Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Oglethorpe
Aug 8, 2005

so gaza's basically being carpet bombed now from this rooftop cam i'm watching

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Tiler Kiwi
Feb 26, 2011

Engorged Pedipalps posted:

Police realistically need months or years of intensive training in discipline, conflict de-escalation and rules of engagement

Naturally we will try to solve this problem instead by wiring their brains or giving them drugs

i recommend fentanyl

Nix Panicus
Feb 25, 2007

Nonsense posted:

Closing the ring seems improbable without a similar invasion force also in the West Bank. Abbas is a corrupt slug

As this goes on hopefully their sense of self preservation kicks in, because there is zero chance Israel confines its retaliation to just Gaza

Al!
Apr 2, 2010

:coolspot::coolspot::coolspot::coolspot::coolspot:

Oglethorpe posted:

the moral high ground

Sherbert Hoover
Dec 12, 2019

Working hard, thank you!

HallelujahLee posted:

hezbollah harden your hearts

Cookie Cutter
Nov 29, 2020

Is there something else that's bothering you Mr. President?

Jel Shaker posted:

it’s funny, every american tourist i met said they didn’t vote for GW bush?

"I'm Canadian actually" was a common one for backbacking Americans in the early 00-10's. Not sure how well that would hold up now though

aw frig aw dang it
Jun 1, 2018

Ringo Roadagain posted:

I swear, people think that the hamas soldiers just materialized out of thin air and werent once the children they act like they care about. they just dont get that the people fighting now were the children during cast lead. they chalk all the fighters up as fundamentalists. guess it makes it easy for them do both sides this poo poo like loving pussy rear end retards.

Al!
Apr 2, 2010

Nix Panicus posted:

As this goes on hopefully their sense of self preservation kicks in, because there is zero chance Israel confines its retaliation to just Gaza

yes as an ethnostate they make few distinctions among their racial enemies

Hatebag
Jun 17, 2008

israel bombing lebanon seems like a pretty dumb decision lol. what're they gonna do next, bomb syria and iran?

Nix Panicus
Feb 25, 2007

Al! posted:

the moral high ground

But have you considered Hamas killed a bunch of ravers?

Carpet bombing is a proportionate and justifiable response

HallelujahLee
May 3, 2009

10 bux that the creeps in the dnd thread spend the entirely of this war talking about the rave and nothing else

Al!
Apr 2, 2010

shoved in a mass grave covered in body glitter, how undignified

ContinuityNewTimes
Dec 30, 2010

Я выдуман напрочь

HallelujahLee posted:

10 bux that the creeps in the dnd thread spend the entirely of this war talking about the rave and nothing else

Israel finally has Douchebag Rachel Corrie and that's all they care about

speng31b
May 8, 2010

HallelujahLee posted:

Of course the occupation and apartheid and the disproportionate response are all horrible and cannot be justified, but,

HallelujahLee
May 3, 2009

speng31b posted:

Of course the occupation and apartheid and the disproportionate response are all horrible and cannot be justified, but,

tweet 1/144

Good Soldier Svejk
Jul 5, 2010

Hatebag posted:

israel bombing lebanon seems like a pretty dumb decision lol. what're they gonna do next, bomb syria and iran?

no choice now, they got whipped
only way out is getting the big boys involved

Jel Shaker
Apr 19, 2003

is isreal just pulling out instruction cards about what to do when attacked and every single one of them ignores the south and hamas

RadiRoot
Feb 3, 2007

Oglethorpe posted:

hamas has a base of operations in every building somehow

Al!
Apr 2, 2010

i would simply not attend the party flaunting my wealth, status, and freedom, right outside of the concentration camp

Rock Puncher
Jul 26, 2014
al you just did a women can't wear short skirts of they're asking for rape.

WoodrowSkillson
Feb 24, 2005

*Gestures at 60 years of Lions history*

Oglethorpe posted:

god i hope they were able to evacuate people to some kind of safety ahead of this.

Hatebag
Jun 17, 2008

rave to grave

Engorged Pedipalps
Apr 21, 2023

Hatebag posted:

The Israeli response so far makes it seem like they have no objective or direction and are just hitting the standard beats because they don't know what else to do but definitely need to maintain appearances for their westernized population

Bombing that residential the other day on live TV, bombing hospitals and refugee camps, hitting random villages in Lebanon, they're fighting the media war in the usual way they fight it, targeted at the usual audience, other Israelis. "We're striking back... at Our Enemies! A win against terror!".

If they were thinking farther ahead than that I don't think they'd have bombed Lebanon

Nix Panicus
Feb 25, 2007

But then how will people know you stand for peace?

HallelujahLee
May 3, 2009

WoodrowSkillson posted:

god i hope they were able to evacuate people to some kind of safety ahead of this.

theres no-where to escape to dude other than drowning in the sea

Good Soldier Svejk
Jul 5, 2010

WoodrowSkillson posted:

they were not
CNN had footage of a refugee camp that was basically a crater
it's loving brutal and disgusting

Al!
Apr 2, 2010

Rock Puncher posted:

al you just did a women can't wear short skirts of they're asking for rape.

i do NOT agree with the rapes if they happened. the ravers should have only been killed

Regarde Aduck
Oct 19, 2012

c l o u d k i t t e n
Grimey Drawer

HallelujahLee posted:

lol at Chinatown immediately going to the d&d thread to continue posting in his characteristic manner

webcams for christ
Nov 2, 2005

WoodrowSkillson posted:

evacuate where?

Israeli warnings to women and children to evacuate are a fig leaf for western media

The Top G
Jul 19, 2023

by Fluffdaddy

Spaced God posted:

I can't find the original quote but I first remember it being cited in the behind the bastards police series. I did find this from the nyt in 2007:

That’s in-line with accuracy stats from “special operators”. Even with training guns are really hard to shoot accurately in active threat situations. very few cops (maybe none?) should be entrusted with their use in public.

Frosted Flake
Sep 13, 2011

Semper Shitpost Ubique

The problem with police training is that the part of their training that deals with threat escalation is based around a grizzled veteran cop screaming at you that you're about to die and if you don't shoot now and fast and immediately without thinking about it the perp is going to kill you, pull your driver's license out of your wallet, go to your house and kill your family too.

You can spend eight hours a day on the range and it won't matter if you've been programmed to poo poo your pants in fear and terror respond with violence

Police accuracy rates are so low because they're reflective of combat ability during an active panic attack

That's 100% it.

Honest Thief
Jan 11, 2009
https://twitter.com/haaretzcom/status/1711372666660176380

The EU is barely a project aligned with its values anymore

fits my needs
Jan 1, 2011

Grimey Drawer

WoodrowSkillson posted:

evacuate where

WoodrowSkillson
Feb 24, 2005

*Gestures at 60 years of Lions history*

HallelujahLee posted:

theres no-where to escape to dude other than drowning in the sea

bunkers, lesser targeted areas etc, i know they can't leave gaza.

Pepe Silvia Browne
Jan 1, 2007

fits my needs posted:

evacuate where

it really all comes down to this

HallelujahLee
May 3, 2009

WoodrowSkillson posted:

bunkers, lesser targeted areas etc, i know they can't leave gaza.

they're bombing the refugee camps my friend

Al-Saqr
Nov 11, 2007

One Day I Will Return To Your Side.
its strangely really thematically appropriate that the concentration camp ravers had a big statue of buddha set up

Al!
Apr 2, 2010

evacuate to the fence where they can be shot in an orderly fashion

Brain Candy
May 18, 2006

HallelujahLee posted:

Al Mayadeen's correspondent in southern Lebanon: The Israeli bombing on the outskirts of the town of Ayta ash-Shab has been ongoing for about an hour and a half.

Al Mayadeen's correspondent in southern Lebanon: The Israeli bombing of the town of Ayta ash-Shab hits residential areas

hopefully one of those 'what the gently caress were they thinking' moments you read in history

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Hatebag
Jun 17, 2008

The Israeli response so far makes it seem like they have no objective or direction and are just hitting the standard beats because they don't know what else to do but definitely need to maintain appearances for their westernized population

Bombing that residential the other day on live TV, bombing hospitals and refugee camps, hitting random villages in Lebanon, they're fighting the media war in the usual way they fight it, targeted at the usual audience, other Israelis. "We're striking back... at Our Enemies! A win against terror!".

If they were thinking farther ahead than that I don't think they'd have bombed Lebanon

gotta bomb something!