Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

really queer Christmas
Apr 22, 2014

really queer Christmas has issued a correction as of 00:06 on Oct 14, 2023

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

mcmagic
Jul 1, 2004

If you see this avatar while scrolling the succ zone, you have been visited by the mcmagic of shitty lib takes! Good luck and prosperity will come to you, but only if you reply "shut the fuck up mcmagic" to this post!
https://twitter.com/SonnyBunch/status/1711546329262854413

gradenko_2000
Oct 5, 2010

HELL SERPENT
Lipstick Apathy

Frosted Flake posted:

subreddit and I told them to kick rocks while moderating one.

You too huh.

Buck Wildman
Mar 30, 2010

I am Metango, Galactic Governor

no centerfold for you

VomitOnLino
Jun 13, 2005

Sometimes I get lost.

fizzy posted:

Bad news for the geopolitical ambitions of Al-Saqr - Russia is likely to be upset if Ukraine is returned to China, and likewise China is likely to raise objections to any proposed return of Taiwan to Russia.

Thanks for the sensible chuckle in these trying times, dti

Buddykins
Feb 12, 2011

oh? And standing by Israel, who uses white phosphorus in retaliation and murders women and children and cuts off water and food and electricity to millions and bombs indiscriminately and displaces hundreds of thousands of innocents isn't reprehensible? aaaaaaaaaaaaaaAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHH

Buddykins
Feb 12, 2011

really queer Christmas posted:

Absolutely and with all my heart, death to Israel

i say swears online
Mar 4, 2005

comedyblissoption
Mar 15, 2006

PoundSand posted:

Of all the stupid propaganda surrounding this I find one of the most annoying things the repeated phrase "unprovoked" used. I mean in the US there are literally laws about "fighting words", if someone roasts you bad enough outside a bar it can be considered a mitigating factor in the ensuing altercation. General bloodlust of racism as bad as it is feels more understandable and when some senator goes masks off about savages or barbarians they're transparently awful but it's just like, well, xenophobia. When you get the D handwringing from fetterman or w/e about condemning these "unprovoked" attacks while handwringing about the plight of Palestinians it somehow hits worse, it's not so much the same dehumanization as the rhetoric from fascists but the weird doublespeak between acknowledging the personhood while also making it clear that they don't care about their suffering and no amount of it warrants doing anything.

e: like it just really opens the question of if not the last century what exactly would constitute provocation? When are they allowed to be upset? When are they allowed to be angry? When are they allowed to fight back?
propaganda in support of us foreign policy requires enforcing historical amnesia and removal of any context

Clip-On Fedora
Feb 20, 2011

Mean Baby posted:

HAMAS is very, very bad at public relations and politics. They have a very bad public image. This is really on their shoulders.

Good PR teams have rehabilitated and broadened the images of literally all the dictatorship leaders of the Arab Peninsula recently. They hosted the 2020 World Cup in Qatar and they will also be hosting the 2034 World Cup in Saudi Arabia; despite both being apartheid slave states that kill dissidents; all of the back of PR.

If the Palestinians managed to get a good PR team they would all die under mysterious circumstances down to the last man.

holefoods
Jan 10, 2022

jerking off to mia khalifa is praxis

Digital Jedi
May 28, 2007

Fallen Rib

CODChimera
Jan 29, 2009

Buddykins posted:

this poo poo loving sucks man lol

Popy
Feb 19, 2008

sure this guy posts in DnD

PhilippAchtel
May 31, 2011

tristeham posted:

im guessing it's his whole personality. he's comparing hamas to the nazis now

Hamas can't be the Nazis. England and France aren't trying to make deals with them.

HallelujahLee
May 3, 2009

absolute psychopathic vile and insert anything else here

good for her though for sticking up and continuing to do so

PhilippAchtel
May 31, 2011

Mean Baby posted:

HAMAS is very, very bad at public relations and politics. They have a very bad public image. This is really on their shoulders.

Good PR teams have rehabilitated and broadened the images of literally all the dictatorship leaders of the Arab Peninsula recently. They hosted the 2020 World Cup in Qatar and they will also be hosting the 2034 World Cup in Saudi Arabia; despite both being apartheid slave states that kill dissidents; all of the back of PR.

Is this a SYQ or parody?

The Saudis and Qatar get good press because their actions align with Western interests, and so any negative coverage is leashed by our very definitely free press.

Atrocious Joe
Sep 2, 2011

Solidarity with Mia Khalifa and 31 Harvard student orgs
https://twitter.com/nypost/status/1711577558578311663

Buck Wildman
Mar 30, 2010

I am Metango, Galactic Governor

I'm going to bed and when I wake up there better be a loving winner in all this

RealityWarCriminal
Aug 10, 2016

:o:
let's have a round of applause for hamas and hezbollah

Fellatio del Toro
Mar 21, 2009

listen here kiddo, i get it. i dont like the two state solution

and quite frankly, i dont wanna support hamas, it feels like supporting terrorists

but im gonna do it, you wanna know why?

because the alternative is a loving genocide

a genocide! its a genocide!

so maybe we can have a conversation around dismantling the terror network when a genocide isnt happening

maybe we can do that later kiddo. champ. chief. maybe we can talk about it later

Oglethorpe
Aug 8, 2005
Avatar blanked by Admin request.

holefoods posted:

jerking off to mia khalifa is praxis

she has an onlyfans

Zoeb
Oct 8, 2023

Dislike me? Don't spend $10 on a title. Donate to the Palestinian Red Crescent or Doctors Without Borders
https://www.palestinercs.org/en
https://www.doctorswithoutborders.org/

comedyblissoption posted:

propaganda in support of us foreign policy requires enforcing historical amnesia and removal of any context

propaganda in opposition to it gets deleted from social media for "misinformation" or "terrorism" and you have no recourse to the supposedly cherished first amendment.

Mean Baby
May 28, 2005

PhilippAchtel posted:

Is this a SYQ or parody?

The Saudis and Qatar get good press because their actions align with Western interests, and so any negative coverage is leashed by our very definitely free press.

listen to your heart

PhilippAchtel
May 31, 2011

Fellatio del Toro posted:

and quite frankly, i dont wanna support hamas, it feels like supporting terrorists

so maybe we can have a conversation around dismantling the terror network when a genocide isnt happening

maybe we can do that later kiddo. champ. chief. maybe we can talk about it later
/
:champ:

Lpzie
Nov 20, 2006

the liberal world order will not fall

Mantis42
Jul 26, 2010

I've never read Infinite Jest (not a gen xer) but it sounds annoying

RealityWarCriminal
Aug 10, 2016

:o:

lol

Elden Lord Godfrey
Mar 4, 2022
Azerbaijan can ethnically cleanse Nagorno-Karabakh in successive waves of attacks thanks to natural gas sales to the EU, anyone can get good PR if they have the money. Hell their strategy resembles that of the Russia Z freaks.

And no one gives a gently caress and your typical GBS/Reddit imbecile will blame Armenia for being aligned with Russia.

ddinkins
Sep 5, 2012

lol

comedyblissoption
Mar 15, 2006

Zoeb posted:

propaganda in opposition to it gets deleted from social media for "misinformation" or "terrorism" and you have no recourse to the supposedly cherished first amendment.
as liberals love to point out, billionaires censoring is not covered by the first amendment

i say swears online
Mar 4, 2005

quote:

your typical GBS/Reddit imbecile

DancingShade
Jul 26, 2007

by Fluffdaddy

comedyblissoption posted:

as liberals love to point out, billionaires censoring is not covered by the first amendment

That's right. Any citizen is free to exercise their right to free speech and say whatever they want, whenever they want. Just so long as they do that standing on a small wooden box in the middle of the desert, alone, and out of sight of any other living person.

Homeless Friend
Jul 16, 2007

Pulcinella posted:

Lol didn't this fucker literally glorify a literal Nazi just a few days ago?

they were a non violent Nazi

smarxist
Jul 26, 2018

by Fluffdaddy

god drat lol

smarxist
Jul 26, 2018

by Fluffdaddy
i support a two state solution, but its two states overlayered on each other like that china mieville novel, and also i'm a cool detective in one of them

apatheticman
May 13, 2003

Wedge Regret
Surely the UN will take Bibi's declaration of war and use that to hold him to account for any war crimes committed.

Those leaders that espoused rules based international order will get their time to shine!

Well better sleep soundly knowing all is right with the world. Good night thread.

Ghost Leviathan
Mar 2, 2017

Exploration is ill-advised.
I really do get the vibe that even if israel got to succesfully level gaza and slaughter every last palestinean child, they wouldn't even be done before they started eyeing their neighbours twitchily for more lebensraum

If they haven't been doing that already

Majorian
Jul 1, 2009

Atrocious Joe posted:

Solidarity with Mia Khalifa and 31 Harvard student orgs

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

i say swears online
Mar 4, 2005

does the declaration of war mean a de jure recognition of palestinian statehood or did israel declare war on the ghost of arafat or w/e