Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

achtungnight
Oct 5, 2014
I get my fun here. Enjoy!
I don’t like Gant either. Only 3 law enforcement personnel in this series I like so far. Gumshoe is our pal, Edgeworth is a worthy adversary, and Karma was a joy to take down. These others just seem caricatures more than anything else. :(

Ask Gant where the other murder occurred.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Angry_Ed
Mar 30, 2010

Grimey Drawer
Edgeworth aggressively going after Starr and Gant is probably because he's only a few months removed from nearly confessing to a murder he didn't commit and finding out his mentor killed his father and used him as a pawn in a 15-year revenge scheme.

And now he probably feels like he's being set up or at the very least being used again on top of having everything he knew about prosecution being called into question as a result of Von Karma being an unscrupulous psychopath.

Two murders at the same time, one involving his car and involving evidence he was apparently handling? It's no wonder he looks like he's about to have a stroke when the Chief of Police just cannonballs into the coutroom.

Truthkeeper
Nov 29, 2010

Friends don't let friends borrow on credit.
Gant is a disturbing character. It's not the way he acts toward others, it's not his dialogue.

It's those eyes.

SirSamVimes
Jul 21, 2008

~* Challenge *~

Truthkeeper posted:

Gant is a disturbing character. It's not the way he acts toward others, it's not his dialogue.

It's those eyes.

I really like the way he stares at the camera just long enough for it to be uncomfortable.

Zulily Zoetrope
Jun 1, 2011

Muldoon
I think the whole introduction is so well done, with the swing from the timid little "excuse me, knock knock?" from off-screen, to the stare and the heavy theme, and then back to "busy-smizzy, we should all go swimming together" and then it all coalesces into hitting Edgeworth with a fatal dose of old boy condescension.

It feels a lot shorter than the other character introductions we've had this chapter, and it's a lot stronger that way.

davidspackage
May 16, 2007

Nap Ghost

Truthkeeper posted:

It's those eyes.

Cats blink at you slowly to signal they like you, but I don't think it means the same thing for Gant.

NullBlack
Oct 29, 2011

I'm as confused as you are.

Truthkeeper posted:

It's those eyes.

why are his pupils white, is what I'd like to know. Everyone else's eyes are normal.

Staltran
Jan 3, 2013

Fallen Rib

NullBlack posted:

why are his pupils white, is what I'd like to know. Everyone else's eyes are normal.

What the gently caress I never noticed that

...cataracts?

e: You know maybe that's why he has his eyes closed most of the time if he can't really see much anyway.

achtungnight
Oct 5, 2014

davidspackage posted:

Cats blink at you slowly to signal they like you, but I don't think it means the same thing for Gant.

It’s a common trope in comics. I’d tell you what it means, but that would be spoiling. Go watch the film Unbreakable. Get enough into it and you’ll understand.

achtungnight
Oct 5, 2014

NullBlack posted:

I meant to respond to this post above. My bad.

davidspackage
May 16, 2007

Nap Ghost

achtungnight posted:

I meant to respond to this post above. My bad.

Oh Christ lol, I had no idea what you meant

Truthkeeper
Nov 29, 2010

NullBlack posted:

Oh, it's worse than that. If you look close (I know, but we do what we must, FOR SCIENCE!)...

...he has some kind of spiral shaped irises, with the white spot as the center of the spiral. No actual pupils.

He's clearly not human. No wonder he wears sunglasses indoors.

Blueberry Pancakes
Aug 18, 2012

Jack in!! MegaMan, Execute!
Aha, so he's Al Bhed.

Staltran
Jan 3, 2013

Fallen Rib

Truthkeeper posted:

Oh, it's worse than that. If you look close (I know, but we do what we must, FOR SCIENCE!)...

...he has some kind of spiral shaped irises, with the white spot as the center of the spiral. No actual pupils.

...really weird contacts maybe?

bunnyofdoom
Mar 29, 2008

I've been here the whole time, and you're not my real Dad! :emo:

Truthkeeper posted:

If you look closely everyone has them. It's the art style

Zulily Zoetrope
Jun 1, 2011

Muldoon
I don't think it's everyone, but Phoenix and Ema also have prominent iris rings. Haven't noticed the white pupils on anyone but Gant, though.

E: Goodman looks like he's got the white pupils as well, but we only have the one profile picture, and that could just be the lighting.

Zulily Zoetrope fucked around with this message at 02:26 on Oct 7, 2023

DKII
Oct 21, 2010

Part 130: Episode 5, Day 2, Trial Latter: Second Stabbing

So, tell me...

where was the victim found?

Music: Silence

Well, I can't speak on where the corpse was found.

Is that distinct from the one at Criminal Affairs that we've been in a couple of times now? Or some similar room at the similar building next door called the Police Department? If the murder took place at Criminal Affairs, maybe that's why the whole place was locked down yesterday? Either way, it looks like some kind of confrontation over SL-9 evidence took place there...

(The evidence room!?)

Sound: Light Bulb

I can't say I've heard of it.

(I guess I should ask again once I learn a bit more about this "evidence room.")

Apparently not the same room we've been in, then?

Sound: Realization

Music: Questioning - Moderato

Whichever choice we make, we end up back at the cross. We're free to repeat the previous press and explore the other options, despite the claim that we could only pick one thing. Back to pressing on the rest of the testimony...

The time of the crime? 5:15. Scary coincidence, eh?

Five... 5:15...!?

B-but that's...

Sound: Drama Pound

What!?

Funny, isn't it?

What are the chances!

Sound: Gallery

(Coincidence!?)

Sound: Desk Slam

Chief Gant, please tell us more about the incident!

It's not officially linked to this here case, so I can't talk much about it.

How can you say there's no connection!?

How? Because I'm the Chief of Police!

Sound: Clapping

Try to understand, Wrighto.

I kept cutting off that weird post-dialogue animation. I think that's the whole thing there.

Maybe there is something that ties the two murders together?

That's all the presses. Let's go back and explore the other two options for more information about the other murder.

Well, how was the detective killed?

How was he killed? Now that's the interesting part!

Sound: Stab 2

A kn-knife...?

That's the spirit! We're cooking now!

But you know...

Wh-what do you mean!?

(It seems like I'm going to have to press this a bit harder...)

Circling back to hit the last option...

So... when did the murder at the Police Department occur?

Well, my boy... You're gonna love this!

Yeah that one just leads into his line about the time of the murder. Kind of a weird one to include. Time to go back to the extremely well signposted contradiction early in the testimony.

This choice might be difficult if I hadn't spotted that the note was upside-down way earlier. So I guess I should stop bad-mouthing all the hints we got about it. Note that you don't actually have to have examined the evidence tag on the knife to be able to present the note here.

Wait a second!

Ah, at last! An honest to goodness "objection"!

What do you mean!?
Sound: Whack

Sound: Clapping x 2

Look at the tag on this knife!

It reads "SL-9 2"...

And this is important... why?

6 minus 7S... 12/2...?

Your Honor...

It's upside-down.

Upside...?

But turn it around and what do you get!?

Sound: Wipe

Music: Investigation - Core

Ah... Ah haaaaah!

Sound: Objection

Sound: Gavel

Order! Order!

Well, Chief?

Ah well.

I... win?

Ah... (What game is this guy playing!?)

All that for a simple revised line of testimony (this line actually replaces both of Gant's first two lines). I do like the more complicated crosses in this episode, though. I think we've heard about that evidence room before, too. Might as well press again!

So this knife...

was stolen?

Yes, but on the day of the murder.

Sound: Clapping x 2

It was evidence from a case long-since solved...

(So this knife was stolen on the day of the murder...)

I've given up on theories for now. We need more information.

Hard to think there isn't a connection there!

We're still in the cross, but there is one press we got told to try again later. It's later.

Specifically, this one...

So, tell me...

where was the victim found?

Well, I can't speak on where the corpse was found.

But I can say the crime took place in the evidence room at the Police Department.

(The evidence room!?)

Up until now, this press was the same as before. From here, we diverge now that we've heard about the evidence room somewhere else.

Music: Suspense

Come on, game. That line literally happened in this same update. Not even that far up in this update, just seven images ago! No one needed that flashback.

(There's the connection between the two cases!)

You seem happy, Mr. Wright!

(With the link between the two cases established, we finally have some leverage.)

(Now we can get Gant to testify about the details!)

I wasn't paying much attention to Phoenix's lines while recording here, so was a little lost at what to do next. The big hint here, is the game brings us back out to the cross, but skips ahead to the final line. We know this statement isn't true anymore, and Phoenix even explicitly tells us that the link has been established so we can make Gant testify more here. So how do we do that?

With another press, of course.

Chief...

The defense's position is simply this:

Heh, you don't say?

Well, out with it Wrighto! What's your connection?

Yes, out with it, Mr. Wright.

Music: Logic and Trick

The knife found in the lot was stolen...

I was wondering why we had to go through some elaborate speech to point out that Gant said "evidence room" twice, but I guess Edgeworth is going to pitch in and help here.

was killed in that very same evidence room!

Indeed...

You two make a good pair.

Damon Gant is unflappable so far. Oddly, that fact just makes me more suspicious of him.

Chief!

See, that's the tricky part.

It hasn't been announced yet, and all...

Really, that worked?

(What? Really!?)
Sound: Stab

Who would have guessed?

We get another revised line of testimony, this one replacing his final line about needing a link between the cases. I'm guessing we have to press again here?

Ah, well, case information is sticky stuff. You have to do everything properly.

Three more choices here. Too soon for a break; I'll just go top-to-bottom here. Knowing where the victim worked seems most immediately useful.

Okay, well...

What division was the victim stationed in?

Oh? You want to know that, do you? Do you? Ah hah...

Rough day for that squad. Gumshoe eliminating some competition for that next bonus...?

(Homicide... that would be the same division as Detective Gumshoe!)

It's almost like a serial killer was after homicide detectives...

It's a simul-killer!

Well, I sure hope Detective Gumshoe isn't next on the list...

We're brought out of the cross, forced through the end-of-testimony scene again, and have to scroll all the way back over to the new last line of testimony, press again, and finally get back to this prompt. Since the first option didn't get us anywhere, and the second option looks more promising, I'll get the joke option out of the way now.

Okay...

how about the gender of the victim!

You want to know that!? Um... Hmm... Okay, a hint.

Non-binary wasn't really an acknowledged thing back then I guess.

Ah hah!

He was a guy!

What did I tell you! The boy's sharp!

S-sorry, Your Honor.

(Hey, tell that to the Chief of Police!)

Same long loop back to what I hope is a more rewarding piece of information.

Okay... How about you tell me

the victim's ID number?

Of course not.

You won't tell me their name, after all.

We keep a tight lid on ID numbers, so don't go getting your hopes up.

...Thanks?

Well! That's quite...

long!

And we have to remember these! It drives me nuts!

(You didn't even get the first number right!)

Well, Mr. Wright? Does this tell you anything?

I would call this selection, 50% hope and 50% bluff.

Actually, it does, Your Honor.

It does...!

I think!

Meaning?

This one's going to be good.

quote:

We are punished with more wasted time by backing off on this one:

Absolutely nothing, Your Honor.

Ah... well, yes.

First of all, it was too long! I've forgotten it already!

S-sorry!

I mean, why are you getting mad at me!?

I didn't come up with those numbers...
Sound: Damage 2

Not a penalty there, just regular old conversational damage.

Hmm... 5842189...

We are brought back to the cross, the same as if we'd asked about the victim's division or gender instead. And have to go all the way back the long way.

Well, let's hear what the defense has to say.

tells you something? What does it tell you?

This one's easy if you've looked at the Court Record at all. I, of course, am not going to show you that. Can you figure it out anyway?

Zulily Zoetrope
Jun 1, 2011

Muldoon

DKII posted:

I kept cutting off that weird post-dialogue animation. I think that's the whole thing there.

It's not weird, it's his "thinking" animation. Like how Phoenix rubs his chin, Edgey taps his finger, von Karma squeezes his shoulder, Maya rests her cheek on her palm, Ema taps her pen, Marshall shaves his infinite stubble, et cetera, Gant is tugging at his forelock which just happens to look like a thunderbolt. You know, a gentle repetitive tactile movement to help you focus.

Zulily Zoetrope fucked around with this message at 03:19 on Oct 7, 2023

DKII
Oct 21, 2010

Zulily Zoetrope posted:

It's not weird, it's his "thinking" animation. Like how Phoenix rubs his chin, Edgey taps his finger, von Karma squeezes his shoulder, Maya rests her cheek on her palm, Ema taps her pen, Marshall shaves his infinite stubble, et cetera, Gant is tugging at his forelock which just happens to look like a thunderbolt. You know, a gentle repetitive tactile movement to help you focus.

Well it's weird that it lasts so long before finally looping about 20 seconds later. :xd:

Then again that's about in line with his blinking stare...

FoolyCharged
Oct 11, 2012

Cheating at a raffle? I sentence you to 1 year in jail! No! Two years! Three! Four! Five years! Ah! Ah! Ah! Ah!
Somebody call for an ant?

5842189?! That's the ID number on our attorney's badge! Were we murdered?

Blueberry Pancakes
Aug 18, 2012

I mean... there's a non-zero possibility.

Samovar
Jun 4, 2011

I'm 😤 not a 🦸🏻‍♂️hero...🧜🏻

FoolyCharged posted:

Now that's an apropos avatar for this thread.

...!
Oct 5, 2003

I SHOULD KEEP MY DUMB MOUTH SHUT INSTEAD OF SPEWING HORSESHIT ABOUT THE ORBITAL MECHANICS OF THE JAMES WEBB SPACE TELESCOPE.

CAN SOMEONE PLEASE TELL ME WHAT A LAGRANGE POINT IS?

FoolyCharged posted:

Truthkeeper
Nov 29, 2010

Zulily Zoetrope posted:

Marshall shaves his infinite stubble

I've finally come up with an explanation for this one - Japanifornian knife laws are so strict, Marshall's knife obviously can't be real! It's made of plastic!

Commander Keene
Dec 21, 2016

Faster than the others

And the plastic is so soft that Marshall's stubble is shaving bits off of it!

Carbon dioxide
Oct 9, 2012

Wouldn't that make it a parallel killing?

Gosts
Jan 15, 2016

parallel killing... and the body was found in a car that was parallel parked! i've got it figured out!

no, wait, it's not parallel parking, is it?

you know, i've never really understood the term 'parallel parking'. if all of the cars are facing the same direction, they're parallel to each other. doesn't matter if they're front-to-back or side-to-side, as long as they're facing the same way. even diagonal! diagonal parking is my favorite kind.

GilliamYaeger
Jan 10, 2012

Call Gespenst!

Gosts posted:

you know, i've never really understood the term 'parallel parking'. if all of the cars are facing the same direction, they're parallel to each other. doesn't matter if they're front-to-back or side-to-side, as long as they're facing the same way. even diagonal! diagonal parking is my favorite kind.

You're parking parallel to the road.

...!
Oct 5, 2003

I SHOULD KEEP MY DUMB MOUTH SHUT INSTEAD OF SPEWING HORSESHIT ABOUT THE ORBITAL MECHANICS OF THE JAMES WEBB SPACE TELESCOPE.

CAN SOMEONE PLEASE TELL ME WHAT A LAGRANGE POINT IS?
Parallel parking can kiss my rear end :colbert:

Gosts
Jan 15, 2016

GilliamYaeger posted:

You're parking parallel to the road.

gently caress

Mainwaring
Jun 22, 2007

Disco is not dead! Disco is LIFE!

These two lines of enquiry could potentially go on forever without us ever being able to connect them :(

achtungnight
Oct 5, 2014
Phoenix should check Goodman’s ID card. That number looks familiar.

I think I have the plot figured out. Goodman and his evil twin Badguy were murdered on the same day at the same location. One in the parking lot, one in the evidence room. Now we just need to find Badguy’s body and the probable killer, their triplet Neutralboy!

DKII
Oct 21, 2010

Part 131: Episode 5, Day 2, Trial Latter: Prosecutor Penalty

Did you see it? The number on the ID is the same as what Gant told us about his victim! Meaning... both murders have the same victim!?

Here's what I think is happening here - Gant said he couldn't speak to where the body was found. That's because they never found the body! All they found was a large pool of blood, they figured out it belonged to Goodman, and that from that amount of blood loss he must've died from whatever wound he took. Or maybe they actually got a witness or photo/video of him getting stabbed there? Either way, he somehow got transported from there to the Prosecutor's Office, where he was later found. And the detectives were so busy investigating their own crime scene, and outsourcing the other crime scene to Officer Jake Marshall, that no one realized that both crimes had the same victim?

Witness!

What is it, Mr. Wright!?

No, I... it's just,

I got confused...

And this is news?

Huh?

I think Phoenix is confused by the implications of his discovery.

Luckily Edgeworth is here to help us out?

(Two places, two detectives murdered... at one time.)

Oh hoh!

Is it yours?

This is the ID number of our victim, Detective Goodman.

quote:

Nothing else works here, obviously:

The ID number tells me... this!

My dear boy, you shouldn't believe everything ID numbers tell you.

Well...

Maybe I misheard. You know?

Mr. Wright...

The court respectfully requests that

you clean out your ears and pay attention!

Direct damage to the health bar on that one!

(Give me some straightforward information for a change and then we'll talk!)

quote:

The previous line was originally: "(And I'd like to request some straightforward information for once!)" The new line is less confrontational, fitting the scene a little better in my opinion.

Mr. Wright! Don't listen to them! Look at the Court Record, scientifically!

Good advice. Unfortunately, here we are brutally punished not only by taking a penalty, but by getting kicked all the way back to the end of the cross. Luckily I saved you all that rework.

And...?

This means... what, exactly?

Huh?

That started with "82..."

Hmm. I've forgotten.

quote:

This line from Phoenix was originally: "(You even got the first number wrong!)" It kind of misses the entire joke of repeating the same line as before, doesn't it?

Mean? That's what I want to know!

The two ID numbers are identical!

In other words...

Oh! Ho ho ho, sharp as a tack, Wrighto! Sharp as a tack!

:golfclap: Well played on the double-stab effect for the double-stabbing victim.

Yet, a Detective Bruce Goodman was also killed at the Police Department...

Music: Telling the Truth

Th-that's impossible!

So, what we're saying is...

The same person was killed at the same time!?

Sound: Drama Pound + Objection

Yeah you go ahead and discuss this one, gallery crowd. I'm still not sure exactly what it means. Even if Goodman was killed elsewhere, and transported in Edgeworth's trunk... why did Lana go there and open it?

Sound: Gavel x 3

Order! Order! Order!

Chief! What does this mean!?

Suddenly I think I know what was in that report that Edgeworth refused to look at yesterday.

Now, just wait a second, Worthy. No need to get all flustered.

Wait.

Well that's a more sinister-looking image.

Or didn't you hear me?

...!

Mr. Edgeworth...

They're yours.

We informed you yesterday.

O-Officer... Meekins?

Mr. Wright!

Where have we heard that name before?

Wait... Ah hah!

Erm...!

Sound: Door Opens
Sound: Thud 2

Excuse me! But is Mr. Edgeworth, uh... anywhere on the premises?

I'd forgotten that the report came straight from the chief.

Question: Did Gant send Meekins with the report, knowing that the ridiculous officer would be more likely to get ignored by Edgeworth? This entire episode still seems like a giant trap for Edgeworth somehow.

According to Meekins, you didn't accept the report.

Hard to believe.

B-but your officer, he told me!

Mr. Edgeworth. The victim's name is written right on the top of the report.

Gaaaaaaah!

Wh-why didn't your officer tell me!?

I still blame Meekins for all this.

Probably exactly why Gant sent him.

He did seem... challenged.

Edgeworth's agression in dealing with Gant keeps backfiring on him.

So let's double-down on it!

B-But, sir!!!

And here comes some made-up bullshit about another rule of evidence...

Then, I...

Music: Investigation - Core

What!?

Now what was the second rule of evidence law, hmm?

Well, Mr. Wright?

Huh? Oh, well, it's, uh...

And how is this rule relevant!?

This report

wasn't on that list...

So...

What does this mean?

Yeah, that's bullshit. The header of the report containing our victim's name immediately makes it relevant. But I guess the important part is that Gant can justify withholding it and making Edgeworth look dumb about it?

...!!

The connection was just proven by Wrighto over here.

Good job, Wrighto, my boy!

No...

I guess that was Edgeworth taking a penalty. I wonder if he'll react as badly as Karma did.

The judge is silently contemplating the implications of having the same victim in two different murders.

Music: Trial

It seems...

we have come to the end of this trial.

You were even in the defendant's chair just this past December...!

quote:

The original version of the last two lines...doesn't make any sense: "You are becoming a thorn in my side, Worthy... There've been rumors... After all, you were in the defendant's chair just last year...!" I didn't go back and check the original script for every other episode, but it does seem like this episode originally had a lot of awkward or mis-toned lines. A rushed translation originally, maybe?

...!

M-Mr. Edgeworth!

Please... Just give me one day.

You'd better get results this time. Really.

You have my profound apologies. Sir.

quote:

Original line: "I'm sorry! I'm so sorry!" Doesn't sound like Edgeworth at all...

Poor Mr. Edgeworth...

I will grant one further day as the prosecution has requested.

Will that be sufficient, Mr. Edgeworth?

Yes, Your Honor. Thank you.

Very well! Court is adjourned!

No interlude in the lobby this time I guess.

Music: Jingle - It Can't End Here

Not sure it was necessary to break up this trial day into two segments for just the one testimony from Gant, but I imagine these segments will get a lot longer and more complicated on the other trial days. I look forward to seeing how the game manages to twist everything around to point back to Lana Skye still being the killer!

Blueberry Pancakes
Aug 18, 2012

Gant 100% dragged that whole thing out just to put egg on Edgeworth's face in public.

Zulily Zoetrope
Jun 1, 2011

Muldoon
the evidence rules sure come off as a bunch of post hoc rationalization, and it is still crazy that discovery seemingly just is not a thing, but on the other hand, I feel like we've been observing them all game?

Like, you can't just introduce things like the Vasquez/Powers photo or the DL-6 file as soon as you walk into the courtroom, even if you might have a good theory about why they'd matter; you have to wait until a witness says something they contradict, or the judge asks you to substantiate a statement you've made, and only then do you get to introduce it.

I don't think we've seen anything to contradict them, at least. Edgeworth makes an opening statement and introduces all the pre-approved evidence, you don't get to do either, and Gant exploited that to introduce some evidence that should have been pre-approved, but wasn't, by letting Phoenix introduce Goodman's ID as corroborating evidence, thus opening him up to speaking freely about the other Goodman murder.

I at least read it as clarifying an unspoken rule more as freshly introduced bullshit.

Samovar
Jun 4, 2011

I'm 😤 not a 🦸🏻‍♂️hero...🧜🏻

As silly and as melodramatic as this whole series is, it's moments like this which make it strangely engaging to me - it's very 'political machinations'.

DKII
Oct 21, 2010

Zulily Zoetrope posted:

Like, you can't just introduce things like the Vasquez/Powers photo or the DL-6 file as soon as you walk into the courtroom, even if you might have a good theory about why they'd matter; you have to wait until a witness says something they contradict, or the judge asks you to substantiate a statement you've made, and only then do you get to introduce it.

Yeah Rule 2 is at least a little more consistent with the actual gameplay we've had so far. I still find it to be kind of lazy writing I guess? I dunno, just rubbed me the wrong way still. I feel better about it interpreting it more as Gant hiding behind the rule rather than the rule strictly forcing him to have not submitted the report earlier during the trial.

FoolyCharged
Oct 11, 2012

Cheating at a raffle? I sentence you to 1 year in jail! No! Two years! Three! Four! Five years! Ah! Ah! Ah! Ah!
Somebody call for an ant?

Gant is absolutely weaponizing the rule here. As pointed out, they knew of and established the connection and went so far as to put the victim's name in their report to Edgeworth. There was nothing stopping Gant from making that connection directly in his testimony and thus making it legal. Instead he ran Phoenix on that little circus to deliberately throw Edgeworth under the bus again

Staltran
Jan 3, 2013

Fallen Rib
Not only could he have immediately established the connection during his testimony, he could have just called Edgeworth before the trial and told him, hey, that moron I sent to you actually had some critical information for you, I'm sending Gumshoe to drop off the file to you again, actually read it this time. Or, as mentioned earlier, not sent Jenkins of all people to deliver it in the first place. They kicked a bunch of detectives out of criminal affairs—basically everyone except the top ranks, I think?—they could easily have sent someone with a brain to deliver it. And trusting an important file to Jenkins would be silly even in normal circumstances.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Zulily Zoetrope
Jun 1, 2011

Muldoon
Oh yeah Gant is totally being a dick about it and could easily have skipped the whole clown show if that's what he wanted to do, all I'm saying is that it is actually consistent with how the cases have worked so far.