Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Samuel L. Hacksaw
Mar 26, 2007

Never Stop Posting
Just to recap, op sleeps in their car at work to save 1 day/month worth of pay and 2 days/ month of commute time.

They may or may not have a house/ apartment they pay for, and may or may not have a family.

Op works for a vaporware IOT mattress company that is basically making a product that is a sleep number bed but on the cloud.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

MrQwerty
Apr 15, 2003

LOVE IS BEAUTIFUL
(づ ̄ ³ ̄)づ♥(‘∀’●)

Samuel L. Hacksaw posted:

Just to recap, op sleeps in their car at work to save 1 day/month worth of pay and 2 days/ month of commute time.

They may or may not have a house/ apartment they pay for, and may or may not have a family.

Op works for a vaporware IOT mattress company that is basically making a product that is a sleep number bed but on the cloud.

Ya it kicks rear end

BAGS FLY AT NOON
Apr 6, 2011

A Soft Nylon Bag

Samuel L. Hacksaw posted:

The commute time is 40 hours a month that he’s not spending in his car….oh wait a minute, no he’s still spending 40 hours in his car but he’s sleeping instead of driving.

WAR CRIME GIGOLO
Oct 3, 2012

The Hague
tryna get me
for these glutes

He's spending....

160 hours + off time on his car a month

To save 40 hours

Man op why aren't you on the C suite of this mattress company you have some really good ideas

Samuel L. Hacksaw
Mar 26, 2007

Never Stop Posting

WAR CRIME GIGOLO posted:

He's spending....

160 hours + off time on his car a month

To save 40 hours

Man op why aren't you on the C suite of this mattress company you have some really good ideas

Start-ups in co-working spaces don't have a C-suite. There's just Kevin that reverse mortgaged his house to start the company and just wants to sell it off ASAP.

Chinatown
Sep 11, 2001

by Fluffdaddy
Fun Shoe
OP gonna get canned for illegally camping on company property.

Bad Purchase
Jun 17, 2019
Probation
Can't post for 2 hours!
WARNING to anyone considering one of these so-called smart sleep devices, it's only a matter of time before you wake up with BEEFBRAIN

do not allow your loved ones, especially kids, to use these devices

MrQwerty
Apr 15, 2003

LOVE IS BEAUTIFUL
(づ ̄ ³ ̄)づ♥(‘∀’●)

OP I have a hot tip on a bedding manufacturing plant in Minnesota that could really use some work, like pennies on the dollar, if you want to try to do some Made in USA stuff rather than outsourcing everything

Eclipse12
Feb 20, 2008

I saw Vim Fuego on Shark Tank last night, hocking his new product, the Trunk Bunk. It's a thin roll of fabric you can use to sleep in your car! And it's stain-resistant to a very particular type of liquid (not pee). For the modern techbro on the go stay.

Unfortunately, he let out a big, nasty belch in the middle of his pitch and it wafted over to the sharks. Mark Cuban said he could taste it and that it smelled like broccoli and soy sauce (Fuego got Asian take-out?)

Anyhoo, Cuban was like WTF that's nasty and immediately went out. Kevin O'Leary made some lowball royalty offer but Fuego started yelling about how he was a pioneer of efficiency or some poo poo and walked away empty-handed.

The camera followed and saw Vim Fuego take a big poo poo on the curb outside (i.e., his bathroom)

Eclipse12
Feb 20, 2008

The post above is 100% true.

Eclipse12
Feb 20, 2008

For those in the UK, I'll translate. He went on Dragon's Den and his product was the Boot Bed with a special protection for when yourself give the ol' Queen of England. He farted out a beans, scallions, and rhubarb cloud. All the landed gentry gasped and Vim Fuego pitched a willity gillity and then churned out a scouser on the tarmac.

Ziv Zulander
Mar 24, 2017

ZZ for short

hosed up and true

Eclipse12
Feb 20, 2008

Ban me if the above stories aren't true.

WAR CRIME GIGOLO
Oct 3, 2012

The Hague
tryna get me
for these glutes

Shant invest

MrQwerty
Apr 15, 2003

LOVE IS BEAUTIFUL
(づ ̄ ³ ̄)づ♥(‘∀’●)

OP where on the Little Number Calculus (LNC) do you think copping one of your mattresses would fall, if I were thinking to?

SatansOnion
Dec 12, 2011

shan't speculate (on this business venture)

Rags to Liches
Mar 11, 2008

future skeleton soldier

SatansOnion posted:

shan't speculate (on this business venture)

nor shall I

WAR CRIME GIGOLO
Oct 3, 2012

The Hague
tryna get me
for these glutes

Wait a minute. We haven't asked OP if he's using the mattress that is company sells inside of car

eightysixed
Sep 23, 2004

I always tell the truth. Even when I lie.

WAR CRIME GIGOLO posted:

Wait a minute. We haven't asked OP if he's using the mattress that is company sells inside of car

Probably doesn’t get internet service in a parking garage, so it’d be flat - what’s the point? v:shobon:v

Bip Roberts
Mar 29, 2005
WRX stands for wife railing her exes

WAR CRIME GIGOLO
Oct 3, 2012

The Hague
tryna get me
for these glutes

eightysixed posted:

Probably doesn’t get internet service in a parking garage, so it’d be flat - what’s the point? v:shobon:v

poo poo, you're right. So this is not going to appeal to the live in the car crowd

You think that would be the target audience because they have to sleep in the most uncomfortable positions. Maybe op could be head of research or something like that

syntaxfunction
Oct 27, 2010
I dunno if it's a thing in the US but here work travel expenses are a tax deductible thing. OP worried about $500 in fuel but keep the receipts for records and you can just nuke that from your taxes, bingo bongo done.

BAGS FLY AT NOON
Apr 6, 2011

A Soft Nylon Bag

Bad Purchase posted:

WARNING to anyone considering one of these so-called smart sleep devices, it's only a matter of time before you wake up with BEEFBRAIN

Get BEEFY bicth

eightysixed
Sep 23, 2004

WAR CRIME GIGOLO posted:

poo poo, you're right. So this is not going to appeal to the live in the car crowd

You think that would be the target audience because they have to sleep in the most uncomfortable positions. Maybe op could be head of research or something like that

I can’t wait until Elon Musk gets wind of this.
“No internet connection?”
“Sorry, your Tesla tires are now flat until you restore connectivity”
:v:

Haptical Sales Slut
Mar 15, 2010

Age 18 to 49

Bad Purchase posted:

Can’t come in boss, picked up some nasty beefbrain from the county fair.

Zero VGS
Aug 16, 2002
ASK ME ABOUT HOW HUMAN LIVES THAT MADE VIDEO GAME CONTROLLERS ARE WORTH MORE
Lipstick Apathy

WAR CRIME GIGOLO posted:

Dogfooding the company product while you sleep in your car, and probably eat dog food in it

WAR CRIME GIGOLO
Oct 3, 2012

The Hague
tryna get me
for these glutes

What if op is monitoring his wife's sleep while he's in the car

Or maybe they could synchronize the settings on the two mattresses. Do the mattresses have co-op? Can you both have the same settings and adapt to each one's individual figures???

BAGS FLY AT NOON
Apr 6, 2011

A Soft Nylon Bag
I could maybe see doing this as a single twenty-something who still has faith in the world but past 30 with a family lol gently caress no.

Eclipse12
Feb 20, 2008

Op replies a lot less often than trolls usually do. Never gonna make it to Puppetmaster Defense at this rate! :sad:

Eclipse12
Feb 20, 2008

At BEST its the image of the guy " ha ha I was only pretending to be r-------"

yoloer420
May 19, 2006
There is literally no reason you couldn't run the model (or an "almost as good" model) locally. You can get MCUs that can run CNNs more than large enough for your application for ~$15-20 USD a unit, you'd be able to easily keep the power draw under 10w which would be minimal compared to the pumps etc.

This is of course assuming that using AI is actually beneficial. As an alternative you could also use AI to derive a more traditional algorithm that would fit on a ~$0.20 MCU that will run on nanowatts of power. That way you can still use AI in your marketing without actually having to deal with the expense of running AI either in the cloud or on an edge device.

For data collection you could still have your mattress refuse to inflate unless its app connected during initial setup, and then again if it hasn't fed back data for X days.

I am available to consult lol.

yoloer420 fucked around with this message at 02:48 on Oct 10, 2023

Chinatown
Sep 11, 2001

by Fluffdaddy
Fun Shoe
office culture is loving trash and and corporate boomer execs who want everyone back in the office 40 hours a week should be literally guillotined post haste

covidstomper58
Nov 8, 2020

I'd like to know how far the smart mattress has been trained on non human objects on the bed.

Does it know how to raise ridges around a body pillow so it doesn't slide around?

Can it detect human shaped objects and add simulated shuffling movements to it?

What about those pillows shaped like a human arm?

Is there a VR mode that detects when you have your VR headset on and the largest open area in your living situation is the bed and like sets the edges to your movement area? Like say in the back of a car?

Tnuctip
Sep 25, 2017

Eclipse12 posted:

For those in the UK, I'll translate. He went on Dragon's Den and his product was the Boot Bed with a special protection for when yourself give the ol' Queen of England. He farted out a beans, scallions, and rhubarb cloud. All the landed gentry gasped and Vim Fuego pitched a willity gillity and then churned out a scouser on the tarmac.

:perfect:

WAR CRIME GIGOLO
Oct 3, 2012

The Hague
tryna get me
for these glutes

covidstomper58 posted:

I'd like to know how far the smart mattress has been trained on non human objects on the bed.

Does it know how to raise ridges around a body pillow so it doesn't slide around?

Can it detect human shaped objects and add simulated shuffling movements to it?

What about those pillows shaped like a human arm?

Is there a VR mode that detects when you have your VR headset on and the largest open area in your living situation is the bed and like sets the edges to your movement area? Like say in the back of a car?

No all of that is too much money. Mother wouldn't allow the company to go in that direction

Tnuctip
Sep 25, 2017

We don’t even know the resolution on this mattress, is it 8K or will it launch with a paltry 4K just to get poo poo out the door?

Charles Bukowski
Aug 26, 2003

Taskmaster 2023 Second Place Winner

Grimey Drawer
I know you're just laying there in the trunk of your car, reply to your thread OP

eightysixed
Sep 23, 2004

Charles Bukowski posted:

I know you're just laying there in the trunk of your car, reply to your thread OP

+1

MrQwerty
Apr 15, 2003

LOVE IS BEAUTIFUL
(づ ̄ ³ ̄)づ♥(‘∀’●)

Charles Bukowski posted:

:emptyquote:

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Bad Purchase
Jun 17, 2019
Probation
Can't post for 2 hours!
should tell the company to setup a product testing room at the office and volunteer to sleep on the smart mattress every night, management will think you're making a big sacrifice to help the company