Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Tankbuster
Oct 1, 2021
https://twitter.com/rajat_suresh/status/1711490230899855529

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

F_Shit_Fitzgerald
Feb 2, 2017
Probation
Can't post for 5 hours!

Glad to see Tux the Penguin on the right side here.

Zodium posted:

swelling with patriotic fervor :denmark:

:yeah:

Spergin Morlock
Aug 8, 2009

death to everyone interviewed in that clip

Brrrmph
Feb 27, 2016

Слава Україні!
any recommendations for books on the creation of modern Israel and the war crimes committed in establishing the nation?

Buddykins
Feb 12, 2011

israel's hosed

webcams for christ
Nov 2, 2005

https://twitter.com/Max_Fisher/status/1711369137941881293

Mia Wasikowska
Oct 7, 2006

err posted:

Ukraine/Russia really opened the door for average Westerners to casually watch and monitor graphic war footage. Very sick stuff and it should be called out every time.

everyone is a d&d syria poster now

Engorged Pedipalps
Apr 21, 2023

Kind of hosed up to put all these conscientious objectors up alongside a known antisemite like shadow the hedgehog

Pentecoastal Elites
Feb 27, 2007

If you don't want to wade into the muck to confirm some horror story you might as well assume it's true at this point. There doesn't seem to be any limit on the inhumanity.

FrancisFukyomama
Feb 4, 2019

does the Christian population of Lebanon hate Israel as much as the rest

smoobles
Sep 4, 2014

literally drinking a Guinness right now and raised it to my computer screen

edit:

Spaced God
Feb 8, 2014

All torment, trouble, wonder and amazement
Inhabits here: some heavenly power guide us
Out of this fearful country!

This won't matter in three weeks when we're launching patriot missiles at tehran

F_Shit_Fitzgerald
Feb 2, 2017
Probation
Can't post for 5 hours!
Dunno...imperial propaganda being almost immediately debunked like that seems significant to me, but I'm probably not cynical enough.

Dokapon Findom
Dec 5, 2022

They hated Futanari because His posts were shit.

Engorged Pedipalps posted:

Kind of hosed up to put all these conscientious objectors up alongside a known antisemite like shadow the hedgehog

Filled with pride this weekend after learning my great grandfather was a conscientious objector :3: He was sent overseas, but as a cook!

stumblebum
May 8, 2022

no, what you want to do is get somebody mad enough to give you a red title you're proud of

Spaced God posted:

This won't matter in three weeks when we're launching prematurely detonating patriot missiles at en route to tehran

Ardennes
May 12, 2002

Spaced God posted:

This won't matter in three weeks when we're launching patriot missiles at tehran

Pretty sad for America is they are reduced to firing anti-air missiles at another power.

Zisky
May 6, 2003

PM me and I will show you my tits

Dokapon Findom posted:

Filled with pride this weekend after learning my great grandfather was a conscientious objector :3: He was sent overseas, but as a cook!

Sounds like he was still supporting the war effort.

SpaceDrake
Dec 22, 2006

I can't avoid filling a game with awful memes, even if I want to. It's in my bones...!

Frosted Flake posted:

I'm thinking back to the Arab-Israeli wars and it seems like bombing everyone around them is practically a reflex at this point.

The reasoning might be "If Hezbollah is working with Hamas, we wouldn't be able to respond to a danger to the north once we've mobilized and sent forces south to Gaza and into the West Bank. Therefore, we must assume the worst case, that they are, and preemptively strike them, before we're vulnerable" or something like that.

They clearly do assume that, despite fifty years of history and imperial support and evolution, conditions are still basically that of 1967 and/or the Yom Kippur War, and so of course they need to attack first because they'll be under assault from all sides otherwise without having struck first.

And then there's the desire of folks like Bibi to be like the "heroes" they watched growing up (while safe in the States), not realizing that the IDF of 2023 is not the IDF of 1967 and conditions on the ground are completely different after half a century of history that didn't end.

mad.radhu
Jan 8, 2006

Fun Shoe

F_Shit_Fitzgerald posted:

Dunno...imperial propaganda being almost immediately debunked like that seems significant to me, but I'm probably not cynical enough.

It doesn't matter, war is inevitable

Spaced God
Feb 8, 2014

All torment, trouble, wonder and amazement
Inhabits here: some heavenly power guide us
Out of this fearful country!

Ardennes posted:

Pretty sad for America is they are reduced to firing anti-air missiles at another power.

Or tomahawk or whatever the gently caress I'm not very good at whatever catchy name they apply to their wedding smasher 9000

Dokapon Findom
Dec 5, 2022

They hated Futanari because His posts were shit.

Zisky posted:

Sounds like he was still supporting the war effort.

Everyone has to eat :shrug:

Fuckt Tupp
Apr 19, 2007

Science

glad that moomin is on the right side of history

The Oldest Man
Jul 28, 2003

smoobles posted:

literally drinking a Guinness right now and raised it to my computer screen

edit:

Ireland continues to be based

Al!
Apr 2, 2010

:coolspot::coolspot::coolspot::coolspot::coolspot:

err posted:

Ukraine/Russia really opened the door for average Westerners to casually watch and monitor graphic war footage

tell me you werent around for the afghanistan war without telling me

RandomBlue
Dec 30, 2012

hay guys!

Biscuit Hider

Pentecoastal Elites posted:

If you don't want to wade into the muck to confirm some horror story you might as well assume it's true at this point. There doesn't seem to be any limit on the inhumanity.

you beat me to it

syq sniper

e: this only applies to Palestenians, they've already convinced themselves Israel shutting off food, water, power and fuel is really just a minor inconvenience and not at all genocide

RandomBlue has issued a correction as of 23:05 on Oct 9, 2023

Brogeoisie
Jan 12, 2005

"Look, I'm a private citizen," he said. "One thing that I don't have to do is sit here and open my kimono as it relates to how much money I make or didn't."

It was put out by the WSJ middle east oil reporter to juice crude oil price. It's pretty clear they made it up, in fact her old boss calls her a liar as does an AL Jazeera reporter

https://twitter.com/zenjournalist/status/1711349508733280349?t=zQ86XdSYagh36Lkp3Jd05w&s=19

The Oldest Man
Jul 28, 2003

Spaced God posted:

Or tomahawk or whatever the gently caress I'm not very good at whatever catchy name they apply to their wedding smasher 9000

the upgraded models can smash any kind of party, it doesnt even need to be a wedding

Second Hand Meat Mouth
Sep 12, 2001

Brogeoisie posted:

It was put out by the WSJ middle east oil reporter to juice crude oil price. It's pretty clear they made it up, in fact her old boss calls her a liar as does an AL Jazeera reporter

https://twitter.com/zenjournalist/status/1711349508733280349?t=zQ86XdSYagh36Lkp3Jd05w&s=19

this is cancel culture

Frosted Flake
Sep 13, 2011

Semper Shitpost Ubique

The Israeli Defense Forces: an organizational perspective posted:

"Ideology: The level of tolerance for casualties in the IDF is very low. Indeed, many operational decisions are made strictly on the basis of pos- sible friendly losses. While this has a tremendous impact on the soldiers' morale (they know that their lives will not be risked frivolously), it can also be used against the IDF by its enemies [Ref. 8:p. 206]. President Nasser of Egypt once said, "...I cannot conquer Sinai, but I can grind Israel down and break her spirit." [Ref. 9:p. 182] The memories of the Nazi Holocaust make the Israelis extremely sensitive to any loss of life."

"All IDF doctrine was based on the understanding that there would be at least a 48-hour warning prior to an Arab attack in which to mobilize the reserves."

"During this period, there arose a small group of middle- class intellectuals in Israel who challenged the levels of military spending as well as the morality of holding onto the captured territories. Though their impact remained small, they served to undermine unity in national security efforts."

"The values of a consumer society adversely affected the IDF. Reports of lower performance standards, faulty equipment mainte- nance, and loose inventory control were pervasive."

"The failure of the intelligence community to give ade- quate warning nearly cost Israel its very existence. The defense concept of Israel had always been based upon the fact that warnings of hostile intentions would be received in sufficient time to mobilize the reserves. In effect, Israeli Intelligence failed to properly evaluate the material it had collected. "

"In some respects, Israeli leadership, both military and civil- ian, had become anchored to the opinion or belief that the Arabs simply would not attack again. Despite overwhelming evidence to the contrry, the leadership chose to close its collective eyes, allowing the IDF to be surprised on 6 October."

"The mission of the supporting staff of the IDF is to maintain the capability to fight a sustained battle for 28 days [Ref. 4:p. 12]. Lessons from 1973 had been well learned and 'from a logistic point of view, the army was far superior to anything that had been known hitherto.'"

"The ethical foundations of the IDF were severely tested during this war (Lebanon). For the first time in its history, the IDF was called upon to fight in an urban environment, with all the inherent dangers and moral conflicts. The IDF operates within the doctrine of Tohar Haneshek or purity of arms. Fundamentally, this doctrine calls for the use of the defense forces only in defense of the Jewish state and the Jewish population. The doctrine calls for extremely rigid rules of moral behavior on the part of all IDF soldiers and extends to the treatment of injured or captured enemy soldiers and civilians. The Israeli attempts to clear the PLO from heavily populated areas were difficult given the nature of their moral strictures. Soldiers were forbidden to throw hand grenades into houses or use satchel charges, both common urban tactics. Instead, the IDF attempted to maintain its moral legitimacy by offering warnings to its enemies, even at the cost of increased Israeli casualties. They felt that on balance their men would fight more effectively if they did not harbor doubts about the morality of their operations [Ref. 4:p. 174]. While they were largely successful in their aims, it is also true that '...dozens of officers and men chose to stand trial and serve jail sentences rather than serve in Lebanon.'"

(It turns out you can just dehumanize your enemy and fight a racial holy war and that solves that problem)

"Although the threat has varied from invasion by outsiders to dispossessed inhabitants who wish to return to Israel on their own terms, it has never diminished. The IDF remains the foundation for the future of the state of Israel. The feeling persists among the citizenry that if the IDF should ever falter or significantly weaken, then the survival of the nation is doubtful."

"The key focus of the IDF's organizational structure remains on maximizing readiness. "

"The Merkava tank is unique in that its design is centered around crew protection. Israel realizes that manpower is one of its most crucial resources and has designed their main battle tank accordingly. Special designs include self- sealing fuel tanks, fireproof ammunition containers, immediate fire sen- sors and suppression system."

"Lessons from Lebanon and the Intifada have convinced the IDF leadership of the need for mobile infantry forces that have the training and capability to conduct extensive dismounted operations. This new thinking has evolved despite the traditional Israeli fear of unacceptable loss of life in dismounted actions [Ref. 4:p. 203). Although recent activities in the occupied territories have occupied the elite infantry units in police-type operations, repeated efforts have been made to balance this work with training in the soldiers' actual combat missions."

"The reserve forces of the IDF can be required to train for up to 60 days per year [Ref. 25:p. 501. Most reservists are assigned to a partic- ular unit, however, and train about one day per month with a 31-day annual recall. Reserve officers are required to train an extra seven days [Ref. 32:p. 211. Needless to say, this puts a tremendous strain on Israel's economy, and improved training techniques are constantly sought to maximize the training time which is available. In particular, the IDF has incorporated computer simulation training that "...ranges from war gam- ing to tank gunnery and individual weapons training." [Ref. 25:p. 501 Almost all available training time is devoted to increasing or refreshing combat fighting skills."

" One part of the training program of the IDF which is in no way simulated is the rigid physical fitness regimen required of all its soldiers. The IDF program differs from that of the U.S. in that each branch of the service designs a program that suits the military tasks its soldiers must perform. For example, while the program for the infantry emphasizes strength, endurance, and flexibility, the program for pilots stresses endurance, coordination, and strengthening of the neck, back and abdo-
men muscles [Ref. 34:p. 59]."

"Instead of a long morning run, the soldiers of the IDF are required to run just two kilometers, but in 6 to 10 minutes. The entire physical training period lasts only about 15 to 20 minutes."

A war of 28 days fought by soldiers that train 12 days a year and run for 15 minutes at a time. What could go wrong?

Ardennes
May 12, 2002
Admittedly, Iran probably was in the loop to a degree (via Hezbollah) but honestly, I think Hamas saw an opportunity and took it. They wanted to screw up Saudi recognition, and they knew the US is extremely distracted and Sukkot would be the prime opportunity.

Now Israel is mired, and the US is eventually going to have to be pulled more and more in.

Al!
Apr 2, 2010

:coolspot::coolspot::coolspot::coolspot::coolspot:

Brogeoisie posted:

summer's pfp lol

webcams for christ
Nov 2, 2005

https://twitter.com/spectatorindex/status/1711499346557161814

FormaldehydeSon
Oct 1, 2011

Glad to see Tux the Penguin on the right side here.

:yeah:

I'll never tolerate pingu erasure

Hammerstein
May 6, 2005

YOU DON'T KNOW A DAMN THING ABOUT RACING !

The fascists and the colonizers, finally united under one banner.

SirPablo
May 1, 2004

Pillbug

Spergin Morlock posted:

remembering how I voted for this guy and puking in my mouth a little bit

Obamna

Honky Mao
Dec 26, 2012

We have to defend ourselves from the people we locked in a gigantic prison

Zoeb
Oct 8, 2023

Dislike me? Don't spend $10 on a title. Donate to the Palestinian Red Crescent or Doctors Without Borders
https://www.palestinercs.org/en
https://www.doctorswithoutborders.org/

Honky Mao posted:

We have to defend ourselves from the people we locked in a gigantic prison

why is the whole ruling class like this?

Regarde Aduck
Oct 19, 2012

c l o u d k i t t e n
Grimey Drawer

Zoeb posted:

why is the whole ruling class like this?

the bourgeoisie are not human

inferis
Dec 30, 2003

Brrrmph posted:

any recommendations for books on the creation of modern Israel and the war crimes committed in establishing the nation?

The Ethnic Cleansing of Palestine - Ilan Pappé

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

DancingShade
Jul 26, 2007

by Fluffdaddy

Sorry Ukraine we're redirecting all the aide to real Israel.