Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

abelwingnut
Dec 23, 2002

https://twitter.com/TomPelissero/status/1711700926828839390

https://twitter.com/TomPelissero/status/1711717873918365718?s=20

there went the dreams of a lot of teams. brutal.

abelwingnut fucked around with this message at 13:58 on Oct 10, 2023

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Varg
Jan 13, 2007

A friendly face.

Mostert holders have been blessed tho :getin:

Bellmaker
Oct 18, 2008

Chapter DOOF

My opponent this week has both :stare:

Poque
Sep 11, 2003

=^-^=
Jordan Addison szn

gloom
Feb 1, 2003
distracted from distraction by distraction

Varg posted:

That’s right. Maybe adding Jeff Wilson now too? As a Mostert drafter I’ve been holding JWJ in an IR slot on multiple teams.

FAT32 SHAMER
Aug 16, 2012

Here’s to hoping waddle finally does some stuff against Carolina, because JJ was my most reliable producer :negative:

Chernabog
Apr 16, 2007

I lost JJ, Chubb and AR. My team is still pretty solid and Im 4-1 so not all is lost yet but I have no depth now and have to go back to streaming QBs.

Chef Boyardeez Nuts
Sep 9, 2011

The more you kick against the pricks, the more you suffer.

Varg posted:

Traded Puca for Mostert two weeks ago and this is a very "well well well" moment for me.

E: wonder if I could flip him for Jefferson?

Chef Boyardeez Nuts fucked around with this message at 15:19 on Oct 10, 2023

Bellmaker
Oct 18, 2008

Chapter DOOF

Is demercado worth going after? He seemed decent when Connor went out

Popero
Apr 17, 2001

.406/.553/.735

Varg posted:

Whoops

kiimo
Jul 24, 2003

I have JJ and Mostert.

The Lord giveth and taketh

FAT32 SHAMER
Aug 16, 2012

What happened to mostert

Party Boat
Nov 1, 2007

where did that other dog come from

who is he

The guy who gave me Achane and Pickens in return for Pollard is now saying he'll take them both back off me in return for CJ Stroud and Mattison and it's kind of tempting tbh

tarbrush
Feb 7, 2011

ALL ABOARD THE SCOTLAND HYPE TRAIN!

CHOO CHOO

FAT32 SHAMER posted:

What happened to mostert

Achane is out for a few weeks, so he's no longer splitting carries

Bellmaker
Oct 18, 2008

Chapter DOOF

tarbrush posted:

Achane is out for a few weeks, so he's no longer splitting carries

Mostert will be great for the 2.5 games he can handle a full workload

Vargo
Dec 27, 2008

'Cuz it's KILLIN' ME!
I have decided to go all in on the Gardner Minshew revenge game.

Tom Tucker
Jul 19, 2003

I want to warn you fellers
And tell you one by one
What makes a gallows rope to swing
A woman and a gun

My whole week is just going to be the two button meme with "Tua vs. Carolina" and "Fields vs. Minnesota"

any scuttlebutt on Ekeler's injury for MNF?

Tom Tucker fucked around with this message at 17:33 on Oct 10, 2023

AnacondaHL
Feb 15, 2009

I'm the lead trumpet player, playing loud and high is all I know how to do.

AnacondaHL on Sept 9th TYOOL 2023 posted:

I can't help it. I have to rosterbate before my first rounder gets injured and ruins my season like it does every time, apologies in advance to fellow JJ owners. But this draft is just one of the most beautiful pieces of art I've ever stolen.

I apologized in advance! :smith:

Quiet Feet
Dec 14, 2009

THE HELL IS WITH THIS ASS!?

Vargo posted:

I have decided to go all in on the Gardner Minshew revenge game.

Minshew rules and is gonna do great.

Leperflesh
May 17, 2007

As a Moster holder suddenly getting offers: he's good, and Miami loves its run game right now. Jeff Wilson Jr. is eligible to start practicing as of today, but is not officially off of IR yet. I would not blow a ton of faab on Wilson or give up a ton trying to trade for Mostert until we see how long Achane is actually out for, because it could be he's only missing a couple of weeks. The Fins play the Panthers this week which should be a good matchup, but they they're up against the Eagles oct 22nd. Pats on the 29th is another good matchup, but then the Chiefs november 5th.

Dango Bango
Jul 26, 2007

Tom Tucker posted:

My whole week is just going to be the two button meme with "Tua vs. Carolina" and "Fields vs. Minnesota"

Dango Bango posted:

Starting Tua over Fields the last two weeks has me at 1-4 instead of 3-2 in my BML :(

Fields all the way :colbert:

Floofy
Jan 17, 2004

Dango Bango posted:

Fields all the way :colbert:

Am I crazy to think that Fields has a good ROS schedule?

Silly Burrito
Nov 27, 2007

SET A COURSE FOR
THE FLAVOR QUADRANT

Leperflesh posted:

As a Moster holder suddenly getting offers: he's good, and Miami loves its run game right now. Jeff Wilson Jr. is eligible to start practicing as of today, but is not officially off of IR yet. I would not blow a ton of faab on Wilson or give up a ton trying to trade for Mostert until we see how long Achane is actually out for, because it could be he's only missing a couple of weeks. The Fins play the Panthers this week which should be a good matchup, but they they're up against the Eagles oct 22nd. Pats on the 29th is another good matchup, but then the Chiefs november 5th.

Isn’t Achane going on IR? 4 weeks minimum.

Docjowles
Apr 9, 2009

Silly Burrito posted:

I haven't seen anything more specific than "will miss time". gently caress that would suck though, he's been saving my rear end and I was looking to trade away some RBs but now probably can't afford to until he gets back.

dxt
Mar 27, 2004
METAL DISCHARGE

Quiet Feet posted:

:hai:

Leperflesh
May 17, 2007

Silly Burrito posted:

not that I've seen yet, but maybe the twitter X sports feeds have fresher news?

Anti-Hero
Feb 26, 2004
I need a fill in for Jordan Love's bye (and possibly long term if he continues to suck).

Mayfield v DET
Ridder v WAS
Carr @ HOU
Minshew @ JAC

Those are the ones available that pop out the most to me.

Vargo
Dec 27, 2008

'Cuz it's KILLIN' ME!

Anti-Hero posted:

I need a fill in for Jordan Love's bye (and possibly long term if he continues to suck).

Mayfield v DET
Ridder v WAS
Carr @ HOU
Minshew @ JAC

Quiet Feet posted:

Docjowles
Apr 9, 2009

Anti-Hero posted:

Mayfield v DET
Ridder v WAS
Carr @ HOU
Minshew @ JAC

This is really gross but I might say Ridder (for 1 game only)? The Commanders secondary SUCKS, plus they are giving up the most rushing yards to QBs. Falcons are playing at home in a dome, with a not-horrific over/under. The ceiling isn't great because 1) Ridder isn't very good and 2) the Falcons despise the forward pass. But he ticks all the boxes for a decent streaming play.

abelwingnut
Dec 23, 2002

Anti-Hero posted:

Mayfield v DET
Ridder v WAS
Carr @ HOU
Minshew @ JAC

definitely not ridder. atl is a run-first and run-second team. bijan and allgeier could run all over washington, thereby putting them in a lead for most of the game. and thereby preventing ridder from needing to throw the ball, which i'm sure atl would prefer.

of the others...i'm taking mayfield, i think. just a better qb than carr or minshew, and can run a bit. carr's injury scares me, and minshew...who the hell knows. carr and minshew will likely need to pass a lot, like mayfield. i just don't think they're as talented. plus, they're away while mayfield's at home.

mcmagic
Jul 1, 2004

If you see this avatar while scrolling the succ zone, you have been visited by the mcmagic of shitty lib takes! Good luck and prosperity will come to you, but only if you reply "shut the fuck up mcmagic" to this post!
I traded a Zay Flowers for a slightly damaged Jeff Wilson Jr.. I feel like if Wilson actually ends up playing he'll be good.

Fight Club Sandwich
Apr 29, 2006

you want a piece of me???

Sataere posted:

It really is fascinating. As a collective, we make assumption on the season and are like 75% wrong, yet still act like we know what we are doing.

Completely true and I'm going to use it as an excuse to show off some charts I made. Basically experts are all frauds and predictions are all garbage. Image below shows top 30 WR Preds vs. WR results for Week 5. Grey is the range of pregame rankings and there is no correlation with fantasy points scored. "Experts" are cowards who bunch their rankings around each other and have zero predictive value for setting fantasy lineups (or any other purpose)

Shown another way - week 5 top scoring WRs vs. their pregame rankings. Of the top 30 scorers, barely half were ranked in the top 30 before the games were played (a few ranked 100 or below :2monocle:). Green is when error margin was within 5 ranks which is pretty close for predictions but i mean a couple are gonna be close just by random chance.

RB isnt any better. I wanted more than one week of data but fantasy sites erase their predictions every week and these results are worse than I thought and im not sure more data would even be valuable

tl;dr the "most accurate" award on fantasypros is a clown award for the luckiest clown. It's your fantasy team - Be a Free Thinker, start whoever you want.

Dango Bango
Jul 26, 2007

Fight Club Sandwich posted:

Completely true and I'm going to use it as an excuse to show off some charts I made.

This is so drat cool. Thanks for showing off!

dew worm
Apr 20, 2019

I have the number 1 waiver spot. Should I go for Zach Moss as a depth move or hold onto it still? Also looking at Demercado or Jeff Wilson Jr (who looks like is still hurt but wouldn’t be a bad pickup)

Vargo
Dec 27, 2008

'Cuz it's KILLIN' ME!
Addison is available in my main league (.5 PPR), is that an automatic FAAB dump? I'm not even really hurting at WR but still...

ChocolatePancake
Feb 25, 2007
I would definitely dump FAAB on Addison. He seems poised for a breakout.

I would not go for Zach Moss. I fully expect Taylor to have completely taken over that backfield by next week. If you need a RB, go for Demercado but be prepared for disappointment. Jeff Wilson Jr could be an upside stash, but he cannot stay healthy.

Popero
Apr 17, 2001

.406/.553/.735

dew worm posted:

I have the number 1 waiver spot. Should I go for Zach Moss as a depth move or hold onto it still? Also looking at Demercado or Jeff Wilson Jr (who looks like is still hurt but wouldn’t be a bad pickup)

Roschon is rostered? He's probably a better add than any of those guys.

Sataere
Jul 20, 2005

Step 1: Start fight
Step 2: Attack straw man
Step 3: REPEAT

Do not engage with me

Vargo posted:

Addison is available in my main league (.5 PPR), is that an automatic FAAB dump? I'm not even really hurting at WR but still...

Honestly, you should have grabbed him when he became available.

I just flipped a Fields rage drop I picked up with Gabe Davis to get Devonta Smith because I'm never starting Fields with Josh Allen.

ElectricRelaxation
Aug 21, 2007
Are the Vikings being really slow about putting JJ on IR or is ESPN? I could really use that extra roster spot when I'm trying to set my waiver claims.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Sataere
Jul 20, 2005

Step 1: Start fight
Step 2: Attack straw man
Step 3: REPEAT

Do not engage with me

ElectricRelaxation posted:

Are the Vikings being really slow about putting JJ on IR or is ESPN? I could really use that extra roster spot when I'm trying to set my waiver claims.

I suspect they are because they are hoping they won't need to put him on IR