Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Croccers
Jun 15, 2012

Ariong posted:

In the Mouth of Meme Stocks
BUUFQ?
Buuffqq?
Butt gently caress?

e: new page, i regert nothing.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Mozi
Apr 4, 2004

Forms change so fast
Time is moving past
Memory is smoke
Gonna get wider when I die
Nap Ghost
With so much drama with the AMC
It's kinda hard bein' Snoop F-U-double-D
But I, somehow, some way
Keep comin' up with funky-rear end shills every single day

dr_rat
Jun 4, 2001
I just had a horrible thought, what if all these butterfly signs, are just signs that the band Crazy Town is about to reform?

:ohdear:

Collateral Damage
Jun 13, 2009

bird with big dick posted:

I’m getting a pinball machine some day but I’m worried even buying a brand new one if it’ll be difficult to maintain.
If you know how to follow a wiring diagram and have at least basic soldering skills it's pretty easy to maintain. I don't know how much the modern Sterns have improved, but in my experience most issues come down to blown fuses or connectors/solder joints vibrating loose.

Serious_Cyclone
Oct 25, 2017

I appreciate your patience, this is a tricky maneuver
Some confused finger-pointing on r/BBBY, with hype posters being accused of being shills. If you are convinced BBBY is dead you're a shill. If you're convinced BBBY is going to MOASS you're a shill. Only a state of complete limbo is safe from shilldom.

A lot of users tired of waiting and wishing "it would end, one way or the other".

Impossibly Perfect Sphere
Nov 6, 2002

They wasted Luanne on Lucky!

She could of have been so much more but the writers just didn't care!
What is the new date they are all latching onto? I seem to remember seeing something about 10/20. Not sure why.

mega dy
Dec 6, 2003

The BBBY subreddit is dead now, you gotta go to the PP show sub for the good stuff.

the holy poopacy
May 16, 2009

hey! check this out
Fun Shoe

pseudanonymous posted:

It's such a Portland thing that I don't think you should be allowed to have one tbh.

they're already all over the Midwest, sorry

(but then, so are Portlanders)

Trillhouse
Dec 31, 2000

Impossibly Perfect Sphere posted:

What is the new date they are all latching onto? I seem to remember seeing something about 10/20. Not sure why.

i don't think there is one. honestly, even ppshow seems to be losing a lot of steam lately. you can only reheat the same tired theories so many times before people lose interest. (this is the real heatlamp theory)

ryde
Sep 9, 2011

God I love young girls

Impossibly Perfect Sphere posted:

All BBBYQ options had their expiration date moved up to 10/20

Croccers
Jun 15, 2012
I glanced into the PP show (haha, PP) subreddit and everyone was going nuts over LEGO because they have Butterfly pieces????

Serious_Cyclone
Oct 25, 2017

Croccers posted:

I glanced into the PP show (haha, PP) subreddit and everyone was going nuts over LEGO because they have Butterfly pieces????

They appear to have moved onto just making GBS threads themselves whenever they see any reference to a butterfly in any context. I took a peep (get it?!?!??) and saw someone who said they were dying of an illness but were diligently spending their last few days monitoring their canceled stock in a dead towel store so the rest of the apes can get rich :smith:

Dial A For Awesome
May 23, 2009

dr_rat posted:

I just had a horrible thought, what if all these butterfly signs, are just signs that the band Crazy Town is about to reform?

Hold my lady
Hold, hold my lady

Boxturret
Oct 3, 2013

Don't ask me about Sonic the Hedgehog diaper fetish
lol

I love that logic,

"Look how much the butterfly stands out, its hard to look at, its searing in to my eyes, it must mean something, why else would they do that?"

"Dude, its a frame of a video."

also the classic "the only reason a company can fail is shorts"

Paladinus
Jan 11, 2014

heyHEYYYY!!!

cruft
Oct 25, 2007

Boxturret posted:

lol

I love that logic,

"Look how much the butterfly stands out, its hard to look at, its searing in to my eyes, it must mean something, why else would they do that?"

"Dude, its a frame of a video."

also the classic "the only reason a company can fail is shorts"

LOL at these fools COMPLETELY IGNORING the obvious symbolism of the blatantly-placed marshmallow.

Ariong
Jun 25, 2012

Get bashed, platonist!

Croccers posted:

BUUFQ?
Buuffqq?
Butt gently caress?

e: new page, i regert nothing.

Yes congratulations, you have managed to unravel this characteristically sophisticated and nuanced bit of ape humor.

Serious_Cyclone posted:

They appear to have moved onto just making GBS threads themselves whenever they see any reference to a butterfly in any context. I took a peep (get it?!?!??) and saw someone who said they were dying of an illness but were diligently spending their last few days monitoring their canceled stock in a dead towel store so the rest of the apes can get rich :smith:

Apes love coming up with outlandish lies and fairytales that, if true, would demonstrate incredible devotion to the cause. Hopefully that’s one of them.

Elias_Maluco
Aug 23, 2007
I need to sleep
yo rear end is showing

Impossibly Perfect Sphere
Nov 6, 2002

They wasted Luanne on Lucky!

She could of have been so much more but the writers just didn't care!
The daily discussion thread in the urine sub is actually starting to sound desperate. Yesterday they were comparing notes on not paying overdue bills/mortgage because you put the money into BBBY instead.

Serious_Cyclone
Oct 25, 2017

I'm developing a parasocial relationship with one thePPShow guy who busts into the r/BBBY daily thread every day confident that today's the day:

ape posted:

Daily Discussion Thread | October 10, 2023
What up shill sub!? Y'all still with us?? Ready for fireworks!? LFG!

Daily Discussion Thread | October 07, 2023
WHAT UP SHILL SUB! Y'ALL STILL WITH US? READY FOR FIREWORKS!? LFGGGG!

Daily Discussion Thread | October 06, 2023
What up Shill sub! Just checking in, y'all still with us? Ready for fireworks??

Daily Discussion Thread | October 05, 2023
Whattup shill sub!? You still with us??

Ready for the fireworks??

Daily Discussion Thread | October 01, 2023
Yo how's the shill sub doing today, yall still with us? Ready for the fireworks?

I'm wondering how long he'll go before he tires out.

ryde
Sep 9, 2011

God I love young girls

Serious_Cyclone posted:

I'm wondering how long he'll go before he tires out.

It is the year 2050. The Reddit userbase has dwindled to under a hundred users and its corpse has traded hands several times. It's currently owned by a deadbeat abuser who spends all his money on gourmet cookies. A haggard Reddit user opens up r/theppshow and types "What up shill sub!? Y'all still with us?? Ready for fireworks!? LFG!". Hitting the submit button, he smugly admires his work. The shills are in shambles.

rotinaj
Sep 5, 2008

Fun Shoe
It is pretty incredible that even in the dregs of the dumbest part of the internet, they find a way to have a subclass they can feel superior to

Gophermaster
Mar 5, 2005

Bring the Ruckas
What does LFG mean in this context?

repiv
Aug 13, 2009

lets loving go

bagmonkey
May 13, 2003

Grimey Drawer

Gophermaster posted:

Looking For Grifts (LFG)

Spuckuk
Aug 11, 2009

Being a bastard works

Gophermaster posted:

Lets loving Go.

Until recently I also thought it was for Looking For Group

bird with big dick
Oct 21, 2015

Isn’t LEGO privately owned

Boxturret
Oct 3, 2013

Don't ask me about Sonic the Hedgehog diaper fetish

Yes.

Amazingly, companies can do poorly independent of the vile hedgefunds shorting their stock. Crazy, I know!

DerekSmartymans
Feb 14, 2005

The
Copacetic
Ascetic

Spuckuk posted:

Lets loving Go.

Until recently I also thought it was for Looking For Group

:same:

Because everything is video games to these people.

And, apparently, with my brain, too; if I follow that remark to the endpoint.

poo poo…

CharlestheHammer
Jun 26, 2011

YOU SAY MY POSTS ARE THE RAVINGS OF THE DUMBEST PERSON ON GOD'S GREEN EARTH BUT YOU YOURSELF ARE READING THEM. CURIOUS!

That’s what made the shorting so diabolical

Extra Large Marge
Jan 21, 2004

Fun Shoe

Just because a stock doesn't exist doesn't mean you can't try to buy it

CharlestheHammer
Jun 26, 2011

YOU SAY MY POSTS ARE THE RAVINGS OF THE DUMBEST PERSON ON GOD'S GREEN EARTH BUT YOU YOURSELF ARE READING THEM. CURIOUS!

Extra Large Marge posted:

Just because a stock doesn't exist doesn't mean you can't try to buy it

Ironically this is actually true

Also doesn’t matter if a company is dead either

PhazonLink
Jul 17, 2010
wait was Lego failing 20 years ago?

also do they mean 20 years ago as in 200X or the 90s or 80s?

Lt. Cock
May 28, 2005

INCOMING!
BBBY is dead

DEAD SERIOUS about shooting to the loving moon

LFG fellow apes

Serious_Cyclone
Oct 25, 2017

ryde posted:

It is the year 2050. The Reddit userbase has dwindled to under a hundred users and its corpse has traded hands several times. It's currently owned by a deadbeat abuser who spends all his money on gourmet cookies. A haggard Reddit user opens up r/theppshow and types "What up shill sub!? Y'all still with us?? Ready for fireworks!? LFG!". Hitting the submit button, he smugly admires his work. The shills are in shambles.

I just checked in on him, he's doing victory laps because r/thePPShow thinks Sears is about to moon.

Ariong
Jun 25, 2012

Get bashed, platonist!

Serious_Cyclone posted:

I just checked in on him, he's doing victory laps because r/thePPShow thinks Sears is about to moon.

PLEASE give us more or at least a link. When one of the apes brings up Sears I feel like I just found a five dollar bill in my pocket.

My Spirit Otter
Jun 15, 2006

CANADA DOESN'T GET PENS LIKE THIS

SKILCRAFT KREW Reppin' Quality Blind Made American Products. Bitch.
i thought sears went out of business like 10 years ago, how is buying sears stock even a conversation??

cruft
Oct 25, 2007

My Spirit Otter posted:

i thought sears went out of business like 10 years ago, how is buying sears stock even a conversation??

Welcome to the thread! You might enjoy reading the first few posts to get up to speed on why people are clinging to the belief that a non-existent stock is going to rise from the ashes, destroy the global economy, and allow some skeezy assholes to purchase spouse upgrades.

e: I wrote that jokingly, but if you are actually new to the thread, there's a ton of great stuff in the OP. And whether that was a genuine question, a "what the actual gently caress" question, or both, here's a real reply: "I know, right?"

Extra Large Marge
Jan 21, 2004

Fun Shoe
Yeah what the hell is up with them and Sears? Did they buy a piece of paper with "Sears" written on it?

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

cruft
Oct 25, 2007

Extra Large Marge posted:

Yeah what the hell is up with them and Sears? Did they buy a piece of paper with "Sears" written on it?

My grandfather actually bought shares for me and my sister in the Ringling Brothers Barnum & Bailey Circus, just before the deal was finalized for them to be acquired by (I think) Mattel. But he did that because he liked the artwork:

I had that damned stock cert hanging in my bedroom for years. Seeing it conjures some memories.