Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Antigravitas
Dec 8, 2019

Die Rettung fuer die Landwirte:
Otoh, Dragon flies funny and makes funny noises, so who can say if it's bad or not.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Pennsylvanian
May 23, 2010

Hetman Bohdan Khmelnytsky Independent Presidential Regiment
Western Liberal Democracy or Death!
Dragon deez cables across your tank.

Icon Of Sin
Dec 26, 2008

And thus “the teabaggin’ dragon” was christened :getin:

AlternateNu
May 5, 2005

ドーナツダメ!

brains posted:

the t-72 knows where it is by where the turret isn't

:aaaaa:

Pine Cone Jones
Dec 6, 2009

You throw me the acorn, I throw you the whip!
https://bsky.app/profile/noelreports.bsky.social/post/3kb7wqagesk2i

"WarGonzo's early update.

➡️With artillery support, the AFU advances towards Kopani, west of Robotyne. 'There is progress.'
➡️In the Bakhmut direction, the AFU is trying to break through to Zelenopillya in order to bypass Kurdyumivka from the northeast
➡️Russia attacks in Andriivka and Klishchiivka."

PurpleXVI
Oct 30, 2011

Spewing insults, pissing off all your neighbors, betraying your allies, backing out of treaties and accords, and generally screwing over the global environment?
ALL PART OF MY BRILLIANT STRATEGY!
https://twitter.com/wartranslated/status/1711287702723711308

quote:

Ukrainians demonstrate a dummy of a Ukrainian M109 system "destroyed" by a Russian strike. Ukrainians said Russians were very determined to take it out.

Apparently even contained some gunpowder to simulate secondary detonations on hit, by the looks of it?

Donkringel
Apr 22, 2008

PurpleXVI posted:

https://twitter.com/wartranslated/status/1711287702723711308

Apparently even contained some gunpowder to simulate secondary detonations on hit, by the looks of it?

Dummy looks in okay condition. Can probably salvage it and bring it back into (dummy)service to be shelled again.

Pennsylvanian
May 23, 2010

Hetman Bohdan Khmelnytsky Independent Presidential Regiment
Western Liberal Democracy or Death!

Donkringel posted:

Dummy looks in okay condition. Can probably salvage it and bring it back into (dummy)service to be shelled again.

We need to send Armored Dummy Recovery Vehicles.

Pine Cone Jones
Dec 6, 2009

Pennsylvanian posted:

We need to send Armored Dummy Recovery Vehicles.

Legitimately not a bad idea. Rig a car to be RC and have a shell on top that looks like a wrecker.

Kei Technical
Sep 20, 2011

Donkringel posted:

Ol' MDFsides

The Door Frame
Dec 5, 2011

I don't know man everytime I go to the gym here there are like two huge dudes with raging high and tights snorting Nitro-tech off of each other's rock hard abs.

Pine Cone Jones posted:

Legitimately not a bad idea. Rig a car to be RC and have a shell on top that looks like a wrecker.

ILM set to be the next NATO instructors sent to Ukraine

Defenestrategy
Oct 24, 2010

PurpleXVI posted:

I wonder what the monetary return on investment was for the dummy. Shells cant be cheap, but knowing the cost of plywood these days....

A.o.D.
Jan 15, 2006

Defenestrategy posted:

I wonder what the monetary return on investment was for the dummy. Shells cant be cheap, but knowing the cost of plywood these days....

The real return on investment is in the crew not getting shelled

Pine Cone Jones
Dec 6, 2009

A.o.D. posted:

not to mention dividing the attention of russian isr resources, getting information on isr activities, and counterbattery fire

Defenestrategy
Oct 24, 2010

A.o.D. posted:

What MOS is dummy tank crewman?

Icon Of Sin
Dec 26, 2008

Defenestrategy posted:

What MOS is dummy tank crewman?

In the US, 19K I think :dadjoke:

A.o.D.
Jan 15, 2006

Icon Of Sin posted:

Us 63 series called them DATs for a reason.

Alan Smithee
Jan 4, 2005

A man becomes preeminent, he's expected to have enthusiasms.

Enthusiasms, enthusiasms...
Russia just called it a tank

GD_American
Jul 21, 2004

LISTEN TO WHAT I HAVE TO SAY AS IT'S INCREDIBLY IMPORTANT!

Icon Of Sin posted:

god-drat

psydude
Apr 1, 2008

On the other side of the war, there's footage floating around of a T-90 getting hit by an ATGM and doing what Russian tanks do best.

uncleTomOfFinland
May 25, 2008

Just a heads up, it seems very likely that the Finland-Estonia gas pipeline Balticconnector was deliberately sabotaged by Russia last weekend. There's an official press event later today by the government but I think it can be considered confirmed when the public broadcaster is already saying it out loud.

CommieGIR
Aug 22, 2006

The blue glow is a feature, not a bug

Pillbug

uncleTomOfFinland posted:

Just a heads up, it seems very likely that the Finland-Estonia gas pipeline Balticconnector was deliberately sabotaged by Russia last weekend. There's an official press event later today by the government but I think it can be considered confirmed when the public broadcaster is already saying it out loud.

Also basically confirms that Russia has been sabotaging gas pipelines previously, shooting down the conspiracy about the US/CIA/whatever doing it

uncleTomOfFinland
May 25, 2008

CommieGIR posted:

Also basically confirms that Russia has been sabotaging gas pipelines previously, shooting down the conspiracy about the US/CIA/whatever doing it

Obviously a justified and proportionate retaliation for the norwegians, the cia and the ukronazis blowing up Nordstream :smug:

PurpleXVI
Oct 30, 2011

Spewing insults, pissing off all your neighbors, betraying your allies, backing out of treaties and accords, and generally screwing over the global environment?
ALL PART OF MY BRILLIANT STRATEGY!

uncleTomOfFinland posted:

I love how, clearly aware that one of their best bets is to cool everyone's motivation to support Ukraine, either with patience or disinformation, Russia decides that "hey, lmao, what if we reminded everyone why they need to stop our bullshit?"

https://twitter.com/wartranslated/status/1711707621944623465

quote:

On Avdiivka, where Russians attempted an assault today. Butusov says a Russian column of 9 vehicles left Donetsk in an attempt to cut off Avdeevka. However, something happened to the first vehicle in the column

Video content: Russian column's first vehicle fails to drive across a bridge and topples rear end over teakettle into the water instead, lmao.

Karma Comedian
Feb 2, 2012

Icon Of Sin posted:

:perfect:

Jasper Tin Neck
Nov 14, 2008

"Scientifically proven, rich and creamy."

PurpleXVI posted:

https://twitter.com/wartranslated/status/1711707621944623465

Video content: Russian column's first vehicle fails to drive across a bridge and topples rear end over teakettle into the water instead, lmao.

I wonder what happened after the video. You'd expect a spotted tank column stuck doing a U-turn on a narrow embankment would quickly turn into 8 × :blyat:.

bulletsponge13
Apr 28, 2010

That bridge looks too narrow for that MBT to cross

Alan Smithee
Jan 4, 2005

A man becomes preeminent, he's expected to have enthusiasms.

Enthusiasms, enthusiasms...
russia used bmp to make the bridge wider

CommieGIR
Aug 22, 2006

Pillbug

bulletsponge13 posted:

That bridge looks too narrow for that MBT to cross

No no no, roll enough BMPs in there and they'll have a bridge!

bulletsponge13
Apr 28, 2010

Jasper Tin Neck posted:

I wonder what happened after the video. You'd expect a spotted tank column stuck doing a U-turn on a narrow embankment would quickly turn into 8 × :blyat:.

I imagine they just kept rolling. Stopping will get you killed.

But then again, Russia hasn't exactly been the most proficient of forces. Like having a bridge too narrow for your tanks, or not having a scout or engineers check it first.

Madurai
Jun 26, 2012

You can already see them bunching up as the second vehicle hits the brakes.

Jasper Tin Neck
Nov 14, 2008

"Scientifically proven, rich and creamy."

Madurai posted:

You can already see them bunching up as the second vehicle hits the brakes.

Not just hitting the brakes, the second vehicle clearly starts turning around, getting to about perpendicular to the road as the video ends.

psydude
Apr 1, 2008

I like how they don't even try to help out. Just "Nope!"

Hekk
Oct 12, 2012

'smeper fi

psydude posted:

I get the sentiment but it’s likely there isn’t poo poo anyone can do. Even the US is good at drowning tankers in shallow bodies of water. Unless there’s an escape hatch in the bottom somewhere, I doubt anyone pulling them out could do so fast enough to save the people inside.

bulletsponge13
Apr 28, 2010

psydude posted:

It's body recovery once the armor goes submarine mode, and that is a future you problem. Sticking around means that you will be someone else's future problem.

The US lost a few dudes to drowning in Iraq when Bradleys rolled into canals.

Turrurrurrurrrrrrr
Dec 22, 2018

I hope this is "battle" enough for you, friend.

https://old.reddit.com/r/UkraineWarVideoReport/comments/174ivda/russians_reloading_a_grad_rocket_launcher/

We work hard, we play hard.

https://old.reddit.com/r/UkraineWarVideoReport/comments/174humw/ukrainian_122m_grad_rocket_misfired_and_is/

Good GRAD Practices for reloading & unloading.

Itchy_Grundle
Feb 22, 2003

That is some Looney Tunes stuff right there.

Discussion Quorum
Dec 5, 2002
Armchair Philistine

Jasper Tin Neck posted:

Looks kind of like it may have done a full 360 and landed with the hatch on top? Anyone not strapped in would have had a real bad time though

CommieGIR
Aug 22, 2006

Pillbug
You figure if you have to hammer the rocket in, its not gonna come out of the tube very easily when you launch it...

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Turrurrurrurrrrrrr
Dec 22, 2018

I hope this is "battle" enough for you, friend.

CommieGIR posted:

You figure if you have to hammer the rocket in, its not gonna come out of the tube very easily when you launch it...

Look at mister big brain here, how are your studies going at the Moscow Institute of Physics and Technology? Go back to МФТИ or I'll hammer the next one up your rear end!!!!