white girls in dreads got killed in a rave than any Palestinian that got bombed or murdered.

Before i stopped reading that was all that was discussed for pages

Hammerstein
May 6, 2005

YOU DON'T KNOW A DAMN THING ABOUT RACING !

Asproigerosis posted:

How is a military being propped up by the rest of the world with the most advanced gear getting their poo poo pushed in so hard by rag tag rebels?

Cause most of them are conscripted kids, who see the service as a necessary annoyance, while counting the days til their term ends and they can get back to their lives. Their main expertise is bullying unarmed civilians and setting up chairs for a watch-along when the IDF is bombing Gaza.

smarxist
Jul 26, 2018

by Fluffdaddy
that's pretty terrible even for the guardian lol

Egg Moron
Jul 21, 2003

the dreams of the delighting void

I agree with Russia that unresolved issues are playing a part in this violence

paul_soccer12
Jan 5, 2020

by Fluffdaddy
thread
https://twitter.com/hamdahsalhut/status/1711087418797887493
idk who this person is or if the videos are legit
https://twitter.com/hamdahsalhut/status/1711090974233878778

Fleetwood
Mar 26, 2010

biggest hochul head in china

this is what i imagine leatherface looks like underneath the skin masks

fizzy
Dec 2, 2022

by Jeffrey of YOSPOS

ughhhh posted:

Clarifying news for ughhhh - It is more clear than ever that liberals simply don't regard Palestinians as human.

Xander77 posted:

Turns out that if you keep murdering people, they will place you in a concentrated area and limit your ability to move freely. Pretending that that different states of Palestinians of Gaza, the Western Bank and Israel happened in a vacuum is a complete misrepresentation of historic fact.

Lord of Pie
Mar 2, 2007

Scarabrae posted:

😂

also I can’t believe I have to cancel Mark Hamill now

he would be nearly a Takei tier succ lord if not for his ability to occasionally log off

crepeface
Nov 5, 2004

r*p*f*c*
jeez a thousand new posts

speng31b
May 8, 2010

fizzy posted:

Clarifying news for ughhhh - It is more clear than ever that liberals simply don't regard Palestinians as human.

please don't turn this into a d&d mock thread there are like 3 other threads for that

ughhhh
Oct 17, 2012

I and a lot of people online were hoping people at burning man got ebola so I don't know what kind of sympathy d&d expected people to have over that stupid rave near Gaza.

speng31b posted:

please don't turn this into a d&d mock thread there are like 3 other threads for that

Sry didn't see your post, but at a certain point you have to see how this whole thing is being used and creating a dichotomy of human (those who go to raves and are pretty) vs animals (Palestinians).

ughhhh has issued a correction as of 00:47 on Oct 9, 2023

AnimeIsTrash
Jun 30, 2018

ughhhh posted:

I and a lot of people online were hoping people at burning man got ebola so I don't know what kind of sympathy d&d expected people to have over that stupid rave near Gaza.

you should check out what our local burning man attendant said about all this:

Stereotype posted:

I think both groups should have to leave the area and it should be turned into a nature preserve. seems fair

(USER WAS PUT ON PROBATION FOR THIS POST)

Homeless Friend
Jul 16, 2007

ughhhh posted:

i knew it was coming which is why i initially changed the title to cspams unequivocal support of terrorism lol

Oglethorpe
Aug 8, 2005

Mangopress had a post about not trusting al jazeera journalists because after every interview with a high ranking resistance member, they die shortly after

then they deleted it 10 minutes later

Dixon Chisholm
Jan 2, 2020

from the river to the sea brother

Morbus
May 18, 2004

StashAugustine posted:

Someone really needs to get Biden alone at just the right amount of senility and show him all the Belfast PLO murals

lol

deathbysnusnu
Feb 25, 2016

ughhhh posted:

A hot white girl in a sun dress' value in terms of human life is proportional
to their instagram followers. Seeing as the kids in those high rises and hospitals
had no social media presence they didn't really count in terms of war crimes.

paul_soccer12
Jan 5, 2020

by Fluffdaddy
owned
https://www.vancouverisawesome.com/national-news/canadians-stuck-in-israel-as-flights-are-cancelled-embassy-closed-for-thanksgiving-7657591
Canadians stuck in Israel as flights are cancelled, embassy closed for Thanksgiving

quote:

He said he contacted the emergency contact line set up for Canadians in Israel but was redirected to the Canadian Embassy. Segall said he was told the embassy
was closed for Thanksgiving, and requests for travel information and emergencies wouldn't be answered until after the long weekend.

Zerg Mans
Oct 19, 2006

At least this time the settlers won't be sitting on a hill eating popcorn during the air strikes

Best Friends
Nov 4, 2011

ughhhh posted:

discussing anything else is whataboutism. topic locked

Lord of Pie
Mar 2, 2007

fizzy posted:

Bad news for Hamas - The UAE has come out in support of Israel.

the gulf states and israel have a lot in common when it comes to oppressing arabs

Al!
Apr 2, 2010

:coolspot::coolspot::coolspot::coolspot::coolspot:

AnimeIsTrash posted:

you should check out what our local burning man attendant said about all this:

lmao forgot he was the burning man guy.... what if we genocided both groups and made it safe for rich tourists durr durr

boo boo bear
Oct 1, 2009

I'm COMPLETELY OBSESSED with SEXY EGGS

Homeless Friend posted:

i knew it was coming which is why i initially changed to title to cspams unequivocal support of terrorism lol

gunned it out with three different idf brigades while doing a terrorism. gotta respect a diversity of tactics.

Dixon Chisholm
Jan 2, 2020

smarxist posted:

free al saqr, actually, promote him to admin for the duration of the third intifada, thank you.

HallelujahLee
May 3, 2009

that burning man guy is also the climate change thread mod

Lpzie
Nov 20, 2006

what's the cooking comically guy said about this

Homeless Friend
Jul 16, 2007
personally i enjoy D&D posting. koos is wrong, its not calm hitler. its posting buddha. my golden glow is enlightening others and leading them to nirvana

Second Hand Meat Mouth
Sep 12, 2001

Fellatio del Toro posted:

my grandfather died at a concentration camp

oh wow thats terrible!

he fell out of the DJ booth

Zurtilik
Oct 23, 2015

The Biggest Brain in Guardia
An NBA team should come in support of Hamas.

smarxist
Jul 26, 2018

by Fluffdaddy
https://twitter.com/TheFirstonTV/status/1711166210484633735

fukken... based...

paul_soccer12
Jan 5, 2020

by Fluffdaddy

ughhhh posted:

they are actually just concerned about the bad optics that are going to hurt the palestinian struggle, which they support, in the long run

crepeface
Nov 5, 2004

r*p*f*c*

smarxist posted:

free al saqr, actually, promote him to admin for the duration of the third intifada, thank you.

lol he's probated again?!

the milk machine
Jul 23, 2002

lick my keys
what band was it

paul_soccer12
Jan 5, 2020

by Fluffdaddy

a LIVE band? decadence...

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

mags
May 30, 2008

I am a congenital optimist.

ughhhh posted:

that’s because d&d is racist shithole much like Israel and America