Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Hyperlynx
Sep 13, 2015

Ommin posted:

Well that sucks, but also good to know. The tables will turn now!

No probs. It's a pity about the allergies, too. A friend of mine with cat allergies seems to have had luck with plain ole antihistamines.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

freeedr
Feb 21, 2005

When my hospital was setting up the new EHR system I was one of the super-users tasked with getting in and seeing how it needed to be customized for us etc.

I never remembered this until I saw it again, but on setting up my profile for the first time years ago I typed a bunch of stupid poo poo in the “About me” blanks of my profile and then immediately forgot about it because it never popped up again.

Today I found it again. It’s the patient-facing profile that people have seen when I have been messaging them with results, help, etc. for years.

Oops.

DTaeKim
Aug 16, 2009

I'm sorry, that actually owns.

Taeke
Feb 2, 2010

Yeah, think of how many laughs you gave people!

Malachite_Dragon
Mar 31, 2010

Weaving Merry Christmas magic

DTaeKim posted:

I'm sorry, that actually owns.

CAPTAIN CAPSLOCK
Sep 11, 2001

https://i.imgur.com/MU00s7D.mp4

Elfface
Nov 14, 2010

Da-na-na-na-na-na-na
IRON JONAH

Malachite_Dragon posted:

Oh no, friend, Riccitiello is on a whole other wavelength of Dumbass that few can, or would want to, hope to match. He's the idiot hellfucker responsible who wanted EA to charge players a dollar a reload in their shooty games, and had a direct or indirect hand in all of their most god-awfully monetized games. Riccitiello *is* the dirt beneath the bottom of the barrel, the only way the next guy could do worse is to come up and say word for word "Y'all can eat poo poo, pay us anyway".

The other take I've heard is that (In this individual case) Riccitello is an innocent scapegoat, and the dumb payment plan was mandated by the board. Said board members include a former Twitter board member who was really into Elon buying it, and got fired for giving Melon Husk confidential information beforehand.

So "Eat poo poo pay us anyway" isn't that out there.

zoux
Apr 28, 2006

Just put it in a jar of fried rice

CainFortea
Oct 15, 2004

Elfface posted:

The other take I've heard is that (In this individual case) Riccitello is an innocent scapegoat, and the dumb payment plan was mandated by the board. Said board members include a former Twitter board member who was really into Elon buying it, and got fired for giving Melon Husk confidential information beforehand.

So "Eat poo poo pay us anyway" isn't that out there.

The idea that Riccitello is an innocent scapegoat is laughable. Everyone was in on it, he gets his golden parachute and then some other overpaid CEO job, Unity makes no changes.

Ror
Oct 21, 2010

😸Everything's 🗞️ purrfect!💯🤟

I have never been let down by deep fried food, I would try the deep fried phone

Snowglobe of Doom
Mar 30, 2012

sucks to be right

zoux posted:

Just put it in a jar of fried rice

Too late, its circuits are all burnt

DoctorTristan
Mar 11, 2006

I would look up into your lifeless eyes and wave, like this. Can you and your associates arrange that for me, Mr. Morden?

Snowglobe of Doom posted:

Too late, its circuits are all burnt

Boooooooooo

Soul Dentist
Mar 17, 2009

freeedr posted:

When my hospital was setting up the new EHR system I was one of the super-users tasked with getting in and seeing how it needed to be customized for us etc.

I never remembered this until I saw it again, but on setting up my profile for the first time years ago I typed a bunch of stupid poo poo in the “About me” blanks of my profile and then immediately forgot about it because it never popped up again.

Today I found it again. It’s the patient-facing profile that people have seen when I have been messaging them with results, help, etc. for years.

Oops.

Yeah what an embarrassing typo lol

Dillbag
Mar 4, 2007

Click here to join Lem Lee in the Hell Of Being Cut To Pieces
Nap Ghost

I was working next to a friend at McDicks in the early 90's who did this with his watch, except he was kinda dumb and reached in to grab it. I drove him to the hospital.

zoux
Apr 28, 2006

My uncle did that once, my mom said his entire hand blistered up like he was wearing a white latex glove

Shit Fuckasaurus
Oct 14, 2005

i think right angles might be an abomination against nature you guys
Lipstick Apathy
Had a coworker at Publix who swore up and down that as long as your hand was wet, it could safely go in the fryer for a couple minutes. We tried to correct him (it's fractions of a second and only at low temperature) and I guess the next day when I was off he decided to prove it.

He was not correct and I never saw him again. They had a hazmat team disinfect the fryer and it was down for like two weeks. Thanks, Donnie.

TACD
Oct 27, 2000

I have been having a Bad Week:
  • Yesterday I deleted most of the files from my work’s shared Teams drive because I was trying to delete a shortcut to the folder.
  • Today I was trying to send myself access details to AWS so I could authenticate on a new machine. I fat-fingered the address and emailed all my AWS login information to a stranger.
  • While resetting my passwords I discovered that, hilariously, I do not have the permissions to disable or delete my AWS secret key.
  • The power in my neighbourhood has gone out while I was halfway through a presentation for tomorrow.

I am now reaching a state of Zen calm by drinking whiskey and preparing to eat a takeaway in the dark.

ThisIsJohnWayne
Feb 23, 2007
Ooo! Look at me! NO DON'T LOOK AT ME!

Don't worry you can probably get a new job. Especially if you learn a new (human) language.

E: Or hell, an alien one might be even better

Ommin
Apr 5, 2006
I like to watch CinemaSins and Honest Trailers for all the movies I'm curious about but don't want to watch. It's like Cliff's Notes with commentary notes to use in conversation to "prove you watched it."

Hyperlynx posted:

No probs. It's a pity about the allergies, too. A friend of mine with cat allergies seems to have had luck with plain ole antihistamines.
It's fine. Oddly, cats are the only animals that I am known to be allergic to, but I am allergic to drat near everything else. Pretty much every tree, grass, mold or pollen; drat near every seasonal allergy, I nearly max out everything on those prick tests (wink). I get weekly shots and take daily meds; I was just not meant to exist in this world apparently.

Hyperlynx
Sep 13, 2015

Ommin posted:

It's fine. Oddly, cats are the only animals that I am known to be allergic to, but I am allergic to drat near everything else. Pretty much every tree, grass, mold or pollen; drat near every seasonal allergy, I nearly max out everything on those prick tests (wink). I get weekly shots and take daily meds; I was just not meant to exist in this world apparently.

drat! That's rough 😔

GotLag
Jul 17, 2005

食べちゃダメだよ

How are people so careless with expensive, fragile devices?

BlackIronHeart
Aug 2, 2004

PROCEED

GotLag posted:

How are people so careless with expensive, fragile devices?

The deep fryer ain't that fragile.

SiKboy
Oct 28, 2007

Oh no!😱

BlackIronHeart posted:

The deep fryer ain't that fragile.

Physically, no. Emotionally? Woof, whole other story.

Brain Curry
Feb 15, 2007

People think that I'm lazy
People think that I'm this fool because
I give a fuck about the government
I didn't graduate from high school

deep fried apple, yum

ThisIsJohnWayne
Feb 23, 2007

Brain Curry posted:

deep fried apple, yum

Took me a second and then I laughed so hard I got embarrassed. So dumb, so good, congrats

Inceltown
Aug 6, 2019

Ommin posted:

Sounds like someone telling you to touch grass sounds like it should be a bannable offence for threatening you.

StrixNebulosa
Feb 14, 2012

You cheated not only the game, but yourself.
But most of all, you cheated BABA

freeedr posted:

Oops.

:laffo:

PurpleXVI
Oct 30, 2011

Spewing insults, pissing off all your neighbors, betraying your allies, backing out of treaties and accords, and generally screwing over the global environment?
ALL PART OF MY BRILLIANT STRATEGY!

freeedr posted:

Oops.

This is probably the funniest thing posted in this thread in weeks.

Canuckistan
Jan 14, 2004

I'm the greatest thing since World War III.

Soiled Meat
PYF Schadenfreude: I will live forever and never know envy.

Subjunctive
Sep 12, 2006

✨sparkle and shine✨

freeedr posted:

Oops.

My wife is one of the Epic trainers for her hospital, she’s going to love this.

Hexyflexy
Sep 2, 2011

asymptotically approaching one

You need a medal for that, I'm not sure what it should say though

Shit Fuckasaurus
Oct 14, 2005

i think right angles might be an abomination against nature you guys
Lipstick Apathy

Canuckistan posted:

ThisIsJohnWayne
Feb 23, 2007

Canuckistan posted:

ekuNNN
Nov 27, 2004

by Jeffrey of YOSPOS

freeedr posted:

Oops.
lmao so good

https://va.media.tumblr.com/tumblr_s2bh1mA6hB1qigfjt.mp4

there's a couple of dumb fake clips in this compilation, but also a bunch of good ones
https://va.media.tumblr.com/tumblr_s2bky5UVbQ1r0uzl6.mp4

MrYenko
Jun 18, 2012

#2 isn't ALWAYS bad...

freeedr posted:

Oops.

Change nothing.

zoux
Apr 28, 2006

Honestly, that's what you want out of a health care provider.

Malachite_Dragon
Mar 31, 2010

Weaving Merry Christmas magic

Canuckistan posted:

Splicer
Oct 16, 2006

from hell's heart I cast at thee
🧙🐀🧹🌙🪄🐸

Ommin posted:

Have you considered a medical tapeworm

Mauser
Dec 16, 2003

How did I even get here, son?!

freeedr posted:

Oops.

:lol:
I would love to know how many people have viewed the profile. I'm assuming you have to click through to it somehow and most have never seen this

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

U-DO Burger
Nov 12, 2007

freeedr posted:

Oops.

oh my god lol