Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Bouillon Rube
Aug 6, 2009

Atrocious Joe posted:

Moderates in the US are noting how support for Palestine is further discrediting extremist groups like BLM and DSA
https://twitter.com/daveweigel/status/1711850323080356285
https://twitter.com/mattyglesias/status/1711815885067882862

lmao when was dsa ever a political force

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Atrocious Joe
Sep 2, 2011

https://twitter.com/yumna_patel/status/1711778874256666863
decent thread on how Israel is manipulating access to battlefield sites

quote:

A short 🧵:

The Israeli military is taking foreign press on "tours" of sites where Israelis were killed. Israeli media reported that only international outlets have been allowed on these govt-sponsored tours, no local media has even been allowed to approach. /1

At the same time, no foreign press are being allowed into Gaza. And so, audiences in the West are being fed constant images of their favorite reporters cowering on the ground to take cover from rockets being fired from Gaza. /2

quote:

CNN's @ClarissaWard taking cover in a ditch amid a "massive barrage of rockets" near the Israel-Gaza border
It's why we're seeing countless reports like this one, where journalists are regurgitating lines & talking points fed to them by the Israeli army about decapitated Israeli babies. Claims that are going unchecked, and unverified /3

quote:

i24NEWS Correspondent @Nicole_Zedek reports from Kibbutz Kfar Aza, a quarter-mile from the Gaza border, and recounts the atrocities that were committed in the small community which remains an active scene as soldiers clear booby traps and recover the bodies of dozens of victims
By taking only foreign press into these sites & feeding them info, Israel is again taking control of the narrative on the international stage. Western journalists are more than happy to play along, failing to do basic due diligence in conveying these stories to their audiences /4

And by not allowing local, Hebrew-speaking media into certain areas, Israel is shielding itself from the criticisms and growing frustrations of a population that could easily eventually turn on the govt for failing to protect them /5

It's a win-win situation for Israel. It gets to put out to the world the images that it wants (dead Israelis), while limiting what it doesn't want the world to see or hear (real life Gazans as human beings), and preventing its own people from the truth of its colossal failure/END

Starsfan
Sep 29, 2007

This is what happens when you disrespect Cam Neely

Danann posted:

https://twitter.com/Israel_katz/status/1711659347590156417

energy minister out there just tweeting that they're eagerly participating in genocide

this loving sucks

Beeftweeter
Jun 28, 2005

OFFICIAL #1 GNOME FAN
BREAKING: Video proof of baby tortured by Hamas

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=-5x5OXfe9KY

Dixon Chisholm
Jan 2, 2020

Hatebag posted:

yeah i get it, parabolas and all. it's impressive, though

arabic scholars invented the parabola.

Starsfan
Sep 29, 2007

This is what happens when you disrespect Cam Neely

Beeftweeter posted:

i'm sure that's some goof video since this thread isn't in GBS, but I've learned to be cautious at posts like that with links..

Hamelekim
Feb 25, 2006

And another thing... if global warming is real. How come it's so damn cold?
Ramrod XTreme

Crazypoops posted:

lol what the gently caress is wrong with you

Living in a media bubble that only provides you with what you want to hear rots your brain.

Pener Kropoopkin
Jan 30, 2013

Beeftweeter posted:

no nsw tag?

Kitfox88
Aug 21, 2007

Anybody lose their glasses?

Too Many Birds posted:

speak for yourself

im just straight up loving stupid

Ferdinand Bardamu
Apr 30, 2013
The US needs to do this to Israel, end this nonsense once and for all.

Buddykins
Feb 12, 2011

Too Many Birds posted:

speak for yourself

im just straight up loving stupid

smoobles
Sep 4, 2014

WaryWarren posted:

thank you for putting these events thru a pop culture lens that I can understand

Ardennes
May 12, 2002

Jel Shaker posted:

its going to be a redux of the russians early on in the war, with a lonely tank trundling along a street with the infantry miles away as they are too precious or few to risk, with whoever just taking pot shots high up in the apartments

Probably worse than that because they are directly going into a urban area (ruins still provide cover), and before the war started they have around 300-350 active service tanks for multiple fronts. They can take tanks out of storage but that gets them to about 600, and they still have to cover the north and Golan. It is going to be a mess if they actually go in especially since Hamas seems to have picked up plenty from the Ukraine war.

As far as the Ford goes, it is an x factor, but ultimately it only has so many fighters to sustain operations (especially since the F-35C really isn't ready for prime time) and the US getting directly involved is going to cost them a lot across the entire region, there are US troops in Iraq/Syria that wouldn't have support.

So yeah, the US/Israel is fronting itself as this crushing force, it isn't actually great for them strategically. Also, this is not to mention that that you can only keep F-16s (and especially F-35s) in operation so long before they need a prolonged maintenance period. It is the issue with trying to fight wars from the air, you got about 2-3 weeks of potentially crushing tactical bombing and then either you mop up or things get real dirty.

new kind of cat
May 8, 2007

by Fluffdaddy

Atrocious Joe posted:

Moderates in the US are noting how support for Palestine is further discrediting extremist groups like BLM and DSA
https://twitter.com/daveweigel/status/1711850323080356285
https://twitter.com/mattyglesias/status/1711815885067882862

matt yglesias has an egg shaped head and is dumb as a poo poo on a brick

tristeham
Jul 31, 2022

Lpzie posted:

and would you look at that, there's mcmagic !

ContinuityNewTimes
Dec 30, 2010

Я выдуман напрочь

Lpzie posted:

and would you look at that, there's mcmagic !

Ferdinand Bardamu
Apr 30, 2013

smoobles posted:

thank you for putting these events thru a pop culture lens that I can understand

any time, schmooby

bvj191jgl7bBsqF5m
Apr 16, 2017

IÃÂÃŒÂÌ° Ó̯̖̫̹̯̤A҉mÃÂ̺̩ Ç̬A̡̮̞̠ÚÉ̱̫ K̶eÓgÃÂ.̻̱̪̕Ö̹̟

Bouillon Rube posted:

lmao when was dsa ever a political force

it was well on its way and then reddit banned r/cumtown

Ardennes
May 12, 2002

WaryWarren posted:

The US made Israel what it is, it would be basically throwing itself off the catwalk.

Anyway, if you ever followed the Ukraine thread, you really wouldn't be surprised about the Western media hyping up utterly fake stories. It is just how the US and its clients work.

Danny LaFever
Dec 29, 2008

Grimey Drawer

Boycotting Israel is a crime

Shima Honnou
Dec 1, 2010

The Once And Future King Of Dicetroit

College Slice

WaryWarren posted:

the difference between the usa and dark lord darth vader is one of them is pure irredeemable evil

Atrocious Joe
Sep 2, 2011

Oz Katerji, who reported alongside Ukrainian forces during the battle of Kyiv, is being gracious as skeptics of Hamas war crimes are being proven wrong

Weka
May 5, 2019

That child totally had it coming. Nobody should be able to be out at dusk except cars.

Nonsense posted:

Jordan's king has lost the people's mandate, they need only take it.

No idea if this is at all realistic but it would totally reshape the middle east. Here's hoping!

Nonsense
Jan 26, 2007

Israel and Myanmar need a new birth of freedom

Mola Yam
Jun 18, 2004

Kali Ma Shakti de!
i am very cynical. but the instant, broad-based, full-throated support for israel going mask-off turbogenocide has actually surprised me a little.

i am despairing and the only outcomes i can see are incredibly grim.

Xaris
Jul 25, 2006

Lucky there's a family guy
Lucky there's a man who positively can do
All the things that make us
Laugh and cry

Crazypoops posted:

lol what the gently caress is wrong with you
I can usually hatelisten to NPR on my morning car commute most days when I’m too lazy to put on a podcast, but it has been so disgusting that even I had to turn it off

like, so utterly vile that it makes your skin crawl

Egg Moron
Jul 21, 2003

the dreams of the delighting void

things are getting really hairy out there

china should just go hard on taiwan now, gently caress it

smarxist
Jul 26, 2018

by Fluffdaddy
democracy now is still pretty good(man) :unsmith:

edit: wrong link at first lol

punished milkman
Dec 5, 2018

would have won

Mola Yam posted:

i am very cynical. but the instant, broad-based, full-throated support for israel going mask-off turbogenocide has actually surprised me a little.

i am despairing and the only outcomes i can see are incredibly grim.

same, this is hosed. feel like i’m losing my mind. the entire media and political apparatus is blasting off at max power for the genocide of palestine.

i also made the mistake of looking at reddit today, lmao

Sudden Loud Noise
Feb 18, 2007

I've got a bad habit in times like these with doom scroling, and doom reading, and doom watching, and doom listening, and doom thinking.

Xaris
Jul 25, 2006

Lucky there's a family guy
Lucky there's a man who positively can do
All the things that make us
Laugh and cry

Sudden Loud Noise posted:

I've got a bad habit in times like these with doom scroling, and doom reading, and doom watching, and doom listening, and doom thinking.

play doom eternal

Cuttlefush
Jan 15, 2014

gotta have my purp

smarxist posted:

democracy now is still pretty good(man) :unsmith:

edit: wrong link at first lol

i was wondering what the gently caress that was about

Stinky Wizzleteats
Nov 26, 2015

You must pay the price for this post.
Welp, explained to my chud uncle what DTI means today. Hope he is relieved it's not a sex thing at least.

smarxist
Jul 26, 2018

by Fluffdaddy

Stinky Wizzleteats posted:

Welp, explained to my chud uncle what DTI means today. Hope he is relieved it's not a sex thing at least.

*chud uncle sees a transphobic guy* hey buddy my nephew is DTI! *punches*

Buddykins
Feb 12, 2011

Sudden Loud Noise posted:

become the doomguy

icantfindaname
Jul 1, 2008

new kind of cat posted:

matt yglesias has an egg shaped head and is dumb as a poo poo on a brick

Nah he’s pretty smart unfortunately, at least I think. Ezra Klein is the dumb vox guy. Yggy is just evil

(USER WAS PUT ON PROBATION FOR THIS POST)

new kind of cat
May 8, 2007

by Fluffdaddy

icantfindaname posted:

Nah he’s pretty smart unfortunately, at least I think. Ezra Klein is the dumb vox guy. Yggy is just evil

everyone i disagree with is fuckn dumb

V. Illych L.
Apr 11, 2008

ASK ME ABOUT LUMBER

icantfindaname posted:

1 billion americans

V. Illych L.
Apr 11, 2008

ASK ME ABOUT LUMBER

Atrocious Joe posted:

Oz Katerji, who reported alongside Ukrainian forces during the battle of Kyiv, is being gracious as skeptics of Hamas war crimes are being proven wrong

i do enjoy that his source genuinely is "trust me bro"

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Malleum
Aug 16, 2014

Am I the one at fault? What about me is wrong?
Buglord
after trump every quisling with a media job decided that they needed to combat "anti-establishment" sentiment by becoming government mouthpieces, and then after the ukraine started their donbas genocide they all decided that the only way to combat "disinformation" was uncritically repeating whatever they were told through official channels

the uniform bloodthirst in american media is not surprising even though its deeply disgusting :d2a: