Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

axolotl farmer
May 17, 2007

Now I'm going to sing the Perry Mason theme

VictualSquid posted:

Lingonberries

on German wikipedia:

NO!

Yes. Lingonberry jam is excellent as a condiment for (some) savory food, like this eisaapäittee, a Finnish blood sausage.

Unorthodox, but I’ll allow it :colbert:

Thanks for reading my unrequested opinion on how to enjoy lingonberry jam.

Jag tar en vegoburgare, pomfa, och en lättöl, tack.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

KennyMan666
May 27, 2010

The Saga

Lingonsylt on blodpudding I had quite a bit in my childhood. It was very good.

VictualSquid
Feb 29, 2012

Gently enveloping the target with indiscriminate love.
When I grew up I was eating Preiselbeeren (Lingonberry) only with lamb or game meat, which was rare. It was good, and always started with my mother staring suspiciously at the half full jar she opened a year ago and then opening a new one.

By popular demand
Jul 17, 2007

IT *BZZT* WASP ME--
IT WASP ME ALL *BZZT* ALONG!

Ling on my berries.

Zero_Grade
Mar 18, 2004

Darktider 🖤🌊

~Neck Angels~

nesamdoom posted:

I was close to ok with this. But it's tuna juice and not a scoop in vodka with some mayo.
In college we came up with a shot that was half tuna juice and half vodka. We called it the Russian Harbor and it was surprisingly not bad. At no point did we even jokingly consider involving mayo.

SlothfulCobra
Mar 27, 2011

https://twitter.com/JennyENicholson/status/1688649932834807808
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=N_NpmOo7XtM

Grand Fromage
Jan 30, 2006

L-l-look at you bar-bartender, a-a pa-pathetic creature of meat and bone, un-underestimating my l-l-liver's ability to metab-meTABolize t-toxins. How can you p-poison a perfect, immortal alcohOLIC?

Data Graham posted:

I may need a hint

I've been clicking around for a while now and it seems to be mostly "<town name> Town Hall"

That's it. People are out there taking a picture of city hall in every little podunk village in Japan and posting it. It's completely pointless and I love it.

Zanael
Jan 30, 2007

Finn 3:16 says I just licorice
whipped your peppermint ass

Edgar Allen Ho posted:

That's pretty good, BK Taiwan, but I can only think of the weirdest burger ad of my life

Oh Quick you belgian monstrosity

not gonna lie, the jedi burger was pretty good, plenty of cheese
sith burger on the other hand was meh

Railing Kill
Nov 14, 2008

You are the first crack in the sheer face of god. From you it will spread.

That Egg McMuffin's voice sounds vaguely familiar. Who is that?

Railing Kill has a new favorite as of 00:12 on Oct 5, 2023

Captain Hygiene
Sep 17, 2007

You mess with the crabbo...

Just imagining the scene where an ad exec is outraged that the four McNugget sauces only support one egregious anti-Japanese stereotype and angrily demands that they fit a second one in :psyduck:

a sexual elk
May 16, 2007

Yeah should be a nug in some Lederhosen for mustard

LifeSunDeath
Jan 4, 2007

still gay rights and smoke weed every day
https://v.redd.it/lk9wbw09v7sb1/DASH_360.mp4

uber_stoat
Jan 21, 2001

Pillbug

sprayfart incoming.

Regular Wario
Mar 27, 2010

Slippery Tilde

Yeah can i get a hotdog with the foreskin on please

Railing Kill posted:

That Egg McMuffin's voice sounds vaguely familiar. Who is that?

Sounds a bit like June Foray

a sexual elk
May 16, 2007

Non Compos Mentis posted:

Yeah can i get a hotdog with the foreskin on please

The smegma costs extra

maybeadracula
Sep 9, 2022

by sebmojo
cheesedog

das hipster
Mar 7, 2005

Ah the infamous "Hogdog"

MariusLecter
Sep 5, 2009

NI MUERTE NI MIEDO

Captain Hygiene posted:

Just imagining the scene where an ad exec is outraged that the four McNugget sauces only support one egregious anti-Japanese stereotype and angrily demands that they fit a second one in :psyduck:

Okay for the sweet and sour I can see their thought process with the geisha but why a samurai for the hot mustard? Must have not had many more ideas and someone really pushed for the pair like that.

Edgar Allen Ho
Apr 3, 2017

by sebmojo

Tolerating this one bc I was pleasantly surprised when the hollow dog didn’t turn into some horrible cheese concoction that will explode lava all over your mouth/plate/clothes

AARD VARKMAN
May 17, 1993

MariusLecter posted:

Okay for the sweet and sour I can see their thought process with the geisha but why a samurai for the hot mustard? Must have not had many more ideas and someone really pushed for the pair like that.

I assume it's because both hot mustard and sweet and sour are sauces from Americanized Chinese restaurants, and "Chinese, Japanese, what's the difference" :shrug:

juggalo baby coffin
Dec 2, 2007

How would the dog wear goggles and even more than that, who makes the goggles?

i have been watching the mead (although this is more like prison wine) making journey of a guy called gothic king cobra. despite it being maybe the most basic alcohol to make, so basic that bears and chimps sometimes make it by accident, he fucks up every step. he's like the modern incarnation of that french canadian lawyer youtuber who nearly burned down his filthy house trying to cook eggs

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Dfnj-uvimOw

his videos are excessively long and soul damaging so i tend to skip thru, but highlights of this one include:

- huffing the CO2 from the balloon he had to track the fermentation
- 'sanitizing' an old hawaiian punch jug by putting water from the hot tap in it and shaking it a bit
- pouring the 'mead' from the old container into a filthy glass for some reason
- pouring from the pint glass into a sieve over the mouth of the new 'sanitized' bottle. the drastic mismatch of vessel mouth sizes means he just pours half the rotting fruit juice over the counter
- he mops up the spilled juice with the shirt he is wearing
- he repeats this process laboriously
- THEN he takes out a funnel to add sugar. like the whole thing was a conceptual joke

he's kind of the real life version of charlie from It's Always Sunny. he once made a burrito, left it to cool on the counter overnight in his filthy house, then ate it while bugs were visibly crawling on it. he livestreams and his viewers doordash him weird stuff and he's been just eating the cat food people send him to somehow own them.

Hirayuki
Mar 28, 2010

poo poo, I made a bottle of fresh (not yet fermented) mead in high school to go with our study of Beowulf. I had to track down hops and stuff at health-food stores. It turned out okay, though the teacher said she thought it might have started to ferment. Probably contributed to my good grade!

It didn't last very long after I brought it back home, though, since I really wasn't going for longevity in the first place. poo poo starting growing in the bottle, that kind of thing. :gonk:

bob dobbs is dead
Oct 8, 2017

I love peeps
Nap Ghost
the actual minimum is honey and water. for reproducible results, honey, water and yeast

No. 6
Jun 30, 2002

Mead is loving gross

Brawnfire
Jul 13, 2004

🎧Listen to Cylindricule!🎵
https://linktr.ee/Cylindricule

Only Mead I need is Syd Mead

Brawnfire
Jul 13, 2004

I guess the binders are decent too

Hirayuki
Mar 28, 2010

bob dobbs is dead posted:

the actual minimum is honey and water. for reproducible results, honey, water and yeast
My recipe (click for huge):

OwlFancier
Aug 22, 2013

anglo saxon lemons

like if you wanted flavouring you could use elderberry/flower if you wanted.

OwlFancier has a new favorite as of 18:45 on Oct 5, 2023

LifeSunDeath
Jan 4, 2007

still gay rights and smoke weed every day

juggalo baby coffin posted:

i have been watching the mead (although this is more like prison wine) making journey of a guy called gothic king cobra. despite it being maybe the most basic alcohol to make, so basic that bears and chimps sometimes make it by accident, he fucks up every step. he's like the modern incarnation of that french canadian lawyer youtuber who nearly burned down his filthy house trying to cook eggs

his videos are excessively long and soul damaging so i tend to skip thru, but highlights of this one include:

- 'sanitizing' an old hawaiian punch jug by putting water from the hot tap in it and shaking it a bit
- pouring from the pint glass into a sieve over the mouth of the new 'sanitized' bottle. the drastic mismatch of vessel mouth sizes means he just pours half the rotting fruit juice over the counter
- THEN he takes out a funnel to add sugar. like the whole thing was a conceptual joke

he's kind of the real life version of charlie from It's Always Sunny. he once made a burrito, left it to cool on the counter overnight in his filthy house, then ate it while bugs were visibly crawling on it. he livestreams and his viewers doordash him weird stuff and he's been just eating the cat food people send him to somehow own them.

Dudes rock

Brawnfire
Jul 13, 2004

Hirayuki posted:

No meadowsweet? Weak.

Edgar Allen Ho
Apr 3, 2017

by sebmojo

juggalo baby coffin posted:

Started reading that last bit as Always Sunny episodes and then realized

bob dobbs is dead
Oct 8, 2017

I love peeps
Nap Ghost

OwlFancier posted:

anglo saxon lemons

rinds prolly for the yeast

the grossness is from the congeners so if you have an activated charcoal water filter and you're willing to waste one you can filter it and itll be smoother

smoother. not smooth

Grand Fromage
Jan 30, 2006

L-l-look at you bar-bartender, a-a pa-pathetic creature of meat and bone, un-underestimating my l-l-liver's ability to metab-meTABolize t-toxins. How can you p-poison a perfect, immortal alcohOLIC?

Hirayuki posted:

You know it's legit because of the Atlas of Middle Earth font

Data Graham
Dec 28, 2009

📈📊🍪😋

smh at using the "númen" letter (n) as an m

Pookah
Aug 21, 2008

🪶Caw🪶

No. 6 posted:

Mead is loving gross

And gives you the most brutal hangovers. In my experience the only ones worse are dandelion wine, and (oh Jesus save me) port.

zedprime
Jun 9, 2007

yospos

OwlFancier posted:

anglo saxon lemons

Also hops were introduced to England in the 15th century.

The only Anglo Saxon thing in this recipe is the honey. Pretty sure they wouldn't have used a bag as much as let things settle and take off the top.

Hirayuki
Mar 28, 2010

Says right there it's a modern version of the recipe.

Mr.Radar
Nov 5, 2005

You guys aren't going to believe this, but that guy is our games teacher.

Cyril Sneer
Aug 8, 2004

Life would be simple in the forest except for Cyril Sneer. And his life would be simple except for The Raccoons.

I'd legit buy one of these, albeit primarily for the purpose of embarrassing my friends.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

stringless
Dec 28, 2005

keyboard ⌨️​ :clint: cowboy

Cyril Sneer posted:

I'd legit buy one of these, albeit primarily for the purpose of embarrassing my friends.
Yeah they'd be embarrassed to be around you I guess but you don't need to buy anything for that