Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Not So Fast
Dec 27, 2007

speng31b posted:

To clarify the rules, syqs are not illegal in cspam and not currently illegal in this thread. They got banned in the Ukraine thread through a combination of excessive overuse (people who didn't know how to turn it off even when it wasn't insane or funny enough) and stupid forums war bullshit.

I expect they will not be banned in this thread as long as they are not overused to the point of excess and do not lead to stupid forums war bullshit.

As usual remembering things is illegal

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

mcmagic
Jul 1, 2004

If you see this avatar while scrolling the succ zone, you have been visited by the mcmagic of shitty lib takes! Good luck and prosperity will come to you, but only if you reply "shut the fuck up mcmagic" to this post!
https://twitter.com/LHSummers/status/1711421307227607255

Harvard based?

Smythe
Oct 12, 2003
the gaza livestream with the sound of drones buzzing overhead and video of huge explosions is harrowing. then it cuts in to a radio address of from hamas saying theyre going to execute one hostage fr every bomb in gaza. incredible stuff. surreal to watch it unfold live

F_Shit_Fitzgerald
Feb 2, 2017

Make yourself feel better, Summers: go be wrong about some economic indicators.

fits my needs
Jan 1, 2011

Grimey Drawer

Nonsense posted:

Izz ad-Din al-Qassam Brigades is making a live statement

he said they are gonna start executing a captive for every unannounced attack on gaza

Al-Saqr
Nov 11, 2007

One Day I Will Return To Your Side.
Hamas are announcing live that if Israel bombs any more civilian houses in gaza they will begin to execute the POWs they have.

Nonsense
Jan 26, 2007

Good Soldier Svejk
Jul 5, 2010

Congressman on MSNBC saying they have a resolution but cannot bring it to the floor without a speaker and doesn't think they'll have one in the next few days

Al!
Apr 2, 2010

:coolspot::coolspot::coolspot::coolspot::coolspot:

Oglethorpe posted:

al jazeera arabic using command and conquer sprites lol what

war has changed

mcmagic
Jul 1, 2004

If you see this avatar while scrolling the succ zone, you have been visited by the mcmagic of shitty lib takes! Good luck and prosperity will come to you, but only if you reply "shut the fuck up mcmagic" to this post!
https://twitter.com/AvivaKlompas/status/1711391653355815403

Al-Saqr
Nov 11, 2007

i dont think israel gives a poo poo about its hostages its part of their policy to kill hostages rather than allow them to be taken so i dont think that Hamas warning carries any weight

Sancho Banana
Aug 4, 2023

Not to be confused with meat.
As a liberal I cannot tolerate Hamas committing war crimes in response to Israeli war crimes therefore I support these Israeli war crimes being committed in response to Hamas's war crimes

AARD VARKMAN
May 17, 1993

Oglethorpe posted:

Lmao

HallelujahLee
May 3, 2009

Al-Saqr posted:

i dont think israel gives a poo poo about its hostages its part of their policy to kill hostages rather than allow them to be taken so i dont think that Hamas warning carries any weight

israel already said they dont care if the captives die in the bombings

F_Shit_Fitzgerald
Feb 2, 2017

Palestinian Lives Matter.

ikanreed
Sep 25, 2009

I honestly I have no idea who cannibal[SIC] is and I do not know why I should know.

syq dude, just syq!

Al-Saqr posted:

Yeah. But Hamas has a political obligation to do something about the indiscriminate mass murders. Even if it's ineffective

Nonsense
Jan 26, 2007

Palestinians abolish the joke that is Fatah!

mcmagic
Jul 1, 2004

Al-Saqr posted:

Israel gave up 1000 POWs to get one soldier back. I don't think isrealis are willing to tolerate losing hostages.

Buck Wildman
Mar 30, 2010

I am Metango, Galactic Governor

Oglethorpe posted:

today israel, tomorrow gdi

HallelujahLee
May 3, 2009

mcmagic posted:

Israel gave up 1000 POWs to get one soldier back. I don't think isrealis are willing to tolerate losing hostages.

yes they are

Israeli army says attacks on Gaza to continue even if harm reaches captives

The Israeli army radio has reported that Israeli airstrikes on Gaza will continue even at the cost of harming Israeli captives in Gaza.

“Attacks on the Gaza Strip will be carried out powerfully and widely, even at the cost of harming Israeli hostages who are in captivity in Gaza.

“If there is accurate intelligence information about the location of the captives. Certainly Israel will refrain from attacking that location, but as long as such information does not exist, all Hamas targets will be attacked.”

Honky Mao
Dec 26, 2012

Americans immediately falling for "baby snatchers" propaganda never gets old

Al-Saqr
Nov 11, 2007

Nonsense posted:

Palestinians abolish the joke that is Fatah!

sadly if theres one thing arab fascist dictator stooges are good at its staying in power even if they have to kill their own citizens to do so

smarxist
Jul 26, 2018

by Fluffdaddy

RandomBlue posted:

To clarify the rules, syqs are not illegal in cspam and not currently illegal in this thread. They got banned in the Ukraine thread through a combination of excessive overuse (people who didn't know how to turn it off even when it wasn't insane or funny enough) and stupid forums war bullshit.

I expect they will not be banned in this thread as long as they are not overused to the point of excess and do not lead to stupid forums war bullshit.

i think we have ad-hoc guidance from speng to try to not turn this chill BBQ zone thread into another D&D dunk zone

Cabbages and VHS
Aug 25, 2004

Listen, I've been around a bit, you know, and I thought I'd seen some creepy things go on in the movie business, but I really have to say this is the most disgusting thing that's ever happened to me.

HallelujahLee posted:

no and honestly maybe they shouldnt that dnd thread is legit vile

I stopped reading CSPAM, mostly, like six months ago just because my cracks are pretty fully pinged, I have been forced by life back into Viral Miasma world, and my takeaway from the biosphere/dday econ/etc threads is that my time is better spent enjoying life with my family and focusing on material issues that are local enough that I have some agency over them.

Came back last night because I wanted basically any reasonable coverage of this conflict, the NYT made my head explode and then D&D made my head explode even harder.

All my real life friends, and, apparently my family, are pretty loving weird but they all seem to be reacting to this with "it sucks and also seems inevitable given the unconscionable and evil actions taken by the state of Israel". I guess my immediate circle is more of an echo chamber than I thought :allears:

HallelujahLee
May 3, 2009

Cabbages and Kings posted:

I stopped reading CSPAM, mostly, like six months ago just because my cracks are pretty fully pinged, I have been forced by life back into Viral Miasma world, and my takeaway from the biosphere/dday econ/etc threads is that my time is better spent enjoying life with my family and focusing on material issues that are local enough that I have some agency over them.

Came back last night because I wanted basically any reasonable coverage of this conflict, the NYT made my head explode and then D&D made my head explode even harder.

All my real life friends, and, apparently my family, are pretty loving weird but they all seem to be reacting to this with "it sucks and also seems inevitable given the unconscionable and evil actions taken by the state of Israel". I guess my immediate circle is more of an echo chamber than I thought :allears:

im glad to hear that and i recommend to keep your break mental health is critical

even some people i know that are rabid pro-israel actually criticized them this time around

Al-Saqr
Nov 11, 2007

big props to your friends and family for having good and correct takes

PhilippAchtel
May 31, 2011

https://twitter.com/wyattreed13/status/1491538229497114629

https://twitter.com/wyattreed13/status/1491560982199554050

lol

An Jung-geun
Sep 2, 2022

Good Soldier Svejk posted:

I completely forgot the house doesn't even have a speaker so they can't do an appropriations bill to fund Israel right now

allah ackbar

Al!
Apr 2, 2010

:coolspot::coolspot::coolspot::coolspot::coolspot:

everything else about the conflict aside i feel like if you lead with the fact that gaza was given two choices, this or submit to genocide, i think most people can understand that

1glitch0
Sep 4, 2018

I DON'T GIVE A CRAP WHAT SHE BELIEVES THE HARRY POTTER BOOKS CHANGED MY LIFE #HUFFLEPUFF

Smythe posted:

the gaza livestream with the sound of drones buzzing overhead and video of huge explosions is harrowing. then it cuts in to a radio address of from hamas saying theyre going to execute one hostage fr every bomb in gaza. incredible stuff. surreal to watch it unfold live

Just saw this on Al Jazeera.

Also it's a trip watching Al Jazeera after the fire hose of propaganda from all American media. During the psycho media environment in the run-up to the Iraqi invasion I'm not sure if Al Jazeera even existed yet and if it did I'm pretty sure it wasn't in English and even if it was there wasn't a convenient app on my Roku streaming box. When I first heard about it back in the day it was characterized as the scary terrorist channel. Now it's on Roku!

Zodium
Jun 19, 2004

Al! posted:

everything else about the conflict aside i feel like if you lead with the fact that gaza was given two choices, this or submit to genocide, i think most people can understand that

most people westerners think that by not submitting to genocide, the palestinians have tacitly agreed to being genocided

Good Citizen
Aug 12, 2008

trump trump trump trump trump trump trump trump trump trump
https://twitter.com/bnonews/status/1711427118096072884?s=46

ruh roh

Smythe
Oct 12, 2003

1glitch0 posted:

Also it's a trip watching Al Jazeera after the fire hose of propaganda from all American media. During the psycho media environment in the run-up to the Iraqi invasion I'm not sure if Al Jazeera even existed yet and if it did I'm pretty sure it wasn't in English and even if it was there wasn't a convenient app on my Roku streaming box. When I first heard about it back in the day it was characterized as the scary terrorist channel. Now it's on Roku!

yes agreed! its really something!!

Godlessdonut
Sep 13, 2005

1glitch0 posted:

Al Jazeera existed in 2003 and was routinely described in the US media as "pro-terrorist" and "terrorist enablers" and such.

Honky Mao
Dec 26, 2012

I say this almost daily and have never followed through

Smythe
Oct 12, 2003
now is a good time to turn on the aje livestream. watching Israel seemingly indiscriminately carpet bomb a densely populated civilian population is mind-bending

Shageletic
Jul 25, 2007

ikanreed posted:

I do wonder if opening cspam made d&d worse, and gave the decorum reactionaries control

Indubitably. The place shrank and got waaaaaaaay weirder

HallelujahLee
May 3, 2009

Smythe posted:

now is a good time to turn on the aje livestream. watching Israel seemingly indiscriminately carpet bomb a densely populated civilian population is mind-bending

Ill pass

Soggy Muffin
Jul 29, 2003
It’s only humane to kill hundreds of humans indiscriminately with bombs, killing hundreds with the use of guns is pure barbarism

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Oglethorpe
Aug 8, 2005

al jazeera english is only allowed to be broadcast because it talks about iran, russia, and china in a way that pleases the pentagon and that's all that matters