Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

stab
Feb 12, 2003

To you from failing hands we throw the torch, be yours to hold it high

AsInHowe posted:

How many Red Wings got picked, and where? Who was pick #2?

Draisaitl went 2nd. Makar 3rd.

Not many otoh, Raymond, Seider and DeBrincat I think.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

MediaPlayerClassic
Aug 24, 2012
So are we getting Bron Breaker vs the Undertaker or what here

JUNGLE BOY
Sep 23, 2019

carmelo better pray vince doesn't see this

Pope Corky the IX
Dec 18, 2006

What are you looking at?
Sure, I’m enjoying Taker spending the last few years clowning on himself.

Pillowpants
Aug 5, 2006

Shard posted:

If anyone watched both shows let me know how you felt the nxt one stacked up against dynamite?

I'm just starting Dynamite now, but having never watched NXT before - I was impressed by Bronn vs Hayes, and Ilya Dragunov looks really good but Dominik Mysterio really sucks. I honestly found myself bored by everything else.

Also Understaker Nostalgia.

...Christians Intro was better than the 2 hours of NXT though.

xbilkis
Apr 11, 2005

god qb
me
jay hova

Sad to see both companies play footsie with antisemitism tonight

UnleashedDad
Jan 14, 2022

hi im tony. did you know that a koala's appendix is about two meters long.
UT coming out at this point is like Nick Bockwinkel laying someone out in 2003.

xbilkis
Apr 11, 2005

god qb
me
jay hova
Just remember Asuka was booked for NXT too...how deep does this go...

Taffy Torpedo
Feb 2, 2008

...Can we have the radio?

UnleashedDad posted:

UT coming out at this point is like Nick Bockwinkel laying someone out in 2003.

That would've owned tbh.

yea ok
Jul 27, 2006

https://twitter.com/Nick_Hausman/status/1711796010303750409

quote:

Opening the show is the entrance of Cody Rhodes. Wearing a suit and tie, Rhodes enters the soundstage at the Performance Center in Orlando. The live studio audience sings along to his theme song.

Rhodes began his monologue by addressing the audience, doing his line where he asks what we want to talk about. He goes on to say he never thought he would be in a NXT ring, but here he is.

Cody moves on to his announcement, or rather announcements -- plural. Rhodes talks about tournaments in NXT, which leads to him referring to the Dusty Rhodes Tag Team Classic. The studio audience chants "DUSTY" at Cody, just before Cody announces the Dusty Classic is coming back.

Rhodes has one other announcement. Shawn Michaels made Rhodes the guest general manager. Vic Joseph on commentary says Rhodes now has "the pencil," which is an insider term for being the booker.

Out comes NXT Champion Ilja Dragunov to join Cody in the ring. Dragunov apologizes for interrupting Rhodes, but Dragunov wanted to welcome Rhodes to NXT. Dragunov puts over Rhodes, and Dragunov basically says he wants to be like Rhodes.

Interrupting them is WWE Women's World Champion Rhea Ripley and NXT North American Champion Dominik Mysterio. Dom cuts a promo putting himself over while he is heavily booed by the studio audience. Dom insults Dragunov, and Mysterio says he is "the one true" champion. Mysterio then insults Cody. Bad idea to insult the booker.

Dragunov responds by saying his father worked in prison, so he knows how to "turn a barking dog into a sweet little puppy." Rhodes whispers something in Dragunov's ear, just before Dom challenges Dragunov to a NXT title match tonight.

Rhodes says what he is hearing is Dom does not want to put his own title on the line. That comment led to Ripley interjecting to say Dom has carried WWE on his back for the past year. Dragunov cut off Ripley, and Dragunov accepts the challenge to a NXT Championship match. Rhodes make it official, and the match is set for later on.

But Rhodes is not done yet, as he also has one last impromptu announcement. Rhodes adds LA Knight as the guest referee tonight in the NXT title match, to counteract Judgment Day.

Kelly Kincaid is backstage as a roving reporter. She reports those in the NXT women's locker room have all gathered around the monitor to watch the next match.

Shotzi Blackheart joins Booker T and Vic Joseph at the announce desk for guest commentary on the next bout.

yea ok
Jul 27, 2006

when he's right he's right

Dimebags Brain
Feb 18, 2013

If I sat through 2 hours of WWE hoping to see the Undertaker and he came out at the very last minute in jeans and a t-shirt and couldn't even be bothered to put on the loving hat I'd be pretty pissed.

UnleashedDad
Jan 14, 2022

hi im tony. did you know that a koala's appendix is about two meters long.
They blew it away with the old 20 minute opening promo where eight people come out and take turns talking

JUNGLE BOY
Sep 23, 2019

https://twitter.com/WrestleOps/status/1711932267457593654

oh no no no

mooseinfants
Dec 22, 2014
Wait so their big uncomparable opener was the same segment that every Raw opens with? Of course it was

Seams
Feb 3, 2005

ROCK HARD

mooseinfants posted:

Wait so their big uncomparable opener was the same segment that every Raw opens with? Of course it was

HHH is BACK!!!!

Erin M. Fiasco
Mar 21, 2013

Nothing's better than postin' in the morning!

are ya finishing the story son

SyntheticPolygon
Dec 20, 2013

yea ok posted:

when he's right he's right

AsInHowe
Jan 11, 2007

red winged angel

stab posted:

Draisaitl went 2nd. Makar 3rd.

Not many otoh, Raymond, Seider and DeBrincat I think.

Draisaitl's the right choice, and Makar is too.

Don't sleep on Larkin, he's gonna get a lot of points as DeBrincat's passer.

TheKingslayer
Sep 3, 2008

JUNGLE BOY posted:

carmelo better pray vince doesn't see this

Taker has a dumb head. It's shaped all stupid.

Cavauro
Jan 9, 2008

nxt had 300,000 more viewers than aew

Prokhor Zakharov
Dec 31, 2008

This is me as I make another great post

Good luck with your depression!
https://twitter.com/DrDanDongus718/status/1711925338421526681?t=M0Ux4pXH9Wv27l7a1sR4Cg&s=19

Ganso Bomb
Oct 24, 2005

turn it all around

TheKingslayer posted:

Taker has a dumb head. It's shaped all stupid.

Well there’s no brains in it

oldpainless
Oct 30, 2009

This 📆 post brought to you by RAID💥: SHADOW LEGENDS👥.
RAID💥: SHADOW LEGENDS 👥 - It's for your phone📲TM™ #ad📢

When did he meet Brayden walker

Prokhor Zakharov
Dec 31, 2008

This is me as I make another great post

Good luck with your depression!
glad they finally busted undertaker back to developmental, that mfer needs to learn to hardcam and run the ropes

oldpainless
Oct 30, 2009

This 📆 post brought to you by RAID💥: SHADOW LEGENDS👥.
RAID💥: SHADOW LEGENDS 👥 - It's for your phone📲TM™ #ad📢

Digital Jedi posted:

It sure is a look

The political beep

That DICK!
Sep 28, 2010

thats my favorite sketch from the show. google itysl beeples

TheKingslayer
Sep 3, 2008

Digital Jedi posted:

It sure is a look

Elephant Ambush
Nov 13, 2012

...We sholde spenden more time together. What sayest thou?
Nap Ghost
So I was watching Dynamite in a discord stream and during the commercials they switched over to NXT and every single time it was an in ring promo or backstage segment. Every single time

Also lmao that the Cody opening promo was supposed to totally bury AEW and it was just the same opening as RAW every Monday for the last 15 years

Invalid Validation
Jan 13, 2008

So I guess the cable companies are just so dumb they don’t realize that WWE just tries to juice numbers to get a better contract? Like it always happens and they don’t just look at historical numbers?

Majinfoose
Jul 26, 2007

HOLY SHIT
This vegan brisket is bussin

Invalid Validation posted:

So I guess the cable companies are just so dumb they don’t realize that WWE just tries to juice numbers to get a better contract? Like it always happens and they don’t just look at historical numbers?

They dumb OP

Drakkel
May 6, 2007

IT'S LIKE I CAN TOUCH YOU!

I don't think it's much of a stretch to say the network execs have not watched a single second of WWE programming

Majinfoose
Jul 26, 2007

HOLY SHIT
This vegan brisket is bussin

Drakkel posted:

I don't think it's much of a stretch to say the network execs have not watched a single second of WWE programming

They truly are the lucky ones

Draxion
Jun 9, 2013

Drakkel posted:

Hell, me neither

Long-Time Lurker
May 20, 2021

readin'-but-not-postin'-jones
Cody is an authority figure in NXT now? Lmao.

Serperoth
Feb 21, 2013

Drakkel posted:

Neither have I, good for them tbh

That DICK!
Sep 28, 2010

No no I was saying I wanted the one thing my dad EVER got

Rusty Shackelford
Feb 7, 2005

It used to be a regular thing for network tv called Sweeps.

Grendels Dad
Mar 5, 2011

Popular culture has passed you by.

Long-Time Lurker posted:

Cody is an authority figure in NXT now? Lmao.

Did he book himself to never ever win the NXT world/universe/galaxy title?

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Drakkel
May 6, 2007

IT'S LIKE I CAN TOUCH YOU!
"You know my father, Dusty Rhodes, never won the Dusty Rhodes Classic...."