Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Probably Magic
Oct 9, 2012

Looking cute, feeling cute.

to be fair, this reads as parody

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Frosted Flake
Sep 13, 2011

Semper Shitpost Ubique

Semisomnum posted:

i asked my father once why he supported Israel and he told me a story about how during WW2 nazi tanks rolled on Israel and they all rusted and broke down. he was very adamant that I was wrong when I told him that Israel did not exist during WW2.

That, and Syria's Nazi tanks did not all rust and break down.

ProperGanderPusher
Jan 13, 2012

Andorra posted:

I'd always been told or just assumed that I/P was something that's been going on for centuries and neither side knows or cares why they're fighting. And that Palestine was a bunch of separatists trying to make an independent country. But in college I took a course about the region's importance in various religions that went through the history since ancient times, and it blew my mind.

In my eyes the only reasons for why people aren't strongly behind Palestine are a)lobbying, b)extremely nutso religious, c)complete ignorance of the situation. It's that cut and dry to me.

I guess d)racist is always an option, too. But point being, the only reason an otherwise good person wouldn't support palestine is that they know nothing about it.

Yeah, I was also told that the Palestinians were just modern-day descendants of Philistines and Amalekites and other assorted baddies from the Old Testament who have been trying to steal rightful Jewish land and kill Jews for millennia.

It blew my mind when I learned that the Jews and Muslims got along relatively well for centuries until European Jews began settling the region in the late 19th century.

my bony fealty
Oct 1, 2008

haha this completely made up speculative idea that Trump somehow is responsible for this attack is going to be lib canon by tomorrow. par for the course for Russiagate Blueanon psychos I guess.

Best Friends
Nov 4, 2011

fondly remembering when she was writing columns about Obama being a terrorist lover for holding back plucky Israel’s hand of righteous vengeance

my bony fealty
Oct 1, 2008

ProperGanderPusher posted:

It blew my mind when I learned that the Jews and Muslims got along relatively well for centuries until European Jews began settling the region in the late 19th century.

there's a similar narrative about the Balkans, turns out whoops the Christians and Muslims and various ethnic groups lived together just fine for a very long time and the conflict in the 90s was intentionally stirred up by the West to clamp down on any chance of Yugoslavia being anything but a thrall

Uncle Wemus
Mar 4, 2004

As a leftist and Bernie supporter, I've been very impressed at how well Biden is doing. The rich's disinformation echo chamber and drive for fascism is just too loud right now.

Excelzior
Jun 24, 2013

Uncle Wemus posted:

As a leftist and Bernie supporter,

my bony fealty
Oct 1, 2008

Wish Bernie had been more into raving

gradenko_2000
Oct 5, 2010

HELL SERPENT
Lipstick Apathy

my bony fealty posted:

Wish Bernie had been more into raving

https://twitter.com/ByYourLogic/status/1710783480765071774?t=Y9unbBEzHpVEYjFthbrZCA&s=19

Agrajag
Jan 21, 2006

gat dang thats hot

americans really do have the memory of a loving gnat

mad.radhu
Jan 8, 2006

Fun Shoe

Uncle Wemus posted:

https://twitter.com/HuffPostPol/status/1711483591140544719?s=20

It starts with how you raise your kids. Let's not encouage it or approve of underaged sex. As for blue and red. In California we will never accept a red state.

I've been informed by serious politics people that this is because Newsom is a savvy operator, and he doesn't want to provoke SCOTUS into banning birth control

Ham Equity
Apr 16, 2013

The first thing we do, let's kill all the cars.
Grimey Drawer

Those lucky Palestinians, growing up without any sort of trauma.

Lord of Pie
Mar 2, 2007

He's trying to show what a tough guy he is like Bill Clinton that time he took off from campaigning to go back to Arkansas for this extremely hosed up execution
https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Ricky_Ray_Rector

Pobrecito
Jun 16, 2020

hasta que la muerte nos separe

pretty disturbing to think about considering what ashley biden wrote about her dad doing to her in the shower

Willa Rogers
Mar 11, 2005

Uncle Wemus posted:

Palestine has lost my support.

I was watching CNN yesterday, and I was stunned. Images of civilians killed, homes occupied by armed militants, people fleeing in terror, with the anchor informing me that nothing like this has ever happened before in the conflict - I was horrified.

With the barbaric events of the past few days, i think Palestine has finally doomed its cause by alienating itself from reasonable progressives like me. It will soon find it has lost all its very real and meaningful support from other progressives in western countries, too.

It’s true, I may have never done anything tangible to stop my government from giving billions of dollars of weapons to israel - but sometimes I would shake my head when I saw a picture of a settler-colonial lynch mob killing Palestinians. Sometimes I would even hesitantly tweet “this is wrong” after watching an IDF sniper using kids as target practice.

But that ends today.

I am so horrified by today’s unprecedented events that even I, a deeply progressive person who definitely actually supported Palestine, am now willing to give Itamar Ben Gvir as many weapons as he needs to do what he wants with those degenerate Palestinian subhumans.

I’m sorry, but as an anti-war leftist I can’t support the murder of civilians, the expulsion of scared families from their homes, the taking of political prisoners, or the armed invasion of sovereign territory, which is why I will be switching my full-throated support to the IDF. I was talking with my fellow leftists on r/worldnews, and we all agreed (as people previously concerned with Palestinian rights) the only thing left to do is stand back and solemnly nod in approval as Israel tries to glass them. Hundreds of innocents have died, after all - clearly the ethnic cleansing of a city of two million people is the only proportional response left.

Prior to this, NPR-listening Elizabeth Warren voters like myself were coming around to the idea that Palestinians were also human beings, not just Arabs. But now? Forget about it. And without the valuable support of people like me, I just don’t see a future for Palestine.

The Palestinians messed up, big time.

how do you do, fellow leftists

Willa Rogers
Mar 11, 2005

The Leck posted:

So I know this isn't really the case based on the results we see in the history books, but isn't the whole point of the caucuses that you can see who wins just by being there and observing, not waiting for them to report results?

I don't know how it works next year except I heard they're taking written & mail-in ballots but yeah, what you said makes sense, unlike the dnc rules.

Deified Data
Nov 3, 2015

Fun Shoe

Holy poo poo lmao

AmiYumi
Oct 10, 2005

I FORGOT TO HAIL KING TORG
so are these chosen with some kinda strategy

or does he just veto every bill to keep his name in the news

Filthy Hans
Jun 27, 2008

by Fluffdaddy

(and can't post for 10 years!)

AmiYumi posted:

he's already running for '28, every one of these vetoes was approved by campaign strategists

Uncle Wemus
Mar 4, 2004

https://twitter.com/JRubinBlogger/status/1711519985149841548?s=20

F_Shit_Fitzgerald
Feb 2, 2017

There is a "butt" for barbarism, and its name is Jennifer Rubin.

F_Shit_Fitzgerald has issued a correction as of 01:49 on Oct 10, 2023

cenotaph
Mar 2, 2013

(look it up)

Agrajag
Jan 21, 2006

gat dang thats hot

who even the gently caress is this clown

Raskolnikov38
Mar 3, 2007

We were somewhere around Manila when the drugs began to take hold

lol i thought this dumb bitch lived in new york not dc

Deified Data
Nov 3, 2015

Fun Shoe

Agrajag posted:

"Jennifer Truthful"

ProperGanderPusher
Jan 13, 2012

AmiYumi posted:

When he’s running for prez in four years he needs to prove to everyone he isn’t a loony lefty San Fransicko politician but rather a sensible electable Bidenesque moderate.

spacemang_spliff
Nov 29, 2014

wide pickle

Israeli civilians getting killed sucks a lot but why does the west stay silent about the deaths of Palestinians? The way the Israel Palestine conflict is covered in the west, only Israelis have any humanity. When Palestinian women and children are killed, western media acts like they have it coming.

yellowcar
Feb 14, 2010

Agrajag posted:

yellowcar
Feb 14, 2010

someone with twitter search up what jennifer has to say about the azov battalion

spacemang_spliff
Nov 29, 2014

wide pickle

A new new Axis of Evil

Nichael
Mar 30, 2011

I like how on paper, Rubin is ostensibly a writer, and yet she has no idea how quotations work, much like Our President Donald Trmuo.

all rubins are bad

Uncle Wemus
Mar 4, 2004

:qq:

https://twitter.com/thehill/status/1711543593779777829?s=20

:qq:

White House national security spokesman John Kirby choked up in an interview with CNN while discussing horrific images of the attacks against Israel by the militant group Hamas.

https://thehill.com/homenews/administration/4246373-biden-national-security-spokesman-chokes-up-talking-about-israeli-victims/

Uncle Wemus
Mar 4, 2004

https://www.timesofisrael.com/coalition-mk-lgbtq-community-poses-greater-threat-to-israel-than-hezbollah-or-hamas/

Uncle Wemus
Mar 4, 2004

Uncle Wemus
Mar 4, 2004

drat too bad they didn't get rid of this bug eyed nerd

https://twitter.com/CoryBooker/status/1711132186638791155?s=20

spacemang_spliff
Nov 29, 2014

wide pickle

Uncle Wemus posted:

drat too bad they didn't get rid of this bug eyed nerd

https://twitter.com/CoryBooker/status/1711132186638791155?s=20

Has Booker ever once condemned the violence that Palestinians are forced to suffer?

ex post facho
Oct 25, 2007
no

my bony fealty
Oct 1, 2008

Agrajag posted:

Jennifer Rubin is an actually mentally retarded person, like a legitimate slow person

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

comedyblissoption
Mar 15, 2006

Joementum posted:

[extremely eddie vedder voice]

jeremy berman
quit the dee ess aaaaaaaayyyyyyyy