Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Dick Jones
Jun 20, 2002

Number 2 Guy at OCP

Mauga.

He's like one of those Talon heavy gunners from the Retribution mission but with more anger issues.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

PantsBandit
Oct 26, 2007

it is both a monkey and a boombox
Mystery Heroes, aka, Die Until You Get Zarya

headcase
Sep 28, 2001

PantsBandit posted:

Moira, Sigma, Hog, Illari work pretty well too.

Gravitas Shortfall
Jul 17, 2007

Utility is seven-eighths Proximity.

PantsBandit posted:

Play Until One Team Gets GOATS

Proven
Aug 8, 2007

Lurker
Fitzy going over the Sombra changes. They're wiiiild:
https://youtu.be/gNItk3D132o
Fitzy will also be interviewing Overwatch 2 developers at 2pm EST on his stream.

Meanwhile, Blizzard also put out a blog post so all the changes are available in text form.
https://overwatch.blizzard.com/en-gb/news/24009616/

And Overwatch twitter posted a quick short to see some of these number changes in action.

https://twitter.com/playoverwatch/status/1710324220444500180?s=46

PantsBandit
Oct 26, 2007

headcase posted:

Moira, Sigma, Hog, Illari work pretty well too.

Had one recently where the other team got hog, moira, zarya, sombra, and one other I don't remember. That was fun.

Altared State
Jan 14, 2006

I think I was born to burn

Proven posted:

Fitzy going over the Sombra changes. They're wiiiild:
https://youtu.be/gNItk3D132o
Fitzy will also be interviewing Overwatch 2 developers at 2pm EST on his stream.

Meanwhile, Blizzard also put out a blog post so all the changes are available in text form.
https://overwatch.blizzard.com/en-gb/news/24009616/

And Overwatch twitter posted a quick short to see some of these number changes in action.

https://twitter.com/playoverwatch/status/1710324220444500180?s=46

Blizzard still proving they have no idea what they are doing

novaSphere
Jan 25, 2003

Fitzy's chat is pretty salty but on paper Sombra's stats look pretty good? The gun buffs alone are nice and just having an on-demand DoT 'nuke' that deals 110-120 on a 6 second cooldown honestly sounds great, and even though it's a skillshot I imagine it'll have a decent hitbox.

novaSphere fucked around with this message at 20:04 on Oct 6, 2023

Aexo
May 16, 2007
Don't ask, I don't know how to pronounce my name either.
I only caught it in passing (working with Fitzy in the background), but it sounds like translocator can't be set and used whenever, like it activates after a certain amount of time after being thrown?

Proven
Aug 8, 2007

Lurker

Aexo posted:

I only caught it in passing (working with Fitzy in the background), but it sounds like translocator can't be set and used whenever, like it activates after a certain amount of time after being thrown?

0.25 seconds after being thrown. As recompense, it also gets thrown with 3x the velocity and gets thrown straighter.

In terms of survivability, it’s a big nerf. In terms of killing potential, Virus doing 100 damage base means that if you do run behind enemy lines you can assassinate any lone 200hp character really easily. It’s just going to be so hard to get out afterward that we’ll have to see if the trade off is worth it.

Scrub-Niggurath
Nov 27, 2007

It's also important to emphasize that DoT effects are significantly weaker since there's so much healing flying around. Even a 2s effect means that if there's something like Illari pylon or a Lucio/Brig healing aura going on, the effect won't be nearly as strong as just getting whacked for 120dmg

Aexo
May 16, 2007
Don't ask, I don't know how to pronounce my name either.
Let the DoT arms race begin!

Dick Jones
Jun 20, 2002

Number 2 Guy at OCP

Was Sombra even broken to begin with? I don't remember seeing anything on Reddit or YouTube about her having an unfair advantage. My biggest gripe was the Roadhog nerf that allowed hooked squishies to survive a point blank shot.

Live At Five!
Feb 15, 2008
Sombra hasn't been meta since they nerfed EMP, but im glad for this rework. Sombra was just lovely to play against, being able to reposition in an instant was incredibly unfun to play against. I'm glad they're forcing Sombra to commit instead of being able to hack and shoot and blink out immediately. I think she'll still be good, but requires some amount of thought before engaging unlike before.

PantsBandit
Oct 26, 2007

I think she's in a very similar position to brigitte in that she's perfectly usable but her loop just isn't that interesting.

Scrub-Niggurath
Nov 27, 2007

Dick Jones posted:

Was Sombra even broken to begin with? I don't remember seeing anything on Reddit or YouTube about her having an unfair advantage. My biggest gripe was the Roadhog nerf that allowed hooked squishies to survive a point blank shot.

Sombras really good at the lower ranks where people don't react to her picking off healers in the back line, and really good at the absolute highest levels of play since you can actually coordinate a dive to instantly delete a squishy and her EMP is still probably one of the strongest ults in the game for high level coordinated play

BabyRyoga
May 21, 2001

THUNDERDOME LOSER 2021

Proven posted:

So...

:sits in awkward silence for roughly 4 seconds and shuffles around some papers, before emoting "ah, yes" motion and gesturing towards the page repositioned to the front of the stack:

Must be really awkward being in a position where you have absolutely no idea what the gently caress you are doing.

Proven
Aug 8, 2007

Lurker
About that…

Questron put out a video more or less stating that they took the tactic that was used for Illari (and to a lesser extent Lifeweaver) which was get the mechanics to a decent point, then buff up the numbers until it feels good.

https://youtu.be/EluifA3yKqw?si=rBDfoJGyDA9-U1Vh

And for the Fitzy interview, here’s the YouTube mirror:

https://youtu.be/pIxHn5Q3lkU?si=ZazPC1NCzdhInkjR

novaSphere
Jan 25, 2003

KarQ put a summary of tomorrow's changes up:

https://youtu.be/iBfbFveZq9U?si=poZxLtkGMniQj8W2

Highlight for me is group respawns, where allied players that die within 5s of each other get their respawn timers averaged out instead. Also Illari's stupid heal beam nerfed to 105 HP/s which is still really good but not "heals more than coalescence" when combined with pylon

d0grent
Dec 5, 2004

some footage of new sombra in action

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Y3qVpaLqfJM

I actually think this looks a lot more fun and engaging

pointlessone
Aug 6, 2001

The Triad Frog is pleased with this custom title purchase.
Balanced matchmaking, y'all.

BabyRyoga
May 21, 2001

THUNDERDOME LOSER 2021

pointlessone posted:

Balanced matchmaking, y'all.

You are dying 8 times per 10 minutes? Do you work for Blizzard or something?

Herstory Begins Now
Aug 5, 2003
SOME REALLY TEDIOUS DUMB SHIT THAT SUCKS ASS TO READ ->>
what are you doing that you do 83k damage but only get 4 kills in 7 hours.

comedyblissoption
Mar 15, 2006

complaining about the matchmaking giving imbalanced games is totally fair game and that looks really out of whack. there can be factors like tilt, not adjusting to the new meta, coming back after a long break, sticking with a nerfed character, teaming with an improperly rated friend, or whatever that can also explain that.

if the matchmaker works properly you should be converging back to a skill rating where you get a 50% win rate from that point forward, although you're going to have that net gulf of losses for that particular season.

Hashy
Nov 20, 2005

d0grent posted:

some footage of new sombra in action

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Y3qVpaLqfJM

I actually think this looks a lot more fun and engaging

I think that people are going to lose their poo poo with how effortlessly she deletes 200hp targets out of stealth now. It's so much worse even than her most overtuned early overwatch 2 state

Gravitas Shortfall
Jul 17, 2007

Yeah, playing Ana is going to be impossible

Hashy
Nov 20, 2005

playing ANY 200dps hero is going to be maddening, she's like a tracer with a helix rocket. I watched arrge play ONE MATCH against a sombra and he was practically spitting mad by the end

BabyRyoga
May 21, 2001

THUNDERDOME LOSER 2021
Let's take this character that is already extremely strong and problematic for many reasons, and make them even stronger and more problematic

Why was Sombra reworked to begin with?

Jack Trades
Nov 30, 2010

Blizzard keep proving that they have no idea what they're doing.

Jack Trades
Nov 30, 2010

:10bux: battle pass.

Free.

Next season's mythic skin is going to be Moira and it's just going to be a recolor of the default skin.

Hashy
Nov 20, 2005

BabyRyoga posted:

Why was Sombra reworked to begin with?
Blizzard mostly sees the "set up transponder at a health pack and try to assassinate someone on cool down" thing that low level players do as degenerate and said they were trying to get her be involved in skirmishes

They forgot when they had to nerf her into the ground because she could spawn camp the poo poo out of people and people complained because it's really unfun to play against. Get ready for a new era of that until they nerf virus so much her entire kit becomes a textureless grey slush or nerf her gun so hard she can't contribute damage and nobody plays her again. This rework is so misguided

Gravitas Shortfall
Jul 17, 2007

Honestly trying to work out what my counter-play as Ana would be, apart from "never use my abilities", because as soon as they're on cooldown a Sombra can just delete me

Jack Trades
Nov 30, 2010

I fired up the game to check on whatever they have been adding recently and I loving burst out laughing when I saw this screen.

Loudly announcing this feature in your trailer when you only have one intern working on it in your spare time is loving embarrassing.

dogstile
May 1, 2012

fucking clocks
how do they work?
I actually picked up paladins and lmao, makoa is the perfect roadhog rework

hope and vaseline
Feb 13, 2001

Gravitas Shortfall posted:

Yeah, playing Ana is going to be impossible

gotta find that brig duo to sit there and shield you!

headcase
Sep 28, 2001

They will probably nerf her gun dps until she needs better collaboration and timing and can't 1-clip without using both abilities and hitting headshots.

pointlessone
Aug 6, 2001

The Triad Frog is pleased with this custom title purchase.

Herstory Begins Now posted:

what are you doing that you do 83k damage but only get 4 kills in 7 hours.

Lobbing thorns down range results in a lot of damage and assists, but almost no solo kills.

BabyRyoga posted:

You are dying 8 times per 10 minutes? Do you work for Blizzard or something?

Welcome to bronze 5 role queue support. Ironically, also silver 4 in open queue. Placed both of them with full 15 losses this season.

This season, I mained Lifeweaver because while you can't heal the stupid down here, you can at least forcibly reposition it and prevent the inevitable Orisa ult from wiping your team. The number of times over the course of this season that I've out damaged at least one dps while primarily heal botting was far too many while barely pulling 2k a game. Combined with the usual bronze joys of DPS running off to try to camp spawn while all five of the red team are on point, sniper Doomfists, sub 1000 healing support partners, losing a 1v5 and blaming the healers, the endless parade of smurfs who seemed to only get asked on the red team...

It was just extra brutal this season.

Proven
Aug 8, 2007

Lurker
Going to also link Questron’s pre-release game:

https://youtu.be/BJ3lzMn_l8E

The thing that stood out to me is that supports need to stay grouped with someone with awareness to cover for them. This gives a reason for Supports to have high healing. And it’s the level of aggression I think all DPS need to have in order to have any real impact and keep pressure off of their Tank.

I like it, but DPS is my worst role and I just Stan Fitzy and Questron.

d0grent
Dec 5, 2004

pointlessone posted:

Lobbing thorns down range results in a lot of damage and assists, but almost no solo kills.

Welcome to bronze 5 role queue support. Ironically, also silver 4 in open queue. Placed both of them with full 15 losses this season.

This season, I mained Lifeweaver because while you can't heal the stupid down here, you can at least forcibly reposition it and prevent the inevitable Orisa ult from wiping your team. The number of times over the course of this season that I've out damaged at least one dps while primarily heal botting was far too many while barely pulling 2k a game. Combined with the usual bronze joys of DPS running off to try to camp spawn while all five of the red team are on point, sniper Doomfists, sub 1000 healing support partners, losing a 1v5 and blaming the healers, the endless parade of smurfs who seemed to only get asked on the red team...

It was just extra brutal this season.

you're losing because you're playing lifeweaver hth

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Gravitas Shortfall
Jul 17, 2007

I'm a support main but healing is so loving overtuned rn. You can get a tank down a sliver of health but half a second later they're back on full