Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

DJExile
Jun 28, 2007

Angry_Ed posted:

Punk will be all set to sign and then he finds out Colt Cabana held the NWA World Heavyweight Championship once and flips out.

lmao

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

weekly font
Dec 1, 2004

Everytime I try to fly I fall
Without my wings
I feel so small
Guess I need you baby...

Tyrus is like the Ultimate Warrior. He gets gassed in his entrance but instead of a sprint its a slow plodding march much like his matches

haunted bong
Jun 24, 2007

weekly font posted:

Tyrus is like the Ultimate Warrior. He gets gassed in his entrance but instead of a sprint its a slow plodding march much like his matches

He also has some opinions

Maxwell Lord
Dec 12, 2008

I am drowning.
There is no sign of land.
You are coming down with me, hand in unlovable hand.

And I hope you die.

I hope we both die.

:smith:

Grimey Drawer
Tyrus took the Funkasaurus gimmick to heart and began moving like one of the larger sauropods

syzpid
Aug 9, 2014
Only just realized Kamille lost the title to Kenzie Page. Kind of surprising, another 130 days and she would have had the longest single reign (not counting Moolah's reigns in which she owned the title) surpassing Jazz. She's 3rd behind Jazz and MsChif in total days holding the title.

Chris James 2
Aug 9, 2012

Sounds like she wanted to take a break but didn't want to vacate or not have the belt defended during that time. Jazz obviously didn't wrestle anywhere near as much as Kamille did

Edge & Christian
May 20, 2001

Earth-1145 is truly the best!
A world of singing, magic frogs,
high adventure, no shitposters
Yeah, in terms of "long NWA women's title reigns in the 21st century" Kamille is the fightingest champion and it's not particularly close:

Kamille - 841 days, 40 successful defenses (approximately one match every 20 days)
Barbi Hayden - 378 days, 11 successful defenses (approximately one match every 30 days)
MsChif - 818 days, 7 successful defenses (approximately one match every 90 days)
Kacee Carlisle - 462 days, 3 successful defenses (approximately one match every 92 days)
Jazz - 948 days, 8 successful defenses (approximately one match every 95 days)
Tasha Simone - 365 days, 0 successful defenses (one match every 365 days)
Leilani Kai - 465 days, 0 successful defenses (one match every 465 days)
Christie Ricci - 476 days, 0 successful defenses (one match every 476 days)

Though in general all of the modern champions have been relatively active:

Serena Deeb - 228 days (one title match every 29 days)
Thunder Rosa - 271 days (one title match every 30 days)
Allysin Kay - 272 days (one title match every 39 days)
Amber Gallows - 273 days (one title match every 21 days)
Santana Garrett - 314 days (one title match every 7 days)

Edge & Christian fucked around with this message at 02:08 on Sep 11, 2023

Davros1
Jul 19, 2007

You've got to admit, you are kind of implausible

Oh Billy

https://x.com/Billy/status/1702081560353112298?s=20

MassRafTer
May 26, 2001

BAEST MODE!!!

He's right.

SamuraiFoochs
Jan 16, 2007

Grimey Drawer

One of the replies to this :psyduck:

https://twitter.com/MamiePelote/status/1702091806836502818

Burger...go ruffle?

coconono
Aug 11, 2004

KISS ME KRIS

...what

SamuraiFoochs
Jan 16, 2007

Grimey Drawer

I'M SAYING

WHAT THE gently caress

Also Tyrus was #58 in the PWI500 LMFAO

Dr. Baker
Jan 25, 2012

Numb me, drill me
Floss me, bill me
https://twitter.com/Peps_Wrestling/status/1702378780977725542?t=KQecz8PAyBlih-YNeh2_kQ&s=19

MassRafTer
May 26, 2001

BAEST MODE!!!
I wonder if anything comes of this after his Tyrus tweet.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=ZI8rDPGWJno

History Comes Inside!
Nov 20, 2004

In my head chris masters should be old as gently caress by now because I forget he was only like 20 when he debuted

Dishwasher
Dec 5, 2006

Congratulations on not getting fit in 2011!
At least it's over and we can really get this Thrillbilly main event push rolling.

Lid
Feb 18, 2005

And the mercy seat is awaiting,
And I think my head is burning,
And in a way I'm yearning,
To be done with all this measuring of proof.
An eye for an eye
And a tooth for a tooth,
And anyway I told the truth,
And I'm not afraid to die.
https://twitter.com/nwa/status/1710852825125712093?t=mWX7J64U-UODvJYGDf-2gw&s=19

Lol

Seams
Feb 3, 2005

ROCK HARD
https://twitter.com/nwa/status/1711396114543399095?s=46&t=AwMtDeZF_tX5DmOd53fE0g

Dawgstar
Jul 15, 2017

I love how they keep saying that, as though repetition makes it true.

Davros1
Jul 19, 2007

Billy says the NWA has gotten not one, but TWO TV deals! In one interview, he says it's a in "Top Twenty" station.

It's totally going to be Fox News at 3:00am, isn't it?

Lamuella
Jun 26, 2003

It's like goldy or bronzy, but made of iron.

Congrats to The Weather Channel for this huge get.

Cavauro
Jan 9, 2008

i bet it's MeTV which focuses on 'classic' stuff and that's why they did this territory thing. and it's like top 40 so a lie but one that's likely to be told

rotinaj
Sep 5, 2008

Fun Shoe

Davros1 posted:

Billy says the NWA has gotten not one, but TWO TV deals! In one interview, he says it's a in "Top Twenty" station.

It's totally going to be Fox News at 3:00am, isn't it?

As far as I can tell, that pop tv channel that used to be the tv guide channel still exists

syzpid
Aug 9, 2014
Someone signed them on the cheap cause they heard wrestling was hot again. The first episode is going to have the guy in the gimp mask in it and they are going to be instantly cancelled

MassRafTer
May 26, 2001

BAEST MODE!!!
https://twitter.com/nwa/status/1713234917532860617

NWA Thread: "Wrestling Fans All Over the World Deserve Better Than That"

MassRafTer fucked around with this message at 18:51 on Oct 14, 2023

forkboy84
Jun 13, 2012

Corgis love bread. And Puro

The lead singer of Smashing Pumpkins putting out an official statement about the incredibly weird guy who writes a newsletter about wrestling for the last 40 years rules.

SatoshiMiwa
May 6, 2007

Going after the sheets to draw. I'm sure that'll get business hot and sell tickets like...it has done *checks notes and reads history* 0 times before!

Suplex Liberace
Jan 18, 2012

this mf is calling the next NWA show Samhaim??

rotinaj
Sep 5, 2008

Fun Shoe

MassRafTer posted:

https://twitter.com/nwa/status/1713234917532860617

NWA Thread: "Wrestling Fans All Over the World Deserve Better Than That"

Observe this, brother

esperantinc
May 5, 2003

JERRY! HELLO!

"William Patrick Corbin" just makes me cringe every time I read it.

Even your twitter handle is @Billy, Billy!

Trying
Sep 26, 2019

esperantinc posted:

William Patrick Corbin

of the band Applying Catastrophic Force to Mature Winter Squashes of the Genus Cucurbita

MassRafTer
May 26, 2001

BAEST MODE!!!

Trying posted:

of the band Applying Catastrophic Force to Mature Winter Squashes of the Genus Cucurbita

No, the band is nice boobs.

esperantinc
May 5, 2003

JERRY! HELLO!

I didn't even notice my fuckup of his last name until just now and I refuse to correct it. :smugbert:

Davros1
Jul 19, 2007

And you just know this whole thing sprung up because Billy William Patrick Corgan sees Dave arguing with on social media everyday and thought "If all these people are ripping on Dave for not liking stuff, and I rip on Dave for not liking stuff, then those people will then watch NWA!"

Tampa Bae
Aug 23, 2021

Please, this is all I have
What was the observer quote Dave said years ago about billy corgin years before he even approached TNA about him being the celebrity who was the least talented famous person ever

anyway lol at him making one of the least mobile wrestlers in the world that aren't over 60 his world champion just so the title would be on fox news

DJExile
Jun 28, 2007

Tampa Bae posted:

What was the observer quote Dave said years ago about billy corgin years before he even approached TNA about him being the celebrity who was the least talented famous person ever

anyway lol at him making one of the least mobile wrestlers in the world that aren't over 60 his world champion just so the title would be on fox news

What's amazing too is most of the time he wasn't even on Fox news, he would be on like fox business or one of their other throwaway channels.

MassRafTer
May 26, 2001

BAEST MODE!!!

DJExile posted:

What's amazing too is most of the time he wasn't even on Fox news, he would be on like fox business or one of their other throwaway channels.

He's on Fox News proper a ton, beyond being a panelist or guest on Gutfeld! or The Five he's guest hosted Gutfeld!.

DJExile
Jun 28, 2007

oh welp, lol

MassRafTer
May 26, 2001

BAEST MODE!!!

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

SamuraiFoochs
Jan 16, 2007

Grimey Drawer

As someone who's in love with a recovering alcoholic this honestly viscerally pisses me off.