Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Al!
Apr 2, 2010

:coolspot::coolspot::coolspot::coolspot::coolspot:

F Stop Fitzgerald posted:

today is Indigenous Peoples Day lmao

the government still calls it something else

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

F_Shit_Fitzgerald
Feb 2, 2017
Probation
Can't post for 4 hours!

Beeftweeter posted:

it is absolutely disgusting but not particularly surprising

i guess one bright spot is that everyone i've talked to about this irl so far has been surprisingly anti-israel and have been also extremely disgusted by the dehumanizing jingoistic coverage

Same. I - thankfully - have not heard anything about Israel from my friends and family, pro or con. It's setting up an interesting dynamic where the only people who really care are Zionists, evangelicals and establishment politicians of both parties.

smarxist
Jul 26, 2018

by Fluffdaddy

no.. NO.. gently caress NO

Weka
May 5, 2019

That child totally had it coming. Nobody should be able to be out at dusk except cars.

Asproigerosis posted:

Ahh yes Iran, the country trying to hang on for dear loving life to not have an internal revolution, masterminded one of the most successful Palestinian offenses against Israel in decades.

Iran has been backing a number of successful military actions in the region including Ansar Allah (houthis) and large parts of the Iraqi Popular Mobilization Force that has been crucial to defeating ISIS. They have one of the strongest militaries in the region and the world.
Idk how involved they were but they certainly have the capability.

Dr. VooDoo
May 4, 2006

*Climbing atop the mountain of dead Palestinians to reach a microphone, tapping on it a few times* Killing civilians is bad and this is why Israel has to defend itself from these subhumans as only they would target innocents like this

SpaceDrake
Dec 22, 2006

I can't avoid filling a game with awful memes, even if I want to. It's in my bones...!

Regarde Aduck posted:

There's no history of the conflict anymore. Hamas just up and did this for no reason. I guess that's how 9/11 was portrayed. The ARABS just did a terrorism because they hate freedom. Again, no history. Just the present.

P. much, yeah. It began around 9/11 and the dementia surrounding that and it's just built and built for years. It's the kind of stew that the folks who sign on to be settlers broil in for decades or just grew up in.

Dr. VooDoo posted:

It really it awesome to watch the “the left side of media” in the US, like MSNBC, having people on and allowed to say stuff like “I don’t see how Israel can exist peacefully with these savages right over their border” and the hosts just nod along to very clearly calling for genocide

Yeah there's a reason I don't tune in to broadcast media basically at all anymore

Though even more hilarious is how little people actually care care, lol. nfl was trending in the states on twitter yesterday, the conflict didn't even crack the top 20. Even when a lot of people were going to sleep, some loving vtuber thing trended nationally and I/P didn't

Zodium
Jun 19, 2004

Frosted Flake posted:

I think the Ford, worst case, might just do what the USN did in 1973: hastily spray paint Israeli insignia and transfer their own air group to the IAF. The only thing is, Israel's taken no air losses, so this would just be emotional support I guess?

In terms of direct US intervention, how?

Other than contributing to the air campaign, hoping for a repeat of Libya or whatever, trying to get some punches in on Syria and Iran, what could the US even do at the moment? I don't think any of the Marine air–ground task forces recalled people from leave or anything, not that landing a light infantry battalion in Haifa would make a difference.

think it's to deter anyone coming to the palestinians' aid.

mark immune
Dec 14, 2019

put the teacher in the cope cage imo

cut off their wooder

Frosted Flake
Sep 13, 2011

Semper Shitpost Ubique

FlapYoJacks posted:

Lmfao is Israel loses this war because they bombed Hezbollah.

I'm a bit confused about why they did that.

Not that Hezbollah is tailored for offensive operations, or at least, it's not the Syrian or Egyptian Army, but they can fire across the border and now that Northern Command has to be put on alert.

Ardennes
May 12, 2002
It is just the mask comes out when the Empire is under threat, it is easy to pretend you care about the Palestinians when they are weak and you know you can crush them. Once they show an ability to fight back, then all sympathy goes out the window.

Also, Ukraine was a relatively new addition to the empire and somewhat disposable, Israel has been under America's wing for 70 years at least. If Israel folds, so does America's influence in the Middle East.

They just extremely overextended themselves in Ukraine and now it is a panic.

The US' warstocks are clearly low as well. They really don't want a war with Iran or a proxy war against it on top of everything else.

Dokapon Findom
Dec 5, 2022

They hated Futanari because His posts were shit.
I love hamburgers!

Buddykins
Feb 12, 2011

lol

Frosted Flake
Sep 13, 2011

Semper Shitpost Ubique

Zodium posted:

think it's to deter anyone coming to the palestinians' aid.

I seem to remember the US has done this before.

Well, like I said, isn't it a marvellous coincidence that both the Iraqi and Syrian Armies were destroyed and the US is forced to maintain troops on their territory to fight ISIS?

Dokapon Findom
Dec 5, 2022

They hated Futanari because His posts were shit.

Sherbert Hoover posted:

imagine how scary it must be to walk through a field like that knowing that helicopters and jets are looking to vaporize you without warning

I've never understood or believed in martyrdom until 48 hours ago

Frosted Flake
Sep 13, 2011

Semper Shitpost Ubique

Dokapon Findom posted:

I've never understood or believed in martyrdom until 48 hours ago

🌿

Weka
May 5, 2019

That child totally had it coming. Nobody should be able to be out at dusk except cars.

Lpzie posted:

yup. so was i.

Didn't realize the Cuban Clown College took foreign students.

really queer Christmas posted:

Death to the burger posters

Inshallah!

stumblebum
May 8, 2022

no, what you want to do is get somebody mad enough to give you a red title you're proud of

Frosted Flake posted:

I'm a bit confused about why they did that.

Not that Hezbollah is tailored for offensive operations, or at least, it's not the Syrian or Egyptian Army, but they can fire across the border and now that Northern Command has to be put on alert.

maybe in the throes of their enraged fascist panic their units independently decided that lobbing across the border was a safer way to vent their frustration than standing up against the hamas titan?

DancingShade
Jul 26, 2007

by Fluffdaddy

Ardennes posted:

It is just the mask comes out when the Empire is under threat, it is easy to pretend you care about the Palestinians when they are weak and you know you can crush them. Once they show an ability to fight back, then all sympathy goes out the window.

Also, Ukraine was a relatively new addition to the empire and somewhat disposable, Israel has been under America's wing for 70 years at least. If Israel folds, so does America's influence in the Middle East.

They just extremely overextended themselves in Ukraine and now it is a panic.

The US' warstocks are clearly low as well. They really don't want a war with Iran or a proxy war against it on top of everything else.

With any luck the mask won't go back on. I much prefer people to speak directly instead of those politically correct euphemisms we adopted from the Soviets.

i say swears online
Mar 4, 2005

mark immune posted:

cut off their wooder

Ardennes
May 12, 2002

stumblebum posted:

maybe in the throes of their enraged fascist panic their units independently decided that lobbing across the border was a safer way to vent their frustration than standing up against the hamas titan?

Bibi needs to look tough at this point and any response has to be met with an overresponse, and now they are fighting on 2-3 fronts.

Frosted Flake
Sep 13, 2011

Semper Shitpost Ubique

stumblebum posted:

I'm thinking back to the Arab-Israeli wars and it seems like bombing everyone around them is practically a reflex at this point.

The reasoning might be "If Hezbollah is working with Hamas, we wouldn't be able to respond to a danger to the north once we've mobilized and sent forces south to Gaza and into the West Bank. Therefore, we must assume the worst case, that they are, and preemptively strike them, before we're vulnerable" or something like that.

Fat-Lip-Sum-41.mp3
Nov 15, 2003

mark immune posted:

cut off their wooder

do it mundy

tristeham
Jul 31, 2022
based palestine will defeat cringe israel

Ramadu
Aug 25, 2004

2015 NFL MVP

https://twitter.com/airbagged/status/1711139534140809693

webcams for christ
Nov 2, 2005

https://twitter.com/Seamus_Malek/status/1711496096113893717

smarxist
Jul 26, 2018

by Fluffdaddy

pretty dece squad tbqh

Spergin Morlock
Aug 8, 2009

remembering how I voted for this guy and puking in my mouth a little bit

Zodium
Jun 19, 2004

tristeham posted:

based palestine will defeat cringe israel

yellowcar
Feb 14, 2010

the last time the idf fought hezbollah, the idf got fuckin bodied

Sheng-Ji Yang
Mar 5, 2014

https://twitter.com/Babble____/status/1711447393734992080

Cheen
Apr 17, 2005

smarxist posted:

pretty dece squad tbqh

they forgot to add fiveish

Grem
Mar 29, 2004

It's how her species communicates

Remember in Desert Storm how Saddam got invaded and was like, gently caress it, let's bomb Israel, too?

RandomBlue
Dec 30, 2012

hay guys!

Biscuit Hider

"we conquered these places rightfully, it's ours"

err
Apr 11, 2005

I carry my own weight no matter how heavy this shit gets...
Ukraine/Russia really opened the door for average Westerners to casually watch and monitor graphic war footage. Very sick stuff and it should be called out every time.

Zodium
Jun 19, 2004

swelling with patriotic fervor :denmark:

Google Butt
Oct 4, 2005

Xenology is an unnatural mixture of science fiction and formal logic. At its core is a flawed assumption...

that an alien race would be psychologically human.

look, if the Palestinians would have just been content with dying quietly in a modest and respectful way, they wouldn't have to completely eradicated in the most violent way imaginable

Lpzie
Nov 20, 2006

Weka posted:

Didn't realize the Cuban Clown College took foreign students.

foreign huh.....

stumblebum
May 8, 2022

no, what you want to do is get somebody mad enough to give you a red title you're proud of
genuinely surprised that denmark blocked the withdrawal

Breakfast All Day
Oct 21, 2004

makes sense. luxembourgh are animals

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Al!
Apr 2, 2010

:coolspot::coolspot::coolspot::coolspot::coolspot:

Spergin Morlock posted:

remembering how I voted for this guy and puking in my mouth a little bit

so glad i didnt get bamboozled the second time around