Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Cease to Hope
Dec 12, 2011

lmao that this also announces a new emperor's children army book for 30K

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Cooked Auto
Aug 4, 2007

Pretty sure they announced that book a while back though.

Virtual Russian
Sep 15, 2008

X-Posting

Virtual Russian posted:

After a bit of a break I've managed to finish some minis.

A handful of Vostroyans for my combat patrol

Plus a WIP shot of the Vostroyan Bombast I'm converting for the aforementioned combat patrol

Nothing glued down yet, everything will be painted in subassemblies too. Next step is sculpting though.

Harvey Mantaco
Mar 6, 2007

Someone please help me find my keys =(
Xpost from the minis thread. Technically he's gonna be a scarbrand substitute for aos though.

Harvey Mantaco fucked around with this message at 23:31 on Oct 9, 2023

jadebullet
Mar 25, 2011

MY LIFE FOR YOU!
I have completed my Celestial Lions Chapter Master. I'm pretty happy with how it turned out. It's the first model I've completed in a while.

Edit: Jesus, that Angron is awesome! I love the hands on the base.

jadebullet fucked around with this message at 23:40 on Oct 9, 2023

Captain Magic
Apr 4, 2005

Yes, we have feathers--but the muscles of men.
Hell yeah to all this awesome mini posting

BizarroAzrael
Apr 6, 2006

"That must weigh heavily on your soul. Let me purge it for you."

Harvey Mantaco posted:

Xpost from the minis thread. Technically he's gonna be a scarbrand substitute for aos though.

You've got red on you mate.

Do models go out of print/stock for extended periods? I recall there was discussion about scheduling factor time and stuff is queued way in advance. Hellblasters seem to be sold out at all the discounters, Azrael too (possibly not a coincidence) Do I just have to pay GW prices sometimes?

S.J.
May 19, 2008

Just who the hell do you think we are?

BizarroAzrael posted:

You've got red on you mate.

Do models go out of print/stock for extended periods? I recall there was discussion about scheduling factor time and stuff is queued way in advance. Hellblasters seem to be sold out at all the discounters, Azrael too (possibly not a coincidence) Do I just have to pay GW prices sometimes?

Yes, and it's way worse now than its basically ever been. Lots of stuff is constantly going out of stock.

Captain Magic
Apr 4, 2005

Competitive and meta chasing seems to really drain places of stock, as whatever is the current hotness is almost always either gone or wildly inflated on eBay. I've sometimes had luck finding used, built models on small shops with Facebook presence. The flip side to that is that when an army is truly bad, it's easy to find for cheap--I saw a lot of people selling huge Necron armies for cheap like a year ago before Arks of Omen came out and upended their rules.

Best way I've found to think about it is that by the time I actually got something, built it, and painted it, the meta will have shifted and it would probably be easier and cheaper to find again*. I have plenty to work on in the meantime.

*except for War Dogs. They never go out of style.

Edgar Allen Ho
Apr 3, 2017

by sebmojo
I've got the trillion buck platinum JoeCoin if anyone has an nib arbites kill team

AndyElusive
Jan 7, 2007

jadebullet posted:

I have completed my Celestial Lions Chapter Master. I'm pretty happy with how it turned out. It's the first model I've completed in a while.

Wow. This rules.

(Keep assassin's away from him)

Harvey Mantaco posted:

:discourse:

coelomate
Oct 21, 2020

can’t stop thinking about how cool the 2019 chaos terminators look to my eyes that stopped looking at terminators in 2011

Nazzadan
Jun 22, 2016

Chaos termies are probably my favorite kit in the range, other than maybe the dark apostle

Lady Militant
Apr 8, 2020

The history of all hitherto existing society is the history of class struggles.

coelomate posted:

DC area seems really active. You could probably check Best Coast Pairings event schedules to get a good first pass.

Oh poo poo DC area??? I live in mclean and have been wondering where to start to get into the game. my army is actually ready to play now!!

EDIT: I also had a question for the thread, Iv got a leman russ demolisher missing one it's track assemblys, like the half that holds the tracks. But iv got the other and the body of the tank and turrets. Would it be possible to find someone with a 3d printer that could print me the replacement part, or am I SOL?

coelomate
Oct 21, 2020

Lady Militant posted:

Oh poo poo DC area??? I live in mclean and have been wondering where to start to get into the game. my army is actually ready to play now!!

Do I ever have great news for you! Huzzah Hobbies a bit west of you is absurdly active. A room with 16+ wargaming tables separate from the TCG area, and a bar for good measure.

They announced a 32 person GT tournament last Saturday just before an RTT kicked off, and it sold out 15 minutes later. The related Plastic Crack Anonymous discord is likewise popping off, and has a new-to-matched-play LFG channel.

I also had a great experience at the Games Workshop in Springfield. They do gaming and painting demos, and when I talked to the guy there, he offered to do the demo game against my models at whatever points value I wanted.

DandyLion
Jun 24, 2010
disrespectul Deciever

This is so good its almost enraging to look at.

Cessna
Feb 20, 2013

KHABAHBLOOOM

Always good to see Vostroyans!

Beerdeer
Apr 25, 2006

Frank Herbert's Dude
Rogue Trader itself was pretty useless as a wargame. The expansions turned it into something more legible. There were the Compendium, Chapter Approved, Waaagh the Orks, etc. They standardized the stuff coming from White Dwarf into something unwieldy but stable.

Decorus
Aug 26, 2015

I especially love the cannon! (Also Vostoyans in general)

Harvey Mantaco posted:

Amazing angry red man!

jadebullet posted:

The OSL on that dude is really cool!

Super Waffle
Sep 25, 2007

I'm a hermaphrodite and my parents (40K nerds) named me Slaanesh, THANKS MOM
I was just reading the new boxed game article up on WarCom, is this the first hard confirmation that the Demiurge were the Leagues of Votann?

quote:

Battlefleet Gothic is probably the smallest-scale miniatures game we’ve ever produced, reducing miles-long interstellar battleships down to miniatures sitting between just 2cm and 10cm. The combat was similarly colossal, flinging munitions designed to level cities and firing lance batteries with the power to turn continents to glass. The Imperial (Space Marines, Imperial Navy, and Adeptus Mechanicus) and Chaos fleets received the bulk of the miniatures, but Orks, Aeldari, T’au, Tyranids, and Necrons all got in on the space combat action. Even the Leagues of Votann showed up – technically. They were called Demiurg at the time.

Safety Factor
Oct 31, 2009

Grimey Drawer

coelomate posted:

DC area seems really active.

Lady Militant posted:

Oh poo poo DC area???
If y'all're in DC you have one of the biggest ham conventions right at your doorstep with NOVA. It was at the Washington Hilton this year; it's always on Labor Day weekend. I'm not a local, but I've been to three NOVAs and it's a great event with a ton of options even if competitive 40k isn't your thing. I mostly go for 30k and Titanicus, but take a look at this year's schedule to see what else could be available. Games tend to be offered in multiple formats as well.

This is just an observation, but the DC/Northern Virginia area seems pretty active with a number of good groups if the folks at NOVA are any indication.

Cease to Hope
Dec 12, 2011

Super Waffle posted:

I was just reading the new boxed game article up on WarCom, is this the first hard confirmation that the Demiurge were the Leagues of Votann?

no, the initial codex mentioned it

AnEdgelord
Dec 12, 2016

Cease to Hope posted:

no, the initial codex mentioned it

Even the marketing campaign leading up to the codex mentioned it

jadebullet
Mar 25, 2011

MY LIFE FOR YOU!
drat, I saw Battlefleet Gothic appear in the thread related to a Warcom article and I got my hopes up.

Hatedad
Dec 2, 2020
Question for building up a Daemon army, specifically about Pink/Blue Horrors -
To have a full unit of Horrors, do I need to buy the $45 Pink Horror box and the $45 Blue Horror Box, then just keep the blue/brimstones in reserves? Stinks to spend $90 per 140-worth of points, especially when I want two or three clumps of them on my board

E. Nesbit
Mar 18, 2009

Eat two dicks and call me in the morning.

Hatedad posted:

Question for building up a Daemon army, specifically about Pink/Blue Horrors -
To have a full unit of Horrors, do I need to buy the $45 Pink Horror box and the $45 Blue Horror Box, then just keep the blue/brimstones in reserves? Stinks to spend $90 per 140-worth of points, especially when I want two or three clumps of them on my board

The way split currently works you could probably get by with 1 or 2 blue horror boxes per 2 or 3 pink horror units.

Kitchner
Nov 9, 2012

IT CAN'T BE BARGAINED WITH.
IT CAN'T BE REASONED WITH.
IT DOESN'T FEEL PITY, OR REMORSE, OR FEAR.
AND IT ABSOLUTELY WILL NOT STOP, EVER, UNTIL YOU ADMIT YOU'RE WRONG ABOUT WARHAMMER
Clapping Larry

E. Nesbit posted:

The way split currently works you could probably get by with 1 or 2 blue horror boxes per 2 or 3 pink horror units.

Probably even less, it's unlikely your opponent will do chip damage to 2/3 units at a time, they are more likely to focus fire until they are dead.

I don't think I'd recommend buying more than 2 boxes of blues/brimstones.

Eej
Jun 17, 2007

HEAVYARMS
Bring a Tupperware of blue primed horrors = to your pink horrors everywhere you go and place it under the table as an intimidation tactic

Lady Militant
Apr 8, 2020

The history of all hitherto existing society is the history of class struggles.

coelomate posted:

Do I ever have great news for you! Huzzah Hobbies a bit west of you is absurdly active. A room with 16+ wargaming tables separate from the TCG area, and a bar for good measure.

They announced a 32 person GT tournament last Saturday just before an RTT kicked off, and it sold out 15 minutes later. The related Plastic Crack Anonymous discord is likewise popping off, and has a new-to-matched-play LFG channel.

I also had a great experience at the Games Workshop in Springfield. They do gaming and painting demos, and when I talked to the guy there, he offered to do the demo game against my models at whatever points value I wanted.

Ill check that place out and that discord. What I'm really looking for atm is a place to learn and grow an understanding of how to play with my first army, rather than anything tournament related.

coelomate
Oct 21, 2020

Lady Militant posted:

Ill check that place out and that discord. What I'm really looking for atm is a place to learn and grow an understanding of how to play with my first army, rather than anything tournament related.

I hear you, I just mentioned the tournaments as a proxy for “lots of active players.” Folks also play crusade campaigns and do hobby days and all that good stuff, from what I’ve seen (only been twice myself so far)

Captain Magic
Apr 4, 2005

Found some war dogs on ebay for basically MSRP; got 'emmmm

jadebullet
Mar 25, 2011

MY LIFE FOR YOU!
Finished another Celestial Lion. This time it is a Primaris Chaplain.

Improbable Lobster
Jan 6, 2012

"From each according to his ability" said Ares. It sounded like a quotation.
Buglord

jadebullet posted:

gently caress yeah, that's such a good model and a great paintjob

Professor Shark
May 22, 2012

jadebullet posted:

Hell yeah

Weird Pumpkin
Oct 7, 2007

Everyone else's models look so incredible, and that one with the red hands is so good it's insane!

I painted 3 more models last night, and I think they turned out pretty dang good.

The faces turned out a lot better, but they're still a little bit messy around the edges of the hair, as shown in this picture below:

I think I need to bust out the detail brush for the faces, and also I think going forward I'll paint the face first, then the hair after since it's easier to paint the edge of the hair than the edge of the face. Just makes more sense to me. I actually blended the hair myself to make it a bit of a lighter shade of red, though I think I'm going to go even lighter, or maybe take it darker to more of a brown for the next set :hmmyes:

Seems like it'd be fun to have them have slightly different shades of red across them since I don't believe they're like.. actually clones?

Once I finish the battlesisters I'll probably go back and ink them all at the same time with the Druchei violet ink.

Do you guys varnish your models when you're done? One of the people I played with recommended it, but I think it heavily varies

Spanish Manlove
Aug 31, 2008

HAILGAYSATAN
If I plan on using them in games I will always varnish them

coelomate
Oct 21, 2020

I was a varnish skeptic, but the clear semi-gloss matte from GW works great. Not really glossy, and seems to make all the paint blend a little more smoothly. And I assume is protecting from dings and scratches and fingers.

Veritas
Aug 20, 2003
Quick question for any Death Guard players or just anyone who knows 40k 10th edition better than me: which new dataslate contagion would you use going into Imperial Guard? Their tanks with a 2+ but lacking an invuln make me want to lower saves by 1, but the massed infantry and weight of dice and whatnot make me want to lower WS/BS by 1. Any help? Tentative list below, leaders going where you think they are (I've got Morty, but decided not to run him, I've used him for a couple games and am kind of sick of having to keep PBCs near him early game for the LoV wombo combo).

If it's useful, my matchup this weekend said he'd definitely be running mixed armor and infantry, with at least 60 infantry. I always lose to this guy and want to give him a run for his money if at all possible :)

Down with Cadia (2000 Points)
Death Guard Plague Company Strike Force (2000 Points)

CHARACTERS
Death Guard Chaos Lord (75 Points)
• 1x Plague combi-bolter 1x Plague-encrusted exalted weapon
• Enhancements: The Droning (Aura) [mostly to dump my last 10 points, not a huge fan of this]

Death Guard Daemon Prince (175 Points)
• 1x Hellforged weapons 1x Plague spewer
• Enhancements: Deadly Pathogen

Death Guard Icon Bearer (45 Points)
• 1x Plague boltgun 1x Plague knife

Lord of Virulence (100 Points)
• 1x Heavy plague fist 1x Twin plague spewer

Typhus (100 Points)
• Warlord
• 1x Master-crafted manreaper

BATTLELINE
Plague Marines (160 Points)
• 1x Plague Champion
• 1x Bubotic weapons 1x Plasma gun
• 9x Plague Marine
• 2x Blight launcher 2x Bubotic weapons 1x Heavy plague weapon 2x Plague belcher 9x Plague knives 2x Plague spewer

DEDICATED TRANSPORTS
Death Guard Rhino (75 Points)
• 1x Armoured tracks 1x Havoc launcher 1x Plague combi-bolter 1x Plague combi-bolter

OTHER DATASHEETS
Death Guard Cultists (50 Points)
• 1x Death Guard Cultist Champion
• 1x Brutal assault weapon 1x Cultist firearm
• 9x Death Guard Cultist
• 9x Brutal assault weapon 6x Cultist firearm 1x Flamer 1x Grenade launcher 1x Heavy stubber

Death Guard Helbrute (140 Points)
• 1x Close combat weapon 1x Helbrute fist 1x Multi-melta 1x Plague combi-bolter

Deathshroud Terminators (250 Points)
• 1x Deathshroud Champion
• 1x Manreaper 1x Plaguespurt gauntlet 1x Plaguespurt gauntlet
• 5x Deathshroud Terminator
• 5x Manreaper 5x Plaguespurt gauntlet

Foetid Bloat-Drone (100 Points)
• 1x Fleshmower 1x Plague probe

Plagueburst Crawler (165 Points)
• 1x Armoured tracks 2x Entropy cannon 1x Heavy slugger 1x Plagueburst mortar

Poxwalkers (100 Points)
• 20x Poxwalker
• 20x Improvised weapon

ALLIED UNITS
Nurglings (35 Points) • 3x Nurgling Swarm • 3x Diseased claws and teeth

ro5s
Dec 27, 2012

A happy little mouse!

Veritas posted:

Quick question for any Death Guard players or just anyone who knows 40k 10th edition better than me: which new dataslate contagion would you use going into Imperial Guard? Their tanks with a 2+ but lacking an invuln make me want to lower saves by 1, but the massed infantry and weight of dice and whatnot make me want to lower WS/BS by 1. Any help? Tentative list below, leaders going where you think they are (I've got Morty, but decided not to run him, I've used him for a couple games and am kind of sick of having to keep PBCs near him early game for the LoV wombo combo).

If it's useful, my matchup this weekend said he'd definitely be running mixed armor and infantry, with at least 60 infantry. I always lose to this guy and want to give him a run for his money if at all possible :)

-1 WS/BS IMO, even with -1 save you can't kill the tanks because of their toughness so the better option is to just try and neutralize their shooting. The BS penalty stacks with cloud of flies or the penalty for being in combat, so just by tagging tanks you can smack them with an effective -2 to hit even if you're not killing them.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Devorum
Jul 30, 2005

Veritas posted:

Down with Cadia (2000 Points)
Death Guard Plague Company Strike Force (2000 Points)

CHARACTERS
Death Guard Chaos Lord (75 Points)
• 1x Plague combi-bolter 1x Plague-encrusted exalted weapon
• Enhancements: The Droning (Aura) [mostly to dump my last 10 points, not a huge fan of this]

Death Guard Daemon Prince (175 Points)
• 1x Hellforged weapons 1x Plague spewer
• Enhancements: Deadly Pathogen

Death Guard Icon Bearer (45 Points)
• 1x Plague boltgun 1x Plague knife

Lord of Virulence (100 Points)
• 1x Heavy plague fist 1x Twin plague spewer

Typhus (100 Points)
• Warlord
• 1x Master-crafted manreaper

BATTLELINE
Plague Marines (160 Points)
• 1x Plague Champion
• 1x Bubotic weapons 1x Plasma gun
• 9x Plague Marine
• 2x Blight launcher 2x Bubotic weapons 1x Heavy plague weapon 2x Plague belcher 9x Plague knives 2x Plague spewer

DEDICATED TRANSPORTS
Death Guard Rhino (75 Points)
• 1x Armoured tracks 1x Havoc launcher 1x Plague combi-bolter 1x Plague combi-bolter

OTHER DATASHEETS
Death Guard Cultists (50 Points)
• 1x Death Guard Cultist Champion
• 1x Brutal assault weapon 1x Cultist firearm
• 9x Death Guard Cultist
• 9x Brutal assault weapon 6x Cultist firearm 1x Flamer 1x Grenade launcher 1x Heavy stubber

Death Guard Helbrute (140 Points)
• 1x Close combat weapon 1x Helbrute fist 1x Multi-melta 1x Plague combi-bolter

Deathshroud Terminators (250 Points)
• 1x Deathshroud Champion
• 1x Manreaper 1x Plaguespurt gauntlet 1x Plaguespurt gauntlet
• 5x Deathshroud Terminator
• 5x Manreaper 5x Plaguespurt gauntlet

Poxwalkers (100 Points)
• 20x Poxwalker
• 20x Improvised weapon

ALLIED UNITS
Nurglings (35 Points) • 3x Nurgling Swarm • 3x Diseased claws and teeth

Not a DG player, but -1 WS/BS is always going to be very good because it stacks with -1 To Hit, and is one of the only ways to give your opponent -2 to hit