Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

ThatBasqueGuy
Feb 14, 2013

someone introduce jojo to lazyb

The Oldest Man posted:

mid, next. no more red states.

Artificial series of islands in the middle of the atlantic

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Starsfan
Sep 29, 2007

This is what happens when you disrespect Cam Neely

This is incredibly interesting and makes perfect sense. Israel upset because their elite army got caught with their pants down and dragged off as hostages by a bunch of malnourished teens using hand me down gear, now they gotta blow up a bunch of innocent civilians to show the rest of the region they are still the most barbaric of them all (in case anyone could ever doubt it for a moment).

Smythe
Oct 12, 2003

Hatebag posted:

the story of exodus is actually bronze age propaganda against the egyptians. the ancestors of jews migrated into the levant from the east/northeast which is observable with the archaeological evidence of cisterns.
plus the pyramids were built using the corveé labor system, not slavery

this is too hosed up to believe

syntaxrigger
Jul 7, 2011

Actually you owe me 6! But who's countin?

Hilario Baldness posted:

If it hasn't happened already, Tlaib will have probably receive death threats by the end of the week, she'll be asked to resign by Democratic leadership

Do you think that started over the weekend? She has been getting death threats. She won’t let that poo poo phase her

CLAM DOWN
Feb 13, 2007

Death By The Blues
Oct 30, 2011
Videos last night of West Bank protests/uprisings

https://twitter.com/ME_Observer_/status/1711921861347410342

https://twitter.com/ME_Observer_/status/1711895522598928384

https://twitter.com/WarMonitors/status/1711886357344158060

https://twitter.com/Nerdlandia0/status/1711897352812872181

https://twitter.com/MiddleEastMnt/status/1711913927905341619

The Oldest Man
Jul 28, 2003

Paladin posted:

Palestine (/ˈpælɪstiːn/ PAL-ih-steen) is a city in and the seat of Anderson County in the U.S. state of Texas

Getting warmer

Smythe
Oct 12, 2003

lmfao

Starsfan
Sep 29, 2007

This is what happens when you disrespect Cam Neely

NO!

Buck Wildman
Mar 30, 2010

I am Metango, Galactic Governor

can I get one of those jumpsuits I need something for when I'm in the garden

crepeface
Nov 5, 2004

r*p*f*c*

The Oldest Man posted:

no no see we'll simply give the displaced survivors of the palestinian genocide a new home in *throws dart at map*

https://twitter.com/AliFromTheArea/status/1710964682369159255?t=3Q2jG7h3pzjTZAd4yEMKig&s=19

RadiRoot
Feb 3, 2007

Soggy Muffin posted:

Reddit social experiment

shocking

mdemone
Mar 14, 2001

Smythe posted:

ask Dr. Chancellor Williams after you read his book.

think about what must have been happening along the upper Nile about 5000 years ago. modern Ethiopia? follow the etymology of the word itself...

African civilization came first. This has to be at the root of all anthropology.

RealityWarCriminal
Aug 10, 2016

:o:
never ever click links in a war thread

NeonPunk
Dec 21, 2020

I for one cannot wait until Israel is no longer a country and every globe manufacturer has to update their maps

The Voice of Labor
Apr 8, 2020

RealityWarCriminal
Aug 10, 2016

:o:
it's cool to be the guy at work with the really sick videos on his phone. everyone likes him and he gets mad pussy

smoobles
Sep 4, 2014

RealityWarCriminal posted:

never ever click links in a war thread

they could be booby trapped

DancingShade
Jul 26, 2007

by Fluffdaddy

Al! posted:

so loving stoked that they're going to give biden the nobel peace prize for this lmfao

Me standing alone in a field of bodies that stretches to all horizons, cleaver in hand: Ah, blissful tranquillity at last.

Atrocious Joe
Sep 2, 2011

it's 2002 again

Kazzah
Jul 15, 2011

Formerly known as
Krazyface
Hair Elf

perhaps i was too quick to condemn the airstrikes

smoobles
Sep 4, 2014

his head is still on, thank goodness.

Idia
Apr 26, 2010

Fun Shoe

Smythe posted:

The corvée system is legit and was used in Egypt and in other civilizations of antiquity to build large works. What dumbasses literally take the Bible to be factual set of events oh..wait..

Hatebag
Jun 17, 2008

Smythe posted:

the jews are actually just canaanites and they weren't even a thing when the pyramids were being built. there are some fibs in the bibel

Hilario Baldness
Feb 10, 2005

:buddy:

Grimey Drawer
Graham will desperately try to weave Iran into this, as his programming dictates

Sherbert Hoover
Dec 12, 2019

Working hard, thank you!

Buddykins posted:

he looks like that jeff dunham puppet

fuckin lol

Raskolnikov38
Mar 3, 2007

We were somewhere around Manila when the drugs began to take hold
oh yeah the Old Testament is utter crap lol. early isrealities were just weirdos that abandoned the Semitic pantheon to worship only the god El

HallelujahLee
May 3, 2009

Buddykins posted:

he looks like that jeff dunham puppet

zetamind2000
Nov 6, 2007

I'm an alien.

can't be difficult to steal his account and convince elon to support hamas

Atrocious Joe
Sep 2, 2011

quote:

'Does it ever end?': Muslims face Islamophobia in New York City amid Pro-Palestine protests
Muslims and organisations in city say they expect more acts of hatred and Islamophobia, especially after the mayor's "extremist" comment

By Zainab Iqbal
Published date: 10 October 2023 22:19 BST | Last update: 5 hours 5 mins ago
Jannatul Ferdous Nila and two friends were on their way to a pro-Palestine protest outside the Israeli consulate in New York City on Monday, after leaving Brooklyn to take a train into Manhattan. All of them were wearing hijabs and keffiyehs.

While the journey there was short, it was one they’ll remember for a long time.

They were far from the protest when they exited the train station and were met by a man who stared at them and mockingly jeered, “Free, Free, gently caress you!” They chose to ignore him.

Later on, a woman stopped them and called them “monsters” and “murderers” and proceeded to swear at them and said, “You guys are all terrorists! All of you!”

Nila and her friends ignored her as well and kept walking.

“We kept looking down but she was still yelling as we were walking away,” Nila told Middle East Eye.

Later on, a man cursed them out and yelled insults at them, calling them terrorists. “Go back to Iraq or Libya or Yemen or Pakistan or wherever the hell it is you’re from,” Nila recalled. “It was a long list of Muslim countries and I can’t remember all of them he said to us.”

Still, Nila and her friends ignored him. They made sure not to make eye contact and kept walking. While they pretended to be okay, they were gripped by fear of what could happen to them.

“At some point, I just tuned it out and continued my regular conversations with my friends, because engaging with these people who are clearly being violently racist to me is dangerous and not worth entertaining,” she said.

“How am I supposed to expect the streets of New York City to be safe as a Muslim woman when the mayor of the city of New York himself was spewing hateful Islamophobic rhetoric publicly on the internet and calling us terrorists?”

https://www.middleeasteye.net/news/islamophobic-new-york-city-amid-pro-palestine-protests

Majorian
Jul 1, 2009
https://twitter.com/ItalyinIsrael/status/1711821345976181111
roflmao, this was very poorly-considered

Mister Speaker
May 8, 2007

WE WILL CONTROL
ALL THAT YOU SEE
AND HEAR

Hatebag posted:

the story of exodus is actually bronze age propaganda against the egyptians.

Can you elaborate on this? I know it's a myth but what do you mean specifically by 'bronze age propaganda'?

Hatebag
Jun 17, 2008

a lot of the old testament is essentially lists of the competing civilizations in the area and why they are evil monsters

Hatebag
Jun 17, 2008

Mister Speaker posted:

Can you elaborate on this? I know it's a myth but what do you mean specifically by 'bronze age propaganda'?

it was made up in 700 bce or whatever because the big enemy of israel at the time was egypt

Morbus
May 18, 2004

1stGear posted:

I actually took the risk of digging around for pictures or videos of dead kids from Kfar Aza on Twitter and Reddit and found nothing. Its entirely just people linking back to the iTV or CNN reporters who shot the video claiming it happened or other accounts going "Yeah, I totally have photo and videos but not going to post them, just trust me bro".

Like, I don't think more images of dead children should be blasted out into the world, but considered the loving President of the United States is repeating it as fact and it is being used as an excuse for genocide, there should probably be some actual proof shown.

Now lets see what happens when we go fishing for pictures of dead and maimed Palestinian children...

PhilippAchtel
May 31, 2011

Atrocious Joe posted:

https://twitter.com/hillary__vaughn/status/1711908229762945088

The one Palestinian in the US Congress gets chased and questioned about why she refuses to speak about the beheading of Israeli babies

I loving hate social media... and all media honestly

Von Sloneker
Jul 6, 2009

as if all this was something more
than another footnote on a postcard from nowhere,
another chapter in the handbook for exercises in futility

titty_baby_
Nov 11, 2015

:thunk:

Typo
Aug 19, 2009

Chernigov Military Aviation Lyceum
The Fighting Slowpokes

PhilippAchtel posted:

I loving hate social media... and all media honestly

this is why I get all my news from twitter embeds on cspam

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

mdemone
Mar 14, 2001

Hatebag posted:

it was made up in 700 bce or whatever because the big enemy of israel at the time was egypt

way older even than that...

Mister Speaker posted:

It's a re-historicization of how Ethiopian (upper Nile) peoples were displaced by North African/Arab (lower Nile) by means of war, trade, immigration, etc.

occurred maybe 5000-2500 BCE.

Egyptian Old Kingdom starts around the end of that time, more or less.

the Sphinx was modeled after Khufre, circa 3000 BCE.

his African nose was destroyed by the later masters of the Egyptian kingdom. Napoleon only wished he could have done it.