Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

yellowcar
Feb 14, 2010

for all the "the palestinians CANNOT support hamas it's undermining their position" pearl clutching, then who else then. where's this idealized perfect liberation force you support in palestinian society

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

yellowcar
Feb 14, 2010

ZShakespeare posted:

There was a popular left wing resistance, and the oppressor put together an funded a right wing resistance (to the resistance) to destroy them, and then it blew back in their face. There's nothing complicated about this. We've seen it happen time after time. I beg of you to read a book.

Fatah is not left wing or even popular

yellowcar
Feb 14, 2010

you can say israel tipped the scales in favour of hamas but they didn't "create" them

Precambrian Video Games
Aug 19, 2002

I regret to say that I don't think the canada thread is going to be able to solve this international crisis. We'll get 'em next time.

yellowcar
Feb 14, 2010

Houle posted:

Personally I believe that before the raid they were given drugs because as much as you try to demonize someone I can see it being really hard to kill someone close quarters.

holy poo poo dude you're propagandizing yourself for free here

mila kunis
Jun 10, 2011
something enraging about talking about the moral culpability of palestinians when our governments and societies are funding and cheering on the people genociding them.

Virtual Russian
Sep 15, 2008

Houle posted:

I'm not saying how they could do that or why they would feel justified. I however don't think espousing the Code of Hammurabi as a reasonable opinion is cool or good. Personally I believe that before the raid they were given drugs because as much as you try to demonize someone I can see it being really hard to kill someone close quarters.

From what I understand it wasn't the EU withdrawing support. It was someone in charge of a section saying that then the EU going "...uh no?". A loud mouth talking out of his rear end.

And I don't think I'm making demands on anyone. Just think that going apeshit caveman on people is an admirable or defendable trait despite how awful your hand is in life. If they only went in and killed the military then went out - I wouldn't be as appalled. I still would never think raping a corpse was justifiable or parading people naked like trophies something anything other than sadistic. It's also why I am so appalled at American apeshit caveman human suffering events behaviour in Iraq and Vietnam I've read.

Western people hating Muslims is a net good for Hamas and is likely a goal. Get the west to reject Muslims and those Muslims then joining the cause as they become ostracized. This has nothing to do with freeing Palestine and all to do with people taking advantage of religious freaks and those with nothing left to lose as fodder for realpolitiking the region.

Ok, but what you are implying is that one kind of killing, low tech killing, is gross caveman killing (perhaps you wanted the word primitive???), but, while not explicitly saying this, you are implying that killing people through industrial or technological means is more civilized. That is an extremely bad take.

Arivia
Mar 17, 2011

eXXon posted:

I regret to say that I don't think the canada thread is going to be able to solve this international crisis. We'll get 'em next time.

we solved ukraine, why can't we do the same to palestine

ZShakespeare
Jul 20, 2003

The devil can cite Scripture for his purpose!
something about read -> comprehend.

OldAlias
Nov 2, 2013

TheKingofSprings posted:

Hamas is not the citizens of Palestine and it doesn’t represent them. Israel sucks rear end and things are barrelling to just about the worst possible outcome as of now.

yes they are they’re the loving government lmao

CLAM DOWN
Feb 13, 2007

Houle posted:

I'm not saying how they could do that or why they would feel justified. I however don't think espousing the Code of Hammurabi as a reasonable opinion is cool or good. Personally I believe that before the raid they were given drugs because as much as you try to demonize someone I can see it being really hard to kill someone close quarters.

From what I understand it wasn't the EU withdrawing support. It was someone in charge of a section saying that then the EU going "...uh no?". A loud mouth talking out of his rear end.

And I don't think I'm making demands on anyone. Just think that going apeshit caveman on people is an admirable or defendable trait despite how awful your hand is in life. If they only went in and killed the military then went out - I wouldn't be as appalled. I still would never think raping a corpse was justifiable or parading people naked like trophies something anything other than sadistic. It's also why I am so appalled at American apeshit caveman human suffering events behaviour in Iraq and Vietnam I've read.

Western people hating Muslims is a net good for Hamas and is likely a goal. Get the west to reject Muslims and those Muslims then joining the cause as they become ostracized. This has nothing to do with freeing Palestine and all to do with people taking advantage of religious freaks and those with nothing left to lose as fodder for realpolitiking the region.

shut up you stupid bitch

OldAlias
Nov 2, 2013

why do Libs feel safe posting here lol

TheKingofSprings
Oct 9, 2012
Oh right, I forgot this was the thread for people that really want that “mostest leftist” award, my bad

Fried Watermelon
Dec 29, 2008

Please do the Canadian thing and just ignore the genocide until there are not enough Palestinians to fight back.

Perhaps we can give Israel some tips on concentration camps- er I mean reserves.

After a couple generations we can assist Israel in their own Truth and Reconciliation movement.

infernal machines
Oct 11, 2012

we monitor many frequencies. we listen always. came a voice, out of the babel of tongues, speaking to us. it played us a mighty dub.
it's c-spam, brah

CLAM DOWN
Feb 13, 2007

TheKingofSprings posted:

Oh right, I forgot this was the thread for people that really want that “mostest leftist” award, my bad

shut up you stupid bitch

pokeyman
Nov 26, 2006

That elephant ate my entire platoon.
it's me I'm the mostest leftist

where's my parade

Virtual Russian
Sep 15, 2008

TheKingofSprings posted:

You're literally posting about a make-believe version of middle east politics so that you can feel more comfortable. You are deconstructing reality and reconstructing it to fit what you think is correct.

yellowcar
Feb 14, 2010

TheKingofSprings posted:

stick to posting about anime and videogames you dumbass

Puppy Burner
Sep 9, 2011
Haha IDF go boom

Arivia
Mar 17, 2011

OldAlias posted:

32.62% of canadian voters you mean?

Precambrian Video Games
Aug 19, 2002

OldAlias posted:

This is a welcoming safe space, except if you post badly.

Isentropy
Dec 12, 2010

Arivia posted:

32.62% of canadian voters you mean?

32% of 45% or whatever it is, truly a large number, truly also representative of most of society by socioeconomic status

60% of Canadians don’t vote because the options that are presented to them are poo poo.

but thanks for demonstrating the attitude that will lead to Chyrstia Freeland being demolished just like her idol Ignatieff in the next election. being liberal means never having to promise anything better to people because you are absolutely sure you’re doing the right thing

Arivia
Mar 17, 2011

Isentropy posted:

32% of 45% or whatever it is, truly a large number, truly also representative of most of society by socioeconomic status

60% of Canadians don’t vote because the options that are presented to them are poo poo.

but thanks for demonstrating the attitude that will lead to Chyrstia Freeland being demolished just like her idol Ignatieff in the next election. being liberal means never having to promise anything better to people because you are absolutely sure you’re doing the right thing

i'm not defending the libs i'm just pointing out that by definition yes they're gonna be posting in a canpol thread

it's like asking why democrat voters post in american cspam threads

Isentropy
Dec 12, 2010

Arivia posted:

i'm not defending the libs i'm just pointing out that by definition yes they're gonna be posting in a canpol thread

it's like asking why democrat voters post in american cspam threads

sorry for the friendly fire, and yes that’s a perfect analogy

Another Bill
Sep 27, 2018

Born on the bayou
died in a cave
bbq and posting
is all I crave

eXXon posted:

Come on, I didn't even get to make a lucy pulling the football meme yet!

Arivia
Mar 17, 2011

Isentropy posted:

sorry for the friendly fire, and yes that’s a perfect analogy

all good

having worked with the liberals on a bill this government: they're poo poo and yes, your assessment about them being full of themselves is absolutely accurate

FormaldehydeSon
Oct 1, 2011

TheKingofSprings posted:

Hamas is not the citizens of Palestine and it doesn’t represent them. Israel sucks rear end and things are barrelling to just about the worst possible outcome as of now.

I realize you are a racist shithead and there's no point replying but during the last democratic election Israel allowed Palestine to hold, Hamas were the victors. So yes if you are looking for the group that has the most legitimate claim of representing Palestine then Hamas is it.

Houle
Oct 21, 2010

Virtual Russian posted:

Ok, but what you are implying is that one kind of killing, low tech killing, is gross caveman killing (perhaps you wanted the word primitive???), but, while not explicitly saying this, you are implying that killing people through industrial or technological means is more civilized. That is an extremely bad take.

Where did I say I'm okay with high tech murder? I said that if someone who is in the army is killed I'm less horrified than when someone who is dancing unarmed.

And no. I meant caveman. It may be a bullet and a pick up truck now but they basically bonked women on the head and dragged them by the hair to their bunker. I'm not sure if you are trying to drive some sort of racial bias or slur out of my use. I tried to head that off by also calling Western tropes cavemen too but alas.

Houle
Oct 21, 2010

CLAM DOWN posted:

shut up you stupid bitch

That is enough cocaine for you good sir.

FormaldehydeSon
Oct 1, 2011

Houle posted:

Where did I say I'm okay with high tech murder? I said that if someone who is in the army is killed I'm less horrified than when someone who is dancing unarmed.

And no. I meant caveman. It may be a bullet and a pick up truck now but they basically bonked women on the head and dragged them by the hair to their bunker. I'm not sure if you are trying to drive some sort of racial bias or slur out of my use. I tried to head that off by also calling Western tropes cavemen too but alas.

Is it just a coincidence that the only person I've ever known with the name Houle irl was one of the biggest pieces of garbage I've ever met or is there some kind of pattern I'm missing?

Houle
Oct 21, 2010

FormaldehydeSon posted:

Is it just a coincidence that the only person I've ever known with the name Houle irl was one of the biggest pieces of garbage I've ever met or is there some kind of pattern I'm missing?

I'm sorry I hurt your feelings by saying rape and murder are bad things and I wouldn't wish it on anyone. Not sure what I am missing that's so radical or controversial....

Virtual Russian
Sep 15, 2008

Houle posted:

You are literally calling them primitives. You can't just toss in a "hey I also called some westerners this insanely regressive colonial trope too" and make it ok. Like, imagine for a minute some indigenous people here in Canada did something you didn't like, and then you called them a bunch of savages, but also said the RCMP could at times also maybe be called savage. Can you see how maybe people might not buy the idea that you aren't saying really racist stuff?

"Hey I also called some westerners cavemen" isn't the defense you think it is.

CLAM DOWN
Feb 13, 2007

Houle posted:

I'm sorry I hurt your feelings by saying rape and murder are bad things and I wouldn't wish it on anyone. Not sure what I am missing that's so radical or controversial....

i wouldn't wish your horrifically lovely posts on anyone

Virtual Russian
Sep 15, 2008

Houle posted:

This isn't the part of what you said that is controversial and you know it.

Houle
Oct 21, 2010

Virtual Russian posted:

You are literally calling them primitives. You can't just toss in a "hey I also called some westerners this insanely regressive colonial trope too" and make it ok. Like, imagine for a minute some indigenous people here in Canada did something you didn't like, and then you called them a bunch of savages, but also said the RCMP could at times also maybe be called savage. Can you see how maybe people might not buy the idea that you aren't saying really racist stuff?

"Hey I also called some westerners cavemen" isn't the defense you think it is.

If there's baggage on that, sure, I'll admit ignorance and say that is no excuse and I could choose my words more wisely in the future. I appreciate you taking the time to explain this rationale to me as I am struggling with the strong emotional response to seeing humans get murdered. Including the Palestinians who are being indiscriminately bombed to oblivion right now.

Not sure how to describe a catch-all term for when armies go off on civilians. If there is already one I'd appreciate that since I am attempting to argue in good faith even if it is coming across as not. And I feel like you are giving a lot of room under the umbrella of "something I don't like". I am kind of frightened of the type of someone who'd see someone get raped and think good they deserve it cause their government or religion or ethnicity is bad. Unless I am reading a lot of posts wrong is the feeling I'm getting with a lot of people here. HOWEVER I will acknowledge the hypocrisy of being less disturbed when it is a soldier being killed but there's only so much I can grasp at once.

Noblesse Obliged
Apr 7, 2012

FormaldehydeSon posted:

I realize you are a racist shithead and there's no point replying but during the last democratic election Israel allowed Palestine to hold, Hamas were the victors. So yes if you are looking for the group that has the most legitimate claim of representing Palestine then Hamas is it.

Palestine cannot have legitimate elections because they are denied statehood by the oppressor so that the oppressor can continue to claim that Hamas is not the legitimate leadership of Palestine.

it’s another tactic of oppression that libs love to bring up.

if they are a state which can have legitimate elections than Israel is invading and occupying another state illegally (they are)

Cerepol
Dec 2, 2011

Houle posted:

Not sure how to describe a catch-all term for when armies go off on civilians.

war? invasion? this tends to happen whenever armies get involved especially when there is no defending army or it gets routed. however i don't know much about any ancient poo poo so maybe it hasn't anyways been the case

Houle
Oct 21, 2010

Cerepol posted:

war? invasion? this tends to happen whenever armies get involved especially when there is no defending army or it gets routed. however i don't know much about any ancient poo poo so maybe it hasn't anyways been the case

Seeing as how the Roman foundation stories often cover in passing the rape of Sabine I think you may be more correct in that than my assumption of there being any sort of rules of engagement that is followed by a disciplined group. At the end of the day it is butchery of another human being and cutting a life short.

Looking back I'm rather disgusted by how idolized the Romans were when half their stories are about murdering and raping but dressed up as just integrating. Granted that is likely on purpose seeing that is every colonial power.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Virtual Russian
Sep 15, 2008

Houle posted:

If there's baggage on that, sure, I'll admit ignorance and say that is no excuse and I could choose my words more wisely in the future. I appreciate you taking the time to explain this rationale to me as I am struggling with the strong emotional response to seeing humans get murdered. Including the Palestinians who are being indiscriminately bombed to oblivion right now.

Not sure how to describe a catch-all term for when armies go off on civilians. If there is already one I'd appreciate that since I am attempting to argue in good faith even if it is coming across as not. And I feel like you are giving a lot of room under the umbrella of "something I don't like". I am kind of frightened of the type of someone who'd see someone get raped and think good they deserve it cause their government or religion or ethnicity is bad. Unless I am reading a lot of posts wrong is the feeling I'm getting with a lot of people here. HOWEVER I will acknowledge the hypocrisy of being less disturbed when it is a soldier being killed but there's only so much I can grasp at once.

No one is cheering on Hamas. I think what people are saying is that while it is despicable to target civilians, you can understand how someone that grew up constantly being bombed, being denied medical care, especially during covid (it still isn't known how bad covid got in Gaza, but without proper medical facilities it was likely awful), and having your extended family killed one by one all your life is going to result in stuff like this. No one needs drugs or a caveman mindset to do this stuff. You just need to hate and to not see any other options. People backed into a corner are going to lash out. This is by design, our media doesn't report on the daily toll the siege of Gaza takes on the Palestinian people, but then it is going to push videos of the worst extremes of Hamas everywhere to ensure you have a very strong emotional reaction.

Way back, I helped organize raising funds for the Gaza Freedom Flotilla. I felt great about that, we got lots of money together for medical supplies, construction supplies, tons of peaceful and productive aid for a city under siege. I then watched on a live stream as Israeli special forces attacked in the night, murdering people on a hit list (for real, a hit list was recovered off a captured IDF, many of the people on that list got shot that night), as well as murdering journalists taking the video. They deliberately destroyed all the medical aid by leaving it in the sun in view of Palestinians, just depraved poo poo. I say this because it highlights why we got here. Peaceful resistance has been tried, we tried to send aid. Israel deliberately wants this level of desperation because it does make the Palestinians look bad to westerners. We never see what the IDF does, we only see highlights of the worst things Hamas does.

Also, for your mental health, don't watch those videos. Nothing good can come of it.