Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.
Biggest disappointment of 2023?
The Dallas Cowboys (gently caress 'em)
The New York Giants
The Philadephia Eagles
The Washington Washingtons
Myself for watching NFC East Clownball
View Results

blarzgh
Apr 14, 2009

SNITCHIN' RANDY
Grimey Drawer
welp

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Diqnol
May 10, 2010

Euph, think up something good to make blarf post

Shinjobi
Jul 10, 2008

Gravy Boat 2k
Honestly walking away blaming the coaching staff for the worst of this poo poo. They looked completely unprepared for anything the 49ers have, like they were hiding away for 5 weeks and not just trucking everyone plainly.

beep by grandpa
May 5, 2004

Euph please be responsible

Ragnarok the Red
Jun 21, 2002
Welp, nice to know to not have any expectations going forward.

blarzgh
Apr 14, 2009

SNITCHIN' RANDY
Grimey Drawer
Frauds

Chieves
Sep 20, 2010

SAME
OLD
SORRY
rear end
COWBOYS

Ragnarok the Red
Jun 21, 2002
Feels crazy just how much Kellen and Amari were propping Dak up. Like, holy poo poo.

beep by grandpa
May 5, 2004

Stop, he's already dead

Shinjobi
Jul 10, 2008

Gravy Boat 2k

Ragnarok the Red posted:

Feels crazy just how much Kellen and Amari were propping Dak up. Like, holy poo poo.

They paid Zeke early so he could fall apart, they paid Dak late and let his weapons walk

Please help me I'm Jerry Jones and my brain is cereal

Quiet Feet
Dec 14, 2009

THE HELL IS WITH THIS ASS!?

beep by grandpa posted:

Stop, he's already dead

The Cowboys can go a level beyond dead. They have the power.

Diqnol
May 10, 2010

Specifically dak is? Or?

beep by grandpa
May 5, 2004

Omg

AAAAA! Real Muenster
Jul 12, 2008

My QB is also named Bort

Why isnt Trey Lance in?

beep by grandpa
May 5, 2004

BiggerBoat posted:

Dak Prescott making promises (and not so subtly dissing his receivers)

https://deadspin.com/dallas-cowboys-qb-dak-prescott-guarantees-his-accuracy-1850648657

The Dallas Cowboys' QB guarantees he won't throw 10 picks in 2023

quote:

As if there wasn’t enough pressure on the Dallas Cowboys heading into year eight of the Dak Prescott era, the two-time Pro Bowl quarterback added just a little more.

Prescott added more to his plate while speaking to the Fort Worth Star-Telegram by predicting his number of interceptions will be considerably lower than last year.

“I know who I am, and you can go back and take away half of those off drops,” Prescott said.

“I’m not saying it’s on the receiver, but if you cut that in half, then we start talking about those, nobody is talking about it.”

“I won’t have 10 interceptions this year.”

Vincent Van Goatse
Nov 8, 2006

Enjoy every sandwich.

Smellrose

Diqnol posted:

Specifically dak is? Or?

Yes.

MrMojok
Jan 28, 2011

LMAO the Niners chipped the poo poo out of Parsons, ran right through the Dallas D, and let the anemic Dallas offense play from behind led by QB1 who has no ground game and can always be depended on for two or three picks in such situations

bonus: LVE will now miss the next three games minimum

MrMojok
Jan 28, 2011

Sit Dak (14/24 with three picks) down now and let Rush or the kid QB this team on this drive from their on yard line down four scores. Why not?

e: and later this week sign Dak to another extension because it’s the only viable move they have to free up cap space for disappointing seasons in 2024/5/6

Alfred P. Pseudonym
May 29, 2006

And when you gaze long into an abyss, the abyss goes 8-8

drat the Cowboys suck poo poo and Mike McCarthy is a garbage coach who should be fired

Alfred P. Pseudonym
May 29, 2006

And when you gaze long into an abyss, the abyss goes 8-8

I can’t believe I’m about to say this, but

At least the Rangers are good

MrMojok
Jan 28, 2011

LOL, Chargers, Rams, and Iggles coming up for my heroes

biceps crimes
Apr 12, 2008

we will end with a 12-5 record and get knocked out again by a superbowl worthy team. our run game sucks, coaching sucks, etc. fraudulent

e: actually I’m feeling 10-7

Diqnol
May 10, 2010

Is it Pollard or the line? Pollard looked crazy last season

MrMojok
Jan 28, 2011

*John Facenda NFL films voice*

“Rayne Dakota Prescott, once the great hope of Cowboys Nation, faced a major challenge in week five”

MrMojok
Jan 28, 2011

Diqnol posted:

Pollard was great as a change of pace, to use on downs other than ones where you’ve got to run and everybody knows it.

He was never an RB1

Diqnol
May 10, 2010

Thats a Sleep Number QB, ladies and gentlemen l.

MrMojok
Jan 28, 2011

Another member of the secondary down, is there any way we can just lay down and not attempt to tackle now, even if we lose 63-10

e: I need a drink and several more tonight. And probably for the next three months until this ends, at which point I can enjoy the warmth and butterflies and promise of spring, before I wait to it all repeat itself for the 28th time

BoosterDuck
Mar 2, 2019
put jerrys rear end in a retirement home

too senile to call any shots

Diqnol
May 10, 2010

MrMojok posted:

Pollard was great as a change of pace, to use on downs other than ones where you’ve got to run and everybody knows it.

He was never an RB1

Amusing to be glad to be rid of zeke and to have this be true too

Haha

Lol

MrMojok
Jan 28, 2011

Diqnol posted:

Amusing to be glad to be rid of zeke and to have this be true too

Haha

Lol

My hope was they’d draft someone who could run hard in between the tackles for like three seasons.

Zeke’s contract had to be cut loose. There was no other way. That is all on Jerreh.

But I will add, having Zeke and Diggs here tonight would not have made any difference at all

MrMojok
Jan 28, 2011

I’m double and triple posting but don’t care.

I know CFB fans saw some fun poo poo from Deuce Vaughn and I’m sure at some point this season we will too on a *single* long run or reception, but letting Zeke go and replacing him with someone that’s 5’5” and maybe 190 lbs sure was a pick

Quiet Feet
Dec 14, 2009

THE HELL IS WITH THIS ASS!?

Diqnol posted:

Thats a Sleep Number QB, ladies and gentlemen l.

Sleep so good he still hasnt woken up yet.

Toaster Beef
Jan 23, 2007

that's not nature's way

Toaster Beef posted:

i don't think there's any world where the cowboys lose eight or nine games this season

look,

davecrazy
Nov 25, 2004

I'm an insufferable shitposter who does not deserve to root for such a good team. Also, this is what Matt Harvey thinks of me and my garbage posting.

Diqnol posted:

Just another dude in the long list of guys who looked great as a #2, but could not hack being a #1.

Tom Sellout
May 27, 2011

$240 million of Johnny Walker Blue and Throatzilla's services.

MrMojok posted:

He was never an RB1

Ah he's probably an RB1 but Mike has no feel for how to set up the run game. They never run out of shotgun, the linebackers and safeties aren't worried about the deep middle of the field at all, and the offensive line is always dealing with injuries of some sort. I hate how they only use him in the passing game on contested swing passes around the line of scrimmage - he'd be awesome on vertical concepts like wheel routes.

Still, it's worth seeing more Dowdle, especially early jn game.

CapnAndy
Feb 27, 2004

Some teeth long for ripping, gleaming wet from black dog gums. So you keep your eyes closed at the end. You don't want to see such a mouth up close. before the bite, before its oblivion in the goring of your soft parts, the speckled lips will curl back in a whinny of excitement. You just know it.
You know what, I believe him

his rear end gonna be riding the bench before he can get it back up to 10.

MrMojok
Jan 28, 2011

Very well, I will admit that Pollard could be RB1 on a team with a system that has a legit downfield passing game and a better coach

MrMojok
Jan 28, 2011

It will be really fun to see how Chargers/Rams/Eagles poo poo on Dallas’s face over the next month

AAAAA! Real Muenster
Jul 12, 2008

My QB is also named Bort

I bet Pollard signs with the Chargers next year and does just fine.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Mana Dragon
Nov 1, 2007

Ware Smash!

MrMojok posted:

It will be really fun to see how Chargers/Rams/Eagles poo poo on Dallas’s face over the next month

they also gotta play eagles, bills, dolphins and lions in a stretch at the end of the year. and I can see those being all losses.

They don't have a whole lot of easy wins left on the schedule. Without any changes this could be a team that finishes around .500 or worse.