Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Dr. Lunchables
Dec 27, 2012

IRL DEBUFFED KOBOLD

Yeah, I loved Jamaal on a personal level. Dude is just fun and clearly loves to play.

Montgomery is a loving freight train though.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

IcePhoenix
Sep 18, 2005

Take me to your Shida

Darth Brooks posted:

The mistakes on the Vikings part wouldn't hurt as much if the defense was getting turnovers of their own. They've had one INT in five games and very few fumble recoveries. The one game they won was helped a huge amount by a fumble recovery. I still think it's a better defense than last year. Ed Donatell was clueless. They just don't have the talent right now.

The Vikings would have been 3-1 or 4-0 going into yesterday's game if it wasn't for all the turnovers inside the opponent's 30. If you just assume 3 points on each turnover inside the 30 then it changes TB to a 3 point win, LAC to a 2 point win, and sends the Eagles game to overtime. You can also add +6 to that Panther's game and suddenly oh look it's not close at the end anymore. The defense is much better than last year so far, they're not even in the bottom ten by most of the major metrics (points, yards/game, etc) when they were bottom five in most of them last year. Hell, their rushing yards allowed per game is actually middle of the pack right now even with that Eagles game.

Like obviously you can't discount those mistakes because they're Part Of The Game but it's also unsustainably bad and if you normalize it out over time they're probably a ten or eleven win team.

Thaddius the Large
Jul 5, 2006

It's in the five-hole!

IcePhoenix posted:

The Vikings would have been 3-1 or 4-0 going into yesterday's game if it wasn't for all the turnovers inside the opponent's 30. If you just assume 3 points on each turnover inside the 30 then it changes TB to a 3 point win, LAC to a 2 point win, and sends the Eagles game to overtime. You can also add +6 to that Panther's game and suddenly oh look it's not close at the end anymore. The defense is much better than last year so far, they're not even in the bottom ten by most of the major metrics (points, yards/game, etc) when they were bottom five in most of them last year. Hell, their rushing yards allowed per game is actually middle of the pack right now even with that Eagles game.

Like obviously you can't discount those mistakes because they're Part Of The Game but it's also unsustainably bad and if you normalize it out over time they're probably a ten or eleven win team.

People have said it since week 1 but the Vikings ending the year at 4-13 with a positive point differential would be so utterly on brand and perfect

Apples McGrind
Oct 13, 2013

IcePhoenix posted:

I mean everyone said the win record last year for the Vikings was unsustainable too and they won the division, so I’m tempted to believe that this trend of making GBS threads the bed in the Red Zone is super duper sustainable until proven otherwise.

IcePhoenix
Sep 18, 2005

Take me to your Shida

Thaddius the Large posted:

People have said it since week 1 but the Vikings ending the year at 4-13 with a positive point differential would be so utterly on brand and perfect

I was saying it! It would be though yes. JJ being out also changes the math a lot so we'll see what happens there.

Dexo
Aug 15, 2009

A city that was to live by night after the wilderness had passed. A city that was to forge out of steel and blood-red neon its own peculiar wilderness.
tbf anyone would be good behind that line lol.

But yeah Monty rocks.

MJeff
Jun 2, 2011

THE LIAR
The Vikings constantly forking the ball over seems pretty sustainable to me right now. Cause, uh, they keep doing it.

tinstaach
Aug 3, 2010

MAGNetic AttITUDE

Hilariously they only turned it over once yesterday, on the very first play from scrimmage

FAT32 SHAMER
Aug 16, 2012

Apples McGrind
Oct 13, 2013

I will be devastated when they leave but I also have enough faith that Dan Campbell and Brad Holmes will find the right guys to replace them.

Dexo
Aug 15, 2009

A city that was to live by night after the wilderness had passed. A city that was to forge out of steel and blood-red neon its own peculiar wilderness.
https://twitter.com/CEmma670/status/1711453734855708836

HootTheOwl
May 13, 2012

Hootin and shootin
they owe him

trevorreznik
Apr 22, 2023

HootTheOwl posted:

they owe him

lovie being directly responsible for an early DJ moore game that (momentarily) broke the franchise out of bottomless despair is pretty incredible

Sataere
Jul 20, 2005

Step 1: Start fight
Step 2: Attack straw man
Step 3: REPEAT

Do not engage with me

Danny LaFever posted:

David Montgomery is a dude. He's even better than I thought he'd be.

So much for all the dorks gnashing their teeth saying he was a bad signing and wasn't better than Jamaal.

I was saying from the start he'd be a monster. I even have a bet that he led the NFL in rushing touchdowns at +2500 for a buck. That was low key one of the best free agent signings of the offseason and nobody realized it at the time but me and a few other people.

Anderson Koopa
Jun 9, 2006

ZombieCrew posted:

Nearly done with week 5. There are a lot of 1-4 teams and the panthers at 0-5. How would you ranks the bottom of the league?

Bears, Vikes, Cards, Giants, Raiders (pending monday), Broncos, Patriots, and Panthers the basement dwellers. Rank them best to worst.

I'm going to rank them worst to best because I think that is a bit easier.

Worst
Patriots - can't do anything on offense / special teams. Defense is dead.
Giants - offensive line isn't very capable, but they do have Saquon, so yay?
Panthers - Argument I am hearing is that they don't have weapons after trading two of the better ones.
Raiders
Bears
Broncos- Offense is somewhat competent, off set by a terrible defense.
Vikings
Cardinals - Everyone knew that they would be bad, they are keeping things competitive and entertaining at least. About the best that you can hope for.
Best

Sataere
Jul 20, 2005

Do not engage with me

Cards are easily the best of that bunch. I've been saying for weeks they won't pick in the top five. My heart says the Bears are the best of the bad teams. My head says they are the worst.

SKULL.GIF
Jan 20, 2017

Jaire-Adams is live for tonight. Will be a good duel.

https://twitter.com/AndyHermanNFL/status/1711473611284820460

Rod Hoofhearted
Jun 18, 2000

I am a ghost

No Aaron Jones = hosed.

SKULL.GIF
Jan 20, 2017

Rod Hoofhearted posted:

No Aaron Jones = hosed.

Elgton is playing LG so a little less hosed on offense than you'd assume. I expect to see more of the Love we saw in the Falcons/Saints game and less of the one we saw in the Lions game.

FAT32 SHAMER
Aug 16, 2012

I really need GB to ice Devante out so I don’t lose my fantasy game

Please let Josh Jacobs run though, tia

Sataere
Jul 20, 2005

Do not engage with me

FAT32 SHAMER posted:

I really need GB to ice Devante out so I don’t lose my fantasy game

Please let Josh Jacobs run though, tia

I need Adams and Jacobs to murder the Packers because gently caress the Packers. Also money.

Niwrad
Jul 1, 2008

If you didn't feel bad enough about the Claypool trade. Imagine their defensive situation with Jalen Carter and Porter Jr. on the team right now.

https://twitter.com/PFF/status/1711479143496569263

Niwrad fucked around with this message at 22:49 on Oct 9, 2023

Gonz
Dec 22, 2009

"Jesus, did I say that? Or just think it? Was I talking? Did they hear me?"
I wanted the Lions to get Joey Porter bad.

But then, right after the Steelers took him, the Lions drafted Sam LaPorta.

So I am okay with that.

Parallelwoody
Apr 10, 2008

LaPorta looks like a certified dude and while the sample size is small, I'm pretty impressed how well the Lions scouting department did there. He was the first one off the board I believe and there were at least two guys that seemed like they were getting mocked frequently before him.

Gonz
Dec 22, 2009

Parallelwoody posted:

LaPorta looks like a certified dude and while the sample size is small, I'm pretty impressed how well the Lions scouting department did there. He was the first one off the board I believe and there were at least two guys that seemed like they were getting mocked frequently before him.

Second off the board; Buffalo took Dalton Kincaid at 25.

But LaPorta went above Michael Mayer (Raiders), who had been mocked as a first rounder for months.

humpthewind
Jan 8, 2007

Noblest of all dogs is the hot-dog; it feeds the hand that bites it.
Go Packers tonight imo

Rectal Placenta
Feb 25, 2011

humpthewind posted:

Go Packers tonight imo

Just reviewed the science. This checks out.

MacheteZombie
Feb 4, 2007
Go pack go

Acebuckeye13
Nov 2, 2010
Ultra Carp

counterpoint: no pack no

CharlestheHammer
Jun 26, 2011

YOU SAY MY POSTS ARE THE RAVINGS OF THE DUMBEST PERSON ON GOD'S GREEN EARTH BUT YOU YOURSELF ARE READING THEM. CURIOUS!
I just want everyone to have fun

Dog Faced JoJo
Oct 15, 2004

Woof Woof

To hell

Rod Hoofhearted
Jun 18, 2000

I am a ghost

Everyone on ESPN picked the Packers to win. They’re doomed. :smith:

Hot Diggity!
Apr 3, 2010

SKELITON_BRINGING_U_ON.GIF

humpthewind posted:

Go Packers tonight imo

That's right OP

Do not even ask
Apr 8, 2008

Acebuckeye13 posted:

counterpoint: no pack no

countercounterpoint: it's always funny when the josh mcdaniels raiders lose

epic bacon
Sep 19, 2022

it’s pretty funny if either team loses. perfect scenario

Gonz
Dec 22, 2009

A compromise: A 0-0 tie

MJeff
Jun 2, 2011

THE LIAR
I have a lot of faith in the Packers ability to suck and fail but I fear Josh McDaniel may be too tall a hill for even them to climb.

HootTheOwl
May 13, 2012

Hootin and shootin

Gonz posted:

A compromise: A 0-0 tie

If only

Radia
Jul 14, 2021

And someday, together.. We'll shine.
holding out for a tie for sure

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU