Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

AnimeIsTrash
Jun 30, 2018

paul_soccer12 posted:

Hamas needs better Public Relations AND Human Resources departments

lmfao

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

ContinuityNewTimes
Dec 30, 2010

Я выдуман напрочь

HallelujahLee posted:

im not watching this because the description alone makes me rage

Never watch the BBC

William Bear
Oct 26, 2012

"That's what they all say!"
About 40 minutes until something happens in Ashkelon.

https://www.theguardian.com/world/live/2023/oct/10/israel-hamas-war-live-updates-palestine-gaza-supernova-white-house

Fellatio del Toro
Mar 21, 2009

personally, if i was in charge of the military and someone told me that they would kill hostages if i didnt stop bombing civilians, i would simply take the easiest humanitarian, moral, and PR slam dunk of all time

Hatebag
Jun 17, 2008

Dr. VooDoo posted:

Not even seeing this guy as a person. The man’s talking about how Israel is massacring innocent Palestinians which includes six of his own family members who don’t have panic rooms and poo poo, something the BBC and other western media has been crowing about how targeting civilians makes HAMAS subhuman monsters, and just glosses right over it to try and get a gotcha “DO YOU LOVE HAMAS?!” question and no matter what he says just keeps asking a different variation of the same question

journalism selects and promotes amoral little freaks that regurgitate whatever nazi bullshit they're told to without question.

lobster shirt
Jun 14, 2021

Fellatio del Toro posted:

personally, if i was in charge of the military and someone told me that they would kill hostages if i didnt stop bombing civilians, i would simply take the easiest humanitarian, moral, and PR slam dunk of all time

i would surrender, if i was in charge of th e idf

ContinuityNewTimes
Dec 30, 2010

Я выдуман напрочь

Herd a bunch of civilians into a small space then bomb them?

Frosted Flake
Sep 13, 2011

Semper Shitpost Ubique

The cost of doing anything but bombing civilians is too high for Israel, and this has been clear since 2006 or 2014.

inferis
Dec 30, 2003

is there anywhere I can donate for aid to Palestine?

Fellatio del Toro
Mar 21, 2009

inferis posted:

lol

smoobles
Sep 4, 2014

ContinuityNewTimes posted:

Herd a bunch of civilians into a small space then Bob them?

why'd you edit th funniest typo of the week

ContinuityNewTimes
Dec 30, 2010

Я выдуман напрочь

inferis posted:

Do you like prison?

ContinuityNewTimes
Dec 30, 2010

Я выдуман напрочь

smoobles posted:

why'd you edit th funniest typo of the week

Motherfucker

Dr. VooDoo
May 4, 2006

If the IDF actually locates where the hostages are being held they’ll simply bomb the area to kill HAMAS members and go “Look what they made us do!” and all the freaks in the west will nod their heads and cite the death of hostages as the reason Israel should keep doing a genocide

Like it’s not even hyperbole to say the hostages best chance of survival is HAMAS’s restraint instead of hoping the IDF can control their desire to bomb civilians

HallelujahLee
May 3, 2009

inferis posted:

i have severe doubts any aid is even reaching them at all im almost sure the apartheid regime has cut off all access

webcams for christ
Nov 2, 2005

inferis posted:

Palestine Children's Relief Fund

HallelujahLee posted:

i have severe doubts any aid is even reaching them at all im almost sure the apartheid regime has cut off all access

yeah the org is good, but don't expect the aid to be rapid-response

docbeard
Jul 19, 2011

Death By The Blues posted:

I know Iran currently isn't doing well economically and is politically divided but its next level delusional that Americans think it would be easy to defeat and conquer. Big country lots of people, be a nightmare.

Americans think every place would be easy to conquer.

gradenko_2000
Oct 5, 2010

HELL SERPENT
Lipstick Apathy
https://twitter.com/joshrogin/status/1711564263402209307

right-wing hack for the WaPo provides a boilerplate description of the rules-based international order and all the replies are about how he needs to gently caress off because Israel shouldn't be obliged to do any of it

ContinuityNewTimes
Dec 30, 2010

Я выдуман напрочь

gradenko_2000 posted:

right-wing hack for the WaPo provides a boilerplate description of the rules-based international order and all the replies are about how he needs to gently caress off because Israel shouldn't be obliged to do any of it

Israel has a right to defend itself

smoobles
Sep 4, 2014

Israel is extremely bad at defending itself, hence this whole series of events.

HallelujahLee
May 3, 2009

under international law israel actually doesnt a have right to defend itself because its a occupying apartheid force

i hear a liberal crying in the distance about rules

Frosted Flake
Sep 13, 2011

Semper Shitpost Ubique

So when Israel bombs Syria, Syria also has a right to defend itself, right?

hadji murad
Apr 18, 2006

Dr. VooDoo posted:

Not even seeing this guy as a person. The man’s talking about how Israel is massacring innocent Palestinians which includes six of his own family members who don’t have panic rooms and poo poo, something the BBC and other western media has been crowing about how targeting civilians makes HAMAS subhuman monsters, and just glosses right over it to try and get a gotcha “DO YOU LOVE HAMAS?!” question and no matter what he says just keeps asking a different variation of the same question

that guys the biggest diplomat I’ve ever seen. how could he maintain his composure under that awful line of questioning

Dr. VooDoo
May 4, 2006

Israel has a right to defend itself

But not Palestine, even though they’re the ones constantly faced with an outside country using their military to take over their land, place armed people in their stolen homes, and tell those people they’re free to kill Palestinians. The only thing they can do is peacefully demonstrate. Israel is allowed to kill peaceful protestors, however, because they have a right to defend themselves. I still can’t figure out why a violent reactionary group has formed in Palestine it’s such a mystery they just must hate freedom

ContinuityNewTimes
Dec 30, 2010

Я выдуман напрочь

Frosted Flake posted:

So when Israel bombs Syria, Syria also has a right to defend itself, right?

Can you not read? Israel has a right to defend itself.

Not So Fast
Dec 27, 2007

paul_soccer12 posted:

Hamas needs better Public Relations AND Human Resources departments

smh this entire conflict could be solved if Hamas had a Diversity, Equity and Inclusion department

Fellatio del Toro
Mar 21, 2009

hes right though

its extremely normal to bomb a hospital and say "there were bad guys there" or just "it was a whoopsie" and it is very much in the interests of the US that this norm be maintained

Red Baron
Mar 9, 2007

ty slumfrog :)

smoobles posted:

Israel is extremely bad at defending itself, hence this whole series of events.

a pitch-hitter but for Israel’s defense

ContinuityNewTimes
Dec 30, 2010

Я выдуман напрочь
It's like how medieval lords jealously defended their rights and privileges. Israel has the right to defend itself

Frosted Flake
Sep 13, 2011

Semper Shitpost Ubique

Can you not read? Israel has a right to defend itself.

Does the US have a right to defend itself?

smoobles
Sep 4, 2014

The D&D thread is a microcosm of the IP conflict because nobody there reads more than one page back, they just get angry at one of the last few posts. Goldfish brained debaters.

mcmagic
Jul 1, 2004

If you see this avatar while scrolling the succ zone, you have been visited by the mcmagic of shitty lib takes! Good luck and prosperity will come to you, but only if you reply "shut the fuck up mcmagic" to this post!

My family friend and his wife and 3 kids who are in Tel Aviv sure are having a fun vacation.........

kecske
Feb 28, 2011

it's round, like always

I'm no smart lawyer guy but im pretty sure that self-defense and retaliation are legally distinct from each other?

HallelujahLee
May 3, 2009

i support the two state solution

palestine/palestine

gradenko_2000
Oct 5, 2010

HELL SERPENT
Lipstick Apathy

Not So Fast posted:

smh this entire conflict could be solved if Hamas had a Diversity, Equity and Inclusion department

the only DEI we're going to get out of this is Agnus

Dr. VooDoo
May 4, 2006

I’m sorry but Israel has a right to defend itself from danger and they just handed me a note that says “Any living Palestinian is a danger.” That’s the rules, I’m afriad. You Palestinians should really have thought about this before existing

smoobles
Sep 4, 2014

Hamas must elect more women.

Zodium
Jun 19, 2004

gradenko_2000 posted:

watching the enforcement of perceptual alignment in real time is always neat.

docbeard
Jul 19, 2011

HallelujahLee posted:

under international law israel actually doesnt a have right to defend itself because its a occupying apartheid force

i hear a liberal crying in the distance about rules

You leave speng alone

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

HallelujahLee
May 3, 2009

docbeard posted:

You leave speng alone