Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Beasteh
Feb 12, 2012

I'M QUESTIONING MY EXISTENCE AND THIS IDIOT JUST WANTS TO PEE OFF A WALL

More Animal Crossing vids released, getting major Fabuland vibes (yes I am old)

Kapp'n set looks great

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

HootTheOwl
May 13, 2012

Hootin and shootin

Butterfly Valley posted:

lmao are you arguing that plants and tigers have less universal appeal than loving metroid? I love the metroid games but you're massively overstating their appeal. Metroid is well loved by its fans but ultimately it's a niche series.

Tigers, yeah. but to be honest, and as someone with nearly everything in the botanicals line, their popularity surprised me.

HootTheOwl
May 13, 2012

Hootin and shootin
https://www.lego.com/en-us/product/piranha-plant-71426
Parana Plant page

Shit Fuckasaurus
Oct 14, 2005

i think right angles might be an abomination against nature you guys
Lipstick Apathy
As an Old who doesn't know Animal Crossing at all the only character I recognize at all is the raccoon, who must be one of the Nooks (Tom?) and even that I only know because of web comics (it's my understanding he forces you into slavery in exchange for a tiny house? Why do people like this?). I went to look up a cheat sheet for the rest but there's like a hundred characters. Does it matter at all?

Marmaduke!
May 19, 2009

Why would it do that!?

Zwille posted:

you should see just what you get when you put it in the cart, for me the halloween stuff already seems to be sold out (might be regional so very much YMMV) (also they now tell you the estimated worth of your new VIP points from that purchase, which is neat and new IIRC)

Nice, there were actually three freebies plus the double points (which I needed to update as my last points were gonna expire). Got caught out by a captcha though, asking a goon about stairs indeed

Beasteh
Feb 12, 2012

Nook commits vile usury

People love the game because it's a chill village simulator with dressup and crafting/fishing

Joementum
May 23, 2004

jesus christ
Not seeing the witch in the US store. :(

bird with big dick
Oct 21, 2015

I thought people were talking about Asheron’s Call.

Shit Fuckasaurus
Oct 14, 2005

Lipstick Apathy

bird with big dick posted:

I thought people were talking about Asheron’s Call.

Honestly it took me a bit to realize it wasn't Assassin's Creed. I stopped playing that series when it got extremely stupid with the modern day sections so I was willing to accept that any and every modern set could conceivably be in that setting.

Skios
Oct 1, 2021
Full Animal Crossing lineup.

TorakFade
Oct 3, 2006

I strongly disapprove

I kind of want the pirate cove thing, and I was looking at the 3-in-1 pirate ship to go with barracuda bay shipwrecked version + eldorado fortress. With the cove too that'd make for a nice diorama!

I also want the viking village, but well, since the Majisto GWP is coming, I have to save some expensive items for next month I guess :v:

Please someone talk some sense into me :ohdear:

Shit Fuckasaurus
Oct 14, 2005

Lipstick Apathy

Okay, Nook was right and Bunnie is a bun, so far so good...

Julien the unicorn? Rosie the... deer? gently caress it, I'm never gonna remember this, just gonna call it Fabuland 2 and refer to animals by apparent species.

Oxyclean
Sep 23, 2007

Honestly was expecting Isabelle to be in the most expensive set, or for more of the sets to have a lot of faff to increase prices.

Beasteh posted:

Nook commits vile usury

People love the game because it's a chill village simulator with dressup and crafting/fishing
Broke: Tom Nook is an evil capitalist who traps you in debt in a company town
Woke: Tom Nook gives you a home that you can pay down at your own leisure with no interest, rent or utilities in a walkable community

Doctor Spaceman
Jul 6, 2010

"Everyone's entitled to their point of view, but that's seriously a weird one."
AC might be the most overloaded initials in gaming because on top of the aforementioned series you've also got Ace Combat and Armored Core.

Tarquinn
Jul 3, 2007

I know I’ve made some very poor decisions recently, but I can give you
my complete assurance that my work will be back to normal.
Hell Gem

Doctor Spaceman posted:

AC might be the most overloaded initials in gaming because on top of the aforementioned series you've also got Ace Combat and Armored Core.

Asheron’s Call also used to be a thing.

Anyway, I’d rather have your two AC examples as kits, than NuFabuland with a license. But then, I am probably not the target demographic for this anyway.

Carbohydrates
Nov 22, 2006

Listen, Mr. Kansas Law Dog.
Law don't go around here.
Savvy?

poo poo Fuckasaurus posted:

As an Old who doesn't know Animal Crossing at all the only character I recognize at all is the raccoon, who must be one of the Nooks (Tom?) and even that I only know because of web comics (it's my understanding he forces you into slavery in exchange for a tiny house? Why do people like this?). I went to look up a cheat sheet for the rest but there's like a hundred characters. Does it matter at all?
Animal Crossing is a slow paced, slice-of-life game that's about building up your house and town and generally vibing with your buds.

Tom Nook, Kapp'n, and Isabelle are core characters who are always around your town.

Julian, Marshall, Bunnie, Rosie, and Fauna are all standard villagers who can move into and out of your town. Julian and Marshall in particular have been extremely popular for the past couple of games in the series.

In the earlier AC games, Tom Nook was much more of a ball buster, essentially tricking you into working for him to pay off a house. In the modern games, he basically provides whatever you need for you to do your own thing and it's much more chill and laid back.

Beasteh
Feb 12, 2012

poo poo Fuckasaurus posted:

Okay, Nook was right and Bunnie is a bun, so far so good...

Julien the unicorn? Rosie the... deer? gently caress it, I'm never gonna remember this, just gonna call it Fabuland 2 and refer to animals by apparent species.

All you need to know is that the best villager is named Kid Kat, Hope This Helps

xzzy
Mar 5, 2009

Doctor Spaceman posted:

TF2 is up there too.

But I think AC wins overall.

Shit Fuckasaurus
Oct 14, 2005

Lipstick Apathy

Beasteh posted:

All you need to know is that the best villager is named Kid Kat, Hope This Helps

If that's the name of a cat I'm in.

Carbohydrates posted:

Animal Crossing is a slow paced, slice-of-life game that's about building up your house and town and generally vibing with your buds.

I'm generally aware of the game, but playing it would require buying a Switch, and when I wanted one they weren't available and now they're very expensive given what they are. That said I can't even remember the names of people I work with every day so these little bobbleheads never stood a chance.

Shit Fuckasaurus fucked around with this message at 15:20 on Oct 10, 2023

Waltzing Along
Jun 14, 2008

There's only one
Human race
Many faces
Everybody belongs here
The Animal Crossing sets are weird. The small set is $15 for 170 pieces. That's fine.
But then the big set is $75 for 530 pieces. I don't see anything special other than the two minifig heads. The Isabelle house is okay at around $40 for 390 pieces. The other two sets also have poo piece to price ratios. One does have a big row boat piece and an umbrella.

E: the mystic witch will not be available in the US/CA. Oh well. Per LEGO customer service. I'm guessing our resident LEGO person could have confirmed this, as well.

Veotax
May 16, 2006

Waltzing Along posted:

E: the mystic witch will not be available in the US/CA. Oh well. Per LEGO customer service. I'm guessing our resident LEGO person could have confirmed this, as well.

Sorry, if this was being discussed earlier I missed it.
The witch GWP is Europe only. There's a relatively small number of them in the warehouse. I guessing they found some stock from last year that didn't move or something and saved them.
There's probably not enough of them to make it worth splitting them up between EMEA, the US and AUNZ. So Europe only.

You see this happen with returning GWP's from time to time. Seen some that have been US only in the past.

Waltzing Along
Jun 14, 2008

There's only one
Human race
Many faces
Everybody belongs here
That's the problem with relying on rumors for this stuff. They are just rumors. Really wish LEGO would just start the calendars again.

gschmidl
Sep 3, 2011

watch with knife hands

My order is at 129.98 and the witch threshold is at 130 and they can blow me.

Orvin
Sep 9, 2006

gschmidl posted:

My order is at 129.98 and the witch threshold is at 130 and they can blow me.

My order of $99.99 got me the spooky pirate added to the cart.

So I just went ahead and grabbed the Santa’s visit set for the future. I will keep the market village in the back of my mind for when a nifty GWP comes along, or when I really need to pad a smaller order for something.

Big Bowie Bonanza
Dec 30, 2007

please tell me where i can date this cute boy
I'm a pretty infrequent lego buyer but my gf is obsessed with them and I know she'll want the Animal Crossing ones. What's the best way for me to track when it becomes available for preorder?

Waltzing Along
Jun 14, 2008

There's only one
Human race
Many faces
Everybody belongs here
Pre-order? That's pretty rare. They will be available march 1st, 2024. Target, Walmart, Amazon, Best Buy will all sell them but it might take a week or two for them to show up. Sometimes a big box store puts things out early by mistake.

Also, the 5 sets will cost $170 total, I think.

Big Bowie Bonanza
Dec 30, 2007

please tell me where i can date this cute boy
Got it, I seemed to remember preorders being a thing but maybe I'm wrong. Thanks for the info

Blue Moonlight
Apr 28, 2005
Bitter and Sarcastic

Big Bowie Bonanza posted:

I'm a pretty infrequent lego buyer but my gf is obsessed with them and I know she'll want the Animal Crossing ones. What's the best way for me to track when it becomes available for preorder?

The few times they’ve done preorders in recent memory, you just need to sign up to the Lego Insiders program and be ready to order at the time it goes live because the three hamsters powering the servers with their hamster wheels will quickly get overwhelmed.

mutata
Mar 1, 2003

Poor dears.

Habibi
Dec 8, 2004

We have the capability to make San Jose's first Cup Champion.

The Sharks could be that Champion.
If anyone wants that derpy ginormous Hulkbuster so they can rebrick it into that one guy's much more awesome MOC, Amazon has them for $300.

Taeke
Feb 2, 2010

Blue Moonlight posted:

The few times they’ve done preorders in recent memory, you just need to sign up to the Lego Insiders program and be ready to order at the time it goes live because the three hamsters powering the servers with their hamster wheels will quickly get overwhelmed.

Yeah, I remember with the Tallneck I was an hour late on the first batch and it was sold out but managed to order on the second batch literally within two or three minutes of getting the email only for it to delayed a couple of times because I still wasn't fadt enough.

Phy
Jun 27, 2008

Fun Shoe

Doctor Spaceman posted:

AC:AC/AC:AC. with Ezio Auditore in an X-02 Wyvern dueling Isabella in the Nineball Seraph

I don't know from Asheron's Call

MarxCarl
Jul 18, 2003

TorakFade posted:

I kind of want the pirate cove thing, and I was looking at the 3-in-1 pirate ship to go with barracuda bay shipwrecked version + eldorado fortress. With the cove too that'd make for a nice diorama!

I also want the viking village, but well, since the Majisto GWP is coming, I have to save some expensive items for next month I guess :v:

Please someone talk some sense into me :ohdear:

Buy the 3-in-1 Pirate ship. It’s a really good build, and goes well with Barracuda Bay. It’s also over 3 years old so may be retired soon.

Shit Fuckasaurus
Oct 14, 2005

Lipstick Apathy

Big Bowie Bonanza posted:

Animal Crossing will be a normal theme so the sets are likely to last around a year in stores and will likely be available for most or all of that time, even if this turns out to unexpectedly do crazy numbers.

Target has regular sales in the vein of $5/10 gift card with the purchase of $25/50 of Lego or toys (incl. Lego). These are the most reliable way to get ~20% off (less depending on how far you overshoot) and you can all but guarantee one such sale a quarter. Theme-specific sales go much much harder in the paint, but also cause the theme to appear in ads which can cause it to sell out, so do ya feel lucky?

Additionally if it sells as well as it's definitely going to there's a distinct possibility of a second wave of sets, so bear that in mind. Possibly a Collectable Minifig (CMF) series as well, sky's the limit. If that happens pop back in here, some of us are dumb and buy CMFs by the case and will happily get you what you and your gf want for less than eBay without the guesswork.

I've been out of the Lego buying game (and this this thread) for twoish years, but it's genuinely one of the best Lego communities and has helped me out a shitton when I had a terrible buying addiction (to be clear, helped me acquire more plastic, not helped me cope with addiction. The thread will not do the latter, even if we try our best).

Carbohydrates
Nov 22, 2006

Listen, Mr. Kansas Law Dog.
Law don't go around here.
Savvy?

Not technically a leak, I will add, since this can actually be found right on LEGO's website right now:

https://catalogs.lego.com/lego-sets-for-adults/?icmp=LP-SHCC-Standard-BC_CC_Standard_Adults-TH-NO-OIU88W5XCB&page=71

mutata
Mar 1, 2003

I do not see that slide in that link, heh.

Literally A Person
Jan 1, 1970

Smugworth Wuz Here
Second picture down in that ad looks like that guy be swooshin' that train. We got a swoosher who can confirm??

maybeadracula
Sep 9, 2022

by sebmojo

Literally A Person posted:

Second picture down in that ad looks like that guy be swooshin' that train. We got a swoosher who can confirm??

That dude is a train expert critically examining a detailed model. He likes what he sees, but he would never swoosh.

Phy
Jun 27, 2008

Fun Shoe

Carbohydrates posted:

Not technically a leak, I will add, since this can actually be found right on LEGO's website right now:

https://catalogs.lego.com/lego-sets-for-adults/?icmp=LP-SHCC-Standard-BC_CC_Standard_Adults-TH-NO-OIU88W5XCB&page=71

Does not appear to contain an Hercule Poirot minifig 3/5

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Waltzing Along
Jun 14, 2008

There's only one
Human race
Many faces
Everybody belongs here

Carbohydrates posted:

I really wish LEGO would stop making stuff I want.