Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Big Ass On Fire
Jun 16, 2023

The holodeck is an HR nightmare all around.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Wii Spawn Camper
Nov 25, 2005

Don’t ask how my train of thought got here but are there any examples of using the transporter for organ transplants or similar medical treatment?

Flipperwaldt
Nov 11, 2011

Won't somebody think of the starving hamsters in China?

Neelix' lungs beamed out by alien technology. One or more baby delivered with the transporter too I think.

Wii Spawn Camper
Nov 25, 2005

Flipperwaldt posted:

Neelix' lungs beamed out by alien technology. One or more baby delivered with the transporter too I think.

Oh right, I forgot about the time Bashir confirmed he has a womb capable of housing a fetus

Sedgr
Sep 16, 2007

Neat!

naem
May 29, 2011

Big rear end On Fire posted:

The holodeck is an HR nightmare all around.

no it’s great because everyone gets all their weird urges dealt with in private in a big self cleaning cube room

CainFortea
Oct 15, 2004

Sedgr posted:

Worf for the klingon kinkfest

Pfft, worf is milqtoast.

Facebook Aunt
Oct 4, 2008

wiggle wiggle

I would like to remind everyone that there is no Ferengi word for crisp.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=hKHRF5_pG8I

Powered Descent
Jul 13, 2008

We haven't had that spirit here since 1969.

CainFortea posted:

Pfft, worf is milqtoast.

Klingons invent the pain-stik and then only do boring, vanilla things with it. They could learn a thing or two from a certain holographic Mistress, is what I'm saying.

redshirt
Aug 11, 2007

Facebook Aunt posted:

Ferengis like it hot, wet, and fresh.

maybeadracula
Sep 9, 2022

by sebmojo

Not sure this is funnier than what he's actually saying

Kibayasu
Mar 28, 2010

Facebook Aunt posted:

You know if that’s the natural weather on Risa and they have weather control there must be thousands if not hundreds of thousands of different resorts they rotate through across the surface. They’d have to let the natural weather take over in areas pretty regularly to maintain the habitat.

Night10194
Feb 13, 2012

We'll start,
like many good things,
with a bear.

naem posted:

no it’s great because everyone gets all their weird urges dealt with in private in a big self cleaning cube room

The Lower Decks Ensigns wish the thing was self-cleaning.

Neddy Seagoon
Oct 12, 2012

"Hi Everybody!"

Wii Spawn Camper posted:

Oh right, I forgot about the time Bashir confirmed he has a womb capable of housing a fetus

Pretty sure he was being sardonic about his options.

dr_rat
Jun 4, 2001

Kibayasu posted:

You know if that’s the natural weather on Risa and they have weather control there must be thousands if not hundreds of thousands of different resorts they rotate through across the surface. They’d have to let the natural weather take over in areas pretty regularly to maintain the habitat.

I mean it depends on how much they've been modifying the biome, and what else they're doing. Once your at a tech level where you can control the weather, there's plenty of other things they'd be able to do to keep some tropical habitat going around the planet, from genetic engineering the plant life to let them survive in the manufactured environment, to simple stuff like having plenty of concealed watering systems around the resorts. Also if they are just ensuring that it's only around the resorts where the weathers always made "perfect" than you just have each resort manage that, and it's not like resorts on earth today don't do a bunch of managing of the planet life in them. We've "solved" that problem.

You need to remember resorts are intentionally artificial as hell.

Soul Dentist
Mar 17, 2009

maybealabia posted:

I think it's a play on

TheDeadlyShoe
Feb 14, 2014

Night10194 posted:

????? they're ships equipment, aren't they?

Facebook Aunt
Oct 4, 2008

wiggle wiggle

Kibayasu posted:

Weather control could schedule rain for downtime. Maybe it rains every night from 2am to 5am, when most of the guests are asleep. Happy plants, happy guests. Having a sudden downpour in the day isn't what they signed up for.

There could have been a backlash from things going offline suddenly. Like RL Climate Change may only change things a couple degrees overall, but that can mean drastic swings in the short term. The weather control going offline dumped them right into monsoon season.

maybeadracula
Sep 9, 2022

by sebmojo

Soul Dentist posted:

I think it's a play on

lmbo I forgot about that

nine-gear crow
Aug 10, 2013

The General posted:

I think I've used the forums file attachment feature like twice :v:

I've sent this to so many people today and it's pissed them all off equally. Thank you, goon sir.

McSpanky
Jan 16, 2005

Night10194 posted:

It is self-cleaning, it just isn't self-emptying.

Lil Swamp Booger Baby
Aug 1, 1981

O'Brien would 100% get mad at like Mario Party.

Neddy Seagoon
Oct 12, 2012

"Hi Everybody!"

Lil Swamp Booger Baby posted:

Mi-les, why did you lose all your Stars in Chance Time to Kira?

Regular Wario
Mar 27, 2010

Slippery Tilde
Obrien and odo playing mario party

nine-gear crow
Aug 10, 2013

Lil Swamp Booger Baby posted:

O'Brien and Bashir would play a game of Goldeneye and it would put one of them in sickbay.

McSpanky
Jan 16, 2005

nine-gear crow posted:

O'Brien and Bashir would play a game of Goldeneye and it would put one of them in sickbay.

Who would take Oddjob?

JediTalentAgent
Jun 5, 2005
Hey, look. Look, if- if you screw me on this, I shall become more powerful than you can possibly imagine, you rat bastard!
Angel One is not entertained by these boring holodeck dramas. They want some of that kinky Ferengi reality programming.

GolfHole
Feb 26, 2004

McSpanky posted:

Who would take Oddjob?

Obrien: I'll be Jaws. Jaws is the biggest.

Bashir: No, Miles, you don't understand; since the Jaws character takes up so much of the on-screen hitbox, he's substantially easier to hit than most other models. Contrast that with Oddjob, whose diminutive stature offers him a natural psychological and physiological advantage, particularly over extraordinarily tall characters who will need to strain to even hit the dodgy bastard.

Obrien: Jaws is the toughest. I'm gonna pick Jaws.

davidspackage
May 16, 2007

Nap Ghost

Wii Spawn Camper posted:

There's this weird moment in the TNG Trill episode where a temporary host needs to be found for the slug, and Data volunteers.

Yeah sure Data, we'll just stuff it in between the SSDs and AMT Radeon in your tummy, it'll be fine

gimme the GOD DAMN candy
Jul 1, 2007

Neddy Seagoon posted:

Pretty sure he was being sardonic about his options.

sure, you can interpret it that way. if you're a basic bitch.

thotsky
Jun 7, 2005

hot to trot

maybealabia posted:

cum

Farmer Crack-Ass
Jan 2, 2001

this is me posting irl

Powered Descent posted:

Klingons invent the pain-stik and then only do boring, vanilla things with it. They could learn a thing or two from a certain holographic Mistress, is what I'm saying.

the super riding crop is created

nine-gear crow
Aug 10, 2013

No the problem is he eventually does cum and it ruins everything for everyone :v:

FlamingLiberal
Jan 18, 2009

Would you like to play a game?

McSpanky posted:

Who would take Oddjob?
Garak

GolfHole
Feb 26, 2004

Bashir plays as boring-ole' bond.

John Murdoch
May 19, 2009

I can tune a fish.

Sedgr posted:

Troi hangs out with Riker, Worf and Barclay. Riker exudes BDE, Worf for the klingon kinkfest, Barclay because he's swinging pipe so big it's got an elbow.

Below the waist, might technically be a knee.

Barclay still goes through the whole "6 inches is the average? This is very troubling." routine, just from the other direction.

Powered Descent
Jul 13, 2008

Suddenly I'm envisioning a game of Mario Kart in which Garak has obtained a blue "optolythic" shell. As the race nears its end, Garak fires the blue shell at Senator Vreenak, who is knocked completely off the side of the Rainbow Road, allowing Sisko to coast to victory. Sisko is angry but decides he can live with it. He CAN live with it.

Computer, erase that entire race ghost.

nine-gear crow
Aug 10, 2013
https://www.hollywoodreporter.com/tv/tv-news/star-trek-prodigy-netflix-pickup-1235615236/

We're back up to three good Modern Trek shows, boys (and girls, and non-binary folks)! :buddy:

Powered Descent
Jul 13, 2008

nine-gear crow posted:

https://www.hollywoodreporter.com/tv/tv-news/star-trek-prodigy-netflix-pickup-1235615236/

We're back up to three good Modern Trek shows, boys (and girls, and non-binary folks)! :buddy:

From the article, it sounds like Netflix will just be showing the existing episodes, including the 99%-done season 2. Any word on actually making more beyond that?

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

redshirt
Aug 11, 2007

I've been waiting to sign up for Paramount + cuz I want to watch S2 of SNW and god help me Picard and Discovery; but all the news I've read recently has caused me to hold off. And now there's Trek not on Paramount+? Isn't that one of their big selling points? All the Trek?