Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

weekly font
Dec 1, 2004

Everytime I try to fly I fall
Without my wings
I feel so small
Guess I need you baby...

God theyre getting rid of the only thing Beepie has going for him. Clownshoes up there I tell ya

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

TV Zombie
Sep 6, 2011

Burying all the trauma from past nights
Burying my anger in the past

Wendy Choo

fart blood
Sep 13, 2008

by VideoGames

Pylons posted:

They're trying to get a new deal for NXT because USA isn't going to renew it.

If it was just the TV deal they would be doing this every week and not just the week they were going up against AEW.

Pylons
Mar 16, 2009

fart blood posted:

If it was just the TV deal they would be doing this every week and not just the week they were going up against AEW.

They have been, recently, just not to this extent.

Codependent Poster
Oct 20, 2003

Yeah I don't get what a win does for WWE if it's just stacking the deck in their favor. If they played it off normally and NXT wins the night that's a much bigger deal.

And if they lose with a stacked card they have no excuse. It only really sets them up to look bad by doing this with NXT

Big Coffin Hunter
Aug 13, 2005

Yeah they had Becky show up, win the title, and cut the most cringe promo in history not long ago

Alan_Shore
Dec 2, 2004

WWE just want bragging rights if they beat AEW on the night.

That's it. It's not complex. It's a petty vindictive incredibly insecure company

TV Zombie
Sep 6, 2011

Burying all the trauma from past nights
Burying my anger in the past

SatoshiMiwa posted:

Eh it's not just the TV deal that want a win over AEW and want one badly. And they probably will get it and people will forget it maybe a week or two later

Don’t they have wins in terms of ratings for RAW and Smackdown and attendance for their shows in general?

SatoshiMiwa
May 6, 2007

Yeah its gonna be a win that won't hurt AEW in any way but it'll get stans crowing which is good enough for WWE

The move for WWE if they want to hurt AEW would be to do NXT PLE's monthly on Saturday since that kills Collision ratings in way to does hurt AEW potentially

Pylons
Mar 16, 2009

TV Zombie posted:

Don’t they have wins in terms of ratings for RAW and Smackdown and attendance for their shows in general?

The new media rights deal for Smackdown was far, far lower than the stock market anticipated and they're about half of where they promised investors their market cap would be at after the merger as a result.

JUNGLE BOY
Sep 23, 2019

Pylons posted:

The new media rights deal for Smackdown was far, far lower than the stock market anticipated and they're about half of where they promised investors their market cap would be at after the merger as a result.

Sounds like they need to fire some more people

SatoshiMiwa
May 6, 2007

It's not only the rights not going up as much It's the fact it's going back to Cable which feels like going backwards especially with it finally doing really good numbers the past years on Fox. Maybe they get Raw on a network or streaming on Amazon (if the market still has blinders on about streaming which seems less likely)

Majinfoose
Jul 26, 2007

HOLY SHIT
This vegan brisket is bussin

My dream would be canceling WWE

Open Marriage Night
Sep 18, 2009

"Do you want to talk to a spider, Peter?"

Imagine wanting to watch NXT instead of Swerve vs Danielson, and Switchblade vs Hangman.

Shard
Jul 30, 2005

jesus lol

Lamuella
Jun 26, 2003

It's like goldy or bronzy, but made of iron.

Bring back Curtis Axel to team with Lexis King.

Dango Bango
Jul 26, 2007

fart blood posted:

What is WWE trying to accomplish? I’m sure it’ll be a fun show and I’m sure Dynamite will be a fun show too. It’s not 1996 anymore. People can DVR one or both shows and watch them later.

If NXT draws a better number then good for them but it won’t change anything; AEW isn’t going away, Tuesday isn’t the normal night, and it’s still gonna get a new deal with WBD.

So what is the point of this? What are they trying to accomplish?

Ruining Tony Khan's birthday

RealityWarCriminal
Aug 10, 2016

:o:
it's sweeps week

Miching Mallecho
May 24, 2010

:yeshaha:
I remember when NXT won ratings night, WWE Twitter was insufferable, Paul I think tweeted something like “well, you can’t always win them” or some bullshit I can’t remember.

And then the ratings went back to AEW after and never stopped until nxt was moved and Paul had the little bitchy answer “well they beat our developmental brand” :lol:

WWE is full of petty people from top to bottom.

Kennel
May 1, 2008

BAWWW-UNH!

TV Zombie posted:

They also don't want AEW to have wins.

Dango Bango
Jul 26, 2007

Miching Mallecho posted:

WWE is full of petty people from top to bottom.

This is 100% why I think they loaded up the card after Tony said it was his birthday.

Shard
Jul 30, 2005

Saw stuff on twitter about how AEW is cold right now, how WWE is hot, how morale in WWE is up because supposedly HHH has been knighted by endeavour to mostly be behind the creative.

I saw a few folks doing like victory lap posts about how they knew wwe would beat AEW eventually. And it's like, they just don't get it. The point was never for AEW to beat WWE and become the new only wrestling company in America. The point was always to be an alternative. I could not care less if people think AEW is cold. All I want is to keep watching good wrestling, with good enough presentation that doesn't bore me to watch. WWE does not offer this to me right now. AEW does. So I wanna keep watching it. But I also don't care if WWE keeps existing.

I'll never understand people who, if they don't care about AEW and think it's bad, somehow do care enough to want it to die.

graph
Nov 22, 2006

aaag peanuts

quote:

Tebow smoke the Steelers out of the playoffs on the first throw in overtime lol

all i could do was laugh

Lamuella posted:

Curtis Axel

this guy looks like ben rooflesburger

zetamind2000
Nov 6, 2007

I'm an alien.

Pylons posted:

triple h :argh:

1glitch0
Sep 4, 2018

I DON'T GIVE A CRAP WHAT SHE BELIEVES THE HARRY POTTER BOOKS CHANGED MY LIFE #HUFFLEPUFF
https://twitter.com/WrestleOps/status/1711453535278121426

SatoshiMiwa
May 6, 2007

On one hand this feels like PR fluff to hide Vince stuff OTOH between this and other stuff coming out about making sure Vince can be easily removed I wonder if they think more Vince stuff they can't ignore is gonna drop

JUNGLE BOY
Sep 23, 2019

Pylons posted:

HHH showing up to get knighted

SilentChaz
Oct 5, 2011

Sorry, I'm quite busy at the moment.
John Cena says he's leaving WWE once the SAG-AFTRA strike ends.

Shard
Jul 30, 2005

JUNGLE BOY posted:

HHH showing up to get knighted

Lol

ChrisBTY
Mar 29, 2012

this glorious monument

I'll believe when Roman is no longer champion.

Drakkel
May 6, 2007

IT'S LIKE I CAN TOUCH YOU!

But what will people do when WWE does something they don't like and they can't swear Vince is secretly doing it behind everyone's backs?

SatoshiMiwa
May 6, 2007

Eh HHH probably doesn't mind a long Roman reign since a long heel reign easily fulfills his NWA/Ric Flair Fandom

STING 64
Oct 20, 2006

this is incredibly naive lol

Digital Jedi
May 28, 2007

Fallen Rib

quote:

Becky Lynch is still healing, but as of 6 PM ET, her status is promising.

WWE sources indicated to Fightful that as of 6 PM, Lynch was scheduled to work her previously planned NXT Title match against Tegan Nox. The match had to be delayed from last week after Lynch sustained a laceration at NXT No Mercy.

If something changes, we'll post an appropriate update.

fightful posted:

Things have been different on WWE Raw and Smackdown, in case you haven't noticed.

PWInsider reported what Fightful had mentioned on our WWE Raw post-show this past Monday -- that things had appeared a little different on the surface. They expanded, saying there's been a bit of a morale boost associated with a line of thinking that Triple H is largely directing creative again, not Vince McMahon.

We can confirm this is a significant, prevailing belief within the company, and that there's been a significant boost in optimism in recent weeks over the 8 or so months that preceded it. Locker room morale had hit an all time low at the start of 2022, largely due to McMahon's lack of creative direction, before recovering significantly under Triple H in the latter part of the year. Talent has not been outright told that Vince McMahon is no longer involved, and most of them were never outright told that Vince had been making changes after returning, though all of them knew it.

In December, Vince McMahon had internally declared his intent to push his way back into the company to seek a sale. However, by February, Fightful was told by talent that McMahon's creative forces were being felt.

It's worth noting that nobody within creative that we've spoken with worked directly with Vince McMahon in 2023, and he didn't sit in on creative meetings. Instead he would usually make remote changes, and submit them, often shortly before the show. One exception was Raw after Mania, which saw significant, sweeping changes to the show. We're told that over the last few weeks, even many of those late changes have stopped, outside of ones that happened due to issues with medical clearances. Even then, word that we've received was that Vince McMahon changes existed before then but were fairly minimal, especially as compared to how things used to be.

Regarding Vince being out "for good," unanimously there was an "I'll believe it when I see it" approach from talent and staff. WWE in an official capacity were adamant after McMahon's initial retirement that he would not be returning.

Fightful had long heard that Endeavor looked upon Triple H fondly.

Morale has been boosted over the last couple of weeks, starting with the September 25 episode of WWE Raw. Numerous WWE talent reached out to us after stories emerged today expressing that same sentiment.

One WWE higher up told us "I think you can take a look at the show -- Johnny Gargano is back after his return was nixed. Tegan Nox is on the show. Dragon Lee is all over the program. Carlito is finally factored in after being under contract for months. Cameron Grimes got back on TV. Bronson Reed is winning matches. Tag team titles and IC titles are getting long matches to end Raw. I'm not going to say that all of those are direct results of the situation, but all of those parts moving at the same time is a little too much to be a coincidence for me."

One WWE talent said that their feeling was that most people on the roster felt a sense of relief when McMahon retired from both a moral and creative standpoint. They said that answering for Vince McMahon's behavior isn't what most of them signed up for, and beyond that, there wasn't a lot of creative confidence in him.

McMahon settled a lawsuit with ex-ref Rita Chatterton, who accused him of raping her in the 1980s, which McMahon's lawyer claimed he did to avoid the cost of litigation. Between settlements and other NDA payouts regarding to personal conduct, McMahon has paid out over $30 million. After brazenly putting himself on television for no reason after that, he was encouraged to retire, and did for about five months before pushing his way back into the company. This carousel of McMahon himself also led to a carousel with his own daughter, Stephanie McMahon, leaving the company in 2022 while he was being investigated, only to return to fill the void he left. She also left in 2023, just mere weeks after Vince declared his intent to return to the company.

Ganso Bomb
Oct 24, 2005

turn it all around

I wish the production and overall feel of WWE shows was watchable because I don’t hate the idea of a WWE run the way HHH ran NXT, though I’ll never believe Vince is uninvolved until he’s actually out of the company fully or dead.

Raskolnikov38
Mar 3, 2007

We were somewhere around Manila when the drugs began to take hold

"the source also stated that his marriage to stephanie mcmahon has never been stronger"

Cavauro
Jan 9, 2008

she fell asleep

Tampa Bae
Aug 23, 2021

Please, this is all I have
every now and then I accidentally stumble across these weird pro WWE areas of the internet and there was a whole bunch of people saying "This NXT isn't done out of pettiness, it's just good business!"

yeah and the reason they're throwing everything they have at this one particular NXT show is...??

Codependent Poster
Oct 20, 2003

You can tell that HHH probably has the most say because like that article points out, a lot of his people are getting airtime and pushes. Of course the question is how long will it last.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Digital Jedi
May 28, 2007

Fallen Rib

quote:

- Seth Rollins promo

- Viking Rules: Kofi Kingston vs. Ivar

- Raquel Rodriguez vs. Nia Jax

- Cody Rhodes & Jey Uso promo (YEET)

- IC Title contenders: Ricochet vs. Chad Gable vs. Bronson Reed

- Drew McIntyre vs. JD McDonagh

- NXT Title: Becky Lynch vs. Tegan Nox

- SPOILER MAIN EVENT

Backstage News

- Nikki Cross vs. Kiana James is set to be filmed for WWE Main Event

- Axiom vs. Akira Tozawa is also set to be filmed for WWE main event

- Chad Patton is slated to ref the main event

- Maxxine Dupri is appearing tonight. Erik and Valhalla are not listed on run sheets

SPOILERS

- Sami Zayn will be back on tonight's show.

- NXT Title match is set for two segments

- Cody Rhodes & Jey Uso vs. Sami Zayn & Kevin Owens is planned for the main event and is getting a lot of time. It is to be set up during the show, and for the tag titles as of today.