Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

elentar
Aug 26, 2002

Every single year the Ivy League takes a break from fucking up the world through its various alumni to fuck up everyone's bracket instead.
I gotta admit the Braves getting shut the gently caress out the whole rest of the way is by far the funniest way to end this season

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

bawfuls
Oct 28, 2009

The secret to October success is winning less than 100 games

Artix
Apr 26, 2010

He's finally back,
to kick some tail!
And this time,
he's goin' to jail!
Didn't seem to help the Rays. :v:

Pobrecito
Jun 16, 2020

hasta que la muerte nos separe

Shinjobi posted:

As far as "dumbest gimmick in 2023," I will gladly accept listening to Creed. It's so bad it's hilarious.

i will listen to nothing but creed for the next calendar year if it means the rangers win the world series

bawfuls
Oct 28, 2009

Artix posted:

Didn't seem to help the Rays. :v:
it works better if you win less than 95

Lincoln
May 12, 2007

Ladies.

Pobrecito posted:

i will listen to nothing but creed for the next calendar year if it means the rangers win the world series

Yeah I can’t name one Creed song, but I’m right there with you.

FWIW, we listened to Creed that night.

Dameius
Apr 3, 2006

Pobrecito posted:

What a toxx.

live with fruit
Aug 15, 2010
Higher isn't terrible.

elentar
Aug 26, 2002

Every single year the Ivy League takes a break from fucking up the world through its various alumni to fuck up everyone's bracket instead.

bawfuls posted:

the new competitive imbalance is losing

Mr. Humalong
May 7, 2007

Mark Tremonti is pretty good at writing music.

Shinjobi
Jul 10, 2008

Gravy Boat 2k

live with fruit posted:

Higher isn't terrible.

the cowboys thanksgiving halftime show rendition of "higher" is still one of the wildest loving things ever put together for human consumption. the overproduction for that style of music, for that band...i'll never forget it

rickiep00h
Aug 16, 2010

BATDANCE

Intruder posted:

I loved that even on the most heartbreakingly emotional day of his life Prince Fielder still took time to touch Beltre's head

I think this was the day when I truly became invested in baseball again. Like when it became a thing humans do, rather than some weird othered abstraction, despite having played baseball as a kid.

No Safe Word
Feb 26, 2005

bawfuls posted:

Did the WS champ win 100 games?
2022: Yup
2021: Nope
2020: Season didn't count
2019: Nope
2018: Yup
2017: Yup
2016: Yup

granted then you have to go back to 2009 for it to be true, but most of those seasons didn't even have a 100-game winner.

fast cars loose anus
Mar 2, 2007

Pillbug
I will not let America get away with pretending they always hated Creed

Everyone my age had My Own Prison

Big Mean Jerk
Jan 27, 2009

Well, of course I know him.
He's me.
The Rangers must be stopped before they meme a Creedaissance into existence

SilvergunSuperman
Aug 7, 2010

Oh maaan, gently caress off Philly.

Bregor
May 31, 2013

People are idiots, Leslie.

Shinjobi posted:

the cowboys thanksgiving halftime show rendition of "higher" is still one of the wildest loving things ever put together for human consumption. the overproduction for that style of music, for that band...i'll never forget it

It’s genuinely one of my favorite halftime show moments. Every time I stumble upon it on a forum or YouTube it fills me with delight. Seeing Stapp running around the stage and then smash cut to the shirtless acrobat flying around on two white curtains, oh it’s loving perfect.

fast cars loose anus posted:

I will not let America get away with pretending they always hated Creed

Everyone my age had My Own Prison

:hmmyes: Creed was massively popular, now the Cool 90s/2000s Kids can’t admit it but they loving crushed back in the day.

And guess what, Higher and My Sacrifice hold up way better than expected.

Milovan Drecun
Apr 17, 2007
I masturbate in traffic.

Bregor posted:

I googled Higher last night, because of this thread, and the top comment was "Fun fact: this wasn't in your recommended...you searched for this." Thanks, y'all, for ruining me

Forrest on Fire
Nov 23, 2012

N: DBacks

V: :getin:

SilvergunSuperman
Aug 7, 2010

Bregor posted:

It’s genuinely one of my favorite halftime show moments. Every time I stumble upon it on a forum or YouTube it fills me with delight. Seeing Stapp running around the stage and then smash cut to the shirtless acrobat flying around on two white curtains, oh it’s loving perfect.

:hmmyes: Creed was massively popular, now the Cool 90s/2000s Kids can’t admit it but they loving crushed back in the day.

Hey sorry let me step in here and speak out for all the people that knew creed sucked gigantic rear end from the getgo and history proved correct

Well Played Mauer
Jun 1, 2003

We'll always have Cabo

SilvergunSuperman posted:

Hey sorry let me step in here and speak out for all the people that knew creed sucked gigantic rear end from the getgo and history proved correct

Peace be with you, brother. Creed, Limp Bizkit, Korn, and all that other numetal poo poo was coming along right as I reached the age where I realized I didn't need to like what my friends liked just because we were friends.

As bad as the '00s were for rock post-Napster whiny-rich-kid music, the late 90s were even worse.

maruhkati
Sep 29, 2021

NAZ REID

My mom would make fun of Creed when they came on the radio. She'd sing "With cheeks wide open / over the toilet." She thought it was hilarious (it was).

But that's how you know you're hearing an all-time shitter of a band: when even your mom can tell they aren't cool.

zoux
Apr 28, 2006

https://twitter.com/Creed/status/1711478236822003833

I hear Scott Stapp is in the lab, working on something hot, listing things that have to do with baseball

Bregor
May 31, 2013

Well Played Mauer posted:

Peace be with you, brother. Creed, Limp Bizkit, Korn, and all that other numetal poo poo was coming along right as I reached the age where I realized I didn't need to like what my friends liked just because we were friends.

As bad as the '00s were for rock post-Napster whiny-rich-kid music, the late 90s were even worse.

See I think the Korn/Limp Bizkit rap-numetal hybrid bullshit was totally different from Creed, and also sucked way more. Creed is pretty singularly buttrock (with overtly Christian messaging that I choose to ignore)

Good job friend :patriot:

Creed does suck rear end but they are also amazing, if you can't enjoy an over the top arena rock ballad from a guy who looks like Scott Stapp, ironically or otherwise, your loss IMO

Seriously go watch that halftime show on YouTube, it's just tremendous content

zoux
Apr 28, 2006

Also I'd just like to say there's been some truly atrocious baserunning this postseason.

Dameius
Apr 3, 2006

My class was fairly evenly divided in three on Creed sucks/is ok/is good. I was firmly in the Creed sucks camp and the more over exposed they got on the radio the more lovely teenager annoying I became about announcing that they sucked.

Poque
Sep 11, 2003

=^-^=

zoux posted:

Also I'd just like to say there's been some truly atrocious baserunning this postseason.

it kind of rules, I think baserunners had a huge advantage in the early season with the new rules, but it completely broke their brains when catchers/defense caught up and they haven't course-corrected yet. Source: Cubs August and September

SilvergunSuperman
Aug 7, 2010

zoux posted:

I'm curious about this, was Harper truly a tootblan?

I kinda don't think so, it seemed defensible.

Well Played Mauer
Jun 1, 2003

We'll always have Cabo
Looking at the replay, the ball hung up there longer than it seemed like it would off the bat, but he probably should have stopped at second to see if it was going to be caught.

However, if it wasn't caught Harper would have tied the game easily. Probably not the right decision but he's the best player on that team and was trying to make something happen.

zoux
Apr 28, 2006

Trying to make something happen is the father of all tootblans

SilvergunSuperman
Aug 7, 2010

Looking at the replay, the ball hung up there longer than it seemed like it would off the bat, but he probably should have stopped at second to see if it was going to be caught.

However, if it wasn't caught Harper would have tied the game easily. Probably not the right decision but he's the best player on that team and was trying to make something happen.

If he stops he probably doesn't score though, no? I dunno, with 1 out I get it.

explosivo
May 23, 2004

Fueled by Satan

My baseball team may be facing elimination tonight but at least I don't have to pretend to like Creed

Well Played Mauer
Jun 1, 2003

We'll always have Cabo
Yeah he could have gotten to third with 1st and 3rd and one out. I don't know the run probability tables this year but it would have been a pretty good situation to be in. Stott was up next, too, and he's been hot.

Either way what lost them the game was their defense and leaving Wheeler in too long, even though that was understandable.

Walked
Apr 14, 2003

explosivo posted:

My baseball team may be facing elimination tonight but at least I don't have to pretend to like Creed

Kevlar v2.0
Dec 25, 2003

=^•⩊•^=

explosivo posted:

Creed is basically Christian Pearl Jam

SilvergunSuperman
Aug 7, 2010

Yeah he could have gotten to third with 1st and 3rd and one out. I don't know the run probability tables this year but it would have been a pretty good situation to be in. Stott was up next, too, and he's been hot.

Either way what lost them the game was their defense and leaving Wheeler in too long, even though that was understandable.

Yeah that's totally fair.

Off the bat though I didn't think it was getting caught either, and it still took 2 great plays to double him off so I don't think it counts as tootblan, and his dreamy hair only mildly influenced my argument.

Bregor
May 31, 2013

Kevlar v2.0 posted:

Creed is basically Christian Pearl Jam

:prepop:

Joey Freshwater
Jun 20, 2004

Always playing with my meat
Grimey Drawer
I have watched the double play 1000 times. It’s just beautiful

rickiep00h
Aug 16, 2010

BATDANCE

AHEM.

Creed's "Bullets" rips harder than it has any right to. Just, uh, don't watch the video. Scott Stapp is a ridiculous weirdo, but they had some great moments outside his Jesus complex.

Korn's first 3 albums were amazing, and LB's first two could be condensed into one very good one.

After the initial wave of numetal's popularity, it turned into a bunch of turgid poo poo for sure, but even the bands that people poo poo on the most had great first or second albums. They were absolutely one-trick ponies though.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

GalacticAcid
Apr 8, 2013

NEW YORK VALUES
Baseball thread btw