Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Henchman of Santa
Aug 21, 2010

repiv posted:

AI is taking jobs away from hard-working fans

It’s hosed up and woke that the woman running around the Rockies and Mojave Desert in a post-apocalyptic tribal society isn’t doing a makeup routine every day.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

credburn
Jun 22, 2016
President, Founder of the Brent Spiner Fan Club
Also: why aren't any of the robot dinosaurs sexy?

HopperUK
Apr 29, 2007

Why would an ambulance be leaving the hospital?

credburn posted:

They aren't? this is very concerning

emSparkly
Nov 21, 2022

I'm open to interpretation!

credburn posted:

They are though? You really need to reevaluate your standards of robot dinosaur beauty. All that time jerking it to your Japanese anime dinosaurs instead of the real thing has rotted your brain.

Kantesu
Apr 21, 2010

Henchman of Santa posted:

It’s hosed up and woke that the woman running around the Rockies and Mojave Desert in a post-apocalyptic tribal society isn’t doing a makeup routine every day.

Also women should never make any expression except extremely forced-looking customer service smiles

Yngwie Mangosteen
Aug 23, 2007

Kantesu posted:

Also women should never make any expression except extremely forced-looking customer service smiles

This is because that's their only experience of what women look like.

Kantesu
Apr 21, 2010

Yngwie Mangosteen posted:

This is because that's their only experience of what women look like.

I mean I expect a lot of women have given them the look from the actual game screen shot, just maybe not to their face.

tokin opposition
Apr 8, 2021

I don't jailbreak the androids, I set them free.

WATCH MARS EXPRESS (2023)
sims 2 rear end looking face, pathetic

Zebulon
Aug 20, 2005

Oh god why does it burn?!

repiv posted:

AI is taking jobs away from hard-working fans

This one is so much more hilarious because the picture on the right was explicitly made to mock people like him whining that Aloy looked like an actual human being instead of a Barbie doll. That and the idiots (including that guy IIRC) whining she had peachfuzz in some of the renders/screenshots.

Cable Guy
Jul 18, 2005

I don't expect any trouble, but we'll be handing these out later...

Slippery Tilde

Squidster posted:

I have prepared this visual aid to resolve all questions
Not Art

Not Art

Not Art

Not Art

Art

Jezza of OZPOS
Mar 21, 2018

GET LOSE❌🗺️, YOUS CAN'T COMPARE😤 WITH ME 💪POWERS🇦🇺
i wanted to see if the android awful app imgur embedding was broken yet so hopefully here is one of my favourite standout moments of terfs being the dumbest people imaginable

dialhforhero
Apr 3, 2008
Am I 🧑‍🏫 out of touch🤔? No🧐, it's the children👶 who are wrong🤷🏼‍♂️

Platystemon posted:

There’s a time skip, so she’s in her late teens in the sequel.

:staredog: yikes.

Schubalts
Nov 26, 2007

People say bigger is better.

But for the first time in my life, I think I've gone too far.
Thinking back to that creepass mother fucker who came into Geop's let's play thread for the first game, and posted talking about basically making Ellie (middle school age) a baby factory to get her immunity genes into the gene pool.

Agents are GO!
Dec 29, 2004

tokin opposition posted:

lol keep going I'm almost convinced by your dipshit opinions. Any other kind of art actually a waste of time?

Arsenic Lupin
Apr 12, 2012

This particularly rapid💨 unintelligible 😖patter💁 isn't generally heard🧏‍♂️, and if it is🤔, it doesn't matter💁.

I would rather have weed than coffee stuffed with butter any day, and I don't even like weed.

BaronVonVaderham
Jul 31, 2011

All hail the queen!

Zebulon posted:

This one is so much more hilarious because the picture on the right was explicitly made to mock people like him whining that Aloy looked like an actual human being instead of a Barbie doll. That and the idiots (including that guy IIRC) whining she had peachfuzz in some of the renders/screenshots.

I'm surprised no one has mentioned the extra layer to this: the left image is not from the game, it's also fake.

Squidster
Oct 7, 2008

✋😢Life's just better with Ominous Gloves🤗🧤

Cable Guy posted:

Not Art

Not Art

Not Art

Not Art

Art
I stand corrected for 3-4 hours per pill

Midnight Voyager
Jul 2, 2008

Lipstick Apathy

Schubalts posted:

Thinking back to that creepass mother fucker who came into Geop's let's play thread for the first game, and posted talking about basically making Ellie (middle school age) a baby factory to get her immunity genes into the gene pool.

eeeeeeeeeuh

PurpleXVI
Oct 30, 2011

Spewing insults, pissing off all your neighbors, betraying your allies, backing out of treaties and accords, and generally screwing over the global environment?
ALL PART OF MY BRILLIANT STRATEGY!

Schubalts posted:

The LP subforum doesn't get a lot of weirdos, but the weirdos we do get are legendary.

tokin opposition
Apr 8, 2021

I still laugh to myself sometimes that goons invented let's plays as a term

kirbysuperstar
Nov 11, 2012

Let the fools who stand before us be destroyed by the power you and I possess.

PurpleXVI posted:

The LP subforum doesn't get a lot of weirdos, but the weirdos we do get are legendary.

Rip Richard gamingo who I think ended up on Reddit talking about drinking his own piss

tokin opposition
Apr 8, 2021

Cable Guy posted:

Not Art

Not Art

Not Art

Not Art

Art

Is it art or isn't it? Surely a Creative question. Touch the ART button if the word is a form of ART. Touch the NOT ART button if it's NOT.

IYKYK

Rev. Bleech_
Oct 19, 2004

~OKAY, WE'LL DRINK TO OUR LEGS!~

Perestroika posted:

God, that poo poo was so insanely bad:

https://twitter.com/GeorgeCrudo/status/1709679519357899015

Just a complete failure to understand the point of character design. After all, who wants characters looking like anything vaguely recognizable or thematic when instead they could just have generic zoolander-rear end pretty faces?!

...Blue Steeel?

Mister Speaker
May 8, 2007

WE WILL CONTROL
ALL THAT YOU SEE
AND HEAR
But... why male models?

Ghost Leviathan
Mar 2, 2017

Exploration is ill-advised.
Zoolander and Metal Gear do feel like a natural match.

The Saddest Rhino
Apr 29, 2009

Put it all together.
Solve the world.
One conversation at a time.

Midnight Voyager
Jul 2, 2008

Lipstick Apathy
It removes Snake's pouty lips, the real crime. But really, it just changes the entire shape of his face. If you look at that exact angle, it has the same silhouette, but the topology of that face is so different.

https://twitter.com/GeorgeCrudo/status/1709680623554544005

Also this one is just a different guy. It doesn't have being a fairly low poly translation to excuse it, that's just not the same guy.

grittyreboot
Oct 2, 2012

So it just turns them into CW actors?

Sally
Jan 9, 2007

Don't post Small Dash!

PurpleXVI posted:

lol yup.

Inceltown
Aug 6, 2019

https://twitter.com/elonmusk/status/1711411592431124587

Hihohe
Oct 4, 2008

Fuck you and the sun you live under

I dont know why its supposed to be a retort to slavery being bad that it "was practiced everywhere"...

like... yeah?
and it was bad then as well.
is a point trying to be made?

also wasnt the human sacrifice in the Aztec empire way overblown?

sick of Applebees
Nov 7, 2008

tokin opposition posted:

Is it art or isn't it? Surely a Creative question. Touch the ART button if the word is a form of ART. Touch the NOT ART button if it's NOT.

IYKYK

I'm trying to find how loss works in the record player

Samovar
Jun 4, 2011

When I want to relax, I read an essay by Engels. When I want something more serious, I read Corto Maltese.

PurpleXVI posted:

The one that sticks in my mind is the goon who had a screaming meltdown in Chip and Ironicus' LP of the last Uncharted game after everyone told him his critique of a scene was utterly hackneyed and trite.

credburn
Jun 22, 2016
President, Founder of the Brent Spiner Fan Club

Slavery only rare since last century.

Cloacamazing!
Apr 18, 2018

Too cute to be evil

Hihohe posted:

I dont know why its supposed to be a retort to slavery being bad that it "was practiced everywhere"...

like... yeah?
and it was bad then as well.
is a point trying to be made?

As we all know, if everybody does something, that automatically means it's good and okay.

sick of Applebees
Nov 7, 2008
That's why Elon's disappointed, he wants it to be at least epic, or legendary

Nebrilos
Oct 9, 2012
Did any did any New World precolonial peoples practice human sacrifice besides the Aztecs?

Arsenic Lupin
Apr 12, 2012

This particularly rapid💨 unintelligible 😖patter💁 isn't generally heard🧏‍♂️, and if it is🤔, it doesn't matter💁.

Nebrilos posted:

Did any did any New World precolonial peoples practice human sacrifice besides the Aztecs?

Yes, the Inca, but it wasn't war captives; some accounts say it was quasi voluntary. In any case, there are multiple mummified corpses of Inca sacrifices.

Also, there are depictions of human sacrifice at the Mayan Chichen Itza.

Arsenic Lupin has a new favorite as of 06:09 on Oct 10, 2023

PringleCreamEgg
Jul 2, 2004

Sleep, rest, do your best.
Also a good reminder that Columbus was seen as a monster even in his own time by contemporary sources due to his cruelty and refusal to baptize the indigenous populations (because then it would be immoral to enslave them).

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Byzantine
Sep 1, 2007

Hihohe posted:

No, they keep finding piles of hundreds of skulls in the temples.

Nebrilos posted:

Yes, the Cahokians and Natchez in North America. There's a mass grave across the Mississippi River from St Louis called Mound 72.

Some of the deep water-filled pits at the Mayans threw human sacrifices into are actually the edge of the ancient crater from the impact that killed off the dinosaurs.

Byzantine has a new favorite as of 06:23 on Oct 10, 2023