Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

fizzy
Dec 2, 2022

by Jeffrey of YOSPOS

DancingShade posted:

I'm going to crystal ball this one:

Accelerated total ethnic cleansing through bombing, starvation, etc. To the last person. This will be celebrated and reported as a good thing, actually.

Anyone not on board with this will be treated like a traitor at worst, a fool at best.

Mediaeval geopolitical solutions are back. Gibbets too, probably.

Bad news for the semantic accuracy of DancingShade - DancingShade cannot be said to be "crystal balling" into the future when DancingShade's remarks already describes both the present and the past.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Centrist Committee
Aug 6, 2019

DancingShade posted:

Accelerated total ethnic cleansing through bombing, starvation, etc. To the last person. This will be celebrated and reported as a good thing, actually.

Anyone not on board with this will be treated like a traitor at worst, a fool at best.

dont be like this

Majorian
Jul 1, 2009

ohrwurm posted:

that’s a succlib bingo

Six degrees of Vlad Putin

Al-Saqr
Nov 11, 2007

One Day I Will Return To Your Side.
https://twitter.com/ajarabic/status/1711564267474817301?s=46&t=kY7HKwmb1RBg9U186lxtbg

maduro saying israel is committing genocide

Frosted Flake
Sep 13, 2011

Semper Shitpost Ubique

DancingShade posted:

I'm no so sure. They built their own national mythology around Masada, and I think here their reach exceeds their grasp.

28 days of supplies, army of mostly reservists, the PBI getting marched in to clear urban rubble. Israel did not weather Lebanon (82) or the Intifadas well, I think they'll be very hard pressed to actually fight this out.

As other people have pointed out, they believed their own myths of invulnerability and are happy to drop 2000lb JDAMs on civilians, but that's not the same as bearing actual casualties, and the Palestinians have shown a willingness to take the fight to them.

fizzy
Dec 2, 2022

by Jeffrey of YOSPOS

Majorian posted:

Six degrees of Vlad Putin

Bad news for Majorian -

(a) Majorian is a poster on SomethingAwful.

(b) Over the decades of SomethingAwful's existence, there must have been at least one poster holding Russian nationality.

(c) The President of Russia is Putin.

(d) Therefore, Majorian is an agent of Putin

a racist pole
May 16, 2015

crepeface posted:

how bad is it in Gaza?

edit: because I just got up and it seems real bad

https://x.com/MuhammadSmiry/status/1711482194319851964?s=20

gradenko_2000
Oct 5, 2010

HELL SERPENT
Lipstick Apathy
the Ghost of Tel Aviv, bombed five refugee camps in a single sortie, making him an ace in the Israeli Air Force

Al!
Apr 2, 2010
Probation
Can't post for 3 hours!
kirbeh.......

sleep with the vicious
Apr 2, 2010

Yeah but what does juan guaido think?

Death By The Blues
Oct 30, 2011
https://twitter.com/sentdefender/status/1711562739011756466

Yea not sure what he is talking about, tonight was absolutely brutal for Gaza.

Hatebag
Jun 17, 2008

gradenko_2000 posted:

the Ghost of Tel Aviv, bombed five refugee camps in a single sortie, making him an ace in the Israeli Air Force

israeli pilots put little decals of hospitals, schools, and apartment buildings on the side of their jets

Majorian
Jul 1, 2009

fizzy posted:

Bad news for Majorian -

(a) Majorian is a poster on SomethingAwful.

(b) Over the decades of SomethingAwful's existence, there must have been at least one poster holding Russian nationality.

(c) The President of Russia is Putin.

(d) Therefore, Majorian is an agent of Putin

I'm less of an agent and more of a lovestruck fool for him.:allears:

fizzy
Dec 2, 2022

by Jeffrey of YOSPOS
Bad news for Israel's relations with the UN Human Rights Council, Germany, Belgium, France, Finland, Argentina, the UAE, Mexico and Morocco - The UN Human Rights Council held a moment of silence for the “loss of innocent lives in the occupied Palestinian territory and elsewhere,” and the whole chamber appears to stand up at Pakistani envoy Zaman Mehdi's request for a moment of silence, including the representatives of Germany, Belgium, France, Finland, Argentina, the UAE, Mexico and Morocco.

https://www.timesofisrael.com/liveblog_entry/un-human-rights-council-marks-loss-of-life-in-palestinian-territory-and-elsewhere/

UN Human Rights Council marks loss of life in ‘Palestinian territory and elsewhere’
By LUKE TRESS
Today, 5:07 am

The UN Human Rights Council holds a moment of silence for the “loss of innocent lives in the occupied Palestinian territory and elsewhere,” after Palestinian terrorists’ indiscriminate slaughter of over 900 Israelis.

Pakistani envoy Zaman Mehdi calls the motion on behalf of the Organization of Islamic Cooperation member states, representing 57 countries.

Mehdi’s statement blames Israel for the attack and “breeding violence,” without mentioning Israel by name at any point. The statement makes no mention of Israeli victims, terror or Hamas.

The whole chamber appears to stand up at Mehdi’s request for a moment of silence, including the representatives of Germany, Belgium, France, Finland, Argentina, the UAE, Mexico and Morocco.

The Anti-Defamation League lashes the UNHRC, saying it is “blatantly ignoring the nearly 1,000 people in Israel who were brutally massacred by Hamas, and the over 150 innocent people taken hostage into Gaza.”

The UNHRC in Geneva and UN General Assembly have long had a lopsided focus on the Jewish state, targeting Israel in more condemnations and investigations than any other country.

The UNHRC’s special rapporteur for the Israeli-Palestinian conflict, Francesca Albanese, has not condemned Hamas for its onslaught against Israeli civilians, but today accused Israel of “militarized settler colonial occupation.”

Albanese did not respond to a Times of Israel request for comment on Hamas atrocities.

Albanese has a history of antisemitic comments and regularly singles out Israel for criticism. Two weeks ago, she said Prime Minister Benjamin Netanyahu holding a map that did not show the Palestinian territories was “flagrantly unlawful.” In recent months, she said Israeli activities in the West Bank could constitute war crimes and demanded Israel release Palestinian prisoners.

studio mujahideen
May 3, 2005

Death By The Blues posted:

Yea not sure what he is talking about, tonight was absolutely brutal for Gaza.

almost like these guys are full of poo poo, dude

Atrocious Joe
Sep 2, 2011

Atrocious Joe posted:

from the UN
https://www.unrwa.org/where-we-work/gaza-strip

Gaza Fights for Freedom from Abby Martin is good coverage of the Great March for Return in particular
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=HnZSaKYmP2s

update on this:
https://twitter.com/AbbyMartin/status/1711531299377483820

Al!
Apr 2, 2010
Probation
Can't post for 3 hours!

studio mujahideen posted:

almost like these guys are full of poo poo, dude

these guys just report whatever they can make up between themselves via discord lmao

Al!
Apr 2, 2010
Probation
Can't post for 3 hours!
eerily quiet, yeah people aren't posting on social media as much when they're dodging bombs in rubble with no power, water, food, heat etc.

VoicesCanBe
Jul 1, 2023

"Cóż, wygląda na to, że zostaliśmy łaskawie oszczędzeni trudu decydowania o własnym losie. Jakże uprzejme z ich strony, że przearanżowali Europę bez kłopotu naszego zdania!"

my bony fealty posted:

gently caress the genocidal state of Israel

i say swears online
Mar 4, 2005

Al! posted:

eerily quiet, yeah people aren't posting on social media as much when they're dodging bombs in rubble with no power, water, food, heat etc.

i tried listening and couldn't even hear a single scream. must be over

ram dass in hell
Dec 29, 2019

:420::toot::420:

fizzy posted:

Bad news for the semantic accuracy of DancingShade - DancingShade cannot be said to be "crystal balling" into the future when DancingShade's remarks already describes both the present and the past.

Scarabrae
Oct 7, 2002

i say swears online posted:

i tried listening and couldn't even hear a single scream. must be over

https://m.youtube.com/watch?v=jLaCqrisEac&pp=ygUqaSdtIHN0aWxsIGFsaXZlIGJ1dCBpJ20gdmVyeSBiYWRseSBpbmp1cmVk

Hammerstein
May 6, 2005

YOU DON'T KNOW A DAMN THING ABOUT RACING !

Atrocious Joe posted:

appointing General Charlie Brown is just asking for disappointment

Can't wait for Iran Lucy to pull the nuclear football away at the last moment.

fizzy
Dec 2, 2022

by Jeffrey of YOSPOS
Bad news for five people, including at least two journalists, in Gaza - Five people, including at least two journalists, have been killed in an Israeli air attack on a residential building in western parts of Gaza.

https://www.aljazeera.com/news/liveblog/2023/10/9/israel-hamas-war-live-news-israel-orders-complete-siege-of-gaza-strip

Two journalists reported killed in western Gaza
2m ago (02:30 GMT)

We have received reports from witnesses in Gaza that five people, including at least two journalists, have been killed in an Israeli air attack on a residential building in western parts of the enclave.

The Turkish Anadolu Agency has identified the two journalists as Saeed Al-Taweel and Mohammad Sobh. We will bring you more on this soon.

It is important to note that the Committee to Protect Journalist had reported earlier on Monday evening that three other Palestinian journalists have been killed since the breakout of hostilities. One has been wounded and two others have been reported missing since Saturday.

Chillgamesh
Jul 29, 2014

I genuinely just can't get in the mindset of these psychos nuking apartment buildings and markets with precision. They can't even use the "b-b-but they were human shields" excuse because Hamas is right in their loving faces! They're just throwing a loving laser-guided tantrum. It makes me sick with anger and grief to think about.

Hatebag
Jun 17, 2008

general charlie qanon brown

smarxist
Jul 26, 2018

by Fluffdaddy
fizzy, please update your gimmick parameters to frame all "good news for Israel" as "terrible news for humanity" tia

fizzy
Dec 2, 2022

by Jeffrey of YOSPOS
Bad news for residents of the Gaza Strip - Mass displacement has escalated in the Gaza Strip over the past 24 hours, with more than 187,518 Palestinians believed to have fled their homes.

https://www.aljazeera.com/news/liveblog/2023/10/9/israel-hamas-war-live-news-israel-orders-complete-siege-of-gaza-strip

Mass displacement escalates in Gaza: UN
23m ago (02:09 GMT)

The UN humanitarian relief agency says mass displacement has escalated in the Gaza Strip over the past 24 hours, with more than 187,518 Palestinians believed to have fled their homes.

The number is expected to increase as Israeli bombardment of the enclave continues.

Some 137,427 of the displaced people have taken shelter in 83 schools. Another 41,000, whose homes have been destroyed or damaged, are being hosted by relatives and neighbours, OCHA said in its latest update.

Atrocious Joe
Sep 2, 2011

Chillgamesh posted:

I genuinely just can't get in the mindset of these psychos nuking apartment buildings and markets with precision. They can't even use the "b-b-but they were human shields" excuse because Hamas is right in their loving faces! They're just throwing a loving laser-guided tantrum. It makes me sick with anger and grief to think about.

they are targeting the homes of journalists and political leaders so it's easier to ethnically cleanse Gaza

Hatebag
Jun 17, 2008

Chillgamesh posted:

well it's pretty easy to figure out because they call them animals and say they should all be exterminated pretty frequently. plus the idf only knows how to murder defenseless people as demonstrated any time they go to war and get the poo poo kicked out of them

Chillgamesh
Jul 29, 2014

Atrocious Joe posted:

they are targeting the homes of journalists and political leaders so it's easier to ethnically cleanse Gaza

They're openly and literally saying "We are going to kill every last subhuman in the ghettos we have built for them" and people are cheering. loving hell dude

Ringo Roadagain
Mar 27, 2010

Frosted Flake posted:

I don't even know how to deal with talking points like this

show them this image

then this image

then ask them if they dont see the problem. only a bitch wouldnt tell someone who showed them this plan to gently caress off.

smarxist
Jul 26, 2018

by Fluffdaddy

Frosted Flake posted:

good LORD lmao

Woke Mind Virus
Aug 22, 2005

Pizza balls

DancingShade
Jul 26, 2007

by Fluffdaddy

Chillgamesh posted:

It's like starship troopers but the alien bugs swarming them are humans, albeit not considered as such.

the bitcoin of weed
Nov 1, 2014

Frosted Flake posted:

lmao

DarkSithLord
Apr 14, 2023

by Fluffdaddy
I was on my retard poo poo today and made the mistake of checking out Reddit. It's loving awful over there, makes the Russia/Ukraine bloodlust seem tame. It can't just be hasbara either, there's way too many people.

DarkSithLord
Apr 14, 2023

by Fluffdaddy

Frosted Flake posted:

This map was posted there as well

Cuttlefush
Jan 15, 2014

gotta have my purp

DarkSithLord posted:

I was on my retard poo poo today and made the mistake of checking out Reddit. It's loving awful over there, makes the Russia/Ukraine bloodlust seem tame. It can't just be hasbara astroturfing either, there's just way too many people.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=mFfZkG2-pWk

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

DancingShade
Jul 26, 2007

by Fluffdaddy

DarkSithLord posted:

I was on my retard poo poo today and made the mistake of checking out Reddit. It's loving awful over there, makes the Russia/Ukraine bloodlust seem tame. It can't just be hasbara astroturfing either, there's just way too many people.

I'm sure it would make perfect sense if you could put the relevant account holders on some kind of map with teeny tiny dots.