Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Ciprian Maricon
Feb 27, 2006

Good Soldier Svejk posted:

I completely forgot the house doesn't even have a speaker so they can't do an appropriations bill to fund Israel right now

All these rules are completely made up and the US will use executive actions, some bullshit invented by the parliamentarian, or just make up something completely new out of thin air. There is no way they allow some procedural obstacles to stand in the way of pouring money into defending Israel.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Centrist Committee
Aug 6, 2019

speng31b posted:

To clarify the rules, syqs are not illegal in cspam and not currently illegal in this thread. They got banned in the Ukraine thread through a combination of excessive overuse (people who didn't know how to turn it off even when it wasn't insane or funny enough) and stupid forums war bullshit.

I expect they will not be banned in this thread as long as they are not overused to the point of excess and do not lead to stupid forums war bullshit.

feels to me like the winds are changing and whatever you want to call this era we’re in – ww3, post-neoliberalism, multipolarity, etc – is becoming more pronounced. there’s more than enough mainstream nazi content from people with huge platforms that it isn’t useful or funny to syq some random dumbass from other forums anymore. it’s about as relevant as quoting the comments sections of a blog, or tweets by people with no followers. it’s a gimmick that’s played out imo

WoodrowSkillson
Feb 24, 2005

*Gestures at 60 years of Lions history*

William Bear posted:

What's SYQ? I tried looking it up, but all I can find is an international airport in Costa Rica.

Assuming this not an inception syq,

Posting the text of a post from another forum without attribution, with the goal being to bait angry responses. The common response is "source your quote," which is also used to mock someone unironically posting a bad take

RandomBlue
Dec 30, 2012

hay guys!

Biscuit Hider
To clarify the rules, syqs are not illegal in cspam and not currently illegal in this thread. They got banned in the Ukraine thread through a combination of excessive overuse (people who didn't know how to turn it off even when it wasn't insane or funny enough) and stupid forums war bullshit.

I expect they will not be banned in this thread as long as they are not overused to the point of excess and do not lead to stupid forums war bullshit.

Stringent
Dec 22, 2004

image text goes here

Officer Sandvich posted:

I'm praying for peace.

inshallah

Nonsense
Jan 26, 2007

JPMorgan Chase praised Hamas assault on Israel and announced a paid day off

speng31b
May 8, 2010

Dokapon Findom posted:

I don’t see the point of SYQ for this. Oh wow, those posters are complete pieces of poo poo? We’ve known this for a year and a half! :nallears:

the worst part about syqs is this part right now where people get weird and talk meta about it and it's a whole thing, so time to stfu about it and see how it goes itt

In Training
Jun 28, 2008

Ciprian Maricon posted:

All these rules are completely made up and the US will use executive actions, some bullshit invented by the parliamentarian, or just make up something completely new out of thin air. There is no way they allow some procedural obstacles to stand in the way of pouring money into defending Israel.

Yeah I have a feeling Joe Biden will just cut a check or some poo poo. Or this will be the pressure required for capital to make some calls to Republican leaders and tell them to stop loving around and send more money to Raytheon right now.

Al-Saqr
Nov 11, 2007

One Day I Will Return To Your Side.

Officer Sandvich posted:

I'm praying for peace.

long boring lovely post, didnt read, death to israel, long live palestine, i pray for the destruction of apartheid and zionism. from the river to the sea palestine will be free.

Dokapon Findom
Dec 5, 2022

They hated Futanari because His posts were shit.
Lmao at the timing of getting everyone to applaud and excuse an honest to G-d loving nazi then this like a week later. The dissonance, it’s like poetry :discourse:

mcmagic
Jul 1, 2004

If you see this avatar while scrolling the succ zone, you have been visited by the mcmagic of shitty lib takes! Good luck and prosperity will come to you, but only if you reply "shut the fuck up mcmagic" to this post!

How big of a majority will he have after the next election? 50? 60? seats?

AnimeIsTrash
Jun 30, 2018

Ciprian Maricon posted:

sure, but the weapons still have to be manufactured somewhere lol

mags
May 30, 2008
Probation
Can't post for 16 hours!

Al-Saqr posted:

long boring lovely post, didnt read, death to israel, long live palestine, i pray for the destruction of apartheid and zionism. from the river to the sea palestine will be free.

:same:

fits my needs
Jan 1, 2011

Grimey Drawer

Al-Saqr posted:

AnimeIsTrash
Jun 30, 2018

i dont think that israel ran out of shells, despite the the cateared lady saying so

Dokapon Findom
Dec 5, 2022

China should take this opportunity to assert its rightful control over Chinese Taipei

Feels Villeneuve
Oct 7, 2007

Setter is Better.
I believe CatgirlKulak.

Pepe Silvia Browne
Jan 1, 2007
The West: ahh i've just finished setting up my next proxy war to send all of our weapons and military resources to! now let me take a big sip of water...

sullat
Jan 9, 2012

Dokapon Findom posted:

Lmao at the timing of getting everyone to applaud and excuse an honest to G-d loving nazi then this like a week later. The dissonance, it’s like poetry :discourse:

It's not dissonance, it was a practice run for Netanyahu's next state visit

HallelujahLee
May 3, 2009

UN chief Guterres says he is ‘distressed’ by Gaza siege

crepeface
Nov 5, 2004

r*p*f*c*

Al-Saqr posted:

al-syq-ed

Ciprian Maricon
Feb 27, 2006

AnimeIsTrash posted:

they'll just take them from someone else like they did for Ukraine, and then Lockheed and General Dynamics will get more juicy contracts, its a win win

Elendil004
Mar 22, 2003

The prognosis
is not good.

HallelujahLee posted:

UN chief Guterres says he is ‘distressed’ by Gaza siege

The UN should come up with some kind of a plan to allow both states to live freely.

Oglethorpe
Aug 8, 2005

al jazeera arabic using command and conquer sprites lol what

Atrocious Joe
Sep 2, 2011

mcmagic posted:

How big of a majority will he have after the next election? 50? 60? seats?

Bibi is gonna be living in Philly again the next time there is an election in Palestine

stumblebum
May 8, 2022

no, what you want to do is get somebody mad enough to give you a red title you're proud of

AnimeIsTrash posted:

what are the odds that the government shapes up quick to pass legal justification only to then be stonewalled begging china for the actual material supplies?

Smythe
Oct 12, 2003

Oglethorpe posted:

lol

Pepe Silvia Browne
Jan 1, 2007

Oglethorpe posted:

i fuckin loved peace walker

Zodium
Jun 19, 2004

Al-Saqr posted:

mcmagic
Jul 1, 2004

If you see this avatar while scrolling the succ zone, you have been visited by the mcmagic of shitty lib takes! Good luck and prosperity will come to you, but only if you reply "shut the fuck up mcmagic" to this post!

Atrocious Joe posted:

Bibi is gonna be living in Philly again the next time there is an election in Palestine

I hope this is true but I doubt it.

Feels Villeneuve
Oct 7, 2007

Setter is Better.

Oglethorpe posted:

Lmao

HallelujahLee
May 3, 2009

Elendil004 posted:

The UN should come up with some kind of a plan to allow both states to live freely.

sorry i was taking a poo poo and was distressed

sullat
Jan 9, 2012

stumblebum posted:

what are the odds that the government shapes up quick to pass legal justification only to then be stonewalled begging china for the actual material supplies?

The important thing is that the money is given to the defense contractors. What happens next is in god's hands. Or the free market, whatever.

Godlessdonut
Sep 13, 2005

There's one class that always benefits in these conflicts.

https://x.com/JStein_WaPo/status/1711394507973861882?s=20

Gumball Gumption
Jan 7, 2012

If someone killed a bunch of Americans because they believed they were killing white supremacists they would be right even if some of the specific people killed thought white supremacy was icky in their hearts.

Nonsense
Jan 26, 2007

Izz ad-Din al-Qassam Brigades is making a live statement

Buddykins
Feb 12, 2011

Hatebag posted:

instead of operation cast lead they shoulda done operation cast bread, where they throw bread crumbs to ducks

Dokapon Findom
Dec 5, 2022

Israel? Palestine? I just wanna grill for goodness sake

Good Soldier Svejk
Jul 5, 2010

stumblebum posted:

Well house/senate isn't even in session right now. House gets back in session tomorrow and will either need to suspend rules or vote in a new speaker ASAP to be able to do anything and the Senate is out for another week

I don't think the US is sincerely touching this one unless it really has to

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

keep punching joe
Jan 22, 2006

Die Satan!
Sorry to hear that you may know people who died that one goon, guess they shouldn't have been there in the first place.