Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Azubah
Jun 5, 2007

r u ready to WALK posted:

The Dingoo A320 is another device that flat out refuses to die, I think this one is from 2010 and it holds a charge on the internal battery for years at a time while it's powered off.

https://i.imgur.com/sLYUz9B.mp4

Was dingux the the origin of this launcher? I keep seeing it on a whole bunch of more recent cheap retro consoles.

Isn't this the handheld they used for the neo geo x?

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Froist
Jun 6, 2004

JB Lars posted:

Where's my fellow Tapwave Zodiac owners? Gotta be at least two others out there.

Annoyingly I had one of these but sold it back in the day. Kept my various Palm/Sony Clie devices that I had before it but that’s the one I wish I still had in my collection.

Assepoester
Jul 18, 2004
Probation
Can't post for 10 years!
Melman v2
The Miyoo Mini (the smaller one) is back!

But there's a catch - the new screen they found is a 750x560 screen that the existing firmware treats like a 640x480 screen, so you're essentially scaling the image twice, once to 640 and then again to 750 so it looks kinda funny if you look closely.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=WdQNszCOejw

Saoshyant posted:

I have one and the shell plastic has apparently melted down even harder than the Gizmodo (which I also somehow own)
Congratulations, I believe that's like winning the championship of collecting ambitious but failed handhelds.

r u ready to WALK posted:

Was dingux the the origin of this launcher? I keep seeing it on a whole bunch of more recent cheap retro consoles.

Yep, that's OpenDingux.

Azubah posted:

Isn't this the handheld they used for the neo geo x?
No, the Neo Geo X was larger, with a widescreen (for some reason) and a click stick instead of a d-pad

Assepoester fucked around with this message at 20:37 on Oct 6, 2023

njsykora
Jan 23, 2012

Robots confuse squirrels.

Assepoester posted:

Congratulations, I believe that's like winning the championship of collecting ambitious but failed handhelds.

Pretty sure if you actively decide to get a Zodiac you’re just going to end up with a Gizmondo and N-Gage at some point.

Doctor Hospital
Jul 16, 2011

what

I was talking to a friend of mine about dingux the other day and I'm kinda nostalgic for the look of it because I didn't want to bother with custom firmware when I first got my RG350 way back when (I was a fool). It's not good but it's got the look

IG-88
Apr 21, 2019

Looks like that sweet Miyoo Flip might be coming December.

https://reddit.com/r/MiyooMini/s/8tuzTRVXKX

Wee Bairns
Feb 10, 2004

Jack Tripper's wingman.

Even if it only has the specs of the original, I'm going to be all over that.

hatty
Feb 28, 2011

Pork Pro
If only it didnt have analog sticks

IG-88
Apr 21, 2019

But then how would we play Crazy Taxi?

flavor.flv
Apr 18, 2008

I got a letter from the government the other day
opened it, read it
it said they was bitches

We're definitely not getting the VW Harlequin colours, but that pink is growing on me. It'll look like with those lipstick red buttons

Grassy Knowles
Apr 4, 2003

"The original Terminator was a gritty fucking AMAZING piece of sci-fi. Gritty fucking rock-hard MURDER!"
i do not need that

unless there's another <$40 deal for them in which case i absolutely need that gently caress it's so cute

IG-88
Apr 21, 2019

flavor.flv posted:

We're definitely not getting the VW Harlequin colours, but that pink is growing on me. It'll look like with those lipstick red buttons

I'm not buying it unless it's vaporwave colored. I hope they're cooking a sweet purple/green version.

Silly Burrito
Nov 27, 2007

SET A COURSE FOR
THE FLAVOR QUADRANT

hatty posted:

If only it didnt have analog sticks

I would literally pay more not to have them if that's what it took.

njsykora
Jan 23, 2012

If they keep that colour scheme I will buy the probably accidental trans pride handheld.

frogbs
May 5, 2004
Well well well

Wee Bairns posted:

Even if it only has the specs of the original, I'm going to be all over that.

Same, been waiting for a nicer foldable than the V90!

njsykora posted:

If they keep that colour scheme I will buy the probably accidental trans pride handheld.

I read that the colors are just from an engineering rendering, the final colors will be different.

otter
Jul 23, 2007

Ask me about my XCOM and controller collection

word.

analogue shipped the new transparent pockets today

otter
Jul 23, 2007

word.

Double-post on the Analogue topic...
Any guesses what their new announcement is?
Rumors /hopes being floated include:
*Updates on Analogue Duo shipping
*New version of the Analogue Pocket
*Software Updates (not so exciting)
*FPGA Neo Geo hardware (please, someone talk 8bitdo into making a completely accurate neo geo wedge arcade stick)

hatty
Feb 28, 2011

Pork Pro
Didn’t know they were making a new announcement when is it?

Ah:

https://twitter.com/analogue/status/1711785370499616966?s=20

Countblanc
Apr 20, 2005

Help a hero out!
I had one of the transparent analogue pockets in my cart before having a brief flash of lucidity where I realized I already had one and closed the window before I could buy it despite wanting a clear one since the original models were announced. 30 minutes later my friend told me he'd have bought my old one from me. Fug.

hatty
Feb 28, 2011

Pork Pro
Yeah I stopped myself buying a red one right at checkout thinking why would I need two then a half hour later I thought “you could’ve sold the old one you idiot”

Silly Burrito
Nov 27, 2007

SET A COURSE FOR
THE FLAVOR QUADRANT

otter posted:

Double-post on the Analogue topic...
Any guesses what their new announcement is?
Rumors /hopes being floated include:
*Updates on Analogue Duo shipping
*New version of the Analogue Pocket
*Software Updates (not so exciting)
*FPGA Neo Geo hardware (please, someone talk 8bitdo into making a completely accurate neo geo wedge arcade stick)

A GBASP Pocket

otter
Jul 23, 2007

word.

Silly Burrito posted:

A GBASP Pocket

Don't. Even. Jest.
That's the last thing I need to and yet will shell out $300 for.

njsykora
Jan 23, 2012

They're announcing they're going to focus their manufacturing capacity on actually shipping what they have before announcing a new thing.

Lol no it's going to be another colour variant.

stephenthinkpad
Jan 2, 2020
Did they announce an announcement for the color variants? This seem to be bigger?

hatty
Feb 28, 2011

Pork Pro
I hope its openfpga filters

Corb3t
Jun 7, 2003

I mean... it would be funny if they announced something that would make me want to unload the Transparent Analogue Pocket that hasn't even shipped for me yet.

I'm still on the fence on keeping mine - it would definitely be the best experience for GBA games and earlier, and I like the form factor, but I can get an Odin Pro for the same price. I know the Odin is completely different form factor with different use-cases, but it's definitely something that I've thought about.

Corb3t fucked around with this message at 20:54 on Oct 10, 2023

Rolo
Nov 16, 2005

Hmm, what have we here?

Silly Burrito posted:

A GBASP Pocket

If they actually made a high quality 3:2 (or whatever it was) GBA flippy thing I would poo poo.

I love tons of retro consoles but the GBA was so ahead of its time. So many metroidvanias and strategy games that kicked insane amounts of rear end.

Corb3t
Jun 7, 2003

Miyoo Flip in December should be pretty nice:

Rolo
Nov 16, 2005

Hmm, what have we here?

Corb3t posted:

Miyoo Flip in December should be pretty nice:

I just hate the sticks. I don't know why it bothers me so much but I wish they did front firing stereo there instead.

Wish my brain was willing to compromise more that this cause that color scheme is amazing.

Explosionface
May 30, 2011

We can dance if we want to,
we can leave Marle behind.
'Cause your fiends don't dance,
and if they don't dance,
they'll get a Robo Fist of mine.

Maybe Analogue is looking to make a consolized OpenFPGA compatible system and that's what the announcement is about.

njsykora
Jan 23, 2012

A $300 MiSTer equivalent would be super cool actually.

hatty
Feb 28, 2011

Pork Pro
They can make it like a polymega and sell controller and cart adapters for those that want real hardware but release everything to openFPGA on the side

CFox
Nov 9, 2005
Hopefully it’s openFPGA filters and RTC. It’s sorely missing from the pocket.

otter
Jul 23, 2007

word.

hatty posted:

They can make it like a polymega and not fulfill the orders. Like ever.

Allegedly the n64 unit is shipping within a month. Still no word on the consoles we all paid for years ago.

bowmore
Oct 6, 2008

Lipstick Apathy
The announcement will be another colour variation!

MarcusSA
Sep 23, 2007

They are moving to the Digital Pocket

beer gas canister
Oct 30, 2007

shmups are da best come play some shmups they're cheap and good and you like them
Plaster Town Cop

Portmaster supports ZeroRanger holy poo poo

frogbs
May 5, 2004
Well well well

beer gas canister posted:

Portmaster supports ZeroRanger holy poo poo

What handheld is that? Also, I need to check out Portmaster apparently, lots of good games on this list: https://github.com/christianhaitian/PortMaster

Rolo
Nov 16, 2005

Hmm, what have we here?

frogbs posted:

What handheld is that? Also, I need to check out Portmaster apparently, lots of good games on this list: https://github.com/christianhaitian/PortMaster

It’s the RGB30. A 1:1 handheld the internet seems to love. If I didn’t just get a RP2S I’d want one.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

beer gas canister
Oct 30, 2007

shmups are da best come play some shmups they're cheap and good and you like them
Plaster Town Cop
Yeah it's a kickass device. There is some work to be done on JelOS to make the default settings function a little bit better but with tweaks it works great. As it is, the CPU clock governor is set to a default that kneecaps framerate just a little bit, but it's a quick change in settings (change the CPU governor from "schedutil" to "performance" per console). It's got an RK3566 chip so everything thru 5th gen consoles runs smooth as butter. ArkOS defaults to "performance" for all consoles so it's quicker by default, but with that fix applied both distributions perform comparably.

beer gas canister fucked around with this message at 19:11 on Oct 11, 2023