Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.
What is the most powerful flying bug?
This poll is closed.
🦋 15 3.71%
🦇 115 28.47%
🪰 12 2.97%
🐦 67 16.58%
dragonfly 94 23.27%
🦟 14 3.47%
🐝 87 21.53%
Total: 404 votes
[Edit Poll (moderators only)]

Truga
May 4, 2014
Lipstick Apathy

Pistol_Pete posted:

The USA is totally going to lose Ukraine while they're distracted fussing over Israel, aren't they.

god willing they're also going to lose israel while they're distracted fussing over ukraine at the same time

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

gradenko_2000
Oct 5, 2010

HELL SERPENT
Lipstick Apathy

Truga posted:

god willing they're also going to lose israel while they're distracted fussing over ukraine at the same time

Taiwan thinking long and hard about their decisions rn

dk2m
May 6, 2009

Pistol_Pete posted:

The USA is totally going to lose Ukraine while they're distracted fussing over Israel, aren't they.

ukraine never had a chance. republicans balking on them were the first death sentence, they just didn’t realize it. containing Russia isn’t as domestically popular as defeating “terrorism”

DancingShade
Jul 26, 2007

by Fluffdaddy

dk2m posted:

ukraine never had a chance. republicans balking on them were the first death sentence, they just didn’t realize it. containing Russia isn’t as domestically popular as defeating “terrorism”

Turns out its also pretty hard to contain the largest self sustaining arms factory in the world. The wunderwuffins only wuffed.

Truga
May 4, 2014
Lipstick Apathy

gradenko_2000 posted:

Taiwan thinking long and hard about their decisions rn

dark lol that the policy is for taiwan getting the gaza treatment if they start thinking too hard

Pistol_Pete
Sep 15, 2007

Oven Wrangler
Can you ghost an entire country? Biden just leaving longer and longer gaps between replying to Zelensky's text messages (Zelensky always responds straight away) and hoping he'll take a hint lol.

Marenghi
Oct 16, 2008

Don't trust the liberals,
they will betray you

Truga posted:

The man who chases two rabbits, catches neither.

Elias_Maluco
Aug 23, 2007
I need to sleep

paul_soccer12 posted:

I feel like the phenomenon of Israeli flags at pro-bolsonaro/taiwan/hong kong/etc rallies is also just a quick shorthand to demonstrate that your movement wants to suck up to and demonstrate usefulness to US empire

Ah yes, that too.

It has multiple uses and motivations:

- envy /admiration for the apartheid regime
- showing allegiance to the USA
- crazy apocalyptic evangelical stuff
- dodging accusations of being nazis/anti-semites ("lol how can we be nazis?? we love the jews! look of my Israel flag right here!")

gradenko_2000
Oct 5, 2010

HELL SERPENT
Lipstick Apathy

Marenghi posted:

The man who chases two rabbits, catches neither.

read this in Leonard Nimoy's voice

Oglethorpe
Aug 8, 2005
Avatar blanked by Admin request.

Pistol_Pete posted:

Can you ghost an entire country? Biden just leaving longer and longer gaps between replying to Zelensky's text messages (Zelensky always responds straight away) and hoping he'll take a hint lol.

dude biden's ghost is ghosting biden

Truga
May 4, 2014
Lipstick Apathy

gradenko_2000 posted:

read this in Leonard Nimoy's voice

lol

crepeface
Nov 5, 2004

r*p*f*c*

Pistol_Pete posted:

The Ghosted of Kiev

gradenko_2000
Oct 5, 2010

HELL SERPENT
Lipstick Apathy

crepeface posted:

The Ghosted of Kiev

lmao

Truga
May 4, 2014
Lipstick Apathy

crepeface posted:

The Ghosted of Kiev

thread title

Marenghi
Oct 16, 2008

Don't trust the liberals,
they will betray you

crepeface posted:

The Ghosted of Kiev

Lol

mlmp08
Jul 11, 2004

Prepare for my priapic projectile's exalted penetration
Nap Ghost
https://twitter.com/ylenews/status/1711694387762135380?s=46&t=fppHBZSlD4AbSz5pJxjFMQ

Time for more wild speculation.

gradenko_2000
Oct 5, 2010

HELL SERPENT
Lipstick Apathy

he who posted it, did it

Regarde Aduck
Oct 19, 2012

c l o u d k i t t e n
Grimey Drawer

whoever did it, it was by US command

Zodium
Jun 19, 2004

Regarde Aduck posted:

whoever did it, it was by US command

wrong. I simply hate finland.

VoicesCanBe
Jul 1, 2023

"Cóż, wygląda na to, że zostaliśmy łaskawie oszczędzeni trudu decydowania o własnym losie. Jakże uprzejme z ich strony, że przearanżowali Europę bez kłopotu naszego zdania!"

crepeface posted:

The Ghosted of Kiev

Lmao

stephenthinkpad
Jan 2, 2020

Zelensky is working hard for attention.

Psycho Society
Oct 21, 2010

crepeface posted:

The Ghosted of Kiev

:eyepop:

Cao Ni Ma
May 25, 2010

crepeface posted:

The Ghosted of Kiev

Lmao

Dokapon Findom
Dec 5, 2022

But have you considered whether the child murdered by the driver of that truck was riding an oversized bike?!?! Children riding oversized bikes are the scourge of our roadways!!

Some Guy TT posted:

season 2 episode 10 of madame secretary in flashback we learn that evil russian hillary murdered her husband to steal power continuing her streak of being a much cooler hillary than madame secretary herself ever is anyway despite the fact that ukraine tricked us into doing world war three were still enforcing the no fly zone over ukraine and russia bows to the superiority of our incredible airplanes and decides to invade mariupol with ground forces to teach us a lesson

western europe is just going uhhh guys can we have our energy back please and the president is going no gently caress you we cant show weakness in the face of russian aggression reminder that since the air force one hack isnt being blamed on russia as far as everyone can tell we started this by knocking out moscows power grid for no reason and even the characters who explicitly know this like madame secretarys team describe the conflict as being started by russian aggression however as madame secretary herself is sensible shes pushing for a cease fire

I appreciate that I can experience not watching this show by not reading these posts!! :hehe:

WoodrowSkillson
Feb 24, 2005

*Gestures at 60 years of Lions history*

crepeface posted:

The Ghosted of Kiev

:thurman:

stephenthinkpad
Jan 2, 2020
So this Madam Secretary show, basically a campaign for Hilary, actually has half way realistic geopolitic scenario but tell through the extreme liberal wish fulfillment Disney lens?

What other TV shows have slightly more realistic geopilitic plotline? I know a lot of other countries tv industries won't even touch this subject.

VoicesCanBe
Jul 1, 2023

"Cóż, wygląda na to, że zostaliśmy łaskawie oszczędzeni trudu decydowania o własnym losie. Jakże uprzejme z ich strony, że przearanżowali Europę bez kłopotu naszego zdania!"
Conflicting information on Avdeevka at the moment. After several days of heavy bombardment, Russian sources are reporting an attempting encirclement of the AFU garrison in the city. But Ukranian sources are posting that it's already been stopped and there's one video going around of a Russian column being stopped in its tracks.

Guess we'll find out in the next day or so which side is bullshitting or not.

OctaMurk
Jun 21, 2013

stephenthinkpad posted:

What other TV shows have slightly more realistic geopilitic plotline?

yes minister

January 6 Survivor
Jan 6, 2022

The
Nelson Mandela
of clapping
dusty old cheeks

( o(

stephenthinkpad posted:

So this Madam Secretary show, basically a campaign for Hilary, actually has half way realistic geopolitic scenario but tell through the extreme liberal wish fulfillment Disney lens?

What other TV shows have slightly more realistic geopilitic plotline? I know a lot of other countries tv industries won't even touch this subject.

24 was extremely realistic, the idealist optimist nice black president lasted like 2 weeks in office before authorizing torture. And half the terrorists in it are working for the MIC to begin with

hadji murad
Apr 18, 2006
just reading up about Madam Secretary

how’s the chemistry between Tea Leoni and Tim Daly? they might have my interest

gradenko_2000
Oct 5, 2010

HELL SERPENT
Lipstick Apathy
Tea Leoni looking fine as hell is basically the only reason to watch that show

BadOptics
Sep 11, 2012

stephenthinkpad posted:

Black Adder

hadji murad
Apr 18, 2006

gradenko_2000 posted:

wouldn’t be the first show I watched for that reason

WoodrowSkillson
Feb 24, 2005

gradenko_2000 posted:

same reason the X files declined

Frosted Flake
Sep 13, 2011

Semper Shitpost Ubique

gradenko_2000 posted:

Her neurotic energy in Spanglish was top notch.

WoodrowSkillson
Feb 24, 2005

WoodrowSkillson posted:

same reason the X files declined

btw been doing a slow rewatch of the X files because they released remastered HD versions that look fantastic and man that show still holds up and makes modern "prestige" tv really suck rear end.

Organ Fiend
May 21, 2007

custom title

stephenthinkpad posted:

Why the gently caress would you ever want to watch a show about geopolitics? It will either be depressingly realistic or laughably naive.

I consume media to escape from the nihilistic hellworld that is our reality. Try something more optimistic and uplifting like Event Horizon or In The Mouth of Madness.

Elias_Maluco
Aug 23, 2007
I need to sleep

stephenthinkpad posted:

Maybe Homeland? Its been a while I watched, though

edit: vvvvvvv like I said, it’s been a while. I just remember the protagonist drone bombed a wedding and that the USA was trying to kill the iranian president or something

Elias_Maluco has issued a correction as of 15:45 on Oct 10, 2023

mawarannahr
May 21, 2019

Elias_Maluco posted:

Maybe Homeland? Its been a while I watched, though

LOL

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

gradenko_2000
Oct 5, 2010

HELL SERPENT
Lipstick Apathy

stephenthinkpad posted:

Canadian Bacon (1995)
Wag the Dog (1997)
Spinning Boris (2003)