Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

gimme the GOD DAMN candy
Jul 1, 2007
it's not a danger sense. it's a plot sense. without it, he tends to wander off and get lost. the original power is also probably too complicated for a newspaper strip. jumping around, dodging attacks- there's not really room for that in the strips.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Murdstone
Jun 14, 2005

I'm feeling Jimmy

The spider-sense in NSM only detects when he's in a security line at an airport and wearing his costume under his street clothes.

Guess she'll just have to call Bruce Banner. Or Luke Cage. Or Tony Stark. Or all of them.

Volmarias
Dec 31, 2002

EMAIL... THE INTERNET... SEARCH ENGINES...

Jeez Peter, learn to satisfy your wife would you?

MorningMoon
Dec 29, 2013

He's been tapping into Aunt May's bank account!
Didn't I kill him with a HELICOPTER?
Look, last time MJ got laid a werewolf started attacking the city. Peter ain't taking any chances.

Haifisch
Nov 13, 2010

Objection! I object! That was... objectionable!

Taco Defender

Murdstone
Jun 14, 2005

I'm feeling Jimmy

Nerdhead?

MUST...CRUSH...NEWSPAPER!

MorningMoon
Dec 29, 2013

This implies that MJ thinks the spider sense works like in all other media while Newspaper Peter is fully aware that it just does whatever it wants

Volmarias
Dec 31, 2002

MorningMoon posted:

This implies that MJ thinks the spider sense works like in all other media while Newspaper Peter is fully aware that it just does whatever it wants

Middle school boy spider sense

maltesh
May 20, 2004

Uncle Ben: Still Dead.

To be fair, you don't actually know how to tail a superhero who's out crimefighting.

You know how to remotely photograph fights that you deliberately maneuver into your automatic camera's field of view by being dozens of times more agile and stronger than the people you're beating up.

Knormal
Nov 11, 2001

Man, they really do all come from this arc.

Jerusalem
May 20, 2004

Would you be my new best friends?

We know he's right, but in the context of what we've seen so far and what Peter himself knows, he has no reason to think Mysterio is a problem for him or is actually a threat to him.

Also, "why didn't my Spider-Sense warn me where to find him?" .... it's a big loving city, Peter!

MorningMoon
Dec 29, 2013

Knormal posted:

Man, they really do all come from this arc.

I'm just assuming we're getting jumped by the gently caress YOU one any day now

MorningMoon
Dec 29, 2013

Murdstone
Jun 14, 2005

I'm feeling Jimmy

No way!

Well that's lucky.

MorningMoon
Dec 29, 2013

Murdstone posted:

Well that's lucky.
Hahah he's just like me fr fr

:smith:
at least air fryers exist now so hot dogs can turn out a whole lot better

Very compelled to see what the gently caress Mysterio is plotting here because in the present day this is how Mysterio is loving with Peter

Ikasuhito
Sep 29, 2013

Haram as Fuck.

I think the pilot is just circling the block. Over a dozen panels and they're still no farther from Jonah and Robbie.

Sockser
Jun 28, 2007

This world only remembers the results!

MorningMoon posted:

Hahah he's just like me fr fr

:smith:
at least air fryers exist now so hot dogs can turn out a whole lot better

Very compelled to see what the gently caress Mysterio is plotting here because in the present day this is how Mysterio is loving with Peter

Red shirt, blue hat, working at a news stand...

Is that... Benevenstanciano?

Haifisch
Nov 13, 2010

Taco Defender

MorningMoon
Dec 29, 2013

It all comes together!

Ikasuhito
Sep 29, 2013

Haram as Fuck.

Nice of them to wrap up that little thread everyone forgot about a month and a half ago.

Cattail Prophet
Apr 12, 2014

I actually was thinking to myself when Aunt May was excited about Doc Ock leaving, "But wasn't the whole point of you getting a tenant in the first place that you got spooked by burglars and don't feel safe alone? That part hasn't changed." So unironically yes, it was nice of them to do that.

MorningMoon
Dec 29, 2013

Love this dude's face, specially panel 2, the platonic ideal of a creep :allears:

Red Warrior
Jul 23, 2002
Is about to die!

"Oh hey dude is that the locket I stole from that old lady a month ago?"
"Aw nice of you to notice, yeah, after you gave it to me I was gonna fence it but just thought it looked good on me ya know?"
"Yeah cool man, it totally suits you, glad you like it."
"Thanks buddy, let's go rob someone else, maybe we'll find something nice for you too."

Volmarias
Dec 31, 2002

Red Warrior posted:

"Oh hey dude is that the locket I stole from that old lady a month ago?"
"Aw nice of you to notice, yeah, after you gave it to me I was gonna fence it but just thought it looked good on me ya know?"
"Yeah cool man, it totally suits you, glad you like it."
"Thanks buddy, let's go rob someone else, maybe we'll find something nice for you too."

:kimchi:

Ikasuhito
Sep 29, 2013

Haram as Fuck.

And then he abandoned him!

Turns out their love was not stronger than the fear of getting punched in the face by Spider-Man.

Murdstone
Jun 14, 2005

I'm feeling Jimmy

Well it is a torch, dude.

Murdstone fucked around with this message at 23:12 on Oct 10, 2023

maltesh
May 20, 2004

Uncle Ben: Still Dead.
That second panel makes it look like Mysterio can see Parker squatting on the wall a dozen feet off to the left of the burglar.

Mysterio: "Effing finally. We've been staging crimes for five hours all around Parker and this is the first time he's actually noticed."

Haifisch
Nov 13, 2010

Taco Defender

MorningMoon
Dec 29, 2013

you know, we don't actually see him take off his shoes, and i think it's at least two outfit changes since we even saw his shoes. I think he forgot to put them on entirely.

is it just me or has it been a lot of helicopter arcs this year?

Murdstone
Jun 14, 2005

I'm feeling Jimmy

Haifisch
Nov 13, 2010

Taco Defender

MorningMoon
Dec 29, 2013

kinda glad to see Spidey be cool for a few strips

Murdstone
Jun 14, 2005

I'm feeling Jimmy

The Competent Spider-Man!

"Gotta pay my Peter Parker fees again."

Bruceski
Aug 21, 2007

The tools of a hero mean nothing without a solid core.

Con Edison is a NYC power company. Also a good summary of Edison.

Haifisch
Nov 13, 2010

Taco Defender

MorningMoon
Dec 29, 2013

so, with this we're just about halfway done with this arc. It's kinda hitting that there's a lot of strips being posted when less is more. Rather than keep this one going for the rest of the year and then some, would you all like if I just hit the highlights? This arc and the early part of the next arc are what I've been itching to show the most ever since the summer.

Murdstone
Jun 14, 2005

I'm feeling Jimmy

MorningMoon posted:

so, with this we're just about halfway done with this arc. It's kinda hitting that there's a lot of strips being posted when less is more. Rather than keep this one going for the rest of the year and then some, would you all like if I just hit the highlights? This arc and the early part of the next arc are what I've been itching to show the most ever since the summer.
I'm good with whatever you want to post. I kind of like seeing different eras of NSM.

gimme the GOD DAMN candy
Jul 1, 2007
i'm more into the insane wrestling poo poo than the suspiciously competent super heroics. but still, it's nsm. the poor pacing is its signature trait.

Volmarias
Dec 31, 2002

"The guy who shoots spider webbing definitely couldn't have just done that again and used the momentum to swing through the door on the other side! I am a very smart criminal, and

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Kantesu
Apr 21, 2010

Murdstone posted:

I'm good with whatever you want to post. I kind of like seeing different eras of NSM.

Is that a spider-mug? If so, cool, but also seems like it'd make people suspect that Peter Parker might be Spider-Man.