Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

speng31b
May 8, 2010

HallelujahLee posted:

whoever said israel is acting like an insane nutjob was right bombing lebanon proper is a big nono

They are going to escalate massively and drag the US into direct intervention I guess

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Nonsense
Jan 26, 2007

These Hamas were no angels

HallelujahLee
May 3, 2009
Probation
Can't post for 2 hours!

speng31b posted:

They are going to escalate massively and drag the US into direct intervention I guess

also my guess and also entirely insane

Al!
Apr 2, 2010

:coolspot::coolspot::coolspot::coolspot::coolspot:
i'd like to maybe suggest that israel dropping white phosphorus on hospitals as recently as last night kind of eliminates them from the high moral ground rankings

ELTON JOHN
Feb 17, 2014

bonor

Al-Saqr
Nov 11, 2007

One Day I Will Return To Your Side.
Aljazeera reporting that Israel has bombed a specifically Hezbollah surveillance outpost in southern lebanon, there is also video of gunfights happening.

Hammerstein
May 6, 2005

YOU DON'T KNOW A DAMN THING ABOUT RACING !

Nix Panicus posted:

Id feel bad for the ravers if they werent literally set up at the edge of Gaza for a lurid thrill. Its like when someone sits down next to a bear on some talk show and the bear decides that today is the day and just mauls the poo poo out of them. Its tragic, yeah, but maybe have some caution and respect?

Also its not like Israel has ever shown restraint around civilians, before or after, so gently caress em. Everyone who has ever served in the IDF and every settler are vital components of the Israeli regime of oppression and occupation and are valid targets.

It is tragic, but it also shows how detached and how blind the average Israeli citizen has become to the suffering of the people of Palestine, when they think that it's a good idea to go to a rave in an occupation zone, outside the walls of the world's biggest open-air prison. While on the other side of the barbed wire there are 2 million people, penned up under some of the most inhumance conditions possible.

Would I feel sorry for German concert-goers, if they had become victims while attending a performance outside the Warsaw ghetto on the day of the uprising in 1944? Probably not.

In an ideal world the US would have long stopped funding an apartheid state and then we might have 2 nations and peace. Unfortunately we live in the worst possible future.

Hammerstein has issued a correction as of 14:46 on Oct 9, 2023

Spaced God
Feb 8, 2014

All torment, trouble, wonder and amazement
Inhabits here: some heavenly power guide us
Out of this fearful country!

Al! posted:

i'd like to maybe suggest that israel dropping white phosphorus on hospitals as recently as last night kind of eliminates them from the high moral ground rankings

That's American Ally and host of multiple nypd precincts Israel to you

Sherbert Hoover
Dec 12, 2019

Working hard, thank you!

Good Soldier Svejk posted:

Why in God's name would they instigate

they are insanely arrogant and know that the entire western world will back them up

F Stop Fitzgerald
Dec 12, 2010

HallelujahLee posted:

oh no not the moral high ground

Hamas hosed up and lost the sympathy of the europig and fat burger settlers, which is bad because we have the most important opinions

Al-Saqr
Nov 11, 2007

speng31b posted:

I think the US is pushing Israel into a ground invasion of Gaza because they are pissed off that Hamas ruined their normalization plans, and want hamas taken off the table so the saudis fall back in line.

ladd
Aug 14, 2004

Nix Panicus posted:

Id feel bad for the ravers if they werent literally set up at the edge of Gaza for a lurid thrill. Its like when someone sits down next to a bear on some talk show and the bear decides that today is the day and just mauls the poo poo out of them. Its tragic, yeah, but maybe have some caution and respect?

Also its not like Israel has ever shown restraint around civilians, before or after, so gently caress em. Everyone who has ever served in the IDF and every settler are vital components of the Israeli regime of oppression and occupation and are valid targets.

I do feel bad about this event since when I was In Goa in 2007 I did meet a couple of Israelis who decided to skip enlistment into the IDF, and thought it was more ethical to do drugs, rave, and sleep with backpackers than join a genocidal defense force.

As you said, I do feel it would have been more appropriate if these youngsters did the same as the people I met in 2007, or at the very least go to “a rave for peace” in another country where there is a small possibility you actually partying with people who you want peace with.

Mantis42
Jul 26, 2010

Give em hell, Hezbollah

HallelujahLee
May 3, 2009
Probation
Can't post for 2 hours!

F Stop Fitzgerald posted:

Hamas hosed up and lost the sympathy of the europig and fat burger settlers, which is bad because we have the most important opinions

"farts" heres my opinion on why im no longer pro palestine 1/144

Sherbert Hoover
Dec 12, 2019

Working hard, thank you!
C-SPAM, let's give a quick shoutout to our martyrs, allahu akbar

WoodrowSkillson
Feb 24, 2005
Probation
Can't post for 2 hours!

Nonsense posted:

These Hamas were no angels

if you put people in a loving concentration camp, when they do get out the psychos will come with them. same as in any war, that's part of why its bad folks!

mcmagic
Jul 1, 2004

If you see this avatar while scrolling the succ zone, you have been visited by the mcmagic of shitty lib takes! Good luck and prosperity will come to you, but only if you reply "shut the fuck up mcmagic" to this post!

Dixon Chisholm posted:

my sister is very sympathetic to palestinians, but absolutely hates hamas.

'palestine HAD the moral high ground, but hamas pissed it away.'

she loving minimized the US treatment of natives to condemn israel last night, and she STILL thinks hamas is wrong!

People who think like this don't really follow the situation that was on the ground before a few days ago. There was literally no hope no matter what kind of perfect victim they were. Israel clearly has no other plan but it to keep the intolerable status quo in place forever.

Al-Saqr
Nov 11, 2007

oh no the weak kneed shitlibs who never gave a poo poo about me think I lost the moral high ground woooaaaah what will I ever do now that the loser lib left of the west doesnt like when people fight back against apartheid ohhhh nooo their support matters and has mattered before ooooohhh

F_Shit_Fitzgerald
Feb 2, 2017

Very much like Ukraine, none of the superpowers give a gently caress about the civilians on the ground; it's all about maintaining our ugly little empire and sticking it to our perceived enemies.

fits my needs
Jan 1, 2011

Grimey Drawer

ladd posted:

I do feel bad about this event since when I was In Goa in 2007 I did meet a couple of Israelis who decided to skip enlistment into the IDF, and thought it was more ethical to do drugs, rave, and sleep with backpackers than join a genocidal defense force.

As you said, I do feel it would have been more appropriate if these youngsters did the same as the people I met in 2007, or at the very least go to “a rave for peace” in another country where there is a small possibility you actually partying with people who you want peace with.

lol does that line actually work on backpackers?

Pepe Silvia Browne
Jan 1, 2007
"well if you're going to be violent about your opposition to having your face held down in the mud and being drowned, i have no choice but to side with the drowner"

mags
May 30, 2008
Probation
Can't post for 6 hours!

WoodrowSkillson posted:

if you put people in a loving concentration camp, when they do get out the psychos will come with them. same as in any war, that's part of why its bad folks!

https://youtu.be/GMo5s2nV0gg?si=SCyCqQovv42l-sGg

Rock Puncher
Jul 26, 2014
Palestine is the bad guy cause now I gotta fuckin hear about it. Remember it is better to simply die than cause a fuss. They could have turned the water off years ago. Maybe get some good drat respect for your technological superior you god drat savages

Al!
Apr 2, 2010

Al-Saqr posted:

oh no the weak kneed shitlibs who never gave a poo poo about me think I lost the moral high ground woooaaaah what will I ever do now that the loser lib left of the west doesnt like when people fight back against apartheid ohhhh nooo their support matters and has mattered before ooooohhh

they've lost the support of people who won't even buy a different brand of hummus

Sherbert Hoover
Dec 12, 2019

Working hard, thank you!

mcmagic posted:

People who think like this don't really follow the situation that was on the ground before a few days ago. There was literally no hope no matter what kind of perfect victim they were. Israel clearly has no other plan but it to keep the intolerable status quo in place forever.

israel's plan is literally gaza should shut up and if they keep subdividing the west bank maybe the palestinians will just kind of fade away peacefully

Al-Saqr
Nov 11, 2007

C-Spam > [P vs. I] - Israel is now performing the rite of no return.

also, Israel now announced that 3 IDF troops casualty from northern lebanon fighting.

Mantis42
Jul 26, 2010

Pepe Silvia Browne posted:

"well if you're going to be violent about your opposition to having your face held down in the mud and being drowned, i have no choice but to side with the drowner"

I sympathized with the slaves until Nat Turner's rebellion. That's when they lost the moral high ground.

HallelujahLee
May 3, 2009
Probation
Can't post for 2 hours!
im hearing reports that an insane fascist apartheid regime has lost the moral high ground

Al!
Apr 2, 2010

fits my needs posted:

lol does that line actually work on backpackers?

now to take a really big sip of water and find out what these 2007 ravers are saying in 2023

Frosted Flake
Sep 13, 2011

Semper Shitpost Ubique

Spaced God posted:

That's American Ally and host of multiple nypd precincts Israel to you
wtf
NYPD Now Has an Israel Branch
NYPD opens branch in Kfar Saba
NYPD brass part of delegation in Israel when Hamas launched surprise attack

Sherbert Hoover
Dec 12, 2019

Working hard, thank you!

HallelujahLee posted:

im hearing reports that an insane fascist apartheid regime has lost the moral high ground

i'm not hearing any reports like that

mags
May 30, 2008
Probation
Can't post for 6 hours!

Mantis42 posted:

I sympathized with the slaves until Nat Turner's rebellion. That's when they lost the moral high ground.

John brown wasn’t a saint

HallelujahLee
May 3, 2009
Probation
Can't post for 2 hours!

Sherbert Hoover posted:

i'm not hearing any reports like that

rude

Hammerstein
May 6, 2005

YOU DON'T KNOW A DAMN THING ABOUT RACING !

Dixon Chisholm posted:

my sister is very sympathetic to palestinians, but absolutely hates hamas.

'palestine HAD the moral high ground, but hamas pissed it away.'

she loving minimized the US treatment of natives to condemn israel last night, and she STILL thinks hamas is wrong!

Here I lie, rotting in my grave, after illegal settlers stole my land and a trigger happy 18 year old IDF conscript shot a bullet through my head.

But at least I had the moral high ground.

boo boo bear
Oct 1, 2009

I'm COMPLETELY OBSESSED with SEXY EGGS
hamas should buy another fishing boat and name it the nova festival. it'd really clear up a lot of confusion people have about what is and isn't a war crime.

Shageletic
Jul 25, 2007

Zoeb posted:

do you start every post with "Good news!" or "Bad news!"

Keeping a tally to see which one wins. Ping pong rules obviously, you need 2 or more to win

fanfic insert
Nov 4, 2009

HallelujahLee posted:

it seems to be escalating so far nothing official yet

hezbollah biding their time for now, upgrading their forces to a level surpassing Israel, once their wish dot com orders arrive, it's go time.

gradenko_2000
Oct 5, 2010

HELL SERPENT
Lipstick Apathy

Mantis42 posted:

Nat Turner vs Turner Diaries

Spaced God
Feb 8, 2014

All torment, trouble, wonder and amazement
Inhabits here: some heavenly power guide us
Out of this fearful country!

It's so cool when people learn about this for the first time

Next look up the nypd submarine fleet. Or the time they tried to boost officer shooting accuracy during incidents by including officer suicides as one shot perpetrator kills and still couldn't break 30%

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

HallelujahLee
May 3, 2009
Probation
Can't post for 2 hours!

fanfic insert posted:

hezbollah biding their time for now, upgrading their forces to a level surpassing Israel, once their wish dot com orders arrive, it's go time.

they're waiting for the newest edition of chairman xi's book