Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

icantfindaname
Jul 1, 2008

V. Illych L. posted:

1 billion americans

I mean, “smart” is relative, also much of what he says is bullshitting, I don’t think he actually believes much of it

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

corgiwizard
Oct 27, 2020

Xaris posted:

play doom eternal

listen to mf doom

https://youtu.be/WW-9TcDTKa8?si=DY9Xwd7Xp_AsuWoL

Mr SuperAwesome
Apr 6, 2011

im from the bad post police, and i'm afraid i have bad news

Mola Yam posted:

i am very cynical. but the instant, broad-based, full-throated support for israel going mask-off turbogenocide has actually surprised me a little.

i am despairing and the only outcomes i can see are incredibly grim.

even after years of ukraine nazi insanity and outrageous lies this is a pretty lol crack ping. outrageous fake news about beheaded babies and the rapes, within like 48h? at least the fake atrocity propaganda from ukraine was mildly less ridiculous and took a bit longer

good news for the credibility of the israeli psyops forces, they are doing a rather good job.

the other hilarious point is that now _not_ supporting the israeli turbogenocide in the west will make you a... turbogenocide supporter :ironicat:, eagerly looking forward to how this one affects relationships with normal people that already thought we were all insane tankies for not unquestioningly supporting (nazi) ukraine.

hopefully we do end up with a 3 front war (syria/lebanon/gaza) and israel gets crushed but then the question is what next lol.

Ardennes posted:

Probably worse than that because they are directly going into a urban area (ruins still provide cover), and before the war started they have around 300-350 active service tanks for multiple fronts. They can take tanks out of storage but that gets them to about 600, and they still have to cover the north and Golan. It is going to be a mess if they actually go in especially since Hamas seems to have picked up plenty from the Ukraine war.

As far as the Ford goes, it is an x factor, but ultimately it only has so many fighters to sustain operations (especially since the F-35C really isn't ready for prime time) and the US getting directly involved is going to cost them a lot across the entire region, there are US troops in Iraq/Syria that wouldn't have support.

So yeah, the US/Israel is fronting itself as this crushing force, it isn't actually great for them strategically. Also, this is not to mention that that you can only keep F-16s (and especially F-35s) in operation so long before they need a prolonged maintenance period. It is the issue with trying to fight wars from the air, you got about 2-3 weeks of potentially crushing tactical bombing and then either you mop up or things get real dirty.

Yeah indeed, Israel is going completely nuts right now just bombing.... everything and turbogenocide, but when they run out of bombs/planes/whatever for a high intensity campaign and have to resort to actual urban warfare, well they're going to get rinsed obviously. hopefully/presumably the palestinians and allies counter this and start rolling on israel, the US won't really have the capacity/motivation to start a boots on the ground war, so what next? nothing good lol.

corgiwizard
Oct 27, 2020

even more appropriate: https://youtu.be/uSxlZQUqVPY?si=69FR92ff8NZINhvV

err
Apr 11, 2005

I carry my own weight no matter how heavy this shit gets...

Sudden Loud Noise posted:

I've got a bad habit in times like these with doom scroling, and doom reading, and doom watching, and doom listening, and doom thinking.

delete twitter + reddit

i occasionally check reddit to get temperature checks but it has improved my quality of life so much.

Engorged Pedipalps
Apr 21, 2023

Mola Yam posted:

i am very cynical. but the instant, broad-based, full-throated support for israel going mask-off turbogenocide has actually surprised me a little.

i am despairing and the only outcomes i can see are incredibly grim.

I spent the whole day having a pretty rough time tbh, I'd love to just blame the thread and ask for a time-out but I can't open any news site or landing page on the internet without seeing a story or editorial that is driving me insane, I can't go on social media, it's everywhere

Nobody's talking about it at work at all and I'm incredibly relieved, the times where I was working and not tuning into this crap were the most peaceful part of my day

err posted:

delete twitter + reddit

i occasionally check reddit to get temperature checks but it has improved my quality of life so much.

This is incredibly good advice fwiw; deleting my twitter account was incredibly helpful for me. You don't need to read the replies, guys. You don't even need to read the tweets. :smith:

Engorged Pedipalps has issued a correction as of 00:31 on Oct 11, 2023

uber_stoat
Jan 21, 2001

Pillbug

Zerg Mans
Oct 19, 2006

Except Israel should go away

Weka
May 5, 2019

That child totally had it coming. Nobody should be able to be out at dusk except cars.

Starsfan posted:

i'm sure that's some goof video since this thread isn't in GBS, but I've learned to be cautious at posts like that with links..

This motherfucker has never seen the dancing baby!

Mr SuperAwesome
Apr 6, 2011

im from the bad post police, and i'm afraid i have bad news

err posted:

delete twitter + reddit

avoid all lib and non tankie sources of media

and avoid something awful dot com too lol

Ardennes
May 12, 2002

Mr SuperAwesome posted:

Yeah indeed, Israel is going completely nuts right now just bombing.... everything and turbogenocide, but when they run out of bombs/planes/whatever for a high intensity campaign and have to resort to actual urban warfare, well they're going to get rinsed obviously. hopefully/presumably the palestinians and allies counter this and start rolling on israel, the US won't really have the capacity/motivation to start a boots on the ground war, so what next? nothing good lol.

The US is going to keep ammo coming for a bit, but yeah, the issue is going to be sustained operations on their jets, Israel only has so many and if it has to split its airpower on 2-3 fronts, it gets a lot messier.

We could always see something wild like the US actually landing marines in Lebanon (again) but I doubt they would fare well.

It really also depends on "silent" players like the Russians and Chinese, neither one would get involved (the Russians have their own war) but China especially may open a lot of dual use goods to the Iranians who in turn would be the arsenals of the region.

It really feels like Hamas is in for a long fight, and if Egypt is allowing aid in (and ignoring Hamas' tunnels), it could be a long war. The Israel is clearly going to keep on going at it with air raids for a while though.

Also, even if there is a ceasefire, it isn't going to change anything besides both sides gearing up for the next conflict since there is no real hope for lasting peace, pretty much the same in Ukraine.

DarkSithLord
Apr 14, 2023

by Fluffdaddy

Mr SuperAwesome posted:

even after years of ukraine nazi insanity and outrageous lies this is a pretty lol crack ping. outrageous fake news about beheaded babies and the rapes, within like 48h? at least the fake atrocity propaganda from ukraine was mildly less ridiculous and took a bit longer

that stuff you mentioned has been effective propaganda for a very long time. people buy into it and are okay with israel's responr because they're media illiterate retards and more importantly don't view palestinians as humans

Scarabrae
Oct 7, 2002

Stinky Wizzleteats posted:

Welp, explained to my chud uncle what DTI means today. Hope he is relieved it's not a sex thing at least.

why is everyone discussing debt to income ratios?

Atrocious Joe
Sep 2, 2011

Anne Applebaum throwback

Smythe
Oct 12, 2003

Lpzie posted:

sorry that tank was mine. used for normal things, grocery, soccer, you know...

lol

my bony fealty
Oct 1, 2008

at least they don't have to make kids in school read The Wave to explain how genocide happens anymore, they can read NPR or the Washington Post instead.

Nairbo
Jan 2, 2005

err posted:

delete twitter + reddit

That Reddit api poo poo show was so good for me to finally secure from that awful site. I also check occasionally but not having Apollo makes it so much easier to avoid given how absolutely dogshit the mobile site is

Elon plz just make Twitter die once and for all. Bluesky is a much more healthy place but not nearly enough activity

DarkSithLord
Apr 14, 2023

by Fluffdaddy

err posted:

delete twitter + reddit

reddit is such an astroturfed place anyways why would you go there for a temperature check especially on a subject like i/p

Flavahbeast
Jul 21, 2001

V. Illych L. posted:

i do enjoy that his source genuinely is "trust me bro"

Here's a reporter he linked as a source, it's not in English though. (Link contains images of body bags but nothing graphic)

https://twitter.com/margothaddad/status/1711756690574479651

Al!
Apr 2, 2010

:coolspot::coolspot::coolspot::coolspot::coolspot:
imo israel should surrender now to avoid further bloodshed

Al!
Apr 2, 2010

Flavahbeast posted:

Here's a reporter he linked as a source, it's not in English though. (Link contains images of body bags but nothing graphic)

lol ok

fits my needs
Jan 1, 2011

Grimey Drawer

Flavahbeast posted:

you know twitter has a translate thing right?

quote:

That's it, the information is out. It's so macabre that no one wanted to reveal it until they had 100% confirmation.

🔺 Infants and children under 2 years old were beheaded by Hamas in the Kibbutz of Kfar Aza. It is a horror, a massacre.

For those asking for the source. They are multiple: Israeli army, internal intelligence service and atrocious images which reached me and which I was able to cross-check. But the best source remains this: courageous journalists from the foreign press who were able to see / agreed to see with their own eyes the bodies in Kfar Aza.

wow it is the israeli army, intelligence service and atrocious images!

Wraith of J.O.I.
Jan 25, 2012

ok the sphere’s not cool anymore

https://twitter.com/lizziecosmos/status/1711881474759106622

smarxist
Jul 26, 2018

by Fluffdaddy
something pretty bad happened in that village, there's a story on Reuters that seems sourced well enough, but only the most bloodthirsty psycho outlets are rolling with "40 beheaded babies"

Engorged Pedipalps
Apr 21, 2023

Engorged Pedipalps has issued a correction as of 04:16 on Oct 11, 2023

Asproigerosis
Mar 13, 2013

insufferable
The idea of being a war journalist, coming across a deeply depraved and inhuman act of barbarism by combatants, and deciding no nobody needs to see this it's too much for their sensitive minds. They must simply trust me when I say it totally happened I was there bro trust me.

WAR CRIME GIGOLO
Oct 3, 2012

The Hague
tryna get me
for these glutes

What if somebody opened a chain of jewish- Palestinian fusion restaurants to bring peace to the region?

(USER WAS PUT ON PROBATION FOR THIS POST)

smarxist
Jul 26, 2018

by Fluffdaddy
https://www.reuters.com/world/middle-east/bodies-residents-militants-lie-grounds-ravaged-israeli-kibbutz-2023-10-10/

Al!
Apr 2, 2010

Engorged Pedipalps posted:

yeah i don't even think that's a photo taken in Israel

that photo could be anything taken anywhere at any time

as for the settler kibbutz its possible that they were killed by hamas. could have been killed by the idf too

Goon Boots
Feb 2, 2020

is there a palestininan prince that can marry an israeli princess

DarkSithLord
Apr 14, 2023

by Fluffdaddy

WAR CRIME GIGOLO posted:

What if somebody opened a chain of jewish- Palestinian fusion restaurants to bring peace to the region?

hold that L!!!!

Mr. Sharps
Jul 30, 2006

The only true law is that which leads to freedom. There is no other.

WAR CRIME GIGOLO posted:

gotta be honest when someone said that poster war crime gigolo was going to be the next one to go nuts I thought they were being funny and making up a silly username

Dixon Chisholm
Jan 2, 2020

Ringo Roadagain posted:

also for the record, I dont care if hamas beheaded 40 babies. unconditional support.

ringos right

Hammerstein
May 6, 2005

YOU DON'T KNOW A DAMN THING ABOUT RACING !

my bony fealty posted:

at least they don't have to make kids in school read The Wave to explain how genocide happens anymore, they can read NPR or the Washington Post instead.

They will still make them read it. But as inspiration, instead of a warning.

Engorged Pedipalps
Apr 21, 2023

Asproigerosis posted:

The idea of being a war journalist, coming across a deeply depraved and inhuman act of barbarism by combatants, and deciding no nobody needs to see this it's too much for their sensitive minds. They must simply trust me when I say it totally happened I was there bro trust me.

Like, I don't personally want to see any of this poo poo, I just want one of these weasels to provide this information to an actual media outlet so it can be verified and confirmed to the public

I don't doubt that things are very bad in this conflict but we're getting a lot of transparency on what is happening to people in Gaza and the things that are happening to the Westernized, Free, Modern, Everyone has a Smartphone israel are basically completely impossible to verify and I don't understand it, it makes it very difficult for me to trust these stories or the motives of Israel in this conflict

smarxist
Jul 26, 2018

by Fluffdaddy

Ringo Roadagain posted:

also for the record, I dont care if hamas beheaded 40 babies. unconditional support.

this guy owns

Mister Speaker
May 8, 2007

WE WILL CONTROL
ALL THAT YOU SEE
AND HEAR

WAR CRIME GIGOLO posted:

There are like three of these in my neighbourhood alone, lmao.

Starsfan
Sep 29, 2007

This is what happens when you disrespect Cam Neely
I think there's an initial euphoria that develops as the ghouls realize that they can say literally anything they feel and face absolutely no consequences, and all dissenting opinions are shouted down by the combination of Nazis and libs. As things calm down and the biggest freaks take it too far (and whatever happens on the ground becomes increasingly ugly) there will be increasing push back. A month or two from now you won't be able to find anyone on the street who will admit that they were pro Israel.

err
Apr 11, 2005

I carry my own weight no matter how heavy this shit gets...

DarkSithLord posted:

reddit is such an astroturfed place anyways why would you go there for a temperature check especially on a subject like i/p

yeah it's bad, i am working on stopping totally.

combat footage regularly reaches the front page. pretty unprecedented how insane Western media has become. someone likened it to the afganistan/iraq war, but all of that was on sites like rotten.com/liveleak and poo poo, not easily found on one of the most popular websites in the West.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

1stGear
Jan 16, 2010

Here's to the new us.
I actually took the risk of digging around for pictures or videos of dead kids from Kfar Aza on Twitter and Reddit and found nothing. Its entirely just people linking back to the iTV or CNN reporters who shot the video claiming it happened or other accounts going "Yeah, I totally have photo and videos but not going to post them, just trust me bro".

Like, I don't think more images of dead children should be blasted out into the world, but considered the loving President of the United States is repeating it as fact and it is being used as an excuse for genocide, there should probably be some actual proof shown.