Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

TheKingofSprings
Oct 9, 2012

CLAM DOWN posted:

better things aren't possible

Care to elaborate?

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

corgiwizard
Oct 27, 2020

She has Chowsen the establishment

corgiwizard
Oct 27, 2020

does Ezra Levant like Jews now?

TheKingofSprings
Oct 9, 2012
You do not, under any circumstances got to hand it to Hamas

OldAlias
Nov 2, 2013

TheKingofSprings posted:

:rolleyes:

wynott dunn
Aug 9, 2006

What is to be done?

Who or what can challenge, and stand a chance at beating, the corporate juggernauts dominating the world?

TheKingofSprings posted:

why?

pokeyman
Nov 26, 2006

That elephant ate my entire platoon.

corgiwizard posted:

does Ezra Levant like Jews now?

when did he not?

his colleagues, sure.

RealityWarCriminal
Aug 10, 2016

:o:
1943, Warsaw: You do not, under any circumstances got to hand it to the Jewish Resistance

Arivia
Mar 17, 2011

RealityWarCriminal posted:

1943, Warsaw: You do not, under any circumstances got to hand it to the Jewish Resistance

wow i can't believe you're comparing israel to nazis!!!

Isizzlehorn
Feb 25, 2010

:lesnick::lesnick::lesnick::lesnick::lesnick::lesnick:

*waving Palestinian flags*

*chanting 'Free Palestine'*

hmmmm sounds like hamas and terrorisms

Suplex Liberace
Jan 18, 2012

death to the state of Israel

Rockstar Massacre
Mar 2, 2009

i only have a crazy life
because i make risky decisions
from a position of
unreasonable self-confidence

Frosted Flake posted:

I've noticed more of an aggressive meathead energy on cops walking beats even in quaint tourist filled areas. Is this just a change in recruiting lately?

you might remember about a bit of a kerfuffle that happened during COVID that gave most of the civilized world a chance to referendum the role of police in society, that lead to huge portions of normal people to fall somewhere on the ACAB spectrum

in response, police and their supporters have really doubled down on the 'us vs them', 'thin blue line', 'we are the sheepdog' philosophy that gives them a pass to be shitheads. i'm willing to bet this has affected recruiting.

yellowcar
Feb 14, 2010

hamas kicks rear end actually

Frosted Flake
Sep 13, 2011

Semper Shitpost Ubique

Rockstar Massacre posted:

you might remember about a bit of a kerfuffle that happened during COVID that gave most of the civilized world a chance to referendum the role of police in society, that lead to huge portions of normal people to fall somewhere on the ACAB spectrum

in response, police and their supporters have really doubled down on the 'us vs them', 'thin blue line', 'we are the sheepdog' philosophy that gives them a pass to be shitheads. i'm willing to bet this has affected recruiting.

They're really chipping away at the idea of public service eh?

FormaldehydeSon
Oct 1, 2011

I'm never voting again lmao

Noblesse Obliged
Apr 7, 2012

she’s so stupid. the right will hang her from a lamp post if they could regardless of how fash she becomes. now she’s alienating anyone who might be an ally to her.

just zero survival instincts.

Frosted Flake
Sep 13, 2011

Semper Shitpost Ubique

Noblesse Obliged posted:

she’s so stupid. the right will hang her from a lamp post if they could regardless of how fash she becomes. now she’s alienating anyone who might be an ally to her.

I remember when she was a shoo in to lead the NDP lmao

Noblesse Obliged
Apr 7, 2012

Frosted Flake posted:

I remember when she was a shoo in to lead the NDP lmao

she’s perfect for NDP

crispyseaweed
Sep 21, 2008

Noblesse Obliged posted:

no one is going to remember in a few weeks just like the whole clapping for a nazi thing

corgiwizard
Oct 27, 2020

ol’ ham rear end

Turpitude
Oct 13, 2004

Love love love

be an organ donor
Soiled Meat

yellowcar posted:

toronto police are too busy seizing arquebuses off the streets

this made me remember when during the G20 they seized a bunch of a larper's foam swords that he had on the subway and displayed them for a photo op like they were machine guns

mediaphage
Mar 22, 2007

Excuse me, pardon me, sheer perfection coming through

Noblesse Obliged posted:

she’s perfect for NDP

impossiboobs
Oct 2, 2006

Turpitude posted:

this made me remember when during the G20 they seized a bunch of a larper's foam swords that he had on the subway and displayed them for a photo op like they were machine guns

I was at the LARP event that he went to. That dude is a friend of mine. He ended up being two hours late to the game because he was detained and no one could get a hold of him since he couldn't use his phone. As far as I know, he never got his chainmail vest back either.

Edit to add: the funniest part was the caption on the photo, which included foam-tipped LARP arrows. The cops wrote something like "the arrows were covered in cloth so they could be lit on fire and shot at police".

impossiboobs has issued a correction as of 03:10 on Oct 10, 2023

corgiwizard
Oct 27, 2020

impossiboobs posted:

I was at the LARP event that he went to. That dude is a friend of mine. He ended up being two hours late to the game because he was detained and no one could get a hold of him since he couldn't use his phone. As far as I know, he never got his chainmail vest back either.

Edit to add: the funniest part was the caption on the photo, which included foam-tipped LARP arrows. The cops wrote something like "the arrows were covered in cloth so they could be lit on fire and shot at police".

not a bad suggestion

tristeham
Jul 31, 2022

TheKingofSprings posted:

stfu

impossiboobs
Oct 2, 2006

corgiwizard posted:

not a bad suggestion

I think it's against the Amtgard rules of play, but I'll allow it.

Escape Goat
Jan 30, 2009

Noblesse Obliged posted:

she’s perfect for NDP

Lustful Man Hugs
Jul 18, 2010

I think this is the breaking point for me. I'm never supporting the NDP again in any measure.

Escape Goat
Jan 30, 2009

Lustful Man Hugs posted:

I think this is the breaking point for me. I'm never supporting the NDP again in any measure.

What have you got against landlords

TheKingofSprings
Oct 9, 2012

yellowcar posted:

hamas kicks rear end actually

Alright I’ll bite, why is that

infernal machines
Oct 11, 2012

we monitor many frequencies. we listen always. came a voice, out of the babel of tongues, speaking to us. it played us a mighty dub.

Lustful Man Hugs posted:

i'm not going to argue you out of that, but she's doing this as the mayor of toronto, she's not NDP in any meaningful sense here

we don't have municipal political parties in toronto

corgiwizard
Oct 27, 2020

Save us, Dimitri Lascaris!

corgiwizard
Oct 27, 2020

infernal machines posted:

i'm not going to argue you out of that, but she's doing this as the mayor of toronto, she's not NDP in any meaningful sense here

Noblesse Obliged
Apr 7, 2012

what are the actual NDP leaders stance on this?

TheKingofSprings
Oct 9, 2012

Noblesse Obliged posted:

“Holy poo poo holy poo poo holy poo poo”

DaysBefore
Jan 24, 2019

Noblesse Obliged posted:

quote:

[...]The terrorist attacks by Hamas on thousands of innocent Israeli civilians are unjustifiable. We are shocked by the brutality, missile attacks, kidnappings, and targeting of civilians including the elderly and children. These are war crimes and must be prosecuted. We call for the immediate safe return of all hostages and call on the government of Canada to do everything in its power to ensure the release of Canadians among the captives.

This morning, Israel’s ground operation into Gaza commenced. Civilians in Gaza are caught in a horrific cycle of violence; like the Israeli civilians killed over the past few days, Gazans are victims of Hamas’ brutality.[...]

https://www.ndp.ca/news/ndp-statement-devastating-violence-israel-and-palestine

Lol

infernal machines
Oct 11, 2012

we monitor many frequencies. we listen always. came a voice, out of the babel of tongues, speaking to us. it played us a mighty dub.

Noblesse Obliged posted:

quote:

Ontario NDP Leader Marit Stiles joined the premier in his condemnation, calling the violence “horrifying.”

“I’m thinking of all those affected by this violence and join the call for a swift de-escalation and the protection of civilian lives.”

Jagmeet Singh posted:

I strongly condemn these horrifying attacks by Hamas on Israel.

Civilians should never be targeted and all hostages must be released immediately.

We fear what the coming days will bring. Terrorism and violence solve nothing.

if you mean about the demonstration in toronto, i don't know that either of them have weighed in on it.

Frosted Flake
Sep 13, 2011

Semper Shitpost Ubique

You do, they even share a colour with the NDP

FormaldehydeSon
Oct 1, 2011

Lustful Man Hugs posted:

For real holy poo poo. Absolutely disgusted by the state of politics in this country. I realize that was already a pretty low bar but all the outright mask off genocide cheering has completely broken my brain. I'm moving to Iran gently caress it

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

TheKingofSprings
Oct 9, 2012

FormaldehydeSon posted:

I'm moving to Iran gently caress it

GLHF