Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Frosted Flake
Sep 13, 2011

Semper Shitpost Ubique

Posted about it before but Southern "reformers" who wanted the peculiar institution to gradually fade away (by exterminating the blacks or deporting them to Africa) did claim Nat Turner and John Brown made them continue chattel slavery, yes.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Pepe Silvia Browne
Jan 1, 2007

Spaced God posted:

It's so cool when people learn about this for the first time

Next look up the nypd submarine fleet. Or the time they tried to boost officer shooting accuracy during incidents by including officer suicides as one shot perpetrator kills and still couldn't break 30%

lmfao god drat

icantfindaname
Jul 1, 2008

AnimeIsTrash posted:

someone should let the austrians know you only need to fly 1 nazi flag

Looks like the flag of Berlin there in the middle

RadiRoot
Feb 3, 2007

Al-Saqr posted:

wow your sister is a stupid idiot

Ask her why she cares now and not when Israel killed ambulance workers and children for decades.

Seriously gently caress the festival goers. I hope musicians think twice about going there now.

Zodium
Jun 19, 2004

Spaced God posted:

Or the time they tried to boost officer shooting accuracy during incidents by including officer suicides as one shot perpetrator kills and still couldn't break 30%

lmao

The REAL Goobusters
Apr 25, 2008

Dixon Chisholm posted:

my sister is very sympathetic to palestinians, but absolutely hates hamas.

'palestine HAD the moral high ground, but hamas pissed it away.'

she loving minimized the US treatment of natives to condemn israel last night, and she STILL thinks hamas is wrong!

lol. i love when people say this moral high ground type of poo poo. and what are they supposed to do it with that? Just wait and hope it all ends? not exactly how it works when you've been in an apartheid state for a whole generation

HallelujahLee
May 3, 2009

have they tried voting

ghouldaddy07
Jun 23, 2008
The cynic in me wonders if any international aid ever makes it the people anyway.

RadiRoot
Feb 3, 2007

Hammerstein posted:

It is tragic, but it also shows how detached and how blind the average Israeli citizen has become to the suffering of the people of Palestine, when they think that it's a good idea to go to a rave in an occupation zone, outside the walls of the world's biggest open-air prison. While on the other side of the barbed wire there are 2 million people, penned up under some of the most inhumance conditions possible.

Would I feel sorry for German concert-goers, if they had become victims while attending a performance outside the Warsaw ghetto on the day of the uprising in 1944? Probably not.

In an ideal world the US would have long stopped funding an apartheid state and then we might have 2 nations and peace. Unfortunately we live in the worst possible future.

Al-Saqr
Nov 11, 2007

One Day I Will Return To Your Side.

HallelujahLee posted:

have they tried voting

THEY DID

THATS WHY THEY WERE SUBJECTED TO THE GAZA SIEGE

BECAUSE THEY VOTED

Nonsense
Jan 26, 2007

magical realism is all the rage right now it seems.

Mantis42
Jul 26, 2010

yea but have they tried voting... for Liz Warren?

Dr. VooDoo
May 4, 2006

Hamas lost the moral high ground. Like Martin Luther King once said “something something time tables something another man’s freedom” which he probably meant setting a timetable for your freedom by non-direct action so your oppressors don’t get upset by too sudden of changes, I’m pretty sure

HallelujahLee
May 3, 2009

Al-Saqr posted:

THEY DID

BECAUSE THEY VOTED

wrong those votes were rigged and russian disinformation

Shageletic
Jul 25, 2007

fits my needs posted:

EU suspends all aid to palestine

So what is the PA getting out of staying out of this

Spaced God
Feb 8, 2014

All torment, trouble, wonder and amazement
Inhabits here: some heavenly power guide us
Out of this fearful country!

Al-Saqr posted:

THEY DID

BECAUSE THEY VOTED

Yeah they voted for known terrorist org Hamas have they tried voting correctly?

gradenko_2000
Oct 5, 2010

HELL SERPENT
Lipstick Apathy

Spaced God posted:

Or the time they tried to boost officer shooting accuracy during incidents by including officer suicides as one shot perpetrator kills and still couldn't break 30%

hahahahahahaa WHAT

Fellatio del Toro
Mar 21, 2009

WhiskeyWhiskers
Oct 14, 2013

"هذا ليس عادلاً."
"هذا ليس عادلاً على الإطلاق."
"كان هناك وقت الآن."
(السياق الخفي: للقراءة)

ghouldaddy07 posted:

The cynic in me wonders if any international aid ever makes it the people anyway.

There's probably so many caveats about not being allowed to fund Hamas or anyone with a relative who has roomated with someone with links to Hamas that it's built one well and 20 awareness campaigns.

F_Shit_Fitzgerald
Feb 2, 2017

The "high ground":

Substitute "Black Lives Matter" with "Hamas".

Tiler Kiwi
Feb 26, 2011

Al-Saqr posted:

oh no the weak kneed shitlibs who never gave a poo poo about me think I lost the moral high ground woooaaaah what will I ever do now that the loser lib left of the west doesnt like when people fight back against apartheid ohhhh nooo their support matters and has mattered before ooooohhh

i have a pet theory that a lot of those types just want to avoid feeling politically impotent and so just nod along with whatever their leaders say so they can imagine they're all sitting at the big boy table where people give a poo poo what they think

boo boo bear
Oct 1, 2009

I'm COMPLETELY OBSESSED with SEXY EGGS

Dr. VooDoo posted:

Hamas lost the moral high ground. Like Martin Luther King once said “something something time tables something another man’s freedom” which he probably meant setting a timetable for your freedom by non-direct action so your oppressors don’t get upset by too sudden of changes, I’m pretty sure

the moral arc of the universe is long but it curves towards the side with better manners.

Al!
Apr 2, 2010

:coolspot::coolspot::coolspot::coolspot::coolspot:

F_Shit_Fitzgerald posted:

The "high ground":

Substitute "Black Lives Matter" with "Hamas".

plenty of people think that their support of blm translates well over to their support of israel

ContinuityNewTimes
Dec 30, 2010

Я выдуман напрочь

RadiRoot posted:

Seriously gently caress the festival goers. I hope musicians think twice about going there now.

A successful debut for the Hamas Cultural Boycott Unit

Al!
Apr 2, 2010

"support" of blm, it should be in scare quotes

gradenko_2000
Oct 5, 2010

HELL SERPENT
Lipstick Apathy
lotta media outfits quoting the Israeli minister as ordering a total blockade of Gaza while omitting the part where he says they're fighting "human animals"

Buck Wildman
Mar 30, 2010

I am Metango, Galactic Governor

I get up in the morning and this is still going on? there's just no work ethic in the world anymore

Hammerstein
May 6, 2005

YOU DON'T KNOW A DAMN THING ABOUT RACING !

AnimeIsTrash posted:

someone should let the austrians know you only need to fly 1 nazi flag

The mindset of my average countryman is that one can never have enough Nazi flags.

Nonsense
Jan 26, 2007

Nobody wants to finish wars anymore!

Rock Puncher
Jul 26, 2014
Surrounded by wet rear end pussy but not a drop to drink..

Buck Wildman
Mar 30, 2010

I am Metango, Galactic Governor

Nonsense posted:

Nobody wants to finish wars anymore!

hustle culture is dead and the woke mob killed it

DAD LOST MY IPOD
Feb 3, 2012

Fats Dominar is on the case

Al-Saqr posted:

I think the US is pushing Israel into a ground invasion of Gaza because they are pissed off that Hamas ruined their normalization plans, and want hamas taken off the table so the saudis fall back in line.

I keep hearing this but I don’t see how any of this disrupts the timetable of “normalization,” the only person in KSA with a relevant opinion on “normalization” is MBS and he certainly doesn’t give a poo poo about Israelis or Palestinians so why wouldn’t he just forge ahead regardless?

gradenko_2000
Oct 5, 2010

HELL SERPENT
Lipstick Apathy

Mia Khalifa posted:

I just wanna make sure there’s 4k footage of my people breaking down the walls of the open air prison they’ve been forced out of their homes and into so we have good options for the history books that write about how how they freed themselves from apartheid. Please worry about your sad little company lacking direction and purpose before you utter my name again🤍 I stand with all people fighting oppression, now and always, do your research before begging for my investment in your little project, I’m from LEBANON, are you insane for expecting me to be on the side of colonialism you loving weirdo🇵🇸

sleep with the vicious
Apr 2, 2010

gradenko_2000 posted:

lotta media outfits quoting the Israeli minister as ordering a total blockade of Gaza while omitting the part where he says they're fighting "human animals"

Guardian has the full quote, as well as this bit about how israel is negotiating a prisoner swap of...women and children??! But why would the side with the moral high ground have women and children prisoners?? Buh?
"
The Reuters news agency reported that Qatar, which has mediated between Hamas and Israel in the past, was urgently working to negotiate freedom for Israeli women and children in exchange for the release of 36 Palestinian women and children from Israeli prisons".

Sherbert Hoover
Dec 12, 2019

Working hard, thank you!

Red Baron
Mar 9, 2007

ty slumfrog :)

Al! posted:

plenty of people think that their support of blm translates well over to their support of israel

this just makes me think of the black Israelites, I wonder who they support in all this

Al-Saqr
Nov 11, 2007

One Day I Will Return To Your Side.

DAD LOST MY IPOD posted:

I keep hearing this but I don’t see how any of this disrupts the timetable of “normalization,” the only person in KSA with a relevant opinion on “normalization” is MBS and he certainly doesn’t give a poo poo about Israelis or Palestinians so why wouldn’t he just forge ahead regardless?

yeah you might be right about this, public opinion is nonexistent in the gulf.

maybe seeing israel easily shattered by the poorest people on earth and that their spy software is a pile of dogshit basic malware might make someone think twice before betting on israel for protection, iran is more powerful is the message being sent.

Al!
Apr 2, 2010

Red Baron posted:

this just makes me think of the black Israelites, I wonder who they support in all this

theyll be like "why are you dummies fighting, the holy land is in Ethiopia"

Kunster
Dec 24, 2006

gradenko_2000 posted:

hahahahahahaa WHAT

I still wanna hear more about that.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

stumblebum
May 8, 2022

no, what you want to do is get somebody mad enough to give you a red title you're proud of

Spaced God posted:

It's so cool when people learn about this for the first time

Next look up the nypd submarine fleet. Or the time they tried to boost officer shooting accuracy during incidents by including officer suicides as one shot perpetrator kills and still couldn't break 30%

i hope they get their accuracy up to 99.9%