Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Baron von Eevl
Jan 24, 2005

WHITE NOISE
GENERATOR

🔊😴
What movie is it that Dickeye was posting about way back when where they blow up the evil van and then a minute later it just starts back up and keeps driving.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

M_Sinistrari
Sep 5, 2008

Do you like scary movies?

Argue posted:

Keep the slasher hybrids coming I will loving watch em all
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=VsKLKriMch4

Yeah, I'll give that a watch. Though now I'm wondering what other films could they horror hybrid? They've already done Freaky Friday, Back to the Future, and Groundhog Day.

Snooze Cruise
Feb 16, 2013

hey look,
a post
there is nothing in the rulebook that says a talking dog can't be the slasher

PKMN Trainer Red
Oct 22, 2007

Snooze Cruise posted:

there is nothing in the rulebook that says a talking dog can't be the slasher

I see you've read my spec script Scare Bud.

Phy
Jun 27, 2008

Fun Shoe

PKMN Trainer Red posted:

:allears:

WeaponX
Jul 28, 2008

Baron von Eevl posted:

What movie is it that Dickeye was posting about way back when where they blow up the evil van and then a minute later it just starts back up and keeps driving.

Hauntedween?

Gripweed
Nov 8, 2018

I just had an amazing idea. Hear me out. We take old public domain horror movies. We find in those movies all establishing shots of the main building where the action of the movie takes place. We use modern cutting edge computer technology to digitally add two quarter round windows to the top of the façade of that building. We then rerelease those movies as Amityville movies!

Night of the Living Dead becomes The Living Dead in Amityville! The Cabinet of Dr. Caligari becomes Amityville Madman! Little Shop of Horrors becomes The Demon Plant of Amityville!

We'll make a fortune!

PKMN Trainer Red
Oct 22, 2007

Pretzel Rod Serling
Aug 6, 2008

incredible opportunity for enterprising Long Island filmmakers to shoot like 10 seconds of B-roll outside of the real house (the owners had the windows changed like twenty years ago but it’s still the real house)

Gripweed
Nov 8, 2018

Megaman's Jockstrap
Jul 16, 2000

What a horrible thread to have a post.

PKMN Trainer Red posted:

Somebody get this guy a Netflix show!!!

PKMN Trainer Red
Oct 22, 2007

Mike Flanagan's Scare Bud. The murdering golden retriever is mocapped by Carla Gugino.

weekly font
Dec 1, 2004

Everytime I try to fly I fall
Without my wings
I feel so small
Guess I need you baby...

The ref has a 10 minute monologue about the rules of basketball.

Hollismason
Jun 30, 2007
An alright dude.
I will only accept it if Richard Brake voices Scare Bud

Phy
Jun 27, 2008

Fun Shoe

Hollismason posted:

I will only accept it if Richard Kind voices Scare Bud

PKMN Trainer Red
Oct 22, 2007

Dr. Video Games 0069
Jan 1, 2006

nice dolphin, nigga

Snooze Cruise
Feb 16, 2013

hey look,
a post

YES! YES! YES!

Megaman's Jockstrap
Jul 16, 2000

Your shoulders gettin' tired from carrying this thread around for the last couple days, champ?

Snooze Cruise
Feb 16, 2013

hey look,
a post
the tagline could be something like... when the final girl meets the good girl

ruddiger
Jun 3, 2004

lmao

Megaman's Jockstrap
Jul 16, 2000

Shocked veterinarian: "Her nose is wet...with blood!"

Duh I just got this. Very good!

Pope Corky the IX
Dec 18, 2006

What are you looking at?

Pretzel Rod Stewart posted:

incredible opportunity for enterprising Long Island filmmakers to shoot like 10 seconds of B-roll outside of the real house (the owners had the windows changed like twenty years ago but it’s still the real house)

They changed the address as well. And the neighbors get pissed at anyone driving slowly down the block.

Hollismason
Jun 30, 2007
An alright dude.
No for Scare Bud you have to do a reverse John Wick. Where its like Michael Myers or Jason type but they have a dog, but then the slasher villian gets killed and the dog takes its revenge on the teenagers using all the skills it learned from its master.

I gave this like 45 minutes of thought earlier.

So the set up is like a masked killer who has a dog that helps him. He gets killed and the dog finishes the job.

The opening scene is just montage of this serial killer raising this dog to help him hunt. Taking care of it. Then he gets taken out. The dog tracks down the remaining people.

This would loving work as a movie.

High Warlord Zog
Dec 12, 2012

PKMN Trainer Red posted:

Psycho II is low-key great and Anthony Perkins is great in it, constantly being like

He's so much fun in Ken Russell's Crime of Passion too. Is he a real priest? Is it a kink? Whatever he's doing he's going way over the top.

Deadite
Aug 30, 2003

A fat guy, a watermelon, and a stack of magazines?
Family.
I got my halloween lawn display up. It always feels like I have a lot of skeletons until I put them up and see I have a ton of room for more skeletons

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=G81KnVDxNPA

HUNDU THE BEAST GOD
Sep 14, 2007

everything is yours
What was going on in the UK between like 1993-2003? Lately when I watch horror anthologies from there they're so meanspirited and filled with unpleasant, bickering characters.

Flying Zamboni posted:

Wrong kid died!

Hahahah

Snooze Cruise
Feb 16, 2013

hey look,
a post
no i don't like that version of scared bud, i guess we are going have to do a scared bud film festival where we all make our own verison of scared bud in windows 3dmm to decide which is the best version of scared bud

Megaman's Jockstrap
Jul 16, 2000

Snooze Cruise posted:

no i don't like that version of scared bud, i guess we are going have to do a scared bud film festival where we all make our own verison of scared bud in windows 3dmm to decide which is the best version of scared bud

Problem here would be casting. All I have is a 9 year old black pug. He's about as threatening as a potato (which he resembles).

Erin M. Fiasco
Mar 21, 2013

Nothing's better than postin' in the morning!

For people who have watched both, I admit that I was put off of Totally Killer through the trailers because it felt like The Final Girls without the heart. Is Totally Killer worth watching?

Megaman's Jockstrap
Jul 16, 2000

Erin M. Fiasco posted:

For people who have watched both, I admit that I was put off of Totally Killer through the trailers because it felt like The Final Girls without the heart. Is Totally Killer worth watching?

Yeah. It's fine. The lead actress has good energy, there's some fun stuff. It's a lot more *Gen Z shocked face* than *Gen Z quips* which is what the trailer makes it look like. I thought it was totally mediocre but not, like, bad. If you like the premise go for it.

Hollismason
Jun 30, 2007
An alright dude.

Erin M. Fiasco posted:

Its fine. Its very made for TV horror movie though. Its not totally awful but doesn't do anything interesting with the premise. I'd give it a solid like C.

A Proper Uppercut
Sep 30, 2008

I'm dumb, is this Amityville?

Hollismason
Jun 30, 2007
An alright dude.

A Proper Uppercut posted:

I'm dumb, is this Amityville?

Yes. Its the Amityville windows.

A Proper Uppercut
Sep 30, 2008

Thought so, that poo poo gave me nightmares as a kid.

Pretzel Rod Serling
Aug 6, 2008

Pope Corky the IX posted:

They changed the address as well. And the neighbors get pissed at anyone driving slowly down the block.

yep. but it’s still the real house!!!!

my dad has funny bullshit teenage stories about seeing sinister red candles in the window or whatever. you loving didn’t, dude. but it’s funny and cool that you think you did

ruddiger
Jun 3, 2004

Anyone know which hardcore band the killers go to see in August Underground?

BrownPepper
Dec 30, 2017

Hollismason posted:

The scene in Christine where the car is on fire and just driving down the road to run that guy down is loving insanely bad rear end imagery.

Its fall weather here so I decided on Christine and I think I'mma go with another Stephen King as well probably Maximum Overdrive.

That whole gas station set-piece is really great. Also Keith Gordan is really good in in it; he totally sells the very drastic change his character goes through. Movie wouldn't work nearly as well if he isn't convincing at both ends of his personality change.

Darthemed
Oct 28, 2007

"A data unit?
For me?
"

College Slice

ruddiger posted:

Anyone know which hardcore band the killers go to see in August Underground?
The credits list Kaos FM as a special appearance, and also put them in the musical credits section, so probably them.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Nikumatic
Feb 13, 2012

a fantastic machine made of meat

Erin M. Fiasco posted:

It’s definitely not as heartfelt as Final Girls, but not many movies are. The fact that I think it still belongs in the conversation says a lot for it though! I’m on the higher end of enjoyment for TK than a lot of other people seem to be, I really dug it.