Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Arven
Sep 23, 2007
The level of camps on Quarm is pretty nuts. I played the Green launch and a couple Daybreak TLPs and I've never seen anything like this. If there is a static spawn of two or more level <10 mobs, there is a group camping it. If anyone is on the fence about trying it out, I'd wait a week.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

PrinnySquad
Sep 20, 2008

It really isn't that complicated.
Daybreak shards their zones don't they? Whereas here everyone is actually stacked together all trying to grab the same Fire Beetle.

PyRosflam
Aug 11, 2007
The good, The bad, Im the one with the gun.

PrinnySquad posted:

Daybreak shards their zones don't they? Whereas here everyone is actually stacked together all trying to grab the same Fire Beetle.

Yep, they running the old code, single world, no /pick, no shards till Plane of Time.

If there was one thing the game was not built for, its population levels being so extream like they are here.

Flavahbeast
Jul 21, 2001

They've upped spawns to compensate, I tried to buy my poison spells at the shaman vendor in Innothule yesterday and could not get through the wandering kobold hunter hell. I'll bet turning in lightstones in Ro is a nightmare too

Elephunk
Dec 6, 2007

PrinnySquad posted:

P99 definitely don't shard

PrinnySquad
Sep 20, 2008

Oh yeah I don't mean to imply P99 shards, Daybreak progression servers just get HUGE amounts of traffic and it's diluted because of the sharding.

Literally Lewis Hamilton
Feb 22, 2005

Cowards. I want to see the drama that comes with your fire beetle getting ganked

PrinnySquad
Sep 20, 2008

I have reached level 4 and can move away from the people camping the gate of Nektulos. Truly the world is my oyster.

cmdrk
Jun 10, 2013
mildly amused by the day 1 mechanics abuses on PQ that has some people seriously upset.

As I understand them...
The mail quest saga: Folks ran the Felwithe->Kelethin mail route over and over. I believe NPCs were pulled to zone lines and hail-stopped to maximize efficiency. Someone got to at least level 10 or so this way in the first few hours. The mail exp was nerfed and the mobs were rooted afterwards.
The stew quest: Using the Jillin's Stew quest in Rivervale (https://wiki.project1999.com/Jillin%27s_Stew) to get large amounts (for a newbie) of money. Not sure if people did the pull + hail stop thing on this one too, but seems likely since they're both in the same zone. Secrets posted who had the most money in the game - about 250 plat presumably gathered this way.

Many cries demanding roll-backs or punishments for those who got a leg up :v:

Zodium
Jun 19, 2004

cmdrk posted:

The stew quest: Using the Jillin's Stew quest in Rivervale (https://wiki.project1999.com/Jillin%27s_Stew) to get large amounts (for a newbie) of money. Not sure if people did the pull + hail stop thing on this one too, but seems likely since they're both in the same zone. Secrets posted who had the most money in the game - about 250 plat presumably gathered this way.

i worked this out on the p99 green beta server and then they nerfed it for launch lol

DisgracelandUSA
Aug 11, 2011

Yeah, I gets down with the homies

Neriak red wine quest, though that requires some start-up capital.

Bybus Slago
Oct 31, 2005
Maybe I'm just not hip to the jive.
Don't skills level up much slower on PQ? Seems like powerleveling with quest exp could end up hurting for a while.

milkman dad
Aug 13, 2007

Bybus Slago posted:

Don't skills level up much slower on PQ? Seems like powerleveling with quest exp could end up hurting for a while.

On takp they let you macro spells - not sure on pq.

cmdrk
Jun 10, 2013

milkman dad posted:

On takp they let you macro spells - not sure on pq.

It was originally kosher (before launch) but is no longer allowed. I assume sadists bullied the devs.

Flavahbeast
Jul 21, 2001

Looks like I can afford my level 14 shaman spells on Quarm :dukedog:

DisgracelandUSA
Aug 11, 2011

Flavahbeast posted:

Looks like I can afford my level 14 shaman spells on Quarm :dukedog:

Siiiiiiiiiick

cmdrk
Jun 10, 2013
(Hope it’s ok to keep posting Quarm stuff here)

I guess there was an unplanned GM event today where CT invaded Highkeep. 4 AONs were given out to winners for various conditions met (killing blow, etc). Much salt followed after 3/4 of the prizes went to a single guild.

Now the prizes have been revoked and replaced with titles for the winners. Also from now on there will be no “dynamic” GM events.

:confuoot:

Malaria
Oct 21, 2017

Nerds crying about poo poo ruins everything.

That Little Demon
Dec 3, 2020

Malaria posted:

Nerds crying about poo poo ruins everything.

nah, the guild that got everything is the GMs pet guild lol, people rightfully called bullshit.

PrinnySquad
Sep 20, 2008

And they're still going to do special events, just announced beforehand so more people than the GM's inner circle can react and participate in time.

Meatgrinder
Jul 11, 2003

Te Occidere Possunt Sed Te Edere Non Possunt Nefas Est

That Little Demon posted:

nah, the guild that got everything is the GMs pet guild lol, people rightfully called bullshit.

The Amulet of Nepotism, truly a classic item

Zodium
Jun 19, 2004

That Little Demon posted:

extra funny because Secrets was instrumental in getting the then lead GM fired from P99 for stuff like this.

That Little Demon
Dec 3, 2020

Zodium posted:

extra funny because Secrets was instrumental in getting the then lead GM fired from P99 for stuff like this.

of course lmao

cmdrk
Jun 10, 2013
badmins gonna bad.

any secret goon spots for grinding in the teens? My crew got to 10/11ish last night, need to move on from WC soon enough I reckon.

maybe the Orcs in Kithicor would be good? We currently don't have haunted Kithicor at night in this (?sub-)era.

Telltolin
Apr 4, 2004

My druid got invited to <Friendly Druids> on P99 green. Like, not even asking me if I want to join or anything, I was afk and came back to the guild invite popup so naturally I joined

and then there was another druid wanting to buy some gear, so happens that I had it in storage
but when I ported over to commons and ran to the tunnel, I refused any payment. like >500pp :v:

Since I've got a high level toon that can easily make some cash I have developed a LOVE for giving away things for free when I'm able to. I love walking through newb yards and handing over loads of plat to newbies. find the ones that ain't twinked, the ones who likely just started the game for the first time and show them some love

I've had so many instances of people helping out me when I was a broke lowbie on P99 that passing along the favor feels nice

unrelated to that subject, I am trying to find a decent place to grind solo on my 27 druid. Aviaks are usually my go-to for this level but there aren't a lot of good animals to charm around (except when a bull elephant wanders by) and hitting and nuking things by myself is quite a bit slower, being a druid and all. i'm using a smoldering brand so my ratio is decent and I've got a proc, but still soloing them involves a lot of recovery time afterwards

I tried doing mammoth charming in everfrost but there are so few mammoths that even one other competitor for the spawns can completely lock me out, and since I like to AFK a lot I'm not too good at competing for spawns

I saw a guide say LOIO was decent for this level, any other ideas for a good druid soloing spot?

edit:

cmdrk posted:

badmins gonna bad.

any secret goon spots for grinding in the teens? My crew got to 10/11ish last night, need to move on from WC soon enough I reckon.

maybe the Orcs in Kithicor would be good? We currently don't have haunted Kithicor at night in this (?sub-)era.

If you guys are good aligned (and not KOS to qeynos paladin guild) I will recommend what I always do -- bandit sashes in west karana. Kill them bandits for some nice XP, little bit of cash and the occasional bronze wep drop
then collect bags and bags full of sashes and turn them in to the paladin guild in qeynos. Each turn in gets you xp, some cash and a bronze weapon. Six backpacks full of bronze weapons can net you 200-400pp per turn in sesh, and a goodly amount of xp. Level real fast and make some nice cash

Telltolin fucked around with this message at 18:14 on Oct 9, 2023

DisgracelandUSA
Aug 11, 2011

Telltolin posted:

I tried doing mammoth charming in everfrost but there are so few mammoths that even one other competitor for the spawns can completely lock me out, and since I like to AFK a lot I'm not too good at competing for spawns

I saw a guide say LOIO was decent for this level, any other ideas for a good druid soloing spot?

LOIO should be good, lots of animals, lots of mobs, just not a lot of money. You might be able to do stuff with ancient croc in uguk but that might be a little higher level.

Telltolin posted:

If you guys are good aligned (and not KOS to qeynos paladin guild) I will recommend what I always do -- bandit sashes in west karana. Kill them bandits for some nice XP, little bit of cash and the occasional bronze wep drop
then collect bags and bags full of sashes and turn them in to the paladin guild in qeynos. Each turn in gets you xp, some cash and a bronze weapon. Six backpacks full of bronze weapons can net you 200-400pp per turn in sesh, and a goodly amount of xp. Level real fast and make some nice cash

This or the nybright sisters are probably the best money camps at that level but the nybright sisters are a pain to secure the camp on. You can swap to crushbone but it's not really great for money until you can kill Legos, slavers and the nameds.

E: you can also start breaking into unrest at that level and make okay-ish money from poison reagent drops until you can get into MR/FP.

Befallen is another option but it's generally an unpleasant dungeon to level in, with both runners, necros that dot, necros that fear and the occasional SK HT.

DisgracelandUSA fucked around with this message at 18:40 on Oct 9, 2023

cmdrk
Jun 10, 2013
Thanks pals!

Given that Quarm has ~1600-1800 people on at prime time with a bottom-heavy population, I'm going to assume that Befallen, Nybrights and Unrest are 24/7 permacamped for the foreseeable future. Suspect similar with WK bandits, but the Raider camps in NK or bandits in EK might be accessible. I assume the other bandit camps drop the sashes. Maybe even Gorge of King Xorbb for an intermediary to EK. Hrmmm.

We ended up rolling MAG/NEC/NEC/DRU with a tentative new-to-eq player going WIZ for something easy. If y'all have any off-the-beaten-path nooks and crannies for leveling up through the 20s etc, I'd love to hear em.

A Strange Aeon
Mar 26, 2010

You are now a slimy little toad
The Great Twist
What level is OG Splitpaw? Pretty far off the beaten path

DisgracelandUSA
Aug 11, 2011

A Strange Aeon posted:

What level is OG Splitpaw? Pretty far off the beaten path

Late 20s-mid 30s. Maybe higher.

cmdrk posted:

Thanks pals!

Given that Quarm has ~1600-1800 people on at prime time with a bottom-heavy population, I'm going to assume that Befallen, Nybrights and Unrest are 24/7 permacamped for the foreseeable future. Suspect similar with WK bandits, but the Raider camps in NK or bandits in EK might be accessible. I assume the other bandit camps drop the sashes. Maybe even Gorge of King Xorbb for an intermediary to EK. Hrmmm.

There are 3 different bandit camps in WK, so you might try your luck. Worst case, you're killing zone trash waiting for one to open. Nybright and Unrest, you're dead on.

You could also go to Blackburrow, that places greens out around 17-18, and the only good drop is the -MR shoulders the commanders drop, but the gnoll teeth are probably pretty good exp.

E: alternatively, if the warrens are in, that could be a p. cool place, or willow wisps in toxxulia / karanas / qeynos foothills.

Literally Lewis Hamilton
Feb 22, 2005

Who is gonna be a bad enough dude to camp Kerra Isle

TGG
Aug 8, 2003

"I Dare."
Can't say if it's good on that server but the Erud's Crossing wisps are also fantastic if you can manage the insanity of that isle.

Flavahbeast
Jul 21, 2001

cmdrk posted:

Thanks pals!

Given that Quarm has ~1600-1800 people on at prime time with a bottom-heavy population, I'm going to assume that Befallen, Nybrights and Unrest are 24/7 permacamped for the foreseeable future.

Befallen is apparently pretty quiet according to guild chat. It's a pretty gnarly dungeon for that level though, very cramped and you need keys to escape the lower levels if you can't gate

Pillow Armadillo
Nov 15, 2005

"Beware the Jabberwock, my son!"

Literally Lewis Hamilton posted:

Who is gonna be a bad enough dude to camp Kerra Isle

Did this recently with a magician trio on p99. It was fast exp from like 8-15

PrinnySquad
Sep 20, 2008

Every time I've poked my head into Befallen the entry way is incredibly congested, trained and corpses everywhere. Not sure how it fairs once you get deeper in.

That Little Demon
Dec 3, 2020
doing stupid pulls in SolA right now on Quarm lmao

Malaria
Oct 21, 2017

Does Quarm have DZs? Or is the end game going to be like p99 with lawyerquest stuff?

That Little Demon
Dec 3, 2020

Malaria posted:

Does Quarm have DZs? Or is the end game going to be like p99 with lawyerquest stuff?

its going to be dogshit AIDS guild favoritism by the lead GM to be clear, still better than p99 so far lol

cmdrk
Jun 10, 2013

Malaria posted:

It is supposed to be a GM-enforced raid rotation like TAKP. If it works anything like TAKP then a guild can take a trial run at a target like CT, if they're successful they're added to the rotation which is literally a spreadsheet of who has what pixels this week.

It works on TAKP because there are probably 100 real players 2-boxing or 3-boxing at prime time, we'll see if it scales to Quarm. :lol: :lmao:

blatman
May 10, 2009

14 inc dont mez

i wonder how much of a coding nightmare it would be to add agents of change to this client

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Malaria
Oct 21, 2017

I made a Druid on Quarm. I don't know if I can handle this old client. I'm too used to modern TLPs. :(

Seems fun though.

edit: also this super dark mode that they have going is awful. It's like on p99 Green. The game was never this dark. It looks terrible. I can't even imagine how dumb it must be if you are a human.

Malaria fucked around with this message at 04:22 on Oct 12, 2023