Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.
(Thread IKs: harrygomm, Astryl)

Mustached Demon
Nov 12, 2016

pseudanonymous posted:

I guess I should just ignore my TB rogue and only care about seasonal.

Here we go this is how you Diablo in 2023.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Tonetta
Jul 9, 2013

look mother look at ME MOTHER MOTHER I AM A HOMESTIXK NOW

**methodically removes and eats own clothes*

Mustached Demon posted:

Here we go this is how you arpg in any year

harrygomm
Oct 19, 2004

can u run n jump?

Herstory Begins Now posted:

spice or pizzazz or juice sort of? from the pool term where it's spin that you put on the ball that causes the ball to behave in a way that you would not expect from the apparent physics. basically there's more going on than what you can see just looking at it

yeah it’s this. i don’t really know where i picked it up, but i didn’t even know it was a pool thing

EC posted:

I'm guessing from context that it's a certain "je ne sais quoi" or a hard to define quality that makes something unique/special. I've never seen "English" used like that, but I guess if squint you could see it being pulled from the way you add English to a pool ball to make it go in a specific direction? Idk.

I do know that all of this is making me want to finally play D2R, but all of my Diablo playing is mandatory co-op with my wife (we played OG D2 back when we were dating) and playing D2R co-op is much more difficult than playing D4 co-op rn.

it’s really good. and maybe since you’ve both played it before this wouldn’t happen, but in the same vein as me saying before post the best bag clearing vids u got, i had to teach my brothers how not to spend like 50% of their play time in town debating whether or not some blue with 5 more armor was worth using.

Sierra Nevadan
Nov 1, 2010

Elon is live

Tonetta
Jul 9, 2013

No1curr

E: gently caress off

Tonetta fucked around with this message at 09:02 on Oct 7, 2023

EC
Jul 10, 2001

The Legend
I'm having a hard time understanding something: if I want to do NMDs for the explicit purpose of getting to 100, there's no point going about 45-50 right? It seems like the XP bonus to killing stuff higher than you caps out at ten levels, and if I'm 95 now that would be that 45-50 range for monsters.

We've been pushing into the 60s just because it was fun but with a stressful work week ahead and the season finishing soon we want to zoom to 100.

Doomykins
Jun 28, 2008

Didn't you mean to ask about flowers?
Right, +10 is the sweet spot for grinding XP. You can go higher if you don't endanger your life or lose a lot of speed for small gains in loot and XP(at this point practically non-existant) and for a real reward +1 Paragon Glyph XP per NMD level.

harrygomm
Oct 19, 2004

can u run n jump?
after looking at the powers i think there’s gonna be a good chance that a basic skill build will be viable if not crazy. LL bulwark druid w/crone staff for claw, if LL doesn’t get nerfed in patch notes, could be a blast. frenzy barb, arc lash sorc.

thread favorite channeling builds like storm druid could also be even crazier. an evade focused oculus using sorc could also be really silly

i really want to roll a rogue to cap to finish out my collection but im not seeing many powers that look super interesting for them

kaxman
Jan 15, 2003
Haven't seen how the powers play but just from reading them I'd point out that rogues use basic attack, have an easy time dotting things up, and have an ult that I remember being like...just this side of actually good, so I see some things that look like they could be fun. I'm still not clear how you actually slot these powers or what combos you can achieve

Mustached Demon
Nov 12, 2016

harrygomm posted:

after looking at the powers i think there’s gonna be a good chance that a basic skill build will be viable if not crazy. LL bulwark druid w/crone staff for claw, if LL doesn’t get nerfed in patch notes, could be a blast. frenzy barb, arc lash sorc.

thread favorite channeling builds like storm druid could also be even crazier. an evade focused oculus using sorc could also be really silly

i really want to roll a rogue to cap to finish out my collection but im not seeing many powers that look super interesting for them

Spin the class wheel, free yourself from choice.

harrygomm
Oct 19, 2004

can u run n jump?
rogue is the last class i haven’t played to 100 so i wanna see end game with one. basics and ults didn’t seem like primary damage sources the little i did play one, but who knows what balance changes will be

i’ll probably do the wheel after that though

EC
Jul 10, 2001

The Legend
Just checking in to say the grind from 95 to 100 is sloooooow but at least at this point every paragon point is super meaningful.

Rexicon1
Oct 9, 2007

A Shameful Path Led You Here

EC posted:

Just checking in to say the grind from 95 to 100 is sloooooow but at least at this point every paragon point is super meaningful.

Nice try trickster, none of these points are meaningful because deablo 4 bad game

harrygomm
Oct 19, 2004

can u run n jump?
been doing a lot more legion events to try to get some Horse Armor and boy do a lot of people not have good damage. from mid 70s to now mid 80s i’ve regularly been clearing single target stuff faster with my aoe focused wolf than the level 90s im seeing at these things.

maybe it speaks to how late in the season it is, or the type of person who would go to a legion event in their 90s, or that it’s SC and getting to 100 can be inevitable with time investment but man i’d hate to play the game if i went as slow as they were all the way to cap

Tokubetsu
Dec 18, 2007

Love Is Not Enough

harrygomm posted:

been doing a lot more legion events to try to get some Horse Armor and boy do a lot of people not have good damage. from mid 70s to now mid 80s i’ve regularly been clearing single target stuff faster with my aoe focused wolf than the level 90s im seeing at these things.

maybe it speaks to how late in the season it is, or the type of person who would go to a legion event in their 90s, or that it’s SC and getting to 100 can be inevitable with time investment but man i’d hate to play the game if i went as slow as they were all the way to cap

My theory is a lot of ppl (normies who aren't on internet forums) don't realize how much power glyphs and paragon boards give you and aren't doing NMDs like that.

bamhand
Apr 15, 2010
Yeah it's probably self selecting for people who don't understand what's worth doing and what's not in the game.

harrygomm
Oct 19, 2004

can u run n jump?
it’s me, the person who can’t select for diablo 4 being a bad game

Tonetta
Jul 9, 2013

Tokubetsu posted:

My theory is a lot of ppl (normies who aren't on internet forums) don't realize how much power glyphs and paragon boards give you and aren't doing NMDs like that.

nightmare dungeons are the only real way to level after wt2 (at least up to season 2, we will see) so even if they aren't privy to the glyph system, they're probably in there anyways

Tarnop
Nov 25, 2013

Pull me out

What are people hoping for as far as class changes in this next stream? It's been a while since I've played and I'm hazy on what's bad. Barbarian needs help still I guess?

Mayveena
Dec 27, 2006

People keep vandalizing my ID photo; I've lodged a complaint with HR
I just hope they leave druids in good shape.

Substandard
Oct 16, 2007

3rd street for life
D2R is fine, but IMHO it sucks solo.

The people that are into it are used to getting powerleveled to max and a ton of gifted gear. You don't feel particularly powerful solo, and its not great until about halfway through the third time through the content.

Tonetta
Jul 9, 2013

the struggle is part of why many find d2 good, gamer

Jezza of OZPOS
Mar 21, 2018

GET LOSE❌🗺️, YOUS CAN'T COMPARE😤 WITH ME 💪POWERS🇦🇺
the final difficulty of d2 feels like a struggle and the post game farming and levelling feels utterly pointless but the first two runs through the game are head and shoulders above what any other diablo game could dream of. i might jump back into d2r soon if a new season has started, but i doubt ill be very seriously trying to do anything except have fun beating the first two difficulties and then seeing how far i get in the third before i crack the shits. is it still limited respecs until you can farm final difficulty bosses?

as for season 2 of d4 i hope druids are still good bc i havent really played one yet and it looks fun, i played bone spear necro preseason, rogue in season 1 and then an infimist necro once i decided rogue wasnt really clicking for me

SHISHKABOB
Nov 30, 2012

Fun Shoe

Tarnop posted:

What are people hoping for as far as class changes in this next stream? It's been a while since I've played and I'm hazy on what's bad. Barbarian needs help still I guess?

Skeletons need to do 9,000% more damage

Jezza of OZPOS
Mar 21, 2018

GET LOSE❌🗺️, YOUS CAN'T COMPARE😤 WITH ME 💪POWERS🇦🇺
skeletons should have better sound effects of rattling bones when you summon them and when they die and also they should say things like 'looks like bones are back on the menu boys'

Tarnop
Nov 25, 2013

Pull me out

SHISHKABOB posted:

Skeletons need to do 9,000% more damage

It's going to be really sad going back to summoning them manually

Mustached Demon
Nov 12, 2016

Tarnop posted:

Barbarians fine as long as being a vampire plays anywhere near as nice as the barber heart does.

Just buff up some of the lesser used builds I guess, across the board for all classes.

exquisite tea
Apr 21, 2007

Carly shook her glass, willing the ice to melt. "You still haven't told me what the mission is."

She leaned forward. "We are going to assassinate the bad men of Hollywood."

Does anyone actually struggle through D2 anymore? Even if you're playing hardcore solo, D2 has been a solved game for like 20 years. There is a set pathway through some very powerful early game runewords that will completely carry you through to Hell difficulty, and as long as you're willing to burn a respec and know how immunities work, then Hell is pretty drat easy, too. D2 has not been anything resembling a challenge to me since I was an idiot teenager in 2003, whereas now I am slightly less of an idiot who knows how to run normal cows until I find a runeword base for Spirit.

Ehud
Sep 19, 2003

football.

Tarnop posted:

Buff all the bad builds and don’t nerf anything.

EC
Jul 10, 2001

The Legend
In general I want to see flashier effects for skills, especially when combined with aspects/uniques that change them up.

Bisse
Jun 26, 2005

exquisite tea posted:

Does anyone actually struggle through D2 anymore? Even if you're playing hardcore solo, D2 has been a solved game for like 20 years. There is a set pathway through some very powerful early game runewords that will completely carry you through to Hell difficulty, and as long as you're willing to burn a respec and know how immunities work, then Hell is pretty drat easy, too. D2 has not been anything resembling a challenge to me since I was an idiot teenager in 2003, whereas now I am slightly less of an idiot who knows how to run normal cows until I find a runeword base for Spirit.
I, for one, do not read minmaxxed strategies from fan wikis or spend hours watching speedruns or whatever, so yes, I sweat a bit playing D2 sometimes and probably take the dumb bonehead casual softcore path running bad diaper gear for babies and possibly the worst skills.

What I like about D2 is:
- Actually dying quite a bit
- Needing to think a bit about my build and being able to make really bad build choices that take planning to fix
- It feels like things get harder, not just all the numbers are going up, and levelling up feels line it makes more of a difference (things dont all autoscale by player level i think) as does better gear choices.
- Revisiting previously hard areas after 20 more levels and melting eveything is fun!!
- Enemies in general are just scarier and harder to run from.

Bisse fucked around with this message at 13:07 on Oct 9, 2023

hawowanlawow
Jul 27, 2009

Substandard posted:

D2R is fine, but IMHO it sucks solo.

The people that are into it are used to getting powerleveled to max and a ton of gifted gear. You don't feel particularly powerful solo, and its not great until about halfway through the third time through the content.

complete nonsense

External Organs
Mar 3, 2006

One time i prank called a bear buildin workshop and said I wanted my mamaws ashes put in a teddy from where she loved them things so well... The woman on the phone did not skip a beat. She just said, "Brang her on down here. We've did it before."
D2r - I really enjoyed the insanity of the open areas in act 5 with those little teleporting caster assholes blasting fireballs everywhere. It really feels like you're in the middle of a giant invasion.

Phanatic
Mar 13, 2007

Please don't forget that I am an extremely racist idiot who also has terrible opinions about the Culture series.

Bisse posted:

I, for one, do not read minmaxxed strategies from fan wikis or spend hours watching speedruns or whatever, so yes, I sweat a bit playing D2 sometimes and probably take the dumb bonehead casual softcore path running bad diaper gear for babies and possibly the worst skills.

What I like about D2 is:
- Actually dying quite a bit

And I think that when you die in D2 it's usually because you hosed up. You overextended yourself a bit, got surrounded and burned down after you ran out of rejuv pots, and if you had been a bit more careful or skillful you wouldn't have died. Not because a corpse bow sniped you from offscreen or you got CCed to death (Duriel excepted).

Leon Trotsky 2012
Aug 27, 2009

YOU CAN TRUST ME!*

*Israeli Government-affiliated poster
They upped the amount of rewards for the free and paid battlepass for season 2.

Free:

quote:

20x Smoldering Ashes
5x Armor Reansmogs
5x Weapon Transmogs
1x Mount Trophy
2x Title (prefix and suffix)
1x Town Portal Cosmetic

Premium:

quote:

All Free Battle Pass Rewards (listed above)
10x Armor Transmogs (2 sets of armor for each class)
+19x Weapon Transmogs
2x Headstones
10x Emotes (2 for each class)
2x Mounts
2x Mount Armors
+5x Mount Trophies
2x Titles (2x prefix and suffix)
700 Platinum (spread across 11 reward tiers)
+2x Town Portal Cosmetics (3 different total)

Field Mousepad
Mar 21, 2010
BAE
Do any of the mods look good is the question

Leon Trotsky 2012
Aug 27, 2009

YOU CAN TRUST ME!*

Field Mousepad posted:

Do any of the mods look good is the question

Only some of them are public. Here's what they have so far:

Doomykins
Jun 28, 2008

Didn't you mean to ask about flowers?
Getting rushed in D2 was about half my jam across trying dozens of characters and only to act 5 to hit level 30 and be functional for builds centered around late game abilitie. The other half was the tattooed into my eyeballs visions of marathoning efficiently through act 1 and 2, trying to get 3 over with, then cutting my teeth on act 4 for the grand reward: the blessed flow and leveling of act 5, during which even the quickest character will hit level 30 and get their big build defining ability.

If you got even a little bit of early game gear you excitedly passed it to an alt and did those first two acts loving juiced and it ruled. It was not hard to feel powerful in D2 as early as levels 5-10, even without the hand me down uniques. One good early drop could do it and some abilities were all stars from skill point one.

D2 always holds up, hth.

Mr. Pickles
Mar 19, 2014

Phanatic posted:

And I think that when you die in D2 it's usually because you hosed up.

Holy gently caress this, so much this.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Leon Trotsky 2012
Aug 27, 2009

YOU CAN TRUST ME!*

Phanatic posted:

And I think that when you die in D2 it's usually because you hosed up. You overextended yourself a bit, got surrounded and burned down after you ran out of rejuv pots, and if you had been a bit more careful or skillful you wouldn't have died. Not because a corpse bow sniped you from offscreen or you got CCed to death (Duriel excepted).

Or because you ran into a Frost/Lightning/Fire immune elite pack as a sorc.