Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

CLAM DOWN
Feb 13, 2007

boss

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Lpzie
Nov 20, 2006

aint easygetting good chrome ...

Centrist Committee
Aug 6, 2019

Al-Saqr posted:

hamas loving whooped israels rear end holy poo poo

it’s astonishing to watch a load bearing pillar of imperial invincibility crumble so spectacularly

Hubbert
Mar 25, 2007

At a time of universal deceit, telling the truth is a revolutionary act.

oh gently caress ...

mcrib is back

Ghost Leviathan
Mar 2, 2017

Exploration is ill-advised.
All the talk about infiltrators and fake roadblocks making me wonder how much Israel might end up tearing itself apart out of trigger happy paranoia now

fizzy
Dec 2, 2022

by Jeffrey of YOSPOS
Bad news for the vaunted prowess of the Israeli Defence Force - “We thought by yesterday we would have full control,” military spokesman Richard Hecht says. “I hope we will by the end of the day.”

[url]https://www.timesofisrael.com/liveblog_entry/forces-fighting-hamas-terrorists-in-7-8-locations-on-israeli-side-of-border-idf/[/url]

Forces fighting Hamas terrorists in 7-8 locations on Israeli side of border – IDF
By AFP and TOI STAFF
Today, 9:14 am

Fighting between Israeli forces and Hamas terrorists is ongoing in seven to eight locations around the Gaza Strip inside Israel, the army now says.

“We’re still fighting. There are between seven to eight open places around Gaza (where) we have still warriors fighting terrorists,” military spokesman Richard Hecht tells reporters.

“We thought by yesterday we would have full control,” he says. “I hope we will by the end of the day.”

paul_soccer12
Jan 5, 2020

by Fluffdaddy

Ghost Leviathan posted:

All the talk about infiltrators and fake roadblocks making me wonder how much Israel might end up tearing itself apart out of trigger happy paranoia now

:)

Pistol_Pete
Sep 15, 2007

Oven Wrangler
Crazy that Israel's flying planes over and bombing Gaza but hasn't even reached it with ground troops yet. They've really put all their military eggs into the airpower basket, haven't they.

CLAM DOWN
Feb 13, 2007

oh gently caress the mcrib!!! it's back baby!!!!

paul_soccer12
Jan 5, 2020

by Fluffdaddy

Pistol_Pete posted:

Crazy that Israel's flying planes over and bombing Gaza but hasn't even reached it with ground troops yet. They've really put all their military eggs into the airpower basket, haven't they.

It's definitely not in the infantry lol

gradenko_2000
Oct 5, 2010

HELL SERPENT
Lipstick Apathy

Ghost Leviathan posted:

Operation Greif

Smythe
Oct 12, 2003
in a shocking twist the un trusteeship council reforms as a heavily armed decolonization army to forcibly broker peace in the middle east ...

Milo and POTUS
Sep 3, 2017

I will not shut up about the Mighty Morphin Power Rangers. I talk about them all the time and work them into every conversation I have. I built a shrine in my room for the yellow one who died because sadly no one noticed because she died around 9/11. Wanna see it?

oh come on those towers were ugly as gently caress

text editor
Jan 8, 2007

Centrist Committee posted:

it’s astonishing to watch a load bearing pillar of imperial invincibility crumble so spectacularly

like watching how much western weapons were hyped up in Ukraine before being blasted and ditched by crews in fields far from both the front lines and repair depots.

just hollow memorials to a dying empire

Danann
Aug 4, 2013

Pistol_Pete posted:

good news for israel: ukraine hasn't spent all of america's bombs

bad news for ukraine: israel is going to spend all of america's bombs

CODChimera
Jan 29, 2009

Ghost Leviathan posted:

hasn't there already been several reports of IDF friendly fire?

paul_soccer12
Jan 5, 2020

by Fluffdaddy

CODChimera posted:

hasn't there already been several reports of IDF friendly fire?

Ya :)

Smythe
Oct 12, 2003
a technologically advanced but vacuous army overrun by a dedicated band of revolutionaries with nothing to lose and everything to gain. where have i seen this before? sophocles rear end conflict. stupid

Centrist Committee
Aug 6, 2019
afghanistan, ukraine, israel… never thought id see america go 0-3 in the span a single presidential administration but wonders never cease

Xaris
Jul 25, 2006

Lucky there's a family guy
Lucky there's a man who positively can do
All the things that make us
Laugh and cry

text editor posted:

like watching how much western weapons were hyped up in Ukraine before being blasted and ditched by crews in fields far from both the front lines and repair depots.

just hollow memorials to a dying empire
US (and associated police) are all about force projection and illusions to ubermensh n' wunderwaffen. its about demoralizing antagonism against the state by projecting the illusion of being omnipresent overbearing superpower

media has also spent last 3+ decades talking up the IDF ubermensch, if anything that was probably tactically one of the more important objectives by recent success that showing no, they arent ab omnipresent ubermensh full-spectrum warrior wahtever power

PhilippAchtel
May 31, 2011

The Oldest Man posted:

it's funny that people who are self-described pro palestine literally do not have the ability to conceptualize a world in which the palestinians win their own freedom with their own hands and tut tut that by not accepting their own deaths with dignity, they have doomed themselves

with friends like these

https://twitter.com/nihalist___/status/1710708745460756921?t=8Ch5isS8sDGpYHxDI3pW6Q&s=19

The comments to this post lol

Yeah, armed struggle is a nasty, brutal affair. You don't have to make excuses when the gross poo poo happens, but I would expect people on the left to be a but more cognizant of how the media narrative is being used to undermine Palestine.

People who are so easily manipulated will never be part of the solution.

Centrist Committee
Aug 6, 2019
throw in france getting pushed out of africa for the imperial collapse grand slam

Talorat
Sep 18, 2007

Hahaha! Aw come on, I can't tell you everything right away! That would make for a boring story, don't you think?
Dumb question, is Sderot a settlement?

paul_soccer12
Jan 5, 2020

by Fluffdaddy

Talorat posted:

https://twitter.com/cirnosad/status/1711268488264978546?t=R5ZAYROao5I7ZyzWeApTEg&s=19

paul_soccer12
Jan 5, 2020

by Fluffdaddy

Talorat posted:

Settlements refer to the west bank, generally, but I'm going to say yes anyway

Nix Panicus
Feb 25, 2007

Fellatio del Toro posted:

hearing widespread disturbing reports that many israelis were unable to barricade themselves inside their homes because the invaders somehow had keys

gradenko_2000
Oct 5, 2010

HELL SERPENT
Lipstick Apathy

PhilippAchtel posted:

You don't have to make excuses when the gross poo poo happens,

there's nothing to make excuses for. Israel sending settlers into occupied territory is a political, ideological act, designed to make the illegal settlements legal by fait acompli. That these people have to be shot in order to get them to leave, and for their shooting to then be used to delegitimize the liberation of the land is the entire point of putting them there.

BULBASAUR
Apr 6, 2009

Soiled Meat

that was a dark chuckle

tatankatonk
Nov 4, 2011

Pitching is the art of instilling fear.

Talorat posted:

Yes, it's a former immigrant absorption camp built near the ethnically cleansed Palestinian village of Najd

The Oldest Man
Jul 28, 2003

PhilippAchtel posted:

https://twitter.com/nihalist___/status/1710708745460756921?t=8Ch5isS8sDGpYHxDI3pW6Q&s=19

The comments to this post lol

Yeah, armed struggle is a nasty, brutal affair. You don't have to make excuses when the gross poo poo happens, but I would expect people on the left to be a but more cognizant of how the media narrative is being used to undermine Palestine.

People who are so easily manipulated will never be part of the solution.

I think it's pretty simple; most people who describe themselves as "pro palestine" imagined that "freedom" for palestine would come in the form of a pat on the head by the rules-based international order telling Israel to be nice to them for real this time, Hamas would evaporate from the timeline like in Back to the Future, and regarding the governance of the occupied territories and division of the West Bank, [scene missing]

paul_soccer12
Jan 5, 2020

by Fluffdaddy
Settlers are completely indispensable to the Israeli project of Palestinian disposession. They're practically the tip of the spear

Aka 100% legit military targets

Asproigerosis
Mar 13, 2013

insufferable
Why doesn't Iran like palestine?

Pener Kropoopkin
Jan 30, 2013

by Jeffrey of YOSPOS

(and can't post for 25 days!)

https://twitter.com/gunterfehlinger/status/1711272963868115272?s=46&t=UyfxoSAUKW7QZlR_GhkuYA

Al-Saqr
Nov 11, 2007

One Day I Will Return To Your Side.
some pro-palestine fan arts I found online:-

Al-Saqr has issued a correction as of 07:54 on Oct 24, 2023

paul_soccer12
Jan 5, 2020

by Fluffdaddy

Al-Saqr posted:

some pro-palestine fan arts I found online:-

Thats a BIG GUY

Death By The Blues
Oct 30, 2011

Asproigerosis posted:

Why doesn't Iran like palestine?

The Iranian population supports and likes Palestine just the overwhelming majority hate their government.

gradenko_2000
Oct 5, 2010

HELL SERPENT
Lipstick Apathy

quote:

Najd (Arabic: نجد) was a Palestinian Arab village, located 14 kilometers (8.7 mi) northeast of Gaza City. During the British Mandate in Palestine, children from Najd attended school in the nearby village of Simsim. On 13 May 1948, Najd was occupied by the Negev Brigade as part of Operation Barak, and the villagers were expelled.[7]

1948 War and aftermath

According to Benny Morris, the villagers of Najd were expelled by soldiers from the Negev Brigade on 12–13 May, during the 1948 Arab–Israeli War.[7]

Following the war the area was incorporated into the State of Israel and the city of Sderot was founded in 1951 on village land, a few miles to the south of the village site,[17] while Or HaNer was founded in 1957 also on village land, to the northeast.[17]

Smythe
Oct 12, 2003
really wild live footage on the AJE stream. reporter getting startled by airstrikes mid report and stuff. incredible

Al-Saqr
Nov 11, 2007

One Day I Will Return To Your Side.
Aljazeera is now reporting that Hamas has bagged even more IDF POWS today

LOL israel is in SHAMBLES

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Xaris
Jul 25, 2006

Lucky there's a family guy
Lucky there's a man who positively can do
All the things that make us