Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

WHY BONER NOW
Mar 6, 2016

Pillbug
Damning with faint praise there

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Ramie
Mar 2, 2021

nuh-uh. this is the best part

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=PhrwA4PiLjo

warning for a semi (?) cartoonish slit throat

Ramie fucked around with this message at 16:17 on Oct 9, 2023

Looper
Mar 1, 2012
the level intros are really good, my fave was the shadows of the damned one

SkeletonHero
Sep 7, 2010

:dehumanize:
:killing:
:dehumanize:

Looper posted:

the level intros are really good, my fave was the shadows of the damned one

It was especially good because there is zero indication that's what it's gonna be. You boot up "Serious Moonlight" and get a Final Fantasy-esque title screen and then...Garcia loving Hotspur loving dies.

PowerBeard
Sep 4, 2011

Looper posted:

the text adventure bits are the best part of travis strikes again...

If only someone had made a mod where you only did the text adventure.

Cause screw that racing segment with the gear shifting.

Zulily Zoetrope
Jun 1, 2011

Muldoon

Sally posted:

love the inverted British aesthetic of the game. Team Yell being obnoxious football hooligans is hilarious. reading reviews it sounds like they got a lot of flak for being a joke but as far as expectations being subverted from something like Team Rocket it's working for me.

The big reason folks are down on them is that the previous generation pulled off similar beats much better with Team Skull. Everyone adores Team Skull.

Sally
Jan 9, 2007

Don't post Small Dash!
lookin up team skull they look pretty fun. i dont have a 3DS though... hmm whatre the odds it gets a rerelease on the Switch?

do the DLCs for Pokemom games ever go on sale? the Scottish DLC for Sword/Shield looks pretty fun. but wondering if maybe i just save my money for another game. perhaps get Arceus or Violet/Scarlet if i get a hankering for more Pokemon

Zulily Zoetrope
Jun 1, 2011

Muldoon
I don't think a Switch rerelease is likely, and I wouldn't bank on the DLC going on sale, either.

I'd recommend springing for Scarlet/Violet if you're hankerin for more pokémon. Or Arceus, if that appeals to you; it has far fewer trainer battles and no gym circuit, and instead the gameplay is entirely centered around filling out the pokédex.

Hrist
Feb 21, 2011

Lipstick Apathy
Scarlet and Violet are much more open world, where Sword and Shield are just long hallways. But SV also has huge performance issues in comparison. It's not unplayable. But it's noticeable pretty often.

B33rChiller
Aug 18, 2011

I just noticed katamari damacy reroll is 75% off in the eshop. We ❤️ only has 25% on the bundle, which basically gives you a couple costume dlcs for free if you pay full price for the game.

100YrsofAttitude
Apr 29, 2013

B33rChiller posted:

I just noticed katamari damacy reroll is 75% off in the eshop. We ❤️ only has 25% on the bundle, which basically gives you a couple costume dlcs for free if you pay full price for the game.

I don't mind paying full price for We ❤️, but I've still got too many things to play atm before I can justify purchasing it. So I'll... just... wait. (I'll probably get it this weekend gently caress the rest.)

Inzombiac
Mar 19, 2007

PARTY ALL NIGHT

EAT BRAINS ALL DAY

I can't wait for the Switch 2 so that I can play Age of Calamity above 10 FPS.

abelwingnut
Dec 23, 2002

how far is too far for joycons?

i've googled around and found mixed reports, anywhere from 8' to 20'. i'm about 8' away with my new oled, and they keep disconnecting--probably once every 10min or so. the switch's in sight, though maybe my arms are moving every so slightly out-of-sight for a few seconds here and there.

the only possible issue i could think of is it's right next to my ps5 on the middle shelf of an audio rack where everything's fairly close together. there are a few receivers, computers, etc. around it. maybe some other device is interfering with the radio signal? that'd be weird, though, given i first tried this last night and only the switch, tv, and mac mini were on.

anyone had issues at this distance? i updated the switch and the controllers and all that.

SettingSun
Aug 10, 2013

Joycons communicate with bluetooth so it could be interference. Most BT devices are rated for around 30 feet under ideal conditions.

Commander Keene
Dec 21, 2016

Faster than the others

Another thing I've heard is to watch how you're gripping the joycons; if you're covering the front, your hands might be disrupting the signal.

BigDumper
Feb 15, 2008

Neddy Seagoon posted:

Looks like you found the best use, and target, for it already, OP.

:drat:

Len
Jan 21, 2008

Pouches, bandages, shoulderpad, cyber-eye...

Bitchin'!

abelwingnut posted:

how far is too far for joycons?

i've googled around and found mixed reports, anywhere from 8' to 20'. i'm about 8' away with my new oled, and they keep disconnecting--probably once every 10min or so. the switch's in sight, though maybe my arms are moving every so slightly out-of-sight for a few seconds here and there.

the only possible issue i could think of is it's right next to my ps5 on the middle shelf of an audio rack where everything's fairly close together. there are a few receivers, computers, etc. around it. maybe some other device is interfering with the radio signal? that'd be weird, though, given i first tried this last night and only the switch, tv, and mac mini were on.

anyone had issues at this distance? i updated the switch and the controllers and all that.

According to Nintendo all of these things can gently caress with your joycons

quote:

Ensure that the Nintendo Switch console is placed to minimize interference with the Joy-Con. It is best if the Nintendo Switch console is placed out in the open and that it is not:
Behind a TV
Near an aquarium
Placed in or under a metal object
Pressed against a large amount of wires and cords
Within three to four feet of another wireless device, such as a wireless speaker or a wireless access point.
Check for possible sources of interference and turn them off. Interference can be caused by devices, such as:
Laptops, tablets, etc.
Wireless headsets
Wireless printers
Microwaves
Wireless speakers
Cordless phones
USB 3.0-compatible devices such as hard drives, thumb drives, LAN adapters, etc.

abelwingnut
Dec 23, 2002

lol, yea, i think i check every box but the aquarium and microwave ones there. not necessarily in a metal box, but surrounded by a decent amount of metal regardless.

alright, i'll play with its position. thanks. didn't realize it would be THAT sensitive to other electronics. the ps5 works fine, but this is a switch after all. i'm sure the bluetooth is weaker here for reasons.

Mega64
May 23, 2008

I took the octopath less travelered,

And it made one-eighth the difference.
That is why it's recommended to put your Switch in an oven and never in a microwave.

B33rChiller
Aug 18, 2011

Mega64 posted:

That is why it's recommended to put your Switch in an oven and never in a microwave.

Some people have e to put theirs in the fridge.

Electric Phantasm
Apr 7, 2011

YOSPOS

Super Mario Wonder: you can turn off the talking flowers

https://twitter.com/DynamoSuperX/status/1711471345022726368

Hellioning
Jun 27, 2008

I have very specific interests in gaming and voice acted comments for option menu decisions is one of them.

jackhunter64
Aug 28, 2008

Keep it up son, take a look at what you could have won

I think it was Viewtiful Joe where the pause menu asks if you're stopping to take a poo poo.

John Wick of Dogs
Mar 4, 2017

A real hellraiser

A talking flowers is for babies and I'm not a baby. I'm a man, Tina. I'm a man

Mega64
May 23, 2008

I took the octopath less travelered,

And it made one-eighth the difference.
Keep the flowers reading comments but they're Miiverse posts.

saladscooper
Jan 25, 2019

THUNDERDOME LOSER 2019

Hellioning posted:

I have very specific interests in gaming and voice acted comments for option menu decisions is one of them.

my favorite example of this is in the game Drawn to Life for the DS where when when you put the DS in sleep mode you get a sound byte of the characters saying "Awwwwwww" and when you open it up again they say "yaaaaaay"

as a kid i used to cycle through them a bunch for fun instead of actually, playing the game

maybeadracula
Sep 9, 2022

by sebmojo
People who silence the flower don't deserve new Mario games

Especially on a first playthrough

Waffle!
Aug 6, 2004

I Feel Pretty!

Make the flower read these posts.

Morpheus
Apr 18, 2008

My favourite little monsters
If you silence the flower it should immediately delete your game and saves, then revoke your purchase.

RCarr
Dec 24, 2007

Morpheus posted:

If you silence the flower it should immediately activate the seldom used self destruct feature of the switch.

DLC Inc
Jun 1, 2011

hope Mario Wonder does well enough to get us Wario Wonder DLC where he just takes an edible and sits down for 8 hours

Large Testicles
Jun 1, 2020

[ASK] ME ABOUT MY LOVE FOR 1'S

DLC Inc posted:

hope Mario Wonder does well enough to get us Wario Wonder DLC where i take an edible and sit down for 8 hours and play it the whole time

hatty
Feb 28, 2011

Pork Pro
I wouldn’t mind the flower if it didn’t have a Nintendo direct announcer voice. I’ll switch the language to Spanish or something

An Actual Princess
Dec 23, 2006

"Yoshi"

What is he? What's his deal?

Rupert Buttermilk
Apr 15, 2007

🚣RowboatMan: ❄️Freezing time🕰️ is an old P.I. 🥧trick...

An Actual Princess posted:

"Yoshi"

What is he? What's his deal?

The craziest thing about Yoshi, for me, is how Miyamoto has gone on record to say that he wanted to include him in the first Super Mario Bros game, but the technology wasn't there to pull it off the way he envisioned it.

Hrist
Feb 21, 2011

Lipstick Apathy

hatty posted:

I wouldn’t mind the flower if it didn’t have a Nintendo direct announcer voice. I’ll switch the language to Spanish or something

I seriously thought the voice was just something they did for the direct. But then the next direct had more of them, and I hated it.

"Uwoooooh! Nice job on the obvious jump, bud! Nap time is soon. Remember to take a break every 10 minutes."

elf help book
Aug 5, 2004

Though the battle might be endless, I will never give up

Hrist posted:

I seriously thought the voice was just something they did for the direct. But then the next direct had more of them, and I hated it.

"Uwoooooh! Nice job on the obvious jump, bud! Nap time is soon. Remember to take a break every 10 minutes."

Scared of nap time?

Large Testicles
Jun 1, 2020

[ASK] ME ABOUT MY LOVE FOR 1'S

elf help book posted:

Scared of nap time?

nap time fuckin rules, i wish i still got nap time

hatty
Feb 28, 2011

Pork Pro
Naps are a trap. I always feel worse after them

Adbot