Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Bird in a Blender
Nov 17, 2005

It's amazing what they can do with computers these days.

I have come to the conclusion that I am bad at FF. I keep dropping guys right before they have a big game. Dropped Dallas DEF week 1 to take WAS @ ARI, had Nacua, but then switched him out for Jakobi Meyers, had Zack Moss and dropped him this week expecting his productivity to nose dive. I do keep running into opponents getting like 40 points over their average though, which isn't helping.

For something actually constructive, I have Tua and Burrow, and I could really use an upgrade at RB. I'm planning to trade one of them to a QB needy team in hopes of upgrading. The problem is I never do trades, and no one in my league really does them either. So I need some help if this trade has even a chance at happening.

I give Burrow and Evan Engram (he also has a bad TE)
I get CMC.

He also has Derrick Henry. I could maybe do a Henry for Burrow swap.

His QB's are Stroud and TLaw, which I think Burrow is a clear upgrade. I have Walker III, Swift, and Rhamondre Stevenson, so I could do Swift and Burrow for CMC, but that feels like an overpay to me. Someone tell me if I'm crazy or not.

Bird in a Blender fucked around with this message at 13:00 on Oct 9, 2023

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

RCarr
Dec 24, 2007

Absolutely no chance of either of those happening.

CMC is arguably the most valuable player in fantasy football. No one is trading him unless they are getting a ridiculously historic haul in return.

Whoreson Welles
Mar 4, 2015

ON TO THE NEXT PAGE!
You are crazy, but not in the way you think.

You might be able to do Burrow+Engram for Henry if the guy is desperate at TE, but yeah no one is giving up CMC unless it’s for multiple elite guys or Justin Jefferson.

Now thanks to Conner finally getting hurt, Pollard going against SF, and Lamar’s receivers all dropping poo poo, I need a 20 point game out of Doubs so I don’t lose to the 0-4 team.

Things are not looking good.

Poque
Sep 11, 2003

=^-^=
I am mad at George Kittle.

Vando
Oct 26, 2007

stoats about
Ask me about getting 49pts from DJ Moore and still not breaking 100 for the week

Silly Burrito
Nov 27, 2007
Probation
Can't post for 2 hours!

Vando posted:

Ask me about getting 49pts from DJ Moore and still not breaking 100 for the week

How do you feel?

Vando
Oct 26, 2007

stoats about

Silly Burrito posted:

How do you feel?

Exclusive

Freezer
Apr 20, 2001

The Earth is the cradle of the mind, but one cannot stay in the cradle forever.
On Moss I think your process was right, just the timing was a bit off. You don't pay your RB 42 million dollars to have him handle a small workload, Taylor will definitely eat most of the backfield work in the next weeks unless he gets hurt again.

Matt Zerella
Oct 7, 2002

Norris'es are back baby. It's good again. Awoouu (fox Howl)

Fight Club Sandwich posted:

It is better to try to do something and fail than to try to do nothing and succeed

Week 3 - Sit Derrick Henry (2.0), Start Josh Kelley (2.7): +0.7, still lost
Week 4 - Sit Jaylen Waddle (8.6), Start Nico Collins (35.8): +27.2, L -> W
Week 5 - Sit Nico Collins (3.9), Start Wan'Dale Robinson (1.9): -2, still won

Idk if you saw my posts but I lost SunGod and swapped in Wandale and rode with you. Didn't work out great but he outscored Sanders so it was the right move.

Poque
Sep 11, 2003

=^-^=
I'm probably just going to start Howell over Dak at this point. Dak is garbage.

Riding with Wan'Dale was the right move given my team unless I was going to start a second TE (Schultz) at flex (I was not going to do this)

kiimo
Jul 24, 2003

Guy in my league was looking to trade Ja'Marr Chase and I offered a third and Jerome Ford and he said yes.

I didn't find out until 9am yesterday that he traded him to someone else for a 3rd and a 8th.

I'm am big mad

edit: also lmao that Chase had like 50+ points but Burrow had like 22

kiimo fucked around with this message at 16:00 on Oct 9, 2023

Kilometers Davis
Jul 9, 2007

They begin again

What do you all think about Thielen?

Bird in a Blender
Nov 17, 2005

RCarr posted:

Absolutely no chance of either of those happening.

CMC is arguably the most valuable player in fantasy football. No one is trading him unless they are getting a ridiculously historic haul in return.

Whoreson Welles posted:

You are crazy, but not in the way you think.

You might be able to do Burrow+Engram for Henry if the guy is desperate at TE, but yeah no one is giving up CMC unless it’s for multiple elite guys or Justin Jefferson.

Now thanks to Conner finally getting hurt, Pollard going against SF, and Lamar’s receivers all dropping poo poo, I need a 20 point game out of Doubs so I don’t lose to the 0-4 team.

Things are not looking good.

Yea ok, I figured it was a stretch. Maybe I'll try for Henry instead, I'll have to think about it.

Fight Club Sandwich
Apr 29, 2006

you want a piece of me???

Matt Zerella posted:

Idk if you saw my posts but I lost SunGod and swapped in Wandale and rode with you. Didn't work out great but he outscored Sanders so it was the right move.

Respect

Poque posted:

I'm probably just going to start Howell over Dak at this point. Dak is garbage.

Riding with Wan'Dale was the right move given my team unless I was going to start a second TE (Schultz) at flex (I was not going to do this)

We're not wrong, we're just early

Dango Bango
Jul 26, 2007

Matt Zerella posted:

I did this too but swapped him in for Addison so it didn't work out that great. (Kirk is my QB and the Vikings' offense disappearing lost me the matchup last week. I swapped in Wan'Dale to diversify my lineup.)

Also, it is wild to me how many players are having massive boom days. This year feels different than years past in that respect.

RisqueBarber
Jul 10, 2005

Kilometers Davis posted:

I think dropping him after week one was a mistake

Bellmaker
Oct 18, 2008

Chapter DOOF

Dango Bango posted:

I did this too but swapped him in for Addison so it didn't work out that great. (Kirk is my QB and the Vikings' offense disappearing lost me the matchup last week. I swapped in Wan'Dale to diversify my lineup.)

Also, it is wild to me how many players are having massive boom days. This year feels different than years past in that respect.

All the 6-9 win teams from last year seem to be 4-6 win teams this year, more trash teams to dunk on.

It feels like there’s only 5 teams atm I’d guarantee hit 10 wins (Chiefs, 49ers, Eagles, Lions, Dolphins)

Bellmaker fucked around with this message at 16:35 on Oct 9, 2023

Docjowles
Apr 9, 2009

Dango Bango posted:

Pollard has definitely been frustrating the last two weeks!

Yeah it sucks, he has been putting up worse numbers every single week. He's still somehow the RB10 so it could be worse, but I think most of us Pollard drafters were looking for consistent 20 point weeks. He has the Chargers next week which should be good? His playoff schedule is rough though, I don't hate the idea of trying to trade him if someone is a true believer.

Kilometers Davis posted:

He is, against all odds, good. Especially as a PPR scam. He's getting fed ludicrous amounts of work, and is the only thing Carolina has going for them. I would be happy to play him every week.

DoctaFun
Dec 12, 2005

Dammit Francis!
Man, can I keep starting both Mostert and Achane every week?

I have Kamara, Walker, mostert, Achane, and Allgeier.

Think it’s worth me trying to trade mostert or something to pickup another WR?

I have JJ, Waddle, Higgins, Flowers.

Either that or try to upgrade Purdy?

Impossibly Perfect Sphere
Nov 6, 2002

They wasted Luanne on Lucky!

She could of have been so much more but the writers just didn't care!

Docjowles posted:

Ok I was feeling really good about my Commanders Giants Patriots start but then I went Ravens and then extra cowardly with Lions today. Picking Broncos and Jets I think I might be able to see your balls in the night sky out my window.

That Giants week sure was a sweat. Then you got it AGAIN with the Broncos lol

Most weeks were a sweat!

After this I am going to start making safer picks. Most people in that pool have already burned thru the safe picks (Chiefs, Bills, Miami, SF, etc) so I'm feeling pretty good about my chances.

DeepDickPizza
Oct 11, 2012

THREE TIME! THREE TIME!
I love Thielen, especially in PPR. Already had him in 3 of 5 leagues and was shocked to be able to grab him off waivers in another yesterday. He's the perfect security blanket in that dismal offense.

Inspector 34
Mar 9, 2009

DOES NOT RESPECT THE RUN

BUT THEY WILL
Bad news about Thielen, he's been riding my bench putting up solid numbers but I think I'm going to actually have him in my lineup moving forward. Production is about to drop big time, I'm so sorry.

Whoreson Welles
Mar 4, 2015

ON TO THE NEXT PAGE!
Yeah it’s me, the guy mega-kicking himself for dropping Thielen after Week 1. The worst part? This week I played the guy who picked him up and I’m probably going to lose.

My frustration was my downfall.

Sweeper
Nov 29, 2007
The Joe Buck of Posting
Dinosaur Gum

Whoreson Welles posted:

Yeah it’s me, the guy mega-kicking himself for dropping Thielen after Week 1. The worst part? This week I played the guy who picked him up and I’m probably going to lose.

My frustration was my downfall.

I drafted him with expectations of being a safety blanket, dropped him week 1 as well, too impatient…

dxt
Mar 27, 2004
METAL DISCHARGE
Looks like Aaron Jones won't play tonight so I get to fire up AJ Dillon and hope he and Maxx Crosby combine for at least 20.5 points! :smithicide:

abelwingnut
Dec 23, 2002

achane possibly has a knee injury, btw.

Sataere
Jul 20, 2005

Step 1: Start fight
Step 2: Attack straw man
Step 3: REPEAT

Do not engage with me

Impossibly Perfect Sphere posted:

Most weeks were a sweat!

After this I am going to start making safer picks. Most people in that pool have already burned thru the safe picks (Chiefs, Bills, Miami, SF, etc) so I'm feeling pretty good about my chances.

The minute you go chalk, you're getting eliminated. Keep spitting in the football gods eye

Pain of Mind
Jul 10, 2004
You are receiving this broadcast as a dream...We are transmitting from the year one nine... nine nine ...You are receiving this broadcast in order t
My ego is glad Aaron Jones will not play tonight and I got 4.8 from Gus Edwards, because I lost by 2 when I just needed the Dallas D to stay within 25 points of the 49ers D and kicker and they couldn't. If Jones played and got enough points to win then I lost because of my poor decisions, when now I lost and there was nothing that could be done, so all is right in the world.

Docjowles
Apr 9, 2009

Sataere posted:

The minute you go chalk, you're getting eliminated. Keep spitting in the football gods eye

Yeah every year there’s a few weeks where you think “I am terrified of all these divisional games with spreads of 1.5 points. I’ll just burn a heavy favorite and move on”.

This angers the football gods, bringing terrible vengeance as the Colts upset the Chiefs, eliminating 75% of the pool in one fell swoop

Sataere
Jul 20, 2005

Step 1: Start fight
Step 2: Attack straw man
Step 3: REPEAT

Do not engage with me

Docjowles posted:

Yeah every year there’s a few weeks where you think “I am terrified of all these divisional games with spreads of 1.5 points. I’ll just burn a heavy favorite and move on”.

This angers the football gods, bringing terrible vengeance as the Colts upset the Chiefs, eliminating 75% of the pool in one fell swoop

It really is fascinating. As a collective, we make assumption on the season and are like 75% wrong, yet still act like we know what we are doing. I always pick the most likely week one winner, then someone act surprised when the Packers win and I'm eliminated week one!

abelwingnut
Dec 23, 2002

holy god, a guy in my home league had chase, etienne, and moore. :stare:

take me you ANIMAL
Nov 28, 2002

Congrats big boy
So with JJ possibly not playing next week, and my bench fill in being Tank Dell who is now in concussion protocols. Who should I target off the wire? My other bench WR are Dotson and Atwell, both of whom I'm not really fond of. I see Samuel, Reynolds, and Downs are still open. As well as someone dropped Gabe Davis, but am pretty sure he won't be available still at the 5th pick on the wire.

Floofy
Jan 17, 2004
Is there a glitch with MNF and yahoo? I saw Jones was marked with the ‘O’ about 2 hours before kick off, so I moved him to IR and added Dillon. And apparently the move doesn’t register until tomorrow, as Yahoo thinks he’s already in week 6. My I sent my commish a message to try and fix my line up, but no bueno. It’s not a thing where we can’t add players the day their playing, happens all the time.

FML he has a touchdown tonight.

RCarr
Dec 24, 2007

Nope, I play on yahoo and was able to IR Jones and pick up and start Dillon no problem.

DeepDickPizza
Oct 11, 2012

THREE TIME! THREE TIME!
Are you sure Dillon wasn't dropped by somebody else, like, yesterday? If that's the case, he could be on waivers instead of a free agent depending on league settings.

And Dillon getting the start got me a sub 1 point loss in one league, and thus 0-4 on the week in all my head to head leagues. Woof. Thought I'd salvage that one.

Anti-Hero
Feb 26, 2004
Drafted Chubb and Gibbs and Daniel Jones. Dropped Jones for Love. Chubb dead. Gibbs was a mistake. Punted on TE.

Oh well, better luck next year. This season is done in that league.

Dango Bango
Jul 26, 2007

Starting Tua over Fields the last two weeks has me at 1-4 instead of 3-2 in my BML :(

Vargo
Dec 27, 2008

'Cuz it's KILLIN' ME!
I made a bonehead reactionary move and dropped Zack Moss before his big blowout, is it worth it for me to drop the rest of my FAAB ($400) to try to get him back?

RCarr
Dec 24, 2007

No

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Bird in a Blender
Nov 17, 2005

Vargo posted:

I made a bonehead reactionary move and dropped Zack Moss before his big blowout, is it worth it for me to drop the rest of my FAAB ($400) to try to get him back?

Yay, someone who is just like me! Despite his huge game, I'm not going to pick him back up because I assume his workload is just going to keep dropping over the next several weeks as they let Taylor get back into shape. I probably should've seen that Moss would've still gotten a pretty good workload this first game back though.