Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Father Wendigo
Sep 28, 2005
This is, sadly, more important to me than bettering myself.

Does anyone know what the status of the Planet Apocalypse reprint Kickstarter is? I'm asking as someone non-backer who's morbidly curious.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

That Italian Guy
Jul 25, 2012

We need the equivalent of the shrimp = small pastry avatar, but for ambulances and their mysteries now.

That Italian Guy posted:

Crossposting from the Dungeons and Dragons thread, this is a campaign I have worked on as a freelancer and it is just launching!

https://www.kickstarter.com/projects/lionbanner/hellwatch-rpg-infernal-oath

It's a Tier 1 to 3, 5e dark fantasy campaign and setting; I have helped design and punch-up the monster stat blocks, items, spells and custom classes for it. There is a free pdf sample (and I have asked the author to expand it a bit, so you may get more free stuff soon).

If nothing else, go check it out for a free fun statblock for a small, swarming undead monster that hunts by sound and covers you in toxic drool.
Quoting since it ended up at the bottom of last page right after posting it :v:

Subjunctive
Sep 12, 2006

✨sparkle and shine✨

Nemesis Of Moles posted:

The game I'm most excited for just hit Kickstarter!

GUBAT BANWA!

Filipino fantasy 4e style tactics TTRPG, looks sick, excellent team, and they're basically funded already hell yeah

that’s what I’m talking about right there

bewilderment
Nov 22, 2007
man what

The Gubat Banwa team put together a really cool visual design doc for other creators and their illustrators and I think it's actually a really cool way to get sold on the setting and introduce it to other players. Basically a bunch of pics along with descriptions of the fictional cultures they're inspiring.

Jedit
Dec 10, 2011

Proudly supporting vanilla legends 1994-2014

Father Wendigo posted:

Does anyone know what the status of the Planet Apocalypse reprint Kickstarter is? I'm asking as someone non-backer who's morbidly curious.

Kinda hosed but not completely hosed. Petersen burned their operating capital on staff wages during the pandemic thinking it would only be a few months, and the only outstanding project that is likely to complete is the last Cthulhu Wars campaign. There is apparently a deal with Catalyst to buy up all the IPs and make good, but neither side will talk about it as negotiations are still ongoing and there's no chance that every project will be completed. However, Catalyst's chief interest is in Cthulhu Wars and Planet Apocalypse as those are established IPs and they're ready to go straight into production, so there's a higher chance that PA2 will be fulfilled than any other.

MonsieurChoc
Oct 12, 2013

Every species can smell its own extinction.
My copy of Shikoku 1889 arrived!

Vidmaster
Oct 26, 2002

Jedit posted:

Kinda hosed but not completely hosed. Petersen burned their operating capital on staff wages during the pandemic thinking it would only be a few months, and the only outstanding project that is likely to complete is the last Cthulhu Wars campaign. There is apparently a deal with Catalyst to buy up all the IPs and make good, but neither side will talk about it as negotiations are still ongoing and there's no chance that every project will be completed. However, Catalyst's chief interest is in Cthulhu Wars and Planet Apocalypse as those are established IPs and they're ready to go straight into production, so there's a higher chance that PA2 will be fulfilled than any other.

Those MFs had better deliver on hyperspace after I went all in on it!

Jedit
Dec 10, 2011

Vidmaster posted:

Those MFs had better deliver on hyperspace after I went all in on it!

Hyperspace is furthest along and is most likely to fulfil after CW and PA2 if anything does, but good luck.

Meanwhile, Final Girl Series 3 has a bit over 16 hours to go and Van Ryder just announced that if they hit $2m the North Pole Nightmare movie (Final Girl: Mrs Claus, killer: Krampus) will be given to all eligible backers for shipping costs only and hopefully delivered by Christmas. It doesn't seem likely even with a "last 48 surge" as they're only around $1.65m, but it's already been discounted down to $5 +shipping.

CHaKKaWaKka
Aug 6, 2001

I've chosen my next victim. Cry tears of joy it's not you!

Nemesis Of Moles posted:

The game I'm most excited for just hit Kickstarter!

GUBAT BANWA!

Filipino fantasy 4e style tactics TTRPG, looks sick, excellent team, and they're basically funded already hell yeah

I've been looking forward to it but I'm a bit concerned by the lack of mentions of shipping. If shipping is not included with the hardcover I assume this is something they would mention, and if it is included then the price seems way too low to me?

edit: nm it looks like they mention in the FAQ section that they will have an update on shipping costs later, that's a bit more reassuring

CHaKKaWaKka fucked around with this message at 05:40 on Oct 14, 2023

Impermanent
Apr 1, 2010
i'm really hype about gubat banwa, its like it was made for me. i am kind of annoyed that the 250 tier gets you all of the physical goodies, but you then have to play 50 more dollars for the 300 tier to get all that as pdfs too.

Marmaduke!
May 19, 2009

Why would it do that!?
I'm quite tempted by the Davy Jones Locker Kickstarter but they list their pledges in the order of $40, $120 and $85 rather than in a sensible ascending order, it sets my OCD off

StarkRavingMad
Sep 27, 2001

Yams Fan

StarkRavingMad posted:

This is an interesting one, Cole Wehrle's next game is Molly House - A game of queer joy and betrayal in 18th century London, done in collaboration with Jo Kelly who debuted the game as an 2021 Zenobia Award Finalist. (Link is to the Backer Kit pre-launch page, the campaign launches on October 17.)

Cole has a designer diary talking about it here: https://boardgamegeek.com/thread/3156663/designer-diary-1-whats-all-then

This is launched now on Backerkit: https://www.backerkit.com/c/wehrlegig-games/wehrlegig-games

$60, with an optional $30 addon if you want metal miniatures.

You also can get Pax Pamir 2d Edition and/or John Company 2d Edition below MSRP as part of the campaign.

The_Doctor
Mar 29, 2007

"The entire history of this incarnation is one of temporal orbits, retcons, paradoxes, parallel time lines, reiterations, and divergences. How anyone can make head or tail of all this chaos, I don't know."

StarkRavingMad posted:

This is launched now on Backerkit: https://www.backerkit.com/c/wehrlegig-games/wehrlegig-games

$60, with an optional $30 addon if you want metal miniatures.

You also can get Pax Pamir 2d Edition and/or John Company 2d Edition below MSRP as part of the campaign.

I want to back explicitly queer games, but Oof at that cost. :ohdear:

Jedit
Dec 10, 2011

The_Doctor posted:

I want to back explicitly queer games, but Oof at that cost. :ohdear:

It's a lot cheaper if you can live without fondling the women. :eng101:

Quote-Unquote
Oct 22, 2002

X-Men Dice Throne KS is up, plus a new co op game. Deadpool is available as an add-on.

https://www.kickstarter.com/projects/dicethrone/dice-throne-x-men-marvel-co-op-missions

dwarf74
Sep 2, 2012

Buglord

Quote-Unquote posted:

X-Men Dice Throne KS is up, plus a new co op game. Deadpool is available as an add-on.

https://www.kickstarter.com/projects/dicethrone/dice-throne-x-men-marvel-co-op-missions
The co-op Missions looks interesting. While I enjoy Dice Throne Adventures, this looks to have a lot less setup and a faster pacing. Time will tell of course.

Jedit
Dec 10, 2011

dwarf74 posted:

Midhalla tried to play the artificially low goal game and came up short.

20k goal. 100k raised. Canceled because that doesn't begin to cover manufacturing - which makes you wonder where the 20k goal came from.

https://www.kickstarter.com/projects/eikejmeyer/midhalla/posts/3900084

Coming back to this one: Fyrnwest had a stand at Spiel this year where they showed off everything that backers were going to get. Namely, a big flashy advertisement, an empty table and nobody around to answer any questions.

Cynicism aside, although there was no way Merz Verlag were going to refund a stand booking that close to the fair, someone at least had to attend to put the banner advert up on the stand. So I strongly suspect they're going to try again at some point.

CitizenKeen
Nov 13, 2003

easygoing pedant
Third party shipping companies that tell you your order has shipped but not what it is that's being shipped...

I'm expecting Pagan: Fate of Roanoke and Unmatched: Tales to Amaze and one of them just shipped.

Azubah
Jun 5, 2007

Looks like there's an upcoming campaign for TMNT for some reason, just new art for the bad rifts rpg.

Bruxism
Apr 29, 2009

Absolutely not anxious about anything.

Bleak Gremlin

CitizenKeen posted:

Third party shipping companies that tell you your order has shipped but not what it is that's being shipped...

I'm expecting Pagan: Fate of Roanoke and Unmatched: Tales to Amaze and one of them just shipped.

I'm also waiting on Pagan. From what I've heard most people are getting it without any shipping announcement at all. I expect that notification is for Unmatched.

malkav11
Aug 7, 2009

CitizenKeen posted:

Better than third party shipping companies that tell the publisher that they've completed fulfillment but haven't sent your game. (I've had no word whatsoever about my copy of Voidfall and I've seen several other US folks report the same.)

NinjaDebugger
Apr 22, 2008

malkav11 posted:

Better than third party shipping companies that tell the publisher that they've completed fulfillment but haven't sent your game. (I've had no word whatsoever about my copy of Voidfall and I've seen several other US folks report the same.)

Was it floship? They screwed chronicle on their paint brush kickstarter exactly like that, they had to sue to get the stock back.

malkav11
Aug 7, 2009

NinjaDebugger posted:

Was it floship? They screwed chronicle on their paint brush kickstarter exactly like that, they had to sue to get the stock back.

Whalebacker. They also apparently had inadequate packaging on a bunch of packages so people's games were arriving smashed up. Honestly the impression I'm getting of them, if I were Mindclash I would not work with them again. But Septima is already fulfilling through them so maybe they'll do better on that. Fingers crossed.

It'd be pretty dumb if I ended up getting Septima before Voidfall though.

Angrymog
Jan 30, 2012

Really Madcats

I was very dissapointed recently. Got a suprise 'We have your package' message. As I'm expecting some kick starters I was quite excited. It was replacement rubber feet for the grill in my air fryer.

CellBlock
Oct 6, 2005

It just don't stop.

Angrymog posted:

I was very dissapointed recently. Got a suprise 'We have your package' message. As I'm expecting some kick starters I was quite excited. It was replacement rubber feet for the grill in my air fryer.

Haha; I did that the other day. I ordered some coffee online, then got an e-mail from UPS that said "You have a shipment on the way!" and got excited. Then I realized, "oh, it's that coffee I just ordered." I thought maybe someone sent me a package or it was a game I waiting for or something.

Jimbozig
Sep 30, 2003

I like sharing and ice cream and animals.
Hey, a fellow goon is close to funding but needs a few more backers to get over the line!

https://www.backerkit.com/c/chris-longhurst/strike-force-omega-print-run

I backed it, and I'm going to be so mad if it falls just short! It sounds really cool and I know the layout and design is going to be fantastic.

Chris makes really cool games and puts in a ton of effort into making them look great. I'm sure the print version is going to be gorgeous. I got the print version of "The Map is not the Territory" he did last year and its layout is so good!

Just 5 days left, let's make it happen!

Jimbozig fucked around with this message at 21:12 on Oct 24, 2023

Napoleon Nelson
Nov 8, 2012

Jimbozig posted:

Hey, a fellow goon is close to funding but needs a few more backers to get over the line!

https://www.backerkit.com/c/chris-longhurst/strike-force-omega-print-run

I backed it, and I'm going to be so mad if it falls just short! It sounds really cool and I know the layout and design is going to be fantastic.

Chris makes really cool games and puts in a ton of effort into making them look great. I'm sure the print version is going to be gorgeous. I got the print version of "The Map is not the Territory" he did last year and its layout is so good!

Just 5 days left, let's make it happen!

Thanks for posting this, I hadn't seen it before and it seems up my alley. Just backed!

The Eyes Have It
Feb 10, 2008

Third Eye Sees All
...snookums
Dragons Down is a Magic-Realm-inspired game that actually seems to resemble Magic Realm. :frogon:

https://www.kickstarter.com/projects/mrbgames/dragons-down

Magic Realm was a fantasy sandbox boardgame which made no distinction whatsoever between competitive and co-op play, players choose their own victory conditions, there is no "leveling up", and it even seamlessly allowed purely nonviolent play. It was made long before anyone even knew what a fantasy game should look or work like. There are loads of interesting and clever and brilliant concepts and mechanics in it (and maybe a few that never made it out of the 70s and 80s for a reason).

The game also feels profoundly different from other fantasy games. It's easy to die, everything is expensive, heroes do not effortlessly gather endless loot, and no monsters are 1 XP snacks. I'm always curious about re-imaginings and whether they'll manage to preserve the feel of the original while also updating things.

Impermanent
Apr 1, 2010
ugh every braincell i have is telling me that game is going to be a mess. but i want it to be good so badly.

Bottom Liner
Feb 15, 2006

a specific vein of lasagna

why does every map tile look like Yoshi Valley

Impermanent
Apr 1, 2010
it looks like the guy's done like a dozen boardgame kickstarters and has never personally interacted with a professional artist in all that time.

mllaneza
Apr 28, 2007

Veteran, Bermuda Triangle Expeditionary Force, 1993-1952

malkav11 posted:

But Septima is already fulfilling through them so maybe they'll do better on that. Fingers crossed.

I got Septima a couple of days ago. It was packed pretty well. Large shipping box with a large game box inside, they switched the packing to 8 Styrofoam inserts at the corners. Mine came in just fine. I pulled everything out of the box, production quality is very high. We're definitely getting our money's worth.

Picture and story for the re-packing here.
https://www.kickstarter.com/projects/mindclash/septima/posts/3934372

malkav11
Aug 7, 2009
I was definitely curious about Dragon's Down and then it launched and the core game was $100 and the expansion was $75 and I am not $175 (or even $100 for the core game) curious.

Like, I've seen it played. And it's got some interesting offbeat systems. But it's also *highly* random, there are special dice for everything you do and you can have piles of extremely dangerous monsters land on you and attack on turn 1. And NPCs, quests, shops, etc all randomized. (At least in the sandbox mode, didn't see the scenario approach demonstrated but I tend to assume it still inherits a fair amount of the randomness). Not necessarily the worst thing, but if you're going to do that, I need your game to be affordably priced, because something that random isn't a lifestyle game for me, it's something I'd break out in certain moods or as a solo timekiller. $100 isn't that. And I need plenty of variety, so I'd want expansion(s) too, and we're sailing even further from affordable by then.

Similarly I might have had some mild interest in the Secrets of the Lost Tomb remaster that dropped today, as kind of a different spin on the sort of experience of your Eldritch Horror type of thing, but that's $100 for the core box all the way up to $400 for all-in. Apparently that includes 16 expansions but...nope. I want something a little more robust for that kind of money.

Edit: haha, holy poo poo, I hadn't scrolled all the way down the Dragon's Down KS page, so I missed that they're expecting to charge $150 retail for the core box and not sell expansions at retail at all. And also their AI policy is "we contract to humans who use AI".

malkav11 fucked around with this message at 06:38 on Oct 25, 2023

The Eyes Have It
Feb 10, 2008

Third Eye Sees All
...snookums
The "different set of dice for everything" I suspect is to avoid referring to different D6 lookup tables for resolving activities. Whether that's the way to go... dunno.

I think the best Magic Realm re-imagining is Magic Realm Lite 30, a print-and-play that hits most of the MR bases in about 30 minutes :v:

TheDiceBagLady
Aug 2, 2015

Annie, Owner of Bad Squiddo Games. No longer a Garbage Dick. Buy my things, they're great!
http://kck.st/3QfjYG4

Dead Man's Hand 2nd Edition by Great Escape Games is flying high - all plastic cowboy game in a box! Proper plastic!

mllaneza
Apr 28, 2007

Veteran, Bermuda Triangle Expeditionary Force, 1993-1952

Fans of both Luke Rejec (Ultraviolet Grasslands) in specific and starships in general should check out An Infinity of Ships, they just unlocked a goal to have Luka design a ship.

https://www.kickstarter.com/projects/72stations/an-infinity-of-ships/description

dwarf74
Sep 2, 2012

Buglord
The Monty Python rpg pdf dropped and uh it sure is something. I'm reasonably sure there's an rpg in here among the um... layout.

It's beautiful. The layout fits the theme. It's hurting my eyes and actively hostile to reading. I wish I had a plain text version.

EDIT - Oh seems like the rules parts are laid out more clearly. So far. That's good.

Edit 2 - I take it back. The bulk of the book is fine and perfectly readable. Sorry.

dwarf74 fucked around with this message at 05:22 on Oct 28, 2023

Zoeb
Oct 8, 2023

TheDiceBagLady posted:

http://kck.st/3QfjYG4

Dead Man's Hand 2nd Edition by Great Escape Games is flying high - all plastic cowboy game in a box! Proper plastic!

This would be good if I decided to run Deadlands again.

Echophonic
Sep 16, 2005

ha;lp
Gun Saliva

dwarf74 posted:

The Monty Python rpg pdf dropped and uh it sure is something. I'm reasonably sure there's an rpg in here among the um... layout.

It's beautiful. The layout fits the theme. It's hurting my eyes and actively hostile to reading. I wish I had a plain text version.

EDIT - Oh seems like the rules parts are laid out more clearly. So far. That's good.

Edit 2 - I take it back. The bulk of the book is fine and perfectly readable. Sorry.

Taking layout advice from the fuckin' Book of the SubGenius, what the hell.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

That Italian Guy
Jul 25, 2012

We need the equivalent of the shrimp = small pastry avatar, but for ambulances and their mysteries now.

dwarf74 posted:

I had originally backed this at a physical tier, but I decided to cancel before the end of the campaign. I was afraid it was going to be some kind of novelty item on my shelf more than anything else...