Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

smarxist
Jul 26, 2018

by Fluffdaddy

as we "dismantle" Palestine's sword arm and weapons, we pray for peace and a cessation to our own terrible deeds that drove them to arm themselves :w00t:

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Buddykins
Feb 12, 2011

I legit cannot even open up Google News on my phone without getting insanely loving irritated at the framing of all of this by western media

smarxist
Jul 26, 2018

by Fluffdaddy
why not just post "stop hitting yourself", barack you loving herb

Al!
Apr 2, 2010

:coolspot::coolspot::coolspot::coolspot::coolspot:

Asproigerosis posted:

Ahh yes Iran, the country trying to hang on for dear loving life to not have an internal revolution, masterminded one of the most successful Palestinian offenses against Israel in decades.

ok so not them. russians? north korea????

Pener Kropoopkin
Jan 30, 2013

https://twitter.com/KeanuNazari/status/1711069242089422896?s=20

HashtagGirlboss
Jan 4, 2005

drat shits gettin real now

Mia Wasikowska
Oct 7, 2006

Al! posted:

if it was north korea that would be so sick...

smarxist
Jul 26, 2018

by Fluffdaddy

Al! posted:

it was masterminded by the DANG CHEETOH

JAY ZERO SUM GAME
Oct 18, 2005

Walter.
I know you know how to do this.
Get up.

Mia Wasikowska posted:

im not familiar with who that is

obungler

Oglethorpe
Aug 8, 2005

Asproigerosis posted:

Ahh yes Iran, the country trying to hang on for dear loving life to not have an internal revolution, masterminded one of the most successful Palestinian offenses against Israel in decades.

the indigenous tribes living behind the respectfully constructed wall are unable to independently think, you see

Regarde Aduck
Oct 19, 2012

c l o u d k i t t e n
Grimey Drawer
i know the west is full of demons but it's weird how they used to at least pretend to care about Palestine and acknowledge that both sides had suffered. Now it's just Israel. There's no history of the conflict anymore. Hamas just up and did this for no reason. I guess that's how 9/11 was portrayed. The ARABS just did a terrorism because they hate freedom. Again, no history. Just the present. Get the real impression between this and Ukraine that some 'next phase' shenanigans are going on in the west. Maybe shoring up for the climate crisis and war with China, where we'll have to make 'tough choices'. Hence the use of language like 'asiatic' said by actual officials. Openly othering anyone not part of the 'west'.

webcams for christ
Nov 2, 2005

e: sorry. didn't mean to link to video tweet was replying too
https://twitter.com/AJEnglish/status/1711486168712237157

webcams for christ has issued a correction as of 22:21 on Oct 9, 2023

Al!
Apr 2, 2010

[a really old guy in maimi] THEY WERE TRAINED BY CASTRO

JAY ZERO SUM GAME
Oct 18, 2005

Walter.
I know you know how to do this.
Get up.

Buddykins posted:

I legit cannot even open up Google News on my phone without getting insanely loving irritated at the framing of all of this by western media
i turned on local network news in nyc for the first time in years, partly because there are like six helicopters floating over midtown

it's pretty farcical

Buddykins
Feb 12, 2011

Regarde Aduck posted:

i know the west is full of demons but it's weird how they used to at least pretend to care about Palestine and acknowledge that both sides had suffered. Now it's just Israel. There's no history of the conflict anymore. Hamas just up and did this for no reason. I guess that's how 9/11 was portrayed. The ARABS just did a terrorism because they hate freedom. Again, no history. Just the present. Get the real impression between this and Ukraine that some 'next phase' shenanigans are going on in the west. Maybe shoring up for the climate crisis and war with China, where we'll have to make 'tough choices'.

no one can remember poo poo that happened last week in the world and media. kojima was right

Buddykins
Feb 12, 2011

webcams for christ posted:

Ik edit linkbreak graphic video

https://twitter. com/AJEnglish/status/1711486168712237157

I shouldnt have watched this.

Somebody has issued a correction as of 23:51 on Oct 9, 2023

Dr. VooDoo
May 4, 2006

Regarde Aduck posted:

i know the west is full of demons but it's weird how they used to at least pretend to care about Palestine and acknowledge that both sides had suffered. Now it's just Israel. There's no history of the conflict anymore. Hamas just up and did this for no reason. I guess that's how 9/11 was portrayed. The ARABS just did a terrorism because they hate freedom. Again, no history. Just the present. Get the real impression between this and Ukraine that some 'next phase' shenanigans are going on in the west. Maybe shoring up for the climate crisis and war with China, where we'll have to make 'tough choices'. Hence the use of language like 'asiatic' said by actual officials. Openly othering anyone not part of the 'west'.

It really it awesome to watch the “the left side of media” in the US, like MSNBC, having people on and allowed to say stuff like “I don’t see how Israel can exist peacefully with these savages right over their border” and the hosts just nod along to very clearly calling for genocide

Atrocious Joe
Sep 2, 2011

Al! posted:

https://english.almayadeen.net/news/politics/che-guevaras-th-martyrdom-commemoration:-the-revolution-cont

quote:

In fact, Che Guevara's visit to the Strip on June 18, 1959, at the invitation of the late Egyptian President and leader Gamal Abdel-Nasser, came to establish a state of solidarity and harmony between Cuba and the Palestinian cause.

Zodium
Jun 19, 2004

Regarde Aduck posted:

reaction approaching critical mass.

FormaldehydeSon
Oct 1, 2011

The Voice of Labor posted:

I've got pizza balls of steel

(USER WAS PUT ON PROBATION FOR THIS POST)

free pizzaballs

really queer Christmas
Apr 22, 2014

John Charity Spring posted:

this thread is much better when all the americans are asleep

Death to the burger posters

webcams for christ
Nov 2, 2005

Buddykins posted:

I shouldnt have watched this.

my b. didn't realize there was a video that would embed. edited accordingly

Sherbert Hoover
Dec 12, 2019

Working hard, thank you!

imagine how scary it must be to walk through a field like that knowing that helicopters and jets are looking to vaporize you without warning

Al!
Apr 2, 2010

webcams for christ posted:

my b. didn't realize there was a video that would embed. edited accordingly

yeah idk why the embed behavior is to show the tweet before the tweet you actually want to post

DancingShade
Jul 26, 2007

by Fluffdaddy

Ramrod Hotshot posted:

https://twitter.com/sentdefender/status/1711459684278809075

I'm probably late with this but holy poo poo, it's happening

Man that's going to be a pretty big techno dance rave party.

Beeftweeter
Jun 28, 2005

OFFICIAL #1 GNOME FAN

Regarde Aduck posted:

it is absolutely disgusting but not particularly surprising

i guess one bright spot is that everyone i've talked to about this irl so far has been surprisingly anti-israel and have been also extremely disgusted by the dehumanizing jingoistic coverage

mcmagic
Jul 1, 2004

If you see this avatar while scrolling the succ zone, you have been visited by the mcmagic of shitty lib takes! Good luck and prosperity will come to you, but only if you reply "shut the fuck up mcmagic" to this post!
https://twitter.com/nypost/status/1711467373125915055

Cancel culture

Lpzie
Nov 20, 2006

Al! posted:

yup. so was i.

webcams for christ
Nov 2, 2005

https://twitter.com/historyoarmani2/status/1711460198584332419

Spergin Morlock
Aug 8, 2009

Atrocious Joe posted:

Jake Tapper is asking Kirby if the SEALS will be sent in to save the US citizen hostages

Kirby is saying they won't talk publicly about that option

Jake tapper is such a worthless piece of poo poo lol

Dr. VooDoo
May 4, 2006

“We live in constant fear of the Palestinian Menace!” I say before going to the rave at the open air prison right after a rocket attack in the hope of Israeli bombs blowing up civilians at night to be the backdrop of some techno music

DancingShade
Jul 26, 2007

by Fluffdaddy

I imagine the current general enthusiasm level is around "it's your empire, you go fight for it".

You can't undo long term demoralising by snapping fingers.

FlapYoJacks
Feb 12, 2009
Lmfao is Israel loses this war because they bombed Hezbollah.

Al!
Apr 2, 2010

hmm opened twitter and it made me so mad i almost posted on it. the ukraine to israel pipeline is real these libs just love fascism!!!

DancingShade
Jul 26, 2007

by Fluffdaddy

goth smoking cloves posted:

I think they are going to invade someone IMO, the economies in terrible shape and it's the perfect way to kick that can down the road for a bit, the question is who could they get away with while still being able to tie them (whether loosely or by complete fabrication.) to Hamas/Iran?

At the risk of sounding like a conspiracy theorist, I honestly expect a new 9/11 to happen in the US sometime before the election to get the public on board with another war.

Let's hope the work from home enthusiasts mean they whack an empty tower.

mcmagic
Jul 1, 2004

If you see this avatar while scrolling the succ zone, you have been visited by the mcmagic of shitty lib takes! Good luck and prosperity will come to you, but only if you reply "shut the fuck up mcmagic" to this post!

Barfsack is just the worst.

Google Butt
Oct 4, 2005

Xenology is an unnatural mixture of science fiction and formal logic. At its core is a flawed assumption...

that an alien race would be psychologically human.

im getting word that Adam Friedland has come out in full support of Hamas. sombering.

Frosted Flake
Sep 13, 2011

Semper Shitpost Ubique

I think the Ford, worst case, might just do what the USN did in 1973: hastily spray paint Israeli insignia and transfer their own air group to the IAF. The only thing is, Israel's taken no air losses, so this would just be emotional support I guess?

In terms of direct US intervention, how?

Other than contributing to the air campaign, hoping for a repeat of Libya or whatever, trying to get some punches in on Syria and Iran, what could the US even do at the moment? I don't think any of the Marine air–ground task forces recalled people from leave or anything, not that landing a light infantry battalion in Haifa would make a difference.

F Stop Fitzgerald
Dec 12, 2010

today is Indigenous Peoples Day lmao

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

webcams for christ
Nov 2, 2005

https://twitter.com/EmpireFiles/status/1393015740291162120