Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

smug jeebus
Oct 26, 2008
I don't

Also Felix is gonna get chapo banned from patreon tonight lol

smug jeebus has issued a correction as of 03:01 on Oct 10, 2023

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

insane clown pussy
Jun 20, 2023

comedyblissoption
Mar 15, 2006

1glitch0 posted:

drat only 1/3rd of Black Presidents have been black. And I thought the 3/5ths compromise was bad!
technically 1/6th if we're delving into Race Science

gradenko_2000
Oct 5, 2010

HELL SERPENT
Lipstick Apathy

Hamas is akin to Nazi Einsatzgruppen ...

... which means we should invite them to Congress and give them a round of applause

Uncle Wemus
Mar 4, 2004

spacemang_spliff
Nov 29, 2014

wide pickle
Has any liberal politician condemned the inevitable civilian deaths from Israel carpet bombing Gazan civilians or do they not count

Scarabrae
Oct 7, 2002

unprovoked? haha now I hope he has to wear a suit everyday it’ll be his personal vietnam

Not Alex
Oct 9, 2012

Cut loose before the god eaters show up.

Uncle Wemus posted:

Palestine has lost my support.

I was watching CNN yesterday, and I was stunned. Images of civilians killed, homes occupied by armed militants, people fleeing in terror, with the anchor informing me that nothing like this has ever happened before in the conflict - I was horrified.

With the barbaric events of the past few days, i think Palestine has finally doomed its cause by alienating itself from reasonable progressives like me. It will soon find it has lost all its very real and meaningful support from other progressives in western countries, too.

It’s true, I may have never done anything tangible to stop my government from giving billions of dollars of weapons to israel - but sometimes I would shake my head when I saw a picture of a settler-colonial lynch mob killing Palestinians. Sometimes I would even hesitantly tweet “this is wrong” after watching an IDF sniper using kids as target practice.

But that ends today.

I am so horrified by today’s unprecedented events that even I, a deeply progressive person who definitely actually supported Palestine, am now willing to give Itamar Ben Gvir as many weapons as he needs to do what he wants with those degenerate Palestinian subhumans.

I’m sorry, but as an anti-war leftist I can’t support the murder of civilians, the expulsion of scared families from their homes, the taking of political prisoners, or the armed invasion of sovereign territory, which is why I will be switching my full-throated support to the IDF. I was talking with my fellow leftists on r/worldnews, and we all agreed (as people previously concerned with Palestinian rights) the only thing left to do is stand back and solemnly nod in approval as Israel tries to glass them. Hundreds of innocents have died, after all - clearly the ethnic cleansing of a city of two million people is the only proportional response left.

Prior to this, NPR-listening Elizabeth Warren voters like myself were coming around to the idea that Palestinians were also human beings, not just Arabs. But now? Forget about it. And without the valuable support of people like me, I just don’t see a future for Palestine.

The Palestinians messed up, big time.

Maybe I'm getting Poe's law'ed as hell but this is clearly satire.

comedyblissoption
Mar 15, 2006

nato turkey genociding the kurds during the 90s under clinton required a surge of material military support that exceeded all of the post-ww2 US arms combined sent to turkey up to that point

DragQueenofAngmar
Dec 29, 2009

You shall not pass!

Not Alex posted:

Maybe I'm getting Poe's law'ed as hell but this is clearly satire.

it’s amazing to me that no one assumes syq, it’s the best way to react even if you’re wrong and no they were actually sincere bc then, lol

Telluric Whistler
Sep 14, 2008

spacemang_spliff posted:

Has Booker ever once condemned the violence that Palestinians are forced to suffer?

Yeah but they don't treat them as a nation so they have no recourse to violence when subject to violence, unlike the STATE of Israel which is given that right.

It's the Rules Based International Order

comedyblissoption
Mar 15, 2006

Willa Rogers posted:

this is gonna cause a fissure in the dem party:
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=zoPrBnrWvrE

Uncle Wemus
Mar 4, 2004

HallelujahLee
May 3, 2009

https://twitter.com/housetrotter/status/1711566935580684506

MLKQUOTEMACHINE
Oct 22, 2012

Some motherfuckers are always trying to ice-skate uphill

Uncle Wemus posted:

https://twitter.com/HuffPostPol/status/1711483591140544719?s=20

It starts with how you raise your kids. Let's not encouage it or approve of underaged sex. As for blue and red. In California we will never accept a red state.

California is just Liberal Texas

Trabisnikof
Dec 24, 2005

Biden was interviewed as part of the investigation into Biden's mishandling of classified documents as VP:

https://www.nytimes.com/2023/10/09/us/special-counsel-biden-interview.html

quote:

President Biden met over the past two days with Robert K. Hur, the special counsel investigating how classified documents improperly ended up at Mr. Biden’s home and an office he used after leaving the vice presidency, the White House disclosed on Monday.

“The voluntary interview was conducted at the White House over two days, Sunday and Monday, and concluded Monday,” Ian Sams, a White House spokesman, said in a statement.

The interview played out amid the dramatic events in the Middle East, as Hamas militants carried out a major attack on Israel and Mr. Biden met with his national security team and consulted with foreign leaders. The interview’s timing had been arranged several weeks ago, according to a person familiar with the matter.

they must have been pumped when the war in gaza kicked off and the media would care even less about the president being interviewed as part of a criminal investigation into mishandling classified documents.

Willa Rogers
Mar 11, 2005

Well, the good news for the 2024 convention is that they won't have to vote about jerusalem for the platform.

I didn't know that obama personally pushed for that, lol.

RealityWarCriminal
Aug 10, 2016

:o:
I thought Rubin hosed off for threads or bluesky or whatever

RadiRoot
Feb 3, 2007

Agrajag posted:

americans really do have the memory of a loving gnat

:d2a:

Zoeb
Oct 8, 2023

Dislike me? Don't spend $10 on a title. Donate to the Palestinian Red Crescent or Doctors Without Borders
https://www.palestinercs.org/en
https://www.doctorswithoutborders.org/
actual test question I have to write a 500 word essay on within 2 hours: "Assuming you have been tasked (in your role as an adviser to a congress woman) with reviewing the US Patriot Act. What are some changes and/or updates you would propose to be made to the act and why?"

this is for class called "Anti-Money Laundering"

Among other points I said that the US could combat terrorist financing by not engaging in terrorist financing.

mawarannahr
May 21, 2019

Good Soldier Svejk posted:

one of them gets their name in the title and the other is "rep" so that's all you need to know about whoever that piece of poo poo is

Rita Rep.

gradenko_2000
Oct 5, 2010

HELL SERPENT
Lipstick Apathy

Zoeb posted:

actual test question I have to write a 500 word essay on within 2 hours: "Assuming you have been tasked (in your role as an adviser to a congress woman) with reviewing the US Patriot Act. What are some changes and/or updates you would propose to be made to the act and why?"

Among other points I said that the US could combat terrorist financing by not engaging in terrorist financing.

Lol hell yeah

AmiYumi
Oct 10, 2005

I FORGOT TO HAIL KING TORG

my bony fealty posted:

Jennifer Rubin is an actually mentally retarded person, like a legitimate slow person

Uncle Wemus
Mar 4, 2004

Grapplejack
Nov 27, 2007

Who is "we", jen.

Lol but also this is like eight jokes deep I can't explain this image being funny to anyone else

Ham Equity
Apr 16, 2013

The first thing we do, let's kill all the cars.
Grimey Drawer

spacemang_spliff posted:

Has any liberal politician condemned the inevitable civilian deaths from Israel carpet bombing Gazan civilians or do they not count

Israel only bombs terrorists. A "terrorist" is any male between the ages of 8 and 70, and anyone near anyone of that age.

There have been zero civilian deaths so far in the bombing of Gaza.

mawarannahr
May 21, 2019

:patriot:

mawarannahr
May 21, 2019

smug jeebus posted:

I don't

Also Felix is gonna get chapo banned from patreon tonight lol

how?

Telluric Whistler
Sep 14, 2008

RealityWarCriminal posted:

Everyone did in theory but there's just not much engagement outside niche communities on those sites, so the engagement starved blue checks basically all went back to Twitter but maybe simultaneously post to those other platforms.

There was a funny NBA social media thing where a guy posted a major trade about 15 minutes late to Threads because he forgot about it basically.

gradenko_2000
Oct 5, 2010

HELL SERPENT
Lipstick Apathy

RealityWarCriminal posted:

all the not-twitters are never going to prosper as long as twitter is actually still there because everyone is still on twitter anyway

mawarannahr
May 21, 2019

gradenko_2000 posted:

all the not-twitters are never going to prosper as long as twitter is actually still there because everyone is still on twitter anyway

wake me up when you can embed an Ursula Von der Leyen post on any other platform

Lord of Pie
Mar 2, 2007

my bony fealty posted:

Jennifer Rubin is an actually mentally retarded person, like a legitimate slow person

yeah we all saw her twitter flag emojis

Clip-On Fedora
Feb 20, 2011

Martha Stewart Undying posted:

California is just Pompous Texas

i say swears online
Mar 4, 2005

are texans the humble ones in this comparison

MLKQUOTEMACHINE
Oct 22, 2012

Some motherfuckers are always trying to ice-skate uphill

i say swears online posted:

everythings bigger in texas, even humility

Clip-On Fedora
Feb 20, 2011

i say swears online posted:

No, they are hilariously full of themselves. It's just California is Winnie the Pooh in a Tuxedo in this comparison.

i say swears online
Mar 4, 2005

Martha Stewart Undying posted:

everythings bigger in texas, even humility

hell yeah brother

Shageletic
Jul 25, 2007

Zoeb posted:

Isn't the whole thing suspended

The Top G
Jul 19, 2023

by Fluffdaddy

Shageletic posted:

Isn't the whole thing suspended

It’s expired, Donald Trump opted not to renew it

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Business Gorillas
Mar 11, 2009

:harambe:

ProperGanderPusher posted:

Yeah, I was also told that the Palestinians were just modern-day descendants of Philistines and Amalekites and other assorted baddies from the Old Testament who have been trying to steal rightful Jewish land and kill Jews for millennia.

It blew my mind when I learned that the Jews and Muslims got along relatively well for centuries until European Jews began settling the region in the late 19th century.

As an added lol look into how mizrahi (local Middle Eastern) and Ethiopian Jews get treated in Israel

It's always been an Ashkenazi Purity Project