Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Blue Moonlight
Apr 28, 2005
Bitter and Sarcastic

Gaius Marius posted:

I don't think I've ever disliked Hardy, even in bad movies or small parts.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Nameless Pete
May 8, 2007

Get a load of those...
Tom Hardy has the most generic white English guy face that I can watch an entire movie where he plays one of the main characters and not realize it's him until the credits. This has happened more than once. Like, I am just assuming from context clues that that's him in the above picture.

BaldDwarfOnPCP
Jun 26, 2019

by Pragmatica

Nameless Pete posted:

Tom Hardy has the most generic white English guy face that I can watch an entire movie where he plays one of the main characters and not realize it's him until the credits. This has happened more than once. Like, I am just assuming from context clues that that's him in the above picture.

Easy to miss in Dunkirk for sure. And for the opposite of that maybe watch Locke which is quite good for a one-man show.

Probably don't watch that star wars thing up the page that seems bad to me.

Gripweed
Nov 8, 2018
Women are wonderful animals, they should be making music and writing novels about having a complex relationship with your mother.
I’ve never had a British meat pie but I bet they’re pretty good.

thetoughestbean
Apr 27, 2013

Keep On Shroomin
I’ve had Shepherd’s Pie. I don’t care for it

doverhog
May 31, 2013

Defender of democracy and human rights 🇺🇦

BaldDwarfOnPCP posted:

Easy to miss in Dunkirk for sure. And for the opposite of that maybe watch Locke which is quite good for a one-man show.

Probably don't watch that star wars thing up the page that seems bad to me.

Locke is a good, entertaining, movie which is saying something for Tom Hardy doing a monologue to camera about not being able to pour concrete even tho he promised.

*in Taboo, I wish he had just hosed his sister, instead of being so weird about it (which he played well tho)

**his character, you really need to watch Taboo to understand what I mean

doverhog has a new favorite as of 04:05 on Sep 23, 2023

doverhog
May 31, 2013

I've never had British meat pie but I want all the meat pies.

Powered Descent
Jul 13, 2008

We haven't had that spirit here since 1969.

thetoughestbean posted:

I’ve had Shepherd’s Pie. I don’t care for it

It's literally just meat and mashed potatoes mixed together, all in a pie crust. What's not to like? It's like the ISO standard comfort food.

Killingyouguy!
Sep 8, 2014

Crowded subways are nice actually

thetoughestbean
Apr 27, 2013

Keep On Shroomin

Powered Descent posted:

It's literally just meat and mashed potatoes mixed together, all in a pie crust. What's not to like? It's like the ISO standard comfort food.

I don’t love beef

Powered Descent
Jul 13, 2008

thetoughestbean posted:

I don’t love beef

Welp, then never mind, you're all clear

Gaius Marius
Oct 9, 2012

Shepard's pie has no beef, the clue is in the name

Powered Descent
Jul 13, 2008

Gaius Marius posted:

It's suborbital, until it finally hits a golf ball on the Moon.

Byzantine
Sep 1, 2007

Powered Descent posted:

It's suborbital, until it finally hits a golf ball on the Moon.

:hmmyes:

Yngwie Mangosteen
Aug 23, 2007

Gaius Marius posted:

A lot of them in the US use beef because we don't eat much lamb.

Elissimpark
May 20, 2010

Bring me the head of Auguste Escoffier.

thetoughestbean posted:

I’ve had Cottage Pie. I don’t care for it

There. Fixed. Are we happy?

Tiggum
Oct 24, 2007

Your life and your quest end here.

Yngwie Mangosteen posted:

And you call them steamed hams, despite the fact they are obviously grilled?

BaldDwarfOnPCP
Jun 26, 2019

by Pragmatica

doverhog posted:

Locke is a good, entertaining, movie which is saying something for Tom Hardy doing a monologue to camera about not being able to pour concrete even tho he promised.

*in Taboo, I wish he had just hosed his sister, instead of being so weird about it (which he played well tho)

**his character, you really need to watch Taboo to understand what I mean

No I get it.

I watched the show. My sibling watched the show and recommended it. We don't gently caress, btw.

Concurrent with GoT really, I have my days where I'm with Jaime and Cersei. Jaime, loving knight Brienne earlier and like do good stuff with her idk. Cersei, hey Cersei that is a sexy vader outfit let's drink some more red wine aglalgalgal.

Taboo just got left on the shelf to dry (hump.)

Robobot
Aug 21, 2018

Yngwie Mangosteen posted:

We always called those cottage pies. At least in my little section of the midwest, we do.

doverhog
May 31, 2013

BaldDwarfOnPCP posted:

Taboo just got left on the shelf to dry (hump.)

Taboo spoilers:

There is a lot of build up in the show about it, and it's established it's not a new thing, and the resolution is that she kills herself after he refuses to take her with him, and he sails off back to Africa or somewhere far away from Britain with all the other people he does agree to bring along.

That's where this deranged violent revolutionary cannibal draws the line? Ok. Watching the show it bugged me.

Jen heir rick
Aug 4, 2004
Probation
Can't post for 4 hours!

Gaius Marius posted:

It's filled with shepards?

bawk
Mar 31, 2013

No, it's their favorite pie on the Citadel

Gripweed
Nov 8, 2018
Women are wonderful animals, they should be making music and writing novels about having a complex relationship with your mother.
It's wild that regular stores still sell flan. It's like some kind of prototype desert that was made by mistake, like some kind of chemical that comes off a machine used in oil processing but they accidentally found out if the pipe is super hot but the chemical is immediately scraped off and put somewhere cold it turns into flan. And it became a big craze in 1890 but then ten years later they invented pudding and ice cream and other nice deserts that taste good, and you'd think that would have been the end for flan. But no, you can still buy flan at stores that sell normal food that people like to eat like eggs and bread.

Rick
Feb 23, 2004
When I was 17, my father was so stupid, I didn't want to be seen with him in public. When I was 24, I was amazed at how much the old man had learned in just 7 years.

bawk posted:

No, it's their favorite pie on the Citadel

thetoughestbean
Apr 27, 2013

Keep On Shroomin
I was introduced to flan through Final Fantasy so I’m always surprised when I remember it’s a real dessert

Gaius Marius
Oct 9, 2012

Flan is great, really easy to make too. You'd think it'd see more play

alexandriao
Jul 20, 2019

That all sounds a bit too flanciful for my liking

Killingyouguy!
Sep 8, 2014

here's my thoughts on flan

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=9sEI1AUFJKw

Rick
Feb 23, 2004
When I was 17, my father was so stupid, I didn't want to be seen with him in public. When I was 24, I was amazed at how much the old man had learned in just 7 years.
Flan is cool because it is at tis base something you can make with no cooking skills but is also a good way to show artistry if someone has a lot of those skills.

Gripweed
Nov 8, 2018

Rick posted:

Flan is cool because it is at tis base something you can make with no cooking skills but is also a good way to show artistry if someone has a lot of those skills.

Someone with no cooking skills can make a lot of bad things

Yngwie Mangosteen
Aug 23, 2007

Gripweed posted:

Someone with no cooking skills can make a lot of bad things

Apparently posting works the same way.

Robobot
Aug 21, 2018
I like flan well enough, but it basically has to be the only dessert on the menu for me to actually order it. And where there’s flan there’s usually tres leches cake and you’d have to be a fool, a damned fool, to choose flan over tres leches.

Edgar Allen Ho
Apr 3, 2017

by sebmojo
Crusader Kings 2 is immensely, unquestionably better than Crusader Kings 3, which is one of the most boring solved nothing games I've ever had the displeasure of trying

Antigravitas
Dec 8, 2019

Die Rettung fuer die Landwirte:
e: Wait how did this get here I am not good with computer

Gaius Marius
Oct 9, 2012

Paradox isn't interested in making good games anymore. Just bland foundations they can lay dlc onto.

Gripweed
Nov 8, 2018
I can’t believe Diane Feinstein died.

thetoughestbean
Apr 27, 2013

Keep On Shroomin
PHMO: If you’ve got a picture of a model on the cover of your fiction book, you’ve hosed up. It makes your book look like trash.

I’m looking at you Jim Butcher

Grassy Knowles
Apr 4, 2003

"The original Terminator was a gritty fucking AMAZING piece of sci-fi. Gritty fucking rock-hard MURDER!"

thetoughestbean posted:

PHMO: If you’ve got a picture of a model on the cover of your fiction book, you’ve hosed up. It makes your book look like trash.

I’m looking at you, Collectible Lionel Classics: Treasures from the Postwar Era’s Roger Carp

Gaius Marius
Oct 9, 2012

thetoughestbean posted:

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Rick
Feb 23, 2004

Grassy Knowles posted:

I’m looking at you, Collectible Lionel Classics: Treasures from the Postwar Era’s Roger Carp