Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

William Bear
Oct 26, 2012

"That's what they all say!"

Al-Saqr posted:

israel is saying its citizens should start preparing to be in shelters for more than 72 hours soon

Where are you seeing this? All I found was this:

quote:

The military’s Home Front Command issues restrictions for residents of towns in northern Israel, as tensions rise, following an exchange of fire on the Lebanon border earlier.

Businesses in towns along the Lebanon border and in the Golan Heights can only be opened if they have ready access to bomb shelters, the military says.

Gatherings are also restricted to 30 people outdoors and 300 people indoors in those areas, the IDF Home Front Command says.

Public beaches are closed as well, it says.

Schools across the entire country are already closed, due to restrictions the Home Front Command issued following Hamas’s attack on Israel from the Gaza Strip.

The restrictions are valid until Tuesday at 6 p.m., but will likely be extended further due to ongoing fighting.
https://www.timesofisrael.com/liveblog_entry/idf-issues-new-restrictions-on-northern-towns/

No mention of staying in shelters.

William Bear has issued a correction as of 18:46 on Oct 9, 2023

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Hatebag
Jun 17, 2008

Typo posted:

is pretty much a GLA unit from C&C generals

still lolling at hamas's tears of the kingdom rear end paragliders being an undefeatable military force yielding the most effective palestinian actions of my lifetime

Sheng-Ji Yang
Mar 5, 2014

https://twitter.com/Thom_Hartmann/status/1711160523465933217

err
Apr 11, 2005

I carry my own weight no matter how heavy this shit gets...
is there Western consensus on how many children need to die as retribution?

4:1? 7:1?

Sancho Banana
Aug 4, 2023

Not to be confused with meat.

Mischievous Mink posted:

If you've ever been in the idf you are complicit in genocide and crimes against humanity.

But have you considered: I heard once that iof military bases have grocery stores where soldiers can buy snacks and poo poo, and there are some soldiers who's whole job is to man the cash registers. What about the potato chips cashier guys

Gumball Gumption
Jan 7, 2012

Cheen posted:

the one thing i DONT understand is how can you steal a house from someone if you just blew it up??

Oh see in Gaza they drop rockets and in the West Bank settlers drop huge shits in your toilet

Crazypoops
Jul 17, 2017

So many evangelicals :gizz: rn

Nonsense
Jan 26, 2007

Jared Kushner is on his way now.

mags
May 30, 2008

I am a congenital optimist.

thom fartmann

Sancho Banana
Aug 4, 2023

err posted:

As far as western ghouls are concerned, Israel can murder as many kids as it takes.

HallelujahLee
May 3, 2009

mags posted:

thom fartmann

webcams for christ
Nov 2, 2005

lmao

FormaldehydeSon
Oct 1, 2011

Oglethorpe posted:

al jazeera arabic using command and conquer sprites lol what

finally something I can understand

Regarde Aduck
Oct 19, 2012

c l o u d k i t t e n
Grimey Drawer

Smythe posted:

now is a good time to turn on the aje livestream. watching Israel seemingly indiscriminately carpet bomb a densely populated civilian population is mind-bending

i do not advise this abyss gazing

Echo Chamber
Oct 16, 2008

best username/post combo
https://youtu.be/0CF8rqzRJhM?si=_adQygBYIrR1vVMK

lumpentroll
Mar 4, 2020

Typo
Aug 19, 2009

Chernigov Military Aviation Lyceum
The Fighting Slowpokes

Frosted Flake posted:

The IAF is the only capable part of the IDF and the only one that doesn't risk more embarrassing casualties. Of course this was their response.

However, whole books have been written about how this didn't do anything for them in Lebanon '06 or Gaza '14 so they will have to send up the poor bloody infantry if they have any goals whatsoever except for slaking bloodlust.

it does seem like repeating 2006 might be what Hamas have in mind

that being said, genuine question: how -did- the 2006 draw/victory/defeat actually change the situation in the region?

a.lo
Sep 12, 2009

i could have told u that

The Oldest Man
Jul 28, 2003

"more missiles, bigly" does sound like something trump would say yeah

really queer Christmas
Apr 22, 2014

ben shapino posted:

Cspam finally got a bloodlust thread they can feel good about posting in. Congrats

(USER WAS PUT ON PROBATION FOR THIS POST)

Trump thread is sending their best, folks

Jel Shaker
Apr 19, 2003

lol absolute conspiracy nut but for the good team

Al!
Apr 2, 2010

:coolspot::coolspot::coolspot::coolspot::coolspot:

cant believe i have to vote for donald trump to liberate palestine but it is what it is

Sancho Banana
Aug 4, 2023

The 300 IQ secret Russian strategy of firing a lot of makeshift rockets to counter the missile defense system that requires rockets not manufactured in a garage and which are therefore less plentiful

HallelujahLee
May 3, 2009

trump welcome to the resistance

Mister Bates
Aug 4, 2010

the primitive savages could not have figured out 'if we launch a whole lot of rockets all at once the interceptors will not be able to shoot all of them down' on their own and must have been told this wisdom by an outsider

Atrocious Joe
Sep 2, 2011

HallelujahLee posted:

trump welcome to the axis of resistance

Maximo Roboto
Feb 4, 2012

https://twitter.com/ettingermentum/status/1711264611637325920
https://twitter.com/ettingermentum/status/1711303219844886760

mcmagic
Jul 1, 2004

If you see this avatar while scrolling the succ zone, you have been visited by the mcmagic of shitty lib takes! Good luck and prosperity will come to you, but only if you reply "shut the fuck up mcmagic" to this post!

Executing hostages and POWs is a horrific war crime and I hope it doesn't happen no matter what other War Crimes Israel is carrying out.

William Bear
Oct 26, 2012

"That's what they all say!"

Excuse me, it's the She/They Bet now.

mags
May 30, 2008

I am a congenital optimist.

Mister Bates posted:

the primitive savages could not have figured out 'if we launch a whole lot of rockets all at once the interceptors will not be able to shoot all of them down' on their own and must have been told this wisdom by an outsider

“what if they have a lot of rockets?”

“shut up”

Al!
Apr 2, 2010

:coolspot::coolspot::coolspot::coolspot::coolspot:

mcmagic posted:

Executing hostages and POWs is a horrific war crime and I hope it doesn't happen no matter what other War Crimes Israel is carrying out.

cant be a war crime if theyre just terrorists

Cheen
Apr 17, 2005

Thom is right. According to my sources the Russians used back-channels to get this important piece of technology into the hands of hamas

Only registered members can see post attachments!

Regarde Aduck
Oct 19, 2012

c l o u d k i t t e n
Grimey Drawer

really queer Christmas posted:

Trump thread is sending their best, folks

saw them doing the d&d thing earlier where they were so sad that hamas would do this and now Israel would be forced, against its will, to genocide everyone :(

send the fuckers to d&d, salt the earth and never mention their name again, the cunts

Real hurthling!
Sep 11, 2001

im really mad at egypt for allowing the gaza blockade to continue all this time and i hope their government has a bad time along with all the other facilitators of thid calamity and freedom comes to the victims of gaza soon

Frosted Flake
Sep 13, 2011

Semper Shitpost Ubique

Thinking of 1973, it's a shame Hamas wasn't able to chip away at the IAF's myth of invincibility in the first 24 hours too, I think that would have gone a long way towards paralyzing the Israeli response. I realize the bar has been set very high, and I would imagine because of the importance of the IAF, the IDF equivalent of the RAF Regiment are probably the only people who were at work on Saturday, but some sort of sign that the IAF isn't invulnerable would help make the relentless aerial bombardment tolerable.

On a positive note, the myth of the Merkava has been shattered (if 2006 didn't do it already), probably about on par with Centurions and M60s burning in the Sinai in 73. That's one of of the IDF's twin pillars knocked over.

Death By The Blues
Oct 30, 2011
Considering how frequently Israel is bombing Gaza tonight there may not be any hostages in the morning.

RandomBlue
Dec 30, 2012

hay guys!

Biscuit Hider

err posted:

Israel's just going to go with all of them.

Sancho Banana
Aug 4, 2023

https://twitter.com/Worldsource24/status/1711435626329899253?t=2BBXhsE-RnXFV_AKeNDJgg&s=19

ruh ro

HallelujahLee
May 3, 2009

mcmagic posted:

no need to worry bud they're currently razing gaza to the ground and have made it clear they could care less about dead hostages

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

sleep with the vicious
Apr 2, 2010
Not feeling the IG vibe like i saw from my liberal friends for the ukraine invasion, Whole skirmish feels really cringe tbh, not enough posts more stories you know?